• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Bloodstained has reached the Vita stretch goal with a week to go! There will also be physical copies and possibly PSTV support, check out update 18 for Armature's ideas on a Vita version.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1254965

That's excellent news. I've backed it to get the Vita physical version for my collection. I'll be grabbing it for the PS4/PC as well no doubt. Between this and Mighty No. 9 I'm in my happy place, getting new (spiritual) sequels of Megaman and Castlevania is awesome!

With these new XSEED announcements I think the Vita is the console I'm buying the most games for in the near future. Never thought I would say that.

I want Steins;Gate, Danganronpa: Another Episode, Persona 4: Dancing All Night, Earth Defence Force 2, and Trails of Cold Steel.

Then Cold Steel 2 and Tokyo Xanadu when they eventually roll around, and I have my fingers crossed for Digimon Cyber Sleuth coming over.

redcrayon

With these new XSEED announcements I think the Vita is the console I'm buying the most games for in the near future. Never thought I would say that.

I want Steins;Gate, Danganronpa: Another Episode, Persona 4: Dancing All Night, Earth Defence Force 2, and Trails of Cold Steel.

Then Cold Steel 2 and Tokyo Xanadu when they eventually roll around, and I have my fingers crossed for Digimon Cyber Sleuth coming over.
How about Lost Dimension in August? Sounds like it might be up your street!

redcrayon

It's not upcoming or anything, but just thought I'd add that I picked up Wolf Among Us in the EU sale to tide me over until Operation Abyss arrives, and I'm really enjoying it. At £6 for the series it's a steal.

The characters are likable, and you don't need to have read the comic or anything, it explains everything as it goes. The first episode plays out as a noir-esque investigation, with Sheriff Bigby Wolf keeping the peace in Fabletown.

I love the way the 'Fables' (as they call themselves) are translated in as characters- Toad of Toad Hall is now a New York taxi-driver, swapping his classic motorcar for a yellow cab. Snow White is recast as an administration official, and the Woodsman an angry drunk with an understandable enmity running with the Big Bad Wolf (no spoilers here, all this is covered in the first few scenes).

It has loading time issues, usually around ten seconds per scene, with six or eight scenes per episode, which can be frustrating. But what really shines through is the story- it's great, with characters that seem all-too-human in their flaws despite the in-series lore suggesting some of them can soak up a huge amount of punishment and are practically immortal. Bigby wouldn't seem out of place in any of the great American urban detective series, with his resigned yet dogged (sorry) approach, dealing with down-on-their-luck fables and kicking himself for being able to offer 'just doing my job' platitudes while telling them to keep up their glamours (how they stay hidden in our world).

Anyway, It's had me order the book (this series is a prequel to it and a great jumping on point).

Another small personal downside on the portable version- there's a lot of spoken dialogue explaining the story (as you'd expect) and no subtitles, yet it's slightly quiet or softly spoken even at maximum volume, with no way to replay the dialogue without playing the scene again. As my train rattled along, I found it hard to follow at times with the ambient noise, but obviously that's just me.

Interestingly, my wife (who loves cop shows) has now asked me to play it through with her (she struggles with the QTE sometimes) just for the story. Perhaps the best way to read a story of fables is when tucked up in bed :D

jonno394

It's not upcoming or anything, but just thought I'd add that I picked up Wolf Among Us in the EU sale to tide me over until Operation Abyss arrives, and I'm really enjoying it. At £6 for the series it's a steal.

Coincidentally i'm also playing through TWAU but I bought the retail release from USA (cost me £14 but I like physical so....)

I'm part way through episode 3 and i love the visuals and the music. I've been playing with headphones so haven't missed subtitles like yourself. The voice acting is really god imo, just an all round solid production, but shame the engine doesn't run exceedingly well on the Vita (especially during the QTE and post loads where you'll hear dialogue without seeing whats on screen straight away)

I've also ordered the first volume of the comic ;)

redcrayon

Coincidentally i'm also playing through TWAU but I bought the retail release from USA (cost me £14 but I like physical so....)

I'm part way through episode 3 and i love the visuals and the music. I've been playing with headphones so haven't missed subtitles like yourself. The voice acting is really god imo, just an all round solid production, but shame the engine doesn't run exceedingly well on the Vita (especially during the QTE and post loads where you'll hear dialogue without seeing whats on screen straight away)

I've also ordered the first volume of the comic ;)
I just love the way that a computer game of a comic about fairytale characters is such a good murder mystery! :D

Maybe it's just because Bigby is a great protagonist, you really want him to succeed. I only just found out that he smokes so much because
it dulls his sense of smell that would otherwise be overwhelmed in a city
I love little nods to detective lore and his wolfiness, attention to detail like that.

Agree on the engine being a bit ropey, and yeah, the voice cast is great. I think I prefer it to the Walking Dead, but I'll have to reach the end and let it settle before coming to such an important decision :)

Bloodstained has reached the Vita stretch goal with a week to go! There will also be physical copies and possibly PSTV support, check out update 18 for Armature's ideas on a Vita version.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1254965

Yup! Here's the image for those who want to see what it'll look like:

wMhrf6Z.png

MSMrRound

Hi guys, I already own a Vita but just yesterday, I decided to pick up a second Vita and make it my dedicated R1 DLC set because of the upcoming Persona Dancing All Night and what's not. Not gonna miss out on those DLCs.

Can anyone recommend me some really classic games that I might have missed out on for PSP/Vita? Some of my favourite titles include Persona 4 Golden/Danganronpa 1 and 2/Fire Emblem Awakening/The World Ends With You, so on and so forth.

Thinking of picking up The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the sky (since I wasn't able to purchase it on the R3 Asian store). Any other recommendations?

batrush

Hi guys, I already own a Vita but just yesterday, I decided to pick up a second Vita and make it my dedicated R1 DLC set because of the upcoming Persona Dancing All Night and what's not. Not gonna miss out on those DLCs.

Can anyone recommend me some really classic games that I might have missed out on for PSP/Vita? Some of my favourite titles include Persona 4 Golden/Danganronpa 1 and 2/Fire Emblem Awakening/The World Ends With You, so on and so forth.

Thinking of picking up The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the sky (since I wasn't able to purchase it on the R3 Asian store). Any other recommendations?

Check out the Ys series (Memories of Celceta and Oath in Felghana, especially) and the Persona 2 duology.

AmyS

Guys I don't think anybody answered a question I had, is there any way of playing R-Types (PS1) and R-Type Command (PSP) on VITA ?

The games are gone from the PS Store but I was wondering if someone happened to have these games downloaded onto a VITA memory card and I bought it, if that would work.

Probably not, but still wondering.

Shinriji

Guys I don't think anybody answered a question I had, is there any way of playing R-Types (PS1) and R-Type Command (PSP) on VITA ?

The games are gone from the PS Store but I was wondering if someone happened to have these games downloaded onto a VITA memory card and I bought it, if that would work.

Probably not, but still wondering.

It won't work because that card is associated with a different account,

Jacqli

It seems that a port of Unepic (PC/Wii u) for vita and ps4 is in the works. A metroidvania game is always welcome on a handheld.

I was really looking forward to Salt and Sanctuary but it has been so long since the last time I heard about it…

Danneee

It seems that a port of Unepic (PC/Wii u) for vita and ps4 is in the works. A metroidvania game is always welcome on a handheld.

I was really looking forward to Salt and Sanctuary but it has been so long since the last time I heard about it…

Nice, I've been wanting to play that and Vita should be a perfect console for it.

jonno394

Nice. Got Unepic on pc and played it for a bit and really enjoyed it. Got distracted by other games and never went back though but would love it on the vita

Moobabe

That was unexpected - Unepic is pretty damn cool.

If you have a DS, play 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors.

Then go play Virtue's Last Reward on your Vita.

Edit: You might like Corpse Party.

Chuy

Figure this would be a good place to ask, but I've been looking at the possibility of purchasing a Vita. Is this a pretty good deal from Gamestop? It's a used Vita for $169 with a 4gb memory card. I might sell off the included games.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/con...shed-blast-from-the-past-system-bundle/119003
This might be the better deal:

eBay (Newegg) has the BL2 Vita 2000 bundle at $170 right now. You can then use the coupon code "C15FATHERSDAY" to cut that down another $15, which also works on other Home and Garden, Sporting Goods, and Tech purchases over $100.

Faustek

Follow @Skastudios on twitter. They have been doing streams and general fun.
Think that is my most anticipated indie game, together with Cosmic Star Heroine... Both Which I'm really worried about an European localisation. Still can't understand why they force devs to type out the store info in that countries native language as well as the English info if the game is in English only.
Seems as if you can't understand the English info an RPG wouldn't be for you.

Absolutely. That looks amazing. Thanks for the post, I had no idea about this one!
The thing about this project is that this is slated for late 2015 on the consoles, the Vita and mobile versions will only come later. It's a team of 4 people making it, so much like Axiom Verge it might be a while after its release until it drops on the handheld.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Follow @Skastudios on twitter. They have been doing streams and general fun.
Think that is my most anticipated indie game, together with Cosmic Star Heroine... Both Which I'm really worried about an European localisation. Still can't understand why they force devs to type out the store info in that countries native language as well as the English info if the game is in English only.
Seems as if you can't understand the English info an RPG wouldn't be for you.
Ask the devs/pubs if they know about that, because some publishers are totally clueless about how that works and some even pretends it's not their problem.
I have contacted a couple of devs/publishers that fails at this/have yet to publish a game in Europe and I have recommended that they could use machine translations or that I could translate what they need myself.
So making them aware and doing our best to help is the best thing we can do as of now.

And one of the two owners of Zeboyd Games, developers of Cosmic Star Heroine, Robert at Zeboyd Games posts here so you can ask him directly about that.

Faustek

Ask the devs/pubs if they know about that, because some publishers are totally clueless about how that works and some even pretends it's not their problem.
I have contacted a couple of devs/publishers that fails at this/have yet to publish a game in Europe and I have recommended that they could use machine translations or that I could translate what they need myself.
So making them aware and doing our best to help is the best thing we can do as of now.

And one of the two owners of Zeboyd Games, developers of Cosmic Star Heroine, Robert at Zeboyd Games posts here so you can ask him directly about that.

Oh I know. Done some of that myself actually. Always fun to see something you contributed to on PSN :)
Well I already asked and the answer I got from both were to wait. So either they know and politely asked me to stop bugging them or they don't know anything :)

Fuck yeah Super Meat Boy on Vita!

Glad to see Edmund has a good relationship with Sony, what with BOI: Rebirth and this now being on PS+ :)

redcrayon

It's been a good week for the Vita, with Trials of Cold Steel, SMB and Bloodstained all being announced for it.

Anyone thing E3 will top that?

18-Volt

You forgot Digimon away well...
Only two things that would top what's been announced so far

And Phantasy Star Nova.

I don't know if they have ever done so, but NIS America hasn't announced their E3 lineup yet. Localization announcements of Stranger of the Sword Village and Kancolle Kai for west would be the cherry on top.

Top Bottom