• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

18-Volt

When was the last time that Vita got ANYTHING from the e3? Ah yes now i remember! Never.

Well, it did have some stuff at PlayStation Experience back in last december, didn't it. And last year it got... Tales from Borderlands. Which we still haven't got.

Wow, really? Do you have a source for that?

Didn't they say "wait for next buildingthelist segment in 2015" at PS Experience? I assumed they were referring to E3, not PSX 2015.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well, it did have some stuff at PlayStation Experience back in last december, didn't it. And last year it got... Tales from Borderlands. Which we still haven't got.

Didn't they say "wait for next buildingthelist segment in 2015" at PS Experience? I assumed they were referring to E3, not PSX 2015.

PSX is not the e3 though and while vita got some presence at the psx imo it was not even that good, all that vita got was resident evil revelation 2, another late port, and indies that would have arrived on vita anyway.

I would really like to see new vita game announcements at the e3, but e3 is by SCEA, if something good happens then we would be really happy, but don't hold your breath...

Don't rely on events, rely on japanese devs for new games announcements and on those awesome localization companies for localizations ;)

Danneee

I've decided to buy a Vita Slim when I'm in Tokyo in October. Is there any downsides buying a Jap Vita? Other then the obvious such as warranty.

I've decided to buy a Vita Slim when I'm in Tokyo in October. Is there any downsides buying a Jap Vita? Other then the obvious such as warranty.

Not that I've encountered so far. I imported one of the limited edition Yakuza Vita's and have had no problems with it bar a slightly temperamental USB power socket (though that may just be the cable).
Games are all region free plus you can just load a USA/Euro profile onto the Vita and your good to go.

Danneee

Not that I've encountered so far. I imported one of the limited edition Yakuza Vita's and have had no problems with it bar a slightly temperamental USB power socket (though that may just be the cable).
Games are all region free plus you can just load a USA/Euro profile onto the Vita and your good to go.
Awesome, thanks!

Fady K

Just wanted to point out that it's a complete remake of the original Super Famicom (SNES) game.

See VNDB page for more details.

I wanted to point out that this is a port of an 18+ Windows VN by NanaWind.

See VNDB page for more details. NSFW

Should also point out it's being published by dramatic create, a subsidiary of HuneX.

Thanks for the details Jazz573 :) Wow, apparently the SNES game was from way back in 1994 - I wonder what gave them the idea to bring it back now. Plenty of these ports of 18+ PC games, though I expect them to be censored dramatically.

FFS, why did I had to know this game existence way back when they announced it ?

Its one of my most wanted this year and it keeps being delayed D=

Hopefully the game will be great (and they could add more difficulty option).

Yeah this one has been delayed a large number of times!! Almost there :D

Same 'logic' keeps bringing him back to this thread even though he has no interest in the Vita or its games. Should tell you enough.

Anyway, I love this thread, keep up the good work Fady! :D

Thank you very much Saphirax :D I'm just happy to be updating the thread again more frequently for you guys. Next update hits today :)

Awesome work as always.

Thank you very much coredecepts :)!

Yooo, haven't seen this list in a while.

Looks like my Vita is going to get tons of use this year.

Looking forward to porting some games too.

Hey there :) The list has been updated dramatically in the past couple of months, so many additions!

oPg5ClX.gif

My goodness, this "cat" is one of the cutest characters I have seen in some time. I see it on pajamas, kitchen sets, etc - what's the story behind it haha?

This is exactly what I expected when I first heard that Tecmo Koei was acquiring Gust. Temco's fast slashing action combined with Gust's interesting artstyle. I hope KoTec's localization announcement won't take long

After XSEED announced (some of) their fall Vita games, what do you expect other localizers to have for fall? I expect NISA to bring Great Edo Blacksmith and Stranger of the Sword City but I really want Kancolle Kai from them. From IFI, Destroyer Trillion and Death Under the Labyrinth are good choices.

Thankfully KoTec are AWESOME at localizing. A game like this would possibly get a physical release too, due to it being a brand new (and awesome looking) game :D

As E3 is over a week away, I look forward to the new announcements, hopefully we'll get a handful for the Vita :)

Every time i see this thread bump and see animeish games only.

BoiAUbf.gif

LOL DAT GIF. Cracked me up hahahahahah

butman
Banned
(Today, 12:58 AM)

GIF-Amused-Chuckle-Chuffed-Pleased-Point-Point-and-laugh-GIF.gif

Oh goodness what an epic response lol!!!!!! This thread is full of love, nice to see it offer a few laughs as well :D <3 <3 <3

Glad to see this thread updated, good work fady k :)

That guy was banned lol.

Why tiny? It will be localized FOR SURE! We just need to see if it will remain vita exclusive or there will be a ps4 version too.

Thanks 2+2=5 :D Long time no see! Good to have you here again :)

I definitely expect Land of No Night to be localized - even for the Vita. Heck, worst case scenario is a digital release.

Oh I was really hoping Axiom Verge might be out for my holiday in two weeks.
Oh well. No matter. I'll play it sometime this year

I fully expect Axiom Verge sometime this summer/early fall at the latest :D

This thread is alive! Yeah. Well I'm just hoping we can add bloodstained to the list

Bloodstained is looking VERY likely my friend!! 7 days to go for funding and it is at 3.36 million - Vita stretch goal is at 3.5 :)

Fady K

COMING SOON!

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy
qKOHaV8.jpg

LEGO Jurassic World
Vxt5SPl.png

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star is coming to the Vita. This is not the same as Hatoful Boyfriend, which is set to hit the Vita sometime this summer. This game is more of a sequel of sorts. For those not in the know, HB is a visual novel series that is avian-themed. You got that right. The game is developed by Mediatonic and is being published by the awesome Devolver Digital (who brought us great Vita games like the Hotline Miami Games, Titan Souls and more.
6j0Z0zJ.jpg

hatoo.jpg

hb.jpg

hh.jpg

NEW MODELS

*Oddly enough, Square Enix is releasing a new Vita model (and PSTV model) in Japan on June 23 based on the latest Final Fantasy 14 expansion pack Heavensward. It looks cool, comes with a cool theme and has a branded sleeve.
PSV-FFXIV-Edition_06-03-15_001.jpg

PSTV-FFXIV-Edition_06-03-15_003.jpg

PSTV-FFXIV-Edition_06-03-15_002.jpg

NEW INFO

*The amazing looking Bloodstained is looking very likely for the Vita at this point. Kickstarter funding is currently at $3.36 million, the Vita stretch goal is at 3.5 million and there are still 7 days to go <3
bloodstained_ritual_of_the_night_concept_1.jpg

* Taiko Drum Master V Version is already overflowing with guest characters from other series. You can now add Ridge Racer's Reiko Nagase to the list.
Taiko-Vita_06-04-15.jpg

*The awesome looking Corpse Party: Blood Drive may not be censored when it comes out, claims Xseed Games. They also gave some more details regarding the soundtrack that comes with the game: "The 2-disc musical selections CDs will contain music from Corpse Party,Corpse Party: Book of Shadows and Corpse Party: Blood Drive alike. Regrettably, it will not contain any music from Corpse Party 2U, nor will it contain the full soundtrack to the original title (only BGM tracks that were specifically arranged for the PSP version), but it will contain the full original BGM soundtrack toCorpse Party: Book of Shadows, as well as the entire BGM soundtrack from Corpse Party: Blood Drive. It’s unknown at this time whether or not any of the vocal themes from these titles will be included, but… we’re trying!"
AwWtW2Q.jpg

*Here is a new gameplay preview from Siliconera for Land Of No Night .
017_thumb.jpg

019_thumb.jpg

027_thumb.jpg

*Here is a new preview from Gematsu for the newly announced Samurai Warriors 4: Empires .
SW4E_Fami-shot_06-03-15_001.jpg

SW4E_Fami-shot_06-03-15_002.jpg

SW4E_Fami-shot_06-03-15_004.jpg

RELEASE DATE UPDATE

* Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls will be coming out on September 1st in NA, 4th in Europe. Here is the new trailer.
20150520164730.png

20150520174241.png

20150520174927.png

NEW MEDIA

*Here is a new trailer for the beautiful looking hand painted runner, EarthNight from Cleaversoft. (Crossbuy and cross save with the upcoming PS4 version).
17621886473_7b79889353_b.jpg

17621895843_38a38830fb_b.jpg

18242518945_6533928d3d_b.jpg

18054682648_57f13ece16_b.jpg

*Here is a new trailer for the upcoming SRPG Destroyer Trillion (former Disgaea devs).
MSSPV_06-02-15.jpg

*New trailer for 5pb's Vita visual novel game Infinite Stratos 2: Love & Purge .
IS2LP-PV_06-04-15-600x338.jpg

*Some new artworks/a screen from Falcom's JRPG Tokyo Xanadu .
Tokyo-Xanadu_06-04-15_Top.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu_06-04-15_001.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu_06-04-15_002.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu_06-04-15_003.jpg

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking of giving someone a vita or pstv. She likes the Hakuoki games and is pretty good at Japanese. Was trying to figure out the best way for her to get the games.
Ah, well there's a pretty good selection on the Vita JPSN for sure. Only one or two of the older IF otomate games are in the 3k yen range though (one of them being a hakouki game). Others in the 5k yen range and many titles by publishers other than IF run the aforementioned 6-7k. It's definitely somewhat expensive if she wants to buy a lot of them but the selection certainly is there.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Thanks 2+2=5 :D Long time no see! Good to have you here again :)
Even if i don't comment i always read the updates ;)

*The amazing looking Bloodstained is looking very likely for the Vita at this point. Kickstarter funding is currently at $3.36 million, the Vita stretch goal is at 3.5 million and there are still 7 days to go <3
bloodstained_ritual_of_the_night_concept_1.jpg

I'm sorry to crush your dreams but that's not how the game looks, in fact unless i missed something there's not even a single screen of the game, that image is an artwork.

jzbluz

I was thinking of giving someone a vita or pstv. She likes the Hakuoki games and is pretty good at Japanese. Was trying to figure out the best way for her to get the games.

Even when you account for shipping/forwarding services, it's usually cheaper to buy physical because they usually go on sale while games on the PSN hardly ever do.

Question for anyone in the know. Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy. How fanservice-y and trope-y Apis it? It looks interesting, but the some of the aesthetic does put up small warning flags. I don't have anything necessarily against anime tropes, I'm just feeling a little bit tired of them at the moment.

Another question: there's no chance Taiko Drum Master gets localized right? I'm going to need to import that one?

Oh also the two upcoming otome games Norn9 and Code: Realize. Do we have any impressions or reviews? The games probably aren't for me, but I'm still curious.

Sorry for all the questions!

Saphirax

Question for anyone in the know. Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy. How fanservice-y and trope-y Apis it? It looks interesting, but the some of the aesthetic does put up small warning flags. I don't have anything necessarily against anime tropes, I'm just feeling a little bit tired of them at the moment.

Another question: there's no chance Taiko Drum Master gets localized right? I'm going to need to import that one?

Oh also the two upcoming otome games Norn9 and Code: Realize. Do we have any impressions or reviews? The games probably aren't for me, but I'm still curious.

Sorry for all the questions!

OA isn't really fanservice-y. I believe there is only one instance (maybe two) with very slight fanservice, but that's it.

From what I've gathered, the three otome games coming out are one of the better ones out there. Their focus is also more on the story than romance itself.

OA isn't really fanservice-y. I believe there is only one instance (maybe two) with very slight fanservice, but that's it.

From what I've gathered, the three otome games coming out are one of the better ones out there. Their focus is also more on the story than romance itself.
Good to hear about OA. I'll probably give it a whirl then.

As for the otome games...that intrigues me. I'm a 20 year old dude, so I don't know how much the stories will click with me...yet I also spend an inordinate amount of time watching josei anime, so maybe they're worth looking into.

Thanks for the answers!

Ah, well there's a pretty good selection on the Vita JPSN for sure. Only one or two of the older IF otomate games are in the 3k yen range though (one of them being a hakouki game). Others in the 5k yen range and many titles by publishers other than IF run the aforementioned 6-7k. It's definitely somewhat expensive if she wants to buy a lot of them but the selection certainly is there.
Ok, thanks for the info.

Saphirax

As for the otome games...that intrigues me. I'm a 20 year old dude, so I don't know how much the stories will click with me...yet I also spend an inordinate amount of time watching josei anime, so maybe they're worth looking into.

Thanks for the answers!

Looking around for otome game reviews can be a bit tricky since most of them spoil a lot of the story and basically show the CGs as well. However, here's what some of the reviewers had to say:

Code Realize:

Let’s not kid ourselves, this coulda taken place at any time, not involving any famous characters like Helsing or Frankenstein and it’s still basically Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood :p. STILL I don’t think that’s bad at all because those were great stories, and it was well put together with charming characters, great music and a captivating story!

This game is about story, about action, about adventure with romance as a bonus

Leaving Cardia’s name default has the guys call her by her name which is extremely appropriate because she is a GREAT heroine.

Overall Thoughts: Each character’s story is really intriguing and it was so hard to put the Vita down. This game is LONG: common route is 8 chapters, individual routes are 5 chapters each. This is probably the longest game I’ve played. It took me several days just to get through the common route. Fortunately, none of it is filler crap. Once the whole gang is gathered, they get cracking down to business.

Norn9:

I think I loved this game for all the wrong reasons (most of them being fuck yea Evangelion parody lmaooo.) XD The biggest thing that stood out were the characters and their relationships. I loved them all so much

Avoiding some spoilers, the same reviewer mentions how Norn9's story just ends all of a sudden and how there were some inconsistencies between all the routes, but overall it was an enjoyable experience.

Another awesome update Fady. I've started catching up with my Vita games now, its practically the only platform I've touched in the last 4 days...

I'm even more hyped for Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls now. Almost done with my first playthrough and its been incredibly difficult to put it down!

jzbluz

This question has already been answered, but I'll add something else I've heard; while Norn9's seems to be a bit of a mess, it does have a fandisc that fixes a lot of the plot holes. Unfortunately, we are only getting the first game for now.

If you're simply curious about the genre, you can always try Hakuoki and Sweet Fuse for like $10 each.

So what is the best place to import Japanese games from?

If you don't want to use a forwarding service, AmiAmi and Nippon Yasan offer games with a slight discount, although games go out of stock quickly in AmiAmi's case. There's also Solaris Japan and CDJapan, but they hardly ever offer discounts. Usually I don't recommend Play Asia because they're the most expensive, but sometimes you get lucky and they put a game on sale. If you are willing to use a forwarding service then Amazon Japan is probably the cheapest option.

I'd recommend using Nippon Yassan personally. I've import games from them all the time and they are excellent for shipping and good for prices. I stopped using Playasia not just because of the price but mainly because of the terribly slow delivery times - for comparison delivery from Nippon Yassan takes around 4 days, while Playasia it usually takes 2-3 weeks IF they send the game out right away.

Ryne

I recently bought a Vita and it's on its way to my place.

What I'm looking for in the Vita is playing games that I cannot play anywhere else (basically no PC ports as I have the ones I want on my PC), basically games that are unique to the Vita or PSN.

I'm a heavy RPG/JRPG gamer, so I would love games in that genre.

Currently I have the following games in mind:

Gravity Rush
Persona 4 Golden
Ys Celceta
Muramasa Rebirth
Tales of Hearts R

Any other suggestions?

Danneee

What I'm looking for in the Vita is playing games that I cannot play anywhere else (basically no PC ports as I have the ones I want on my PC), basically games that are unique to the Vita or PSN.

Gravity Rush
Persona 4 Golden
Ys Celceta
Muramasa Rebirth
Tales of Hearts R

Any other suggestions?

Wipeout is fantastic!

Saphirax

Gravity Rush
Persona 4 Golden
Ys Celceta
Muramasa Rebirth
Tales of Hearts R

Any other suggestions?

Demon Gaze and Operation Abyss - both good drpgs. Then there's Oreshika (it can get a bit grind heavy though).

Saphirax

It looks great, but I'm not interested in that type of game.

Not a big fan of drpgs, but I'll take a look at it. Oreshika is added to my list now though, being grind heavy is not a negative attribute for me!

It might not be up your alley, but you should check out Soul Sacrifice Delta too. It is a hunting game but it has its own story and is full of lore and content.

Then there's Danganronpa 1 & 2 - they're semi visual novels with crazy plots and characters.

dkoy

I'm posting this here because I don't know of a more suitable place to ask.

I'm having some trouble with my vita. It's an OLED model and I've had it for 2 years I think and has run almost flawlessly until now. Basically, if I have a game cart in as well as my 64GB memory card, the vita will randomly stop detecting my memory card and restarts itself which is pretty annoying. I noticed this was probably the problem when I removed Tearaway and I stopped getting the problem but recently it got worse when I bought project diva f 2. It stopped reading the PDF2 cartridge all of a sudden and wouldn't let me download to the memory card.

No clue why it's doing this and I'm hoping it's something software side because then it might get fixed in an update. Anybody else experienced something like this?

Saphirax

I'm posting this here because I don't know of a more suitable place to ask.

I'm having some trouble with my vita. It's an OLED model and I've had it for 2 years I think and has run almost flawlessly until now. Basically, if I have a game cart in as well as my 64GB memory card, the vita will randomly stop detecting my memory card and restarts itself which is pretty annoying. I noticed this was probably the problem when I removed Tearaway and I stopped getting the problem but recently it got worse when I bought project diva f 2. It stopped reading the PDF2 cartridge all of a sudden and wouldn't let me download to the memory card.

No clue why it's doing this and I'm hoping it's something software side because then it might get fixed in an update. Anybody else experienced something like this?

I had something similar when I replaced my memory card with another and then put the old one back. It kept saying there was no memory card detected. I just took the card out, blew into the slot and put it back in again. Solved the problem.

Looking around for otome game reviews can be a bit tricky since most of them spoil a lot of the story and basically show the CGs as well. However, here's what some of the reviewers had to say:

Avoiding some spoilers, the same reviewer mentions how Norn9's story just ends all of a sudden and how there were some inconsistencies between all the routes, but overall it was an enjoyable experience.
Huh, that still sounds intriguing. I haven't played my Vita outside of PS+ games that much, and besides P4:D, I don't expect to be buying too many this year. So I guess I'll try them for the hell of it.
This question has already been answered, but I'll add something else I've heard; while Norn9's seems to be a bit of a mess, it does have a fandisc that fixes a lot of the plot holes. Unfortunately, we are only getting the first game for now.

If you're simply curious about the genre, you can always try Hakuoki and Sweet Fuse for like $10 each.
Oh yeah, I guess I can try those in the meantime! Thanks!

COMING SOON!
*Here is a new gameplay preview from Siliconera for Land Of No Night .
017_thumb.jpg

019_thumb.jpg

027_thumb.jpg
Thanks Fady K for bringing to my attention Land of No Night. From the screenshots I thought it was a turn based RPG like Neptunia that I don't like, but after seeing the trailer to me it seems like a more action oriented Folklore which I love and now I'm hopping the game get's localized fast. This thread is really good and I should enter more often, so many good Vita games I didn't even know existed!

cj_iwakura

I'm considering importing Tokyo Xanadu, someone stop me.

Also, Land of No Night is such an awkward title. That's Siliconera, alright.

cj_iwakura

Thanks for the answers!

I'd suggest checking out the demo of the PC version, which was fan translated, for a taste of OA. Talking about it is verboten in the OT for some crazy reason.

http://blog.hardcoregaming101.net/2013/02/generation-xth-code-hazard-pc-fan.html

yurinka

These weeks before E3 is good to check the Playstation blog and youtube channel because they annouce there a lot of cool indies coming to PS4 and Vita.

It would be great to have the OP updated for the Sony E3 conference to quickly add the ones announced there.

Because as usual there will be the typical 'Vita haz no games' comments, which is nice to counter with just a link to this thread.

P.S.: There's a typo in the OP. 'Crazy Pixel Streaker' appears as 'Crazy Pixel Streaking'.

What is Action Henk? I'm at work morning to night and haven't been able to watch the video. I haven't been able to find an explanation of what it actually IS.
It's an arcadey speedrunning game (best way I can put it) with a really cool style with lots of nods to 1980s/1990s pop culture. Really addictive and challenging, perfect pick up and play game.

dkoy

I had something similar when I replaced my memory card with another and then put the old one back. It kept saying there was no memory card detected. I just took the card out, blew into the slot and put it back in again. Solved the problem.

So I've done that multiple times and now my vita won't even read the memory card. Every time I try to do anything it comes up with error C1-2741-4. I've tried rebuilding database and formatting from safe mode but the problem persists.

I don't think it's the vita because it read my 8GB card just fine no problem. Is my 64GB just fucked?

Steel

Banned

Gravity Rush
Persona 4 Golden
Ys Celceta
Muramasa Rebirth
Tales of Hearts R

Any other suggestions?

Oreshika is a good rpg, though don't go in for the story, the game's strength is in it's dynasty simulation and eugenics. Soul Sacrifice Delta, and Freedom Wars are also a couple of good ones to check out.

nynt9

I saw this game called Lost Dimension on Amazon and it looks kind of cool. I haven't heard much about it. Is it worth looking into?

I saw this game called Lost Dimension on Amazon and it looks kind of cool. I haven't heard much about it. Is it worth looking into?

I think this is a game that will totally be overlooked this year but it seems kind of cool. Gameplay is Valkyria Chronicles-ish and the story has a neat twist where a random member from your team is a traitor and you have to figure out who. Also every character has a unique super-power apparently. That's all I know about it but it seems worth checking out.

Top Bottom