• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

incpdo

I guess we know the type of gamer keeping the system alive.
I dont get why you spend even a second of your life writing a comment like this. Does it make you feel superior? Do you know what genre are those games? Idk . is this type of comments that hurt the device reputation. I guess we cannot enjoy our system without any kind of issues. Why don't you spend that second of your time writing something about the console you like ? I'm assuming things and maybe I'm wrong but even as a joke I don't get why you do this. Why people dont like to enjoy games these days? They just make a great effort dissecting the game into superficial critics instead of enjoying the part of the glass that is not empty.

I guess we know the type of gamer keeping the system alive.

Thanks for the constructive input, you seem to have put a lot of care into this post! I could feel offended as a Vita owner, but instead I will simple bring up this very handy gif of mine:
iMQ37md.gif

Too tired from work to give a real piece of my mind to this. More and more of these passer-bys these days. Must be fun, or maybe there is some kind of anti-Vita group going around and taking shots at people in this thread.

c-murph

Wow. Geezus. That totally exploded.

Didn't expect anyone to take that so personal. I own like 80% of those games people.

It's a japanese system with japanese games. That really wasn't meant to be an insult. lol

Hey Guys,
I believe this is relevant to this thread. Right before they shut down PS Mobile submissions, I was able to get a game I made in. It's called Dynamite Dude, and it's the first complete game I've ever attempted. My original idea was to make an online multiplayer Bomberman like game. But the scope was too big, and I had to rethink how far I'd be able to make it. The good news is that it became a decent single player game.

The goal of each level is to defeat all the enemies, which gets more difficult with all the obstacles in the later levels. Some levels are like mazes, and some are just a bunch of enemies. I tried to make it so the game progressively teaches you how to play. There's a couple of skills you can use to help you, like dynamite kicking, and standing in place while choosing the direction to set the sticks. There's 50 levels in all, a level generator, and a mode where you get to play with a mess with a bunch of sprites at once. So check it out if you think it's interesting enough.

Play through video (first 1/2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I1416JLSRA

Some Gifs
paK3y3Q.gif

4O2Ph52.gif

Suuv3DJ.gif

Mini trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSPyQg6-1xU

Some screen shots

Skyzard

Banned
Yeah I'll grab that, think it will be quite fun with the bomberman timing gameplay.

Also that's awesome you got your game on the vita, something I would have loved to do.
Maybe there's a chance with homebrew in the future but probably not with my skill.

boingball

It's not a Vita game yet, but Regalia, an SRPG on kickstarter, has just met it's initial funding target with 19 days left to go, and a Vita version is a stretch goal. They've got some interesting ideas there, kind of a mix between Banner Saga and FFT.

Check it out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1719693924/regalia-of-men-and-monarchs

Developer is now a gaffer and answering comments in this thread

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1057444

The Kickstarter has been updated with news for the Vita version.

Stretch goal 60k (currently at 43k, but 60k seems entirely doable).
$25 will give you either a Vita or PS4 key (in addition to the Steam key you get). There is no separate tier for just a console version (yet?).
Will come early 2017 (that is a long wait).
Cross-buy (and cross-play/cross-save) might be a possibility, but they don't want to promise it.

Backed it anyway.

P.S.
Don't feed the trolls. This thread always becomes quite busy when someone drive-bys a post of "Vita games? Lol.".

CamHostage

It's sad. :(

Did anyone throw Vita a bone at this E3 so far?

Square Enix, with World of Final Fantasy.

I kind of thought maybe the Disney Infinity portion was going to lead into another "...and PlayStation Vita" following on last year's promise of DI2 (which they finally paid off just a few weeks ago, but seeing as how it struggled as a port I'd guess they knew DI3 would be impossible.)

But it's not that big a surprise. I actually wish Sony hadn't put in that sizzle reel (which was just a cannonball to the belly of an otherwise impressive showcase) as it was full of old stuff, paid nothing but lip service to Vita and Morpheus, and even showed the crowd being bored by it. Why?

There'll be floor stuff though. Indie games (I think everything Japanese is known, whether it'll be there or not), but probably some things worth checking out.

Just got an email from Play-Asia about this; the Vita version of Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess is getting a physical Asian release with English text! (The US/EU release is digital-only).

http://www.play-asia.com/deception-iv-the-nightmare-princess-english-sub/13/708wmt?sc1=N334051005

NOTE: Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess (Asia) is the only Physical Vita version with English Subs, Text, & Menus - Audio will be in Japanese Voices, just like the digital version in the West. Pre-Order copies contains a code in box for 3 DLCs for bonus traps - works only for Asian PSN (HK) while supplies last.

18-Volt

Wonder when they are going to reveal Civ Rev 2 Plus officially. 2K still has lot to show but they have skipped both MS and Sony conferences. Civ Rev 2 is pretty much confirmed but I'm holding out for XCOM or GTA iOS ports.

Yeah I'll grab that, think it will be quite fun with the bomberman timing gameplay.

Also that's awesome you got your game on the vita, something I would have loved to do.
Maybe there's a chance with homebrew in the future but probably not with my skill.

Trust in your skill, took me 10+ years to find the confidence in my skill to get started. Actual skill went up very little in those 10 years. I'm hoping to write up a blog post on how I slowly gained momentum and ended up making this game.

Imo the Psm Sdk is very well documented for getting started, at least for a sprite game. The rest I just found little tidbits of code by googling. I'm gonna try to learn unity next as that seems popular and well documented

Has Sony posted a good quality version of the 15 or so seconds they dedicated to Vita? The camera during the stream zoomed way out at just the wrong time.

Just got an email from Play-Asia about this; the Vita version of Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess is getting a physical Asian release with English text! (The US/EU release is digital-only).

http://www.play-asia.com/deception-iv-the-nightmare-princess-english-sub/13/708wmt?sc1=N334051005

Yeah, I got the same e-mail. Tempted to pick it up just because I'm worried it'll be a low-stock situation like with Soul Sacrifice Delta/Oreshika.

Gives me hope that Nobunaga's Ambition Asian-English is a real thing, too. And next year, when they announce Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12 for the west...

Wonder when they are going to reveal Civ Rev 2 Plus officially. 2K still has lot to show but they have skipped both MS and Sony conferences. Civ Rev 2 is pretty much confirmed but I'm holding out for XCOM or GTA iOS ports.

Yeah, I was expecting that to be a quick mention at the Sony conference too. Wonder if/when it's actually going to be announced.

Prelude.

Has Sony posted a good quality version of the 15 or so seconds they dedicated to Vita? The camera during the stream zoomed way out at just the wrong time.
Shhh, nothing of the sort exists, you're just imagining things. More importantly, did you see that sick Black Ops III gameplay? I can't wait to play those exclusive DLC maps before everyone else! #4theplayers

It's sad that Sony couldn't even dedicate 5 minutes of time to announce some Vita games during the press conference.

We all knew it wasn't gonna happen and we even said as much here for people not to hold their breath. They announced it themselves that the Vita is a "Legacy" system, the obvious choice was to show what makes them money. Wait for Anime Expo for more Vita stuff, that's in 2 weeks.

Shizuka

Not to mention that five minutes in a conference is a lot of time. It got five seconds and I feel like it was enough for me.

Labadal

RONIN is coming to Vita. Game looks fucking amazing. I don't know if it was always known that a Vita version was coming or not prior to the Sony Press Conference.

maouvin

http://thevitalounge.net/2015/06/18...ame-of-thrones-and-more-for-playstation-vita/

Nice sizzle reel.
The ending confirms Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and Minecraft: Story Mode in a blink-and-you'll miss it set of logos flying into the screen.

Otherwise, it shows some stuff we already know about, like Severed, Xeodrifter, Mighty No.9 and Super Time Force, amongst others.

Is GoT news? Never heard of a Vita version.
And good to hear about that Borderlands again.

redcrayon

Nah, it was 'announced' ages ago, and by 'announced' I mean buried at the bottom of the press release when Telltale first talked about it and never mentioned since.

Telltale seems to prefer releasing episodic stuff as one package on the Vita (probably less paperwork), and Capcom are following their model with RE:R2.

Top Bottom