• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

I suppose NISA should still have some localization announcements left for 2015 and best guesses are Great Edo and Stranger of Sword City.

Currently they have 3 games to be released.

Anime Expo. I think Stranger of Sword City will be a lock, but I'd be surprised if Great Edo Blacksmith came across. I think Witch & Hundred Knight 1.5 will be what they announce, and maybe some other third-party game for PS4 or Vita (although I have no idea what).

I suppose NISA should still have some localization announcements left for 2015 and best guesses are Great Edo and Stranger of Sword City.

Currently they have 3 games to be released.
Sword City yeah, not sure about Great Edo.

I really hope we get Ukiyo no Roushi/Shishi from them.

Me too. I still feel like it's more of an Aksys/XSEED title, but XSEED and rammed with stuff lately.

Still, have you posted in the request topic on their forums? ;)
That's funny, because I'm always told it would be NISA bringing it over if anyone does.

I honestly don't care who just as long as someone does and it's done well. I don't need no fancy packaging or English voice acting even, just a competent translation and a bit of attention. I wanna slice Ninja and Samurai dudes out of their clothing please. I'd buy both editions, but I'd be happy if we even only just got one of them.

That's funny, because I'm always told it would be NISA bringing it over if anyone does.

Really? I can't really see any similar games they've brought over in the past. It's mostly been anime-inspired stuff.

XSEED brought over Way of the Samurai 4 (which this resembles) and Aksys just tend to scattergun loads of stuff so I assumed there was a chance.

I'm with you though. As long as it comes across, I really don't care who brings it. I'm thinking chances are pretty low though because it's two interlinked games, one on the dying PS3. More translation work for a shrinking market.

Prelude.

I was interested in Ukiyo no Roushi/Shishi too but it's kinda worrying how no one talks about them. I hope they were good. They looked good at least.

dkoy

Man looks like I might be shelling out for another 64GB card soon seeing as my current one decided to commit sudoku. PlayAsia's not very helpful with their customer service so if I do get a new one I'll probably got with Nippon Yassan.

Has anyone else had memory card troubles with a 64GB + Vita 1000 model? Maybe I just got unlucky.

Prelude.

Man looks like I might be shelling out for another 64GB card soon seeing as my current one decided to commit sudoku. PlayAsia's not very helpful with their customer service so if I do get a new one I'll probably got with Nippon Yassan.

Has anyone else had memory card troubles with a 64GB + Vita 1000 model? Maybe I just got unlucky.

Speaking of sudoku, I should have bought a 64gb card too before the € committed it. It's 77 USD on Superufo which is €68, one year ago it was €56, it's ridiculous.

redcrayon

Your 64GB card is too busy solving number puzzles to play games? :D

Curve Digital's announced Pumped BMX +, an upgraded port of Pumped BMX 2 on mobile. Looks fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3JQIcK6MN4

Ride through increasingly challenging levels while pulling off crazy and impressive trick combinations. The game lets players choose their rider style and throw down their best stunts whilst racing through more than 500 challenges to reach the top of the leader boards.

Features will include:

Beautifully rendered 3D high definition graphics and animation
A new enhanced and intelligent control system
A brand new fully licensed soundtrack
Loads of authentic BMX tricks which can be combined for almost unlimited creativity

KfpCezMl.png

jlukAHbl.jpg

I was interested in Ukiyo no Roushi/Shishi too but it's kinda worrying how no one talks about them. I hope they were good. They looked good at least.
The impressions I've read said it was fun. Nothing super special, but if you like the Way of the Samurai games, that you'd most likely enjoy them too.

With only a few 15hours left to go, Bloodstained has only one goal left to hit at $5M which is a Roguelike dungeon mode. With PayPal money added to the Kickstarter we are at about $4.8M, which means PC, Consoles and HANDHELDS (yup Vita I'm looking at you) will get a Mini-game prequel before Bloodstained's launch.

Is there any reason to believe Stranger of Sword City will be localized? I see a few of you expect it and I'm just wondering why. (I really want it to be. Looks super badass )

KiteGr

How many of those game have a retail edition.
...and of those, how many don't have massively superior editions on home consoles.
...and of those, how many are in english.
...and of those, how many don't involve any form of online multiplayer, or generally multyplayer that doesn't involve more than one Vita console.

The list isn't as big...

Valkyria

Banned
...and of those, how many don't have massively superior editions on home consoles.
...and of those, how many don't involve any form of online multiplayer, or generally multyplayer that doesn't involve more than one Vita console.

The list isn't as big...

How clever of you is to do a console warrior comment when someone did the same two pages ago and ended banned?

Yasumi

Banned

The list isn't as big...
Thanks for your contribution.

bomblord1

Banned

The list isn't as big...

I'm eagerly awaiting your compiled results list :)

Is there any gameplay footage of this floating around? I checked out its listing in the store and it's £8! That's a fortune for a mobile game.

Not that I can find, which is a shame. Because yeah, I'm kind of confused how it actually plays. The store listing says it's an RPG/adventure which is just... really vague. It looks like it might be pretty cool, but that's too pricey for a blind buy. =x

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

The list isn't as big...
Dang, guess if a game doesn't fall into one of these categories it no longer counts as an upcoming Vita game

The list isn't as big...

Why don't you just check for yourself and see how massively wrong you are?

Oh and you forgot "indies" and "anime" games in your list btw.

Ohnonono

The list isn't as big...

Who are you talking to?

Not that I can find, which is a shame. Because yeah, I'm kind of confused how it actually plays. The store listing says it's an RPG/adventure which is just... really vague. It looks like it might be pretty cool, but that's too pricey for a blind buy. =x

Yeah exactly. I want to try it out, but at that asking price... eh. Worst part is that it feels like there is a countdown that's ticking right now because Playstation Mobile won't be around for much longer, and once that's gone, goodbye game. Will just have to wait for now and let someone else bite the bullet.

The list isn't as big...

so?

redcrayon

It's a portable device in 2015. How many do you think?
The vast, vast majority, unless you have your preceding bizarre requirement to only count a portable game as part of a library in 2015 if if comes on a cart. In which case it's only just the majority.
Seeing as this is the 'upcoming' games thread and Japanese developers have carried the lions share of awesome portable gaming for 26 years, I'm going to guess and say not many. Yet. If this was a list of upcoming 3DS games, the answer would be exactly the same.
Ah, yes, no multiplayer allowed. Because as hunting games have proven, it just doesn't work on handhelds.

The list isn't as big...
If the only games worth playing are those conforming to your bizarre specifications for a portable, then OK, sure. Let us know the number of games here that matter to you, I'm sure you've looked into it rather than just guessing.

What a bonkers post. Most gamers on a gaming forum could look at a list of 400 upcoming titles across 20-odd genres on a portable and at least find something they might be looking forward to, rather than discounting most of them for not coming in a little blue plastic box.

Shinriji

Yeah exactly. I want to try it out, but at that asking price... eh. Worst part is that it feels like there is a countdown that's ticking right now because Playstation Mobile won't be around for much longer, and once that's gone, goodbye game. Will just have to wait for now and let someone else bite the bullet.

So do I. I hope that on the final days, they make a huge fire sale. There is still two or three PSM games that I want to buy.

Sad thing is that the best PSM games developers don't seem interested in create native vita games.

Is there any reason to believe Stranger of Sword City will be localized? I see a few of you expect it and I'm just wondering why. (I really want it to be. Looks super badass )

NISA have localized two Experience Inc. games now, from two different publishers (Kadokawa & 5pb). That shows an interest in the developer.

Demon Gaze supposedly sold pretty well.

Stranger in Sword City is self-published (I think) and has a more western-friendly aesthetic, and seems to have been received very well in Japan.

I'd have thought it's pretty much a sure thing. Operation Babel is the one I'm a little worried about, since it'll depend on sales of Operation Abyss being good enough.

With only a few 15hours left to go, Bloodstained has only one goal left to hit at $5M which is a Roguelike dungeon mode. With PayPal money added to the Kickstarter we are at about $4.8M, which means PC, Consoles and HANDHELDS (yup Vita I'm looking at you) will get a Mini-game prequel before Bloodstained's launch.

So looking forward to adding Bloodstained to my Vita collection (in 2018).

VLiberty

The list isn't as big...
How many of those were released the day after a full moon night?

The list isn't as big...
This is what you brought upon yourself:

demotivational-poster-39842.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Because all the previous vita drpgs from the same developer were localized, it's stranger's turn now ;)

The list isn't as big...

It's you talking or your prejudices? Did you see the list and you are blind or you just come here to hate?

1)unlike what you like to think what you think is not the absolute truth, there's no absolute "superior", but relative "superior", a small Handheld that makes me play the same game as a big and heavy and powerful home console is "superior", not the opposite, and playing the same game everywhere is "superior" to be forced to play it in one point. This without counting that indies are not "superior" on home consoles and the vita dpad is really "superior" to ps4 and xb1 dpads.

2)if you try to look with neutral eyes you would see that many great japanese games in are vita exclusive so what are you talking about?

3)retail editions, do you even have a handheld? While i understand the love for retail and vita needs more retail presence, digital is the way to go for a handheld library, there's no way that in 2015 people goes around with carts.

4)english.... again how much do you really know of vita and how much did you see of the list? There are tons of games in english and on vita almost everything is being localized, have you ever seen the localization announcements from xseed, nisa etc? Many of them(often most of them) are for vita, so what you are talking about?

5)multiplayer, again do you know ANYTHING at all of vita? what about all those coop games like monster hunter that support up to 4 vitas for example? I can't even understand how you could bring this non-existant point.

Steel

Banned
I love how people bring up the multiplat arugement, when you really can't get the combination of platforms that the vita provides anywhere else.

Some Vita games are also on PC, but not on PS3, some games are also on PS3 but not PC, some games are for PSP, but not on PS3 or PC. Some games are on 3DS but nowhere else, some games were on PS2, but nowhere else, some on PS4 but nowhere else, there's even a wii game. The intersection of systems that is the vita cannot just be discounted, not to mention that a game being portable is a value add and most of these games are definitive versions with extra content.

Prelude.

The list isn't as big...
What is this shit? Ignoring how wrong you are, still, what is this shit?
Are you upset for some reason?

Man, I am going to have more than enough boxed Vita games to play for the rest of the year. That's anecdotal, but still.

That's a dumb set of arbitrary restrictions.

NISA have localized two Experience Inc. games now, from two different publishers (Kadokawa & 5pb). That shows an interest in the developer.

Demon Gaze supposedly sold pretty well.

Stranger in Sword City is self-published (I think) and has a more western-friendly aesthetic, and seems to have been received very well in Japan.

I'd have thought it's pretty much a sure thing. Operation Babel is the one I'm a little worried about, since it'll depend on sales of Operation Abyss being good enough.

This pleases me greatly. Often I've thought about importing it but I know I'd enjoy it much more if it were in English. Anxiously waiting for any news on it now.

The list isn't as big...

So you're only counting retail releases that have some form of multiplayer?!

Top Bottom