• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

fuzaco

Every time i see this thread bump and see animeish games only.

GIF-Amused-Chuckle-Chuffed-Pleased-Point-Point-and-laugh-GIF.gif

Sold my Vita after beating Persona 4. Not regret.

I don't get the logic. Persona 4 is an animeish game as well.

Saphirax

I don't get the logic. Persona 4 is an animeish game as well.

Same 'logic' keeps bringing him back to this thread even though he has no interest in the Vita or its games. Should tell you enough.

Anyway, I love this thread, keep up the good work Fady! :D

213372bu

Banned
Yooo, haven't seen this list in a while.

Looks like my Vita is going to get tons of use this year.

Looking forward to porting some games too.

redcrayon

So, er,
/plays game that has an actual anime series based on it
/points and laughs at games that are only anime-ish.

Still, thanks for the new discussion topic!

What non-anime-ish games are you looking forward to?

On my list are:

Hyper light drifter
Dragon fin soup
C-wars
Mech Runner
Liege
Red goddess
Risk of rain
Broforce
MiliTant
Shantae
Starbound
Axiom verge
Banner Saga
Darkest Dungeon
Severed
Salt and Sanctuary
Moon Hunters
Papers Please
Galak-Z
Outpost 13
Children of Morta
This is the police
Strength of the sword
Drifter
Steamworld heist
Slain!
Space Hulk: Ascension
RE Revelations 2

Skyzard

Banned
^ Lovely style

So, er,
/plays game that has an actual anime series based on it
/points and laughs at games that are only anime-ish.

Still, thanks for the new discussion topic!

What non-anime-ish games are you looking forward to?

On my list are:

Hyper light drifter
Dragon fin soup
C-wars
Mech Runner
Liege
Red goddess
Risk of rain
Broforce
MiliTant
Shantae
Starbound
Axiom verge
Banner Saga
Darkest Dungeon
Severed
Salt and Sanctuary
Moon Hunters
Papers Please
Galak-Z
Outpost 13
Children of Morta
This is the police
Strength of the sword
Drifter
Steamworld heist
Slain!
Space Hulk: Ascension
RE Revelations 2

Driftstage
Axiom verge
Mighty no. 9
Super Time Force Ultra
Geometry Wars 3
Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Hyper light drifter
Risk of rain
Broforce

Haven't heard of a few of those will check them out thanks.

redcrayon

^ Lovely style

Driftstage
Axiom verge
Mighty no. 9
Super Time Force Ultra
Geometry Wars 3
Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Hyper light drifter
Risk of rain
Broforce

Haven't heard of a few of those will check them out thanks.
Adding Shiren and Super Time Force to my list, cheers!

autoduelist

Breach & Clear is currently 50% off in the NA PSNStore for PS+ users. It's only $7.49. Anyone check it out?

I played it on PC and have reviewed it in the PSN thread before.

Short version - despite showing its mobile roots and not being as complex as some similar games, it gets enough right (namely, fun) that it's definitely worthwhile and I plan on buying it.

It's similar in genre to Frozen Synapse and Door Kickers. Sadly, the interface options aren't nearly as complex, which is somewhat limiting (most importantly, while you can have multiple waypoints you can't have them 'wait' on a waypoint to easily sync breaches, etc. You can still pull it off, it's just not as simple as it should be.

However, it gets the atmosphere right and perhaps due to the more 'realistic' look of it compared to its more fully featured brethren, still has a lot going for it. It's fun to take on larger and larger forces, level your characters, and essentially take down fortified enemy positions.

So... recommended w/ above caveats. I'm hoping the Vita version takes the 'best of' the original mobile version and the pc version and comes up with the definitive way to play. only one way to find out though.

18-Volt

*Here is a debut trailer and new screens for Gust's epic looking RPG Land of No Night :

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni-Trailer_06-01-15.jpg

This is exactly what I expected when I first heard that Tecmo Koei was acquiring Gust. Temco's fast slashing action combined with Gust's interesting artstyle. I hope KoTec's localization announcement won't take long

After XSEED announced (some of) their fall Vita games, what do you expect other localizers to have for fall? I expect NISA to bring Great Edo Blacksmith and Stranger of the Sword City but I really want Kancolle Kai from them. From IFI, Destroyer Trillion and Death Under the Labyrinth are good choices.

Shizuka

After XSEED announced (some of) their fall Vita games, what do you expect other localizers to have for fall? I expect NISA to bring Great Edo Blacksmith and Stranger of the Sword City but I really want Kancolle Kai from them. From IFI, Destroyer Trillion and Death Under the Labyrinth are good choices.

Chances are, they'd get announced at E3 or AX, at the latest. Honestly, I expect one more title from NISA (a NIS title or another DRPG), two from XSEED (Estival Versus and Sen no Kiseki), another one from IFI (Destroyer Trillion) and that's it for 2015.

jzbluz

The gameplay in Kancolle Kai looks boring so I'll probably never buy it, but I'm interested in seeing how it performs since preorders have been apparently really good and the franchise has become such a big deal.

Still holding a tiny amount of hope for Digimon Cybersleuth...

Hope never dies! I've never played a Digimon game even though I was a fan of the anime series, but this game looks really good so I hope we get it (along with the Digimon Adventure tri movies).

Ryan95

I'm still expcting something else form Bamco, like God Eater 2 and Tales Of Innocence R (though this one is far less likely)

Etria

Hope never dies! I've never played a Digimon game even though I was a fan of the anime series, but this game looks really good so I hope we get it (along with the Digimon Adventure tri movies).

Same here! Would be awesome to try a Digimon game after all these years.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Glad to see this thread updated, good work fady k :)

That guy was banned lol.

Still holding a tiny amount of hope for Digimon Cybersleuth...
Why tiny? It will be localized FOR SURE! We just need to see if it will remain vita exclusive or there will be a ps4 version too.

Chances are, they'd get announced at E3 or AX, at the latest. Honestly, I expect one more title from NISA (a NIS title or another DRPG), two from XSEED (Estival Versus and Sen no Kiseki), another one from IFI (Destroyer Trillion) and that's it for 2015.

I'd expect AX - any localization house isn't going to announce games at E3 because they'll just get drowned out by the bigger publishers.

I don't see Great Edo Blacksmith coming to be honest. Stranger of Sword City will, but possibly early next year rather than fall. I'm expecting them to pick up KanColle Kai personally (plus the anime in the west), but not announced until next year because I suspect the game will probably be delayed again in Japan.

NISA will have announcements at AX, probably for later this year, but I'm expecting Witch & Hundred Knight PS4 to be one and I'm unsure about the other.

IFI might announce Destroyer Trillion at AX, I don't think Death Under the Labyrinth will be announced this year.

Aksys will probably pull something out of the hat for AX later this year, though what it will be is anyone's guess.

Lmfao, "talk shit get shot" in full effect.

I am also hoping for God Eater 2 to come, now one thing that is worth mentioning is The 5 years of God Eater event. This is happening a couple of days before the anime airs, and apparently there is a "big announcement" to be made:

Bandai Namco's "God Eater" producer recently revealed that a "secret plan" is being developed for the series' fifth anniversary. Because "God Eater 2: Rage Burst" was such a divisive title in Japan, the development member also spoke to the quality of future "God Eater" games. While these upcoming events aren't North American focused, U.S. fans are still hopeful for a full English localization of the title.

The news comes to Design & Trend via the Japanese anime blog, Hachima Kikou. Translation reveals that big news is on the way for Namco's action RPG franchise.

With regards to "God Eater's" so-called "secret plan," Yusuke Tomizawa said his company plans to announce the second half of fifth anniversary promotions during Japan's "God Eater" festival on June 28. Nothing has been confirmed as to what those announcements might include, but English web tools prop the suggestion of "a presentation with impact."

Despite the fact that the "God Eater" festival is held exclusively in Japan, U.S. followers are begging for June 28 to reveal something interesting in that region too. At the time of writing, "God Eater 2: Rage Burst" has not been localized or released on PS Vita or PS4 in the West. Considering the game launched this February in Japan, anime and RPG fans around the globe are hoping to someday play the game in their native language. To make matters more troubling, the original build of "God Eater 2" was released in Japan in 2013. The title was never published outside that country.

All things considered, however, Bandai Namco has historically tailored its "God Eater" news to Japan and will likely continue to do so.

Also worthy of discussion was the somewhat spotty reception of "God Eater 2: Rage Burst" in Japan. While the PS Vita build performed adequately, some players were disappointed that the PS4 port didn't take advantage of Sony's more powerful hardware. In response to these concerns, Tomizawa mentioned that "for future works we want to pull from the good points of both platforms."

In that sense, there's some outside possibility that the "God Eater" "secret plan" might have something to do with a natively enjoyable PS4 game.

http://www.designntrend.com/article...irmed-god-eater-2-rage-burst-localized-us.htm

So there, if there are no announcements at E3, or at this event, Bamco is pretty much not gonna publish the game here in my opinion. That, or they are missing out on a huge opportunity for a marketing push. Either way all we can do is wait.

Doombear

I am also hoping for God Eater 2 to come, now one thing that is worth mentioning is The 5 years of God Eater event. This is happening a couple of days before the anime airs, and apparently there is a "big announcement" to be made.

Man, I hope we get good news out of that, Names. My fingers are going to cramp up from crossing them for the next 3 and a half weeks...

Man, I hope we get good news out of that, Names. My fingers are going to cramp up from crossing them for the next 3 and a half weeks...

Tell me about it. It's time. All these teases everywhere, English subbed trailers, the PS4 version of the game, the character appearances in Project x Zone which is coming to our shores, etc. I'm collecting all these pieces from the puzzle and the picture is almost clear. The anime airing over here, plus the event a couple days earlier are the last pieces. I got my avatar all ready for good luck!

Saphirax

Tell me about it. It's time. All these teases everywhere, English subbed trailers, the PS4 version of the game, the character appearances in Project x Zone which is coming to our shores, etc. I'm collecting all these pieces from the puzzle and the picture is almost clear. The anime airing over here, plus the event a couple days earlier are the last pieces. I got my avatar all ready for good luck!

GE has already been trademarked in EU, I don't see why it wouldn't come out here. Now, Cyber Sleuth on the other hand...(even with the crappy rumors of it coming over, I'm still doubtful :().

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics

I am also hoping for God Eater 2 to come, now one thing that is worth mentioning is The 5 years of God Eater event. This is happening a couple of days before the anime airs, and apparently there is a "big announcement" to be made:

http://www.designntrend.com/article...irmed-god-eater-2-rage-burst-localized-us.htm

So there, if there are no announcements at E3, or at this event, Bamco is pretty much not gonna publish the game here in my opinion. That, or they are missing out on a huge opportunity for a marketing push. Either way all we can do is wait.

How are the God Eater games compared to MH, Toukiden or Soul Sac? Never tried one myself...

GE has already been trademarked in EU, I don't see why it wouldn't come out here. Now, Cyber Sleuth on the other hand...(even with the crappy rumors of it coming over, I'm still doubtful :().
I keep forgetting that trademark. More fuel for my fire.

As for Cyber Sleuth I am not sure. They released that other Digimon game instead to gauge interest. Their intentions were there, but that game didn't even look that great

How are the God Eater games compared to MH, Toukiden or Soul Sac? Never tried one myself...
Well this series has narrative to it for one. The action is fast paced, and the combinations for weapon bullets are limitless. Your weapon transforms between melee and gun form, and you can craft bullets. You can create black holes, electric rays, anything you can think of really. Also your weapon feeds itself on monsters, and it grants you bonuses. Also worth noting is the AI that at the time was considered great and still is. The companions that accompany you into battle are very competent and help you a lot.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Well this series has narrative to it for one. The action is fast paced, and the combinations for weapon bullets are limitless. Your weapon transforms between melee and gun form, and you can craft bullets. You can create black holes, electric rays, anything you can think of really. Also your weapon feeds itself on monsters, and it grants you bonuses. Also worth noting is the AI that at the time was considered great and still is. The companions that accompany you into battle are very competent and help you a lot.

Hmm, might be worth checking out. Thanks.

18-Volt

I don't think that we need to wait for Digimon or God Eater 2 RB (or Phantasy Star Nova) localization announcements for that long. There's gonna be buildingthelist segment at Sony Conference at E3, pretty sure all they'll talk about will be Vita. Besides localizations, we might get Civilization Revolution 2 and XCOM announcements. Or even Type-0.

Prelude.

I don't think that we need to wait for Digimon or God Eater 2 RB (or Phantasy Star Nova) localization announcements for that long. There's gonna be buildingthelist segment at Sony Conference at E3, pretty sure all they'll talk about will be Vita. Besides localizations, we might get Civilization Revolution 2 and XCOM announcements. Or even Type-0.
Vita games aren't allowed on stage, don't expect anything from the actual conference.

And I think both GE2 and Digimon will probably be announced at some kind of anime convention.

redcrayon

Wow, really? Do you have a source for that?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wow, really? Do you have a source for that?
When was the last time that Vita got ANYTHING from the e3? Ah yes now i remember! Never.

Lebneney

Banned

Bought another Vita (Playstation TV) after seeing that there are more animeish games and those beautiful, beautiful indies. Thank you indies for stepping out of the comfort zone of mediocrity and creating games that we never knew we wanted.

Oh and...
butman
Banned
(Today, 12:58 AM)

tumblr_lwvstzTGCS1qlsz95o1_500.gif

Top Bottom