• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

eFKac

The loot games and ESJ all look good, I'll look forward to those.

Also, those 2K iOS ports now look definitely legit. Let's hope they won't stop at Civ and Xcom, I need Bioshock 1

The Bioshock Vita we've been waiting for!

I would actually love to play the iOS port on the Vita ;_;

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
the Hotline Miami collected edition cover is so hot that i may have to buy it just for that - damn.

cj_iwakura

The Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night kickstarter got a Vita stretch goal. It will almost certainly be met. Unless it's a significantly different version I can't imagine it turning out well though.

Finally.

fy.jpg

I have my misgivings about this project, but I hope it comes out well.

redcrayon

The Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night kickstarter got a Vita stretch goal. It will almost certainly be met. Unless it's a significantly different version I can't imagine it turning out well though.
I don't know, as they say, both the WiiU and Vita versions having touch screens will probably mean Armature putting a bit of thought into taking advantage of them rather than just being a worse version of the PS4 game. It doesn't sound like those versions will only be a half-arsed effort of the main game to me, more like being developed alongside to complement it.

mitchlol

GAF help me decide on a new JRPG

Tossing up between Tales of Hearts R and Sword Art Online

To help you get an idea for what I like here's some facts.

I didn't love Persona 4.... I tried to like it but I didn't get into the whole social aspect thing at all... I really liked the combat but I found the dungeons a little tedious and repetitive. I though the production value was excellent but after 15 hours I just wasn't hooked.

I have Final Fantasy X and I liked probably every aspect of the game except for the Grid Sphere stuff and .... blitzball (WORST THING EVER!!!)

I have Ys: Memories of Celceta but I find the combat a little mashy, it's not a bad game at all but it's also not fantastic...

I want something with a good story that doesn't feel super grindy or have hundreds of boring side quests.

I'm open to real-time combat or turn based

cj_iwakura

To help you get an idea for what I like here's some facts.

I didn't love Persona 4.... I tried to like it but I didn't get into the whole social aspect thing at all... I really liked the combat but I found the dungeons a little tedious and repetitive. I though the production value was excellent but after 15 hours I just wasn't hooked.

I have Final Fantasy X and I liked probably every aspect of the game except for the Grid Sphere stuff and .... blitzball (WORST THING EVER!!!)

I have Ys: Memories of Celceta but I find the combat a little mashy, it's not a bad game at all but it's also not fantastic...

I want something with a good story that doesn't feel super grindy or have hundreds of boring side quests.

I'm open to real-time combat or turn based

Do you like SRPGs? I'd suggest Growlanser (IV) Wayfarer of Time. Great story, straight to the point, very rewarding and involved combat.

kurahador

Something you should know about ToHR:
-random encounter.
-no quick escape from dungeon.
-in-game cutscenes are stiff as hell (like old ps2 game stiff) and alot of them were relegated to animated portrait dialogues.

I think you should look for some psp games like Trails in the Sky for good story.
Otherwise, you're gonna have to play something that's not a jrpg.

Fady K

Thanks for the new update, Fady K.

That Octodad footage looks great, I hope it comes out looking that good, would be amazing.

You are most welcome Skyzard :) Working on the next update!

Was gonna get it anyway, but Clockwork girl = sold

Yes! Can't wait for this :)!

Thanks for sharing all this Takao :) Saved me a lot of work! Plenty of updates this last week, not bad for our beloved legacy platform ;D

Amazon's got it listed for the same date now too. Updated box art as well.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XVJ3NM4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm kinda optimistic about how it'll run on the Vita, considering it was delayed for about seven months.

Glad to see this is confirmed! Didn't expect a retail release at the end of the day.

Thank you very much Kresnik :) I'll use some of them in my update :D

Obligatory check-in for my favorite GAF thread :)

Still working on Shovel Knight along with FFIX

Welcome back friend :) Glad to have you here.

LOOT Interactive has announced three games for Vita, all due out later this year.

Whispering Willows
"Developed by NightLight Interactive, this beautiful 2D adventure game tells a horror-themed tale from the perspective of a female protagonist with hand-painted artwork and a haunting soundtrack"

Back to Bed
"Developed by Bedtime Digital Games, this whimsical puzzle game tasks players with guiding a sleepwalker safely home through a surreal dream world inspired by the artwork of M.C. Escher, Salvador Dali and René Magritte"

Velocibox
"Developed by Shawn Beck Games, this unforgivingly tough endless runner game challenges players to safely guide a speeding box through an increasingly diabolical obstacle course"

Also Bandai Namco's confirmed a localisation + retail release for Sword Art Online: Lost Song in the West.

CGA2D-lUIAATqIL.jpg

Brilliant, brilliant news!! So much stuff confirmed this week, what a beautiful week indeed :D!!

XSEED is localizing two Vita titles for later this year: Corpse Party Blood Drive and Earth Defense Force 2.

I have been waiting for a very long time for Corpse Party: Blood Drive. Having EDF2 as well is the icing on the cake <3

What. A. Week <3 It'll definitely hit the target with 12 days to go <3

Assault Android Cactus finally has release date

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053188&highlight=cactus

aac_drill.gif

I've played steam demo and it should be really amazing twin stick shooter.

Been a long time coming, was worried it got canned :D!

So yeah, don't know if this is the right thread but since there are many people here who do love their VITA system I decided to do this little thing here..

The VITA for me is really a strange kind of console, remember when I was a kid I really enjoyed my PSP over the DS, the device felt so high-tech compared to other systems I had(even my cellphone!) and I spent a lot of time on this thing.

Eventually I got a 3DS, love it, great device with great games but was super excited when the PSVITA got unveiled, got one on launch!
.. And there was a dead pixel on it.. Fine I return it, the shopkeeper wasn't in any kind of way helpful to me and wouldn't replace the console I just bought a day before but instead offered me 5 euro discount on my next purchase. I don't shop there anymore. Decided to ship it to Sony who was really helpful(Sony Netherlands here) and the people on the phone really seemed to care, which I found strange (in a good way!) because of the stories I have read on the internet about our customer support. Eventually got a new one, this one had a weird error which locked up the system and the only way to be able to get in the OS was to go via the I think it was called debug menu.. Send it in, got a new one.. Exact same problem -,-, sent it in and noticed the X button was really weird when pressed, like it got stuck, so, you guess what happened next.

So after 4 send ins I finally got a good VITA console, all the way through Sony was great in supporting me with my problems!

Then I finally play the console, you see I am one of the people who really believed that this was going to be a machine which would get great AAA games, and it got a few, loved Uncharted, Killzone and Gravity Rush. But after a while, we all know how the VITA stands and here I am thinking I sure as hell don't buy a console at launch ever again(Only did this with the WIIU and VITA before, my bad luck huh.)

So today is kind of a breakthrough, I decided after almost half a year if not longer to give this device a second opinion, a fresh start! And lower my expectations for a great AAA machine. So I find that weird charger(which if I lose that I really don't know if I will EVER find it again here in the Netherlands) and go to the store, update.

What amazed me is the OS, ow my it's smooth! Its really great compared to the 3DS and certainly to the PS3. I go into the store and here I am... feeling like a fool. At the moment I type this I have these games:

- Woah Dave
- FEZ
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
- OlliOlli 2
- CounterSpy
- Minecraft PSVITA edition
- Knytt Underground
- The Unfinished Swan
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Velocity 2x
- Spyro 1,2,3
- Crash Bandicoot 1,2,3 and crash racing
- Rayman
- Medievil
- Tomba 2

And this was all in my download list.. The whole time! I am going to give this little fella the benefit of the doubt with al those games to play and maybe... I was wrong all along :)

jonno394

Always good to hear from new Vita owners, especially those giving it a second chance :)

It's amazing that this "dead" system has reinvigorated my gaming interest this year and has led to me buying a GBA and a DS too (because I now adore playing on a handheld!). I've bought about 20 physical Vita games since January and decided on amassing a collection of sorts.

Always good to hear from new Vita owners. Glad everything got sorted out in the end for you and now you're one of us :)

It's amazing that this "dead" system has reinvigorated my gaming interest this year and has led to me buying a GBA and a DS too (because I now adore playing on a handheld!). I've bought about 20 physical Vita games since January and decided on amassing a collection of sorts.
I think allot of the system his problems is perception from the crowd, the WIIU has the same problem and in a lesser extend I think the XBOX ONE has this problem (it really isn't that always on Kinect centric device anymore..) But when you get that negative press it's really hard to turn it around.

I must say I was really surprised when I did take the time to scroll through the download list(which is the only really annoying thing on the system, why isn't there a filter and why does it kick me to the top every time I install something?)

Handheld gaming is great and the GBA and DS are great systems too! if you can you should pick up a PSP down the line if you haven't already, so much good memories with that handheld :)

Takao

Banned
Going to post this here since it might get some more attention. A former Sound Shapes dev is collaborating with a bunch of music acts to create a Vita/PS4 bound rhythm x tower defense hybrid. They're currently running a crowdfunding campaign that's almost over, though they're still a bit away from their goal. Vita and PS4 are in the base package.

Kickstarter Link

With the base $50,000 goal, LOUD on Planet X will be released on the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 4 and PS Vita), Steam, and select mobile devices (iOS & Android). There is a $75k stretch goal for a Wii U release, with the team looking at the potential of an Xbox One goal.

LOUD on Planet X is an arcade-style indie music game featuring Tegan and Sara, METZ, Metric, Lights, July Talk, F*cked Up, Cadence Weapon, Austra and more.

Choose from a cross-section of top current indie music artists, then defend your stage from hordes of quirky aliens by tapping to the music and using a fun assortment of makeshift weapons like speakers, strobe lights, fog machines, amplifiers, bouncers and custom special attacks!

LOUD on Planet X is an exciting new indie alternative to Rock Band or Guitar Hero with a splash of Plants vs Zombies – a new hybrid of rhythm game and classic shooter with tower defence elements.

LOUD on Planet X is targeted for Fall 2015 release on the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 4 and PS Vita), Steam, and select mobile devices (iOS & Android).

GAME FEATURES:
  • 12 top current indie artists
  • 24 different music tracks (2 tracks per artist)
  • 28 level single player campaign
  • Competitive leaderboard
  • Standard controller or touch screen interface
  • Available for PlayStation Network (PlayStation 4 and PS Vita), Steam, and select mobile devices (iOS & Android)*
FUqcKQn.jpg

We began development on LOUD on Planet X in January 2014 with a small but fierce team, whose individual relevant credits include working on the hit music game Sound Shapes with Beck and deadmau5 (84% on Metacritic - available on the PlayStation Network), working out of Bento Miso in Toronto.

We've been able to secure an incredible line-up of top established and emerging artists, including Tegan and Sara, METZ, Metric, Lights, July Talk, F*cked Up, Cadence Weapon and Austra, as well as generous financial support from the Ontario Media Development Corporation and FACTOR Digital Marketing Fund.

Last month was the first public sneak peek of our playable prototype at GDC, PAX East and SXSW, and the response was fantastic! Nintendo, Sony, Google and Apple are all very excited and supportive, and we aim to present to Xbox shortly.

That said, while the scope and momentum of the project have both grown significantly, we also have a $100,000+ budget shortfall that is currently being covered through large personal investment and creative team deferrals.

Our Kickstarter goal is to include more great music (12 Artists and 24 tracks) and raise as much of our budget shortfall as possible, in order to help reduce our creative team deferrals.

Our stretch goals include adding more platforms (including the Nintendo Wii U) and making the game available in more regions and languages.
AjO3FXg.jpg

CREATIVE TEAM:

Alex Jansen, Creative Producer (Pipe Trouble, KENK)
Henry Faber, Project Manager (Bento Miso)
Andrew Carvalho, Lead Developer (Sound Shapes, Henchmen!, Knight & Damsel)
Mat den Boer, Art Director (Pipe Trouble, Disney, Nickelodeon, Teletoon)
Yuliya Boublikova, Animator (Knight & Damsel)
Tanya Van Luven, Community Manager (formerly Warner Music)

ABOUT POP SANDBOX:

Pop Sandbox is an award-winning small studio based in Toronto Canada.

Pop Sandbox brings together top practitioners from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines into a creative environment that aims to foster innovation. Over the past 5 years, we have worked with a diverse group of filmmakers, artists, journalists, social workers, technologists, playwrights, animators, composers, game designers, activists and musicians on groundbreaking graphic novel, film, videogame and interactive experiences.

Select projects include:
  • Pipe Trouble, a high-profile mobile game that uses over-the-top satire to prompt mainstream discussion surrounding ongoing issues related to the exploitation of natural gas. Featured at the Cannes Film Festival, Games for Change, Hot Docs, Indiecade East, and SXSW.
  • KENK: A Graphic Portrait, a best-selling 300-page journalistic comic book surrounding “the world’s most prolific bicycle thief” (The New York Times) that is currently being developed into a fully animated film. #1 Graphic novel on Amazon.ca, Book of the Year – Quill & Quire.
  • The Next Day, a groundbreaking interactive animated documentary and companion graphic novel based on real interviews with 4 survivors of near fatal suicide attempts. Selected for The New York Times Reading List and International Documentary Festival Amsterdam.

Aru

Do you like SRPGs? I'd suggest Growlanser (IV) Wayfarer of Time. Great story, straight to the point, very rewarding and involved combat.

Unless he loves skill/spell grinding and frustration, avoiding Growlanser WoT is a good idea. This game is good but overrated here on GAF. 7/10 at best.

Going to post this here since it might get some more attention. A former Sound Shapes dev is collaborating with a bunch of music acts to create a Vita/PS4 bound rhythm x tower defense hybrid. They're currently running a crowdfunding campaign that's almost over, though they're still a bit away from their goal. Vita and PS4 are in the base package.

Wow, I really hope it makes it with the time left. Always kinda sucks seeing good kickstarters struggle.

redcrayon

Unless he loves skill/spell grinding and frustration, avoiding Growlanser WoT is a good idea. This game is good but overrated here on GAF. 7/10 at best.
I played it through in January for the first time on the Vita and spent zero time grinding anything, I just equipped the best skills I had and killed everything in my path and naturally levelled them up. Solid RPG with good battle engine and a pleasant focus on fantasy politics for me, although if you are the kind of player that needs to min/max everything then I can see how you can spend hours levelling all the skills. It's not essential though, to each their own and all that.

cj_iwakura

I wouldn't call it overrated, hardly anyone here played it. The OT was a wasteland.

I've started to wonder ever since the Vita was relegated to "legacy" status, how long do you guys think Sony will support the Vita via PSN?

I know the PSP lasted about 10 years before they removed support, I wonder if the Vita will be shorter? Sony has always been a 10 year company when it comes to their systems, I hope they continue that trend with the Vita...

I've been pure digital so i'll probably buy a second 64 gig card years down the line to have a backup of my games, but it still sucks to think that things might end earlier than the PSP.

I've started to wonder ever since the Vita was relegated to "legacy" status, how long do you guys think Sony will support the Vita via PSN?

I know the PSP lasted about 10 years before they removed support, I wonder if the Vita will be shorter? Sony has always been a 10 year company when it comes to their systems, I hope they continue that trend with the Vita...

I've been pure digital so i'll probably buy a second 64 gig card years down the line to have a backup of my games, but it still sucks to think that things might end earlier than the PSP.

I have to imagine they're still making a good profit off of Vita PSN, thanks to us crazies with our insane attach rate. They just can't be bothered to make their own mid-to-high budget software for it anymore.

autoduelist

The word 'legacy' was used in a meeting to investors, and is really nothing to get concerned about. We have no idea what context it was used in, nor the ramifications. According to followups, he was talking about Vita 1000s in comparison to 2000s, but even if that's not true, there's no way to know what he did mean by 'legacy'.

To that end, it's really, really early to worry about the PSN store. We don't worry about the PS3 store being removed, do we? The PSP store came down, but you can still easily buy stuff via the webstore and the PSP still has a download list -- so basically, it's not a big deal. Heck, new PSP games are still released.

Vita games still sell pretty damn well on the store. I wouldn't worry about anything changing for years. 5, minimum. Probably longer. Sure, at some point they might decide that it's better/easier to support just the webstore... but even then, like the PSP, you'll be able to buy on the webstore and either push it to your vita or use your vita's download list to access your purchases. Many people already do that now (it's often easier).

The real point, however, is that assuming one word uttered by House in a meeting means the death of a system is really, really stretching.

TLDR -- not worth worrying about, at all.

Shizuka

Honestly? No. Operation Abyss is not a fanservice game. There is less fanservice than games like Ys Memories of Celceta and Persona 4 Golden. I can't think of a Vita JRPG that has less fanservice than Operation Abyss.

I have to imagine they're still making a good profit off of Vita PSN, thanks to us crazies with our insane attach rate. They just can't be bothered to make their own mid-to-high budget software for it anymore.

The word 'legacy' was used in a meeting to investors, and is really nothing to get concerned about. We have no idea what context it was used in, nor the ramifications. According to followups, he was talking about Vita 1000s in comparison to 2000s, but even if that's not true, there's no way to know what he did mean by 'legacy'.

To that end, it's really, really early to worry about the PSN store. We don't worry about the PS3 store being removed, do we? The PSP store came down, but you can still easily buy stuff via the webstore and the PSP still has a download list -- so basically, it's not a big deal. Heck, new PSP games are still released.

Vita games still sell pretty damn well on the store. I wouldn't worry about anything changing for years. 5, minimum. Probably longer. Sure, at some point they might decide that it's better/easier to support just the webstore... but even then, like the PSP, you'll be able to buy on the webstore and either push it to your vita or use your vita's download list to access your purchases. Many people already do that now (it's often easier).

The real point, however, is that assuming one word uttered by House in a meeting means the death of a system is really, really stretching.

TLDR -- not worth worrying about, at all.

Makes sense, sorry to bring things off topic a bit here, its just been on my mind a lot lately. I really do enjoy using the thing, I still look forward to games coming out for it, and I want it to stick around for a long time!

I didn't realize things were still that accessible for the PSP either.

Shizuka

Why don't you guys work it out and get back to me.

I'm reviewing the game and there is exactly one CG so far that could be considered fanservice, and it's not even in the likes of a moe anime girl like most games, it's one variant (the "monsters" from the game). Other than that... Not as far as I'm aware and I'm close to the middle of the game. It doesn't have a fanservice set like most games, it's pretty dark and straightforward most of the time.

Roto13

I'm reviewing the game and there is exactly one CG so far that could be considered fanservice, and it's not even in the likes of a moe anime girl like most games, it's one variant (the "monsters" from the game). Other than that... Not as far as I'm aware and I'm close to the middle of the game. It doesn't have a fanservice set like most games, it's pretty dark and straightforward most of the time.

Well, maybe I'll play it, then. My site also got a review code but I don't know if I want to commit to reviewing it.

cj_iwakura

Well, maybe I'll play it, then. My site also got a review code but I don't know if I want to commit to reviewing it.

Yeah, don't get Abyss twisted with Demon Gaze. It's a pretty straight-forward modern day dungeon crawler. DG, however, is pandering city.

CrovaxPSO

Operation Abyss has one short scene with one static image of two of the female characters in bikinis near the end of the game. Here it is if it concerns anyone so much that they need to see it before they decide to buy the game: http://i.imgur.com/PCvg5pA.jpg

Personally I don't consider the female monster Shizuka is referring to as fan service, but yeah, that's there too a couple times.

Roto13

Operation Abyss has one short scene with one static image of two of the female characters in bikinis near the end of the game. Here it is if it concerns anyone so much that they need to see it before they decide to buy the game: http://i.imgur.com/PCvg5pA.jpg

Personally I don't consider the female monster Shizuka is referring to as fan service, but yeah, that's there too a couple times.

That's pretty dumb.

But if it's just that one scene, I could put up with it.

Aru

I played it through in January for the first time on the Vita and spent zero time grinding anything, I just equipped the best skills I had and killed everything in my path and naturally levelled them up. Solid RPG with good battle engine and a pleasant focus on fantasy politics for me, although if you are the kind of player that needs to min/max everything then I can see how you can spend hours levelling all the skills. It's not essential though, to each their own and all that.

I tried as hard as I could, the skills I had weren't enough for the most difficult battles. Quick Use, Quick Cast and Dash at level 5 are absolute must have skills, and I had to grind to get them when I needed them the most. Those time limited battles are really a pain in the butt. And there are a lot of them.

I wouldn't call it overrated, hardly anyone here played it. The OT was a wasteland.

Yeah, I opened a LTT"P" thread last week and no one replied.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

I'm going to guess they got troll by a fake backer because Stretch Goal says they are funded but actual backing amount says they are not.

Moobabe

This looks really good - just over 8k shy with 3 days to go though, I hope they make it.

redcrayon

I tried as hard as I could, the skills I had weren't enough for the most difficult battles. Quick Use, Quick Cast and Dash at level 5 are absolute must have skills, and I had to grind to get them when I needed them the most. Those time limited battles are really a pain in the butt. And there are a lot of them.

Yeah, I opened a LTT"P" thread last week and no one replied.

Ah, fair enough. Agree that dash is essential on melee units, did you work out that you could stack the skill buffs before entering a battle, including Cycle Up for speed, and then add the spell buffs on top? Any of the buff skills seemed crazy good to me, particularly the magic resist one.

I think I made good use of the skill that gives you health back upon a kill (vampire?) too. The skill that reduces the chances of you being stunned was good too, and I liked using the appropriate bracelet and gems to increase how quickly you learn skills. A triple-green bracelet with three of the same green skill gem made for very quick skill learning, for example. I thought it had an interesting, if flawed, way of developing your party.

The time-limited battles, I remember at least one where you had to reach an exit in time or something like that, took me a few goes but it's just encouraging you to vary your play style, be aggressive and focus on the objective, rather than using a typical 'hold off and everyone focus on the closest enemy as they approach' strategy that works most of the time. There's so many battles that I found them a good change of pace, often I switched out my mage and archer for more melee units and just steamrollered the mission, throwing healing potions at each other.

Actually, the ones I found hardest were the ones where you are outnumbered 5-1 by the enemy, and they have multiple archers, mages etc all out of reach- if you are unlucky and your melee units get stunned while charging in, you're stuffed. Some of the battles where you have an optional objective of protecting an NPC also seem tough unless you have two of your characters spamming healing on them, leaving only two units to fight the battle! Still, having a variety of objectives in the story missions made it interesting, especially when it wasn't always obvious who you could save and who you couldn't. I like that stuff in rpgs, living with your mistakes and all that.

None of that is meant as a disservice to your take on it though- it is a bit of an oddity and has flaws, but I did find it a refreshing change of pace compared to most of the JRPGs I've played and that's why I recommend it. I can see how it's annoying that some skills are vastly better picks than others though, I pretty much bought one of every new gem I found for sale, and tested them rigourously.

Shizuka

I just mentioned her because back when the game was announced, people were using her image to make a case that it'd be another fanservice game.

Fady K

COMING OUT TONIGHT/TOMORROW

Tetris Ultimate (Retail)
QSDxwANl.jpg

Super Exploding Zoo
51vt7nN.jpg

Sparkle Unleashed
8HUY9lUl.jpg

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Koei Tecmo games announced a new dating sim for the Vita - Angelique , to hit Japanese Vitas this October.
lGKfvDf.png

* Velocibox was announced for the Vita. Trailer here. It is a reaaaally fast arcade "dodger". The game will be published by Loot Interactive, from developer Shawn Beck.
rNDp1u4l.jpg

ss_a5dbfb27f2cd4fda9f2e3a1630db4e63e7e063f6.600x338.jpg

* Whispering Willows is another game that Loot Interactive is bringing over to the Vita. Trailer here. It is a hand-drawn 2D horror adventure developed by Nightlight Interactive.
whispering_willows-3.png

WhisperingWillows_20150517213340.jpg

Whispering_Willows1.png

* Back to Bed also from Loot Interactive and, appropriately, from Bedtime Digital Games, is hitting the Vita this summer. The game is a surreal isometric puzzler. Trailer here.
hWvX5ws.png

BackToBed3_thumb.jpg

* Alia's Carnival is a visual novel hitting Japanese Vitas later this year from Hunex.
Alias-Carnival-PSV-Ann.jpg

* Samurai Warriors 4: Empires was announced for the Vita by publisher Koei Tecmo.
Y3hueuN.jpg

*Bandai Namco announced an F2P Gundam game for the Vita by the name of Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Fortress . The game will be a real time strategy game.
Gundam-BF-Ann-Init.jpg

RELEASE DATES

* One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 comes out officially on August 25 (NA) and 28 (Rest of the world) in English. New trailer.
OPPW3-Dated_05-28-15.jpg

* IA/VT Colorful has been delayed in Japan to July 30 (Rhythm game from Marvelous). On the bright side, new trailer.
IA-VT-Colorful-July-30_05-28-15.jpg

* Girl Friend Beta , the adventure game from Bandai Namco will be released in Japan on November 19.
GFB-PSV-Delay-November.jpg

LOCALIZATION UPDATES

* Norn9: Var Commons is being localized by Aksys Games (developed by IdeaFactory) - an otome visual novel game, coming out physically (in NA) and digitally this fall.
17920679186_eda1890151_b.jpg

17324519404_4a5e292dac_b.jpg

7KfhDRM.jpg

Norn9_ss_03.jpg

* Sword Art Online: Lost Song is heading westward courtesy of Bandai Namco. Will hit the Vita physically as well, this fall.
11000641_382881661912640_6229550586877894728_o_thumb.jpg

SAO-PS4-Ann-Init_05-27-15.jpg

h3fVNkO.jpg

*I am so happy that this is finally happening as it is one of my favorite series; 5pb's Corpse Party: Blood Drive (horror adventure) is coming out to the Vita in English from Xseed as you may have heard. Physical debut for the series too (with a soundtrack and artbook to boot!) Trailer here.
cpbdrive_thumb.jpg

Corpse-Party-PSV-Fall-Localize.jpg

Corpse-Party-Blood-Drive_2015_05-29-15_004.jpg_600.jpg

Corpse-Party-Blood-Drive_2015_05-29-15_008.jpg_600.jpg

Corpse-Party-Blood-Drive_2015_05-29-15_012.jpg_600.jpg

*The amazing team at Xseed Games are also localizing Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space - coming this fall, physically as well. Trailer here.
edf2_thumb.jpg

Earth-Defense-Force-2-Invaders-From-Planet-Space_2015_05-29-15_004.jpg_600.jpg

Earth-Defense-Force-2-Invaders-From-Planet-Space_2015_05-29-15_003.jpg_600.jpg

Earth-Defense-Force-2-Invaders-From-Planet-Space_2015_05-29-15_001.jpg_600.jpg

NEW MEDIA

*New teaser for Project Light (Japanese style RPG from French studio neko.works)
346.jpg

*New teaser for Net High . First screens have been revealed too! Long story short, it's an adventure game where you expose "fake" people. Game is published by Marvelous, developed by Groove Box Japan (helped make Little King's Story for the Wii).
l_555acd45bc3dc_thumb.jpg

l_555acd4653417_thumb.jpg

Net-High_Fami-shot_05-20-15_004.jpg

Net-High_2015_05-25-15_002.jpg

Net-High_05-25-15.jpg

*New trailer for Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal (Dungeon RPG, published by Atlus, developed by Aquaplus).
fVJZtQD.jpg

DT2-Trailer_05-21-15.jpg

*New trailer for Date A Live: Twin Edition (Visual novel from Compile Heart).
Date-A-Live-TE_05-20-15.jpg

*New screens for Tokyo Xanadu (Awesome looking JRPG, Falcom)
00810_thumb.jpg

tokyoxanadu_1505253_thumb.jpg

010_thumb17.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu_2015_05-28-15_Box-Art.jpg

*New teaser for Extreme Dimension Tag Blanc + Neptune VS Zombie Army . (Action game from Compile Heart and Tamsoft).

*Some new art for Destroyer Trillion (Strategy RPG, from director of Disgaea 4 + Compile Heart)
dest01.jpg

dest07.jpg

dest05.jpg

dest04.jpg

dest03.jpg

dest02.jpg

dest06.jpg

*The first peek at English screens and the English Trailer for Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 .
Samurai-Warriors-Chronicles-3_2015_05-27-15_012.jpg_600.jpg

Samurai-Warriors-Chronicles-3_2015_05-27-15_005.jpg_600.jpg

Samurai-Warriors-Chronicles-3_2015_05-27-15_004.jpg_600.jpg

*New trailer for Assault Android Cactus (top down shooter eveloped by Witch Beam).
screenshot_03.png

*New trailer for the upcoming characters in Senran Kagura: Estival Versus .
SKEV_05-28-15_003.jpg

*Here's the Japanese boxart for Mystery Chronicle . (Roguelike RPG from Spike Chunsoft)
Mystery-Chronicle-JP-Box-Art_05-30-15_002-275x350.jpg

*Here is a debut trailer and new screens for Gust's epic looking RPG Land of No Night :
Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni_05-31-15_Top.jpg

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni_05-31-15_001.jpg

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni_05-31-15_003.jpg

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni_05-31-15_007.jpg

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni_05-31-15_008.jpg

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni-Trailer_06-01-15.jpg

*Here is the new teaser trailer for Bandai Namco's anime-based adventure Tokyo Ghoul Jail .
Tokyo-Ghoul-PSV-Teaser_05-31-15.jpg

*Here are new screens from Idea Factory's upcoming visual novel Amnesia: Memories .
Amnesia-Memories_2015_06-01-15_001.jpg_600.jpg

Amnesia-Memories_2015_06-01-15_005.jpg_600.jpg

Amnesia-Memories_2015_06-01-15_006.jpg_600.jpg

NEW INFO

*Free Vita games for PS Plus on June 2015: The brand new Super Exploding Zoo (animal defense a la tower defense) and Futuridium EP Deluxe (retro racer).
51vt7nN.jpg

tITNi7S.jpg

*2D horror adventure game Tokyo Dark is the subject of a successful kickstarter on PC and now the developer Cherrymochi may create a Vita version. I'll keep you guys updated. Game looks lovely.
6b8d2525db956cde5facb1134b8981cc.jpg

f15da6c90353199bf036a6b139efa318.jpg

* Zen Pinball 2 owners, make sure to check out the newly released Portal-based DLC. Trailer.
unnamed.jpg

*Here's a recap of new features in The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC Evolution (JRPG, From Char-Ani, Kadokawa Games & Falcom)
00213.jpg

0187.jpg

0355.jpg

*Matt Makes Games confirmed that Towerfall is still making its way to the Vita. The multiplayer brawler is a big hit on the PS4.
17380975916_bdb9cf87b0_b_thumb.jpg

*Fans of Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines : there's a new in-game competition. Check it out.
17982530899_24d74d5039_z.jpg

*Potential new game coming to Vita - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - the new epic looking game from former-Castlevania dev Koji Igarashi, may hit the Vita if it reaches its Kickstarter goal of 3.5 million US dollars. It is currently at 3.16 million with 10 days to go, here's to reaching the goal soon and the game hitting the Vita being a reality.
bloodstained_ritual_of_the_night_concept_1.jpg

* Persona 4: Dancing All Night will be coming out in English this fall with a really cool limited edition. New trailer.
DiscoFeverEdition_thumb.jpg

preorder_thumb.jpg

Jazz573

*Koei Tecmo games announced a new dating sim for the Vita - Angelique , to hit Japanese Vitas this October.
lGKfvDf.png

Just wanted to point out that it's a complete remake of the original Super Famicom (SNES) game.

See VNDB page for more details.

* Alia's Carnival is a visual novel hitting Japanese Vitas later this year from Hunex.
Alias-Carnival-PSV-Ann.jpg

I wanted to point out that this is a port of an 18+ Windows VN by NanaWind.

See VNDB page for more details. NSFW

Should also point out it's being published by dramatic create, a subsidiary of HuneX.

SephLuis

Is Operation Abyss supposed to be any good?

I'm really looking forward to it. If fan service turns you off, you probably wont like it. If you liked Demon Gaze there is a good chance you'll like this game.

Shizuka already answered it, but Operation Abyss is more dark/gore side story than fanservice. Where I am, I haven't seen a single fanservice scene.

Also, this game is tough. Not you beginner-friendly DRPG that's for sure.

COMING OUT TONIGHT/TOMORROW

* IA/VT Colorful has been delayed in Japan to July 30 (Rhythm game from Marvelous). On the bright side, new trailer.

FFS, why did I had to know this game existence way back when they announced it ?

Its one of my most wanted this year and it keeps being delayed D=

Hopefully the game will be great (and they could add more difficulty option).

butman

Every time i see this thread bump and see animeish games only.

GIF-Amused-Chuckle-Chuffed-Pleased-Point-Point-and-laugh-GIF.gif

Sold my Vita after beating Persona 4. Not regret.

Top Bottom