• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

maouvin

How many of those game have a retail edition.
...and of those, how many don't have massively superior editions on home consoles.
...and of those, how many are in english.
...and of those, how many don't involve any form of online multiplayer, or generally multyplayer that doesn't involve more than one Vita console.

The list isn't as big...

why

18-Volt

Because all the previous vita drpgs from the same developer were localized, it's stranger's turn now ;)

Sadly, this is wrong. Cross Blood Infinity, a DRPG for Vita related to New Tokyo Legacy series from Experience hasn't been localized yet. Perhaps someday.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sadly, this is wrong. Cross Blood Infinity, a DRPG for Vita related to New Tokyo Legacy series from Experience hasn't been localized yet. Perhaps someday.

You are right, but it's not sad at all for me, because it means that we'll get stranger and ray gigant sooner, and as you said it's related to the tokyo games, that are newer and i guess improved somehow.

Ohnonono

I am not even that interested in Op. Abyss. I just want stranger so bad I bought it anyway. I will play it for sure but I am way more interested in Stranger.

How many of those game have a retail edition.
...and of those, how many don't have massively superior editions on home consoles.
...and of those, how many are in english.
...and of those, how many don't involve any form of online multiplayer, or generally multyplayer that doesn't involve more than one Vita console.

The list isn't as big...
hahaha. Are you serious??

I.. I.. Just.... What??? :D

Novocaine

I can finally boast my very own page of female anime face!

opqsfa4h.jpg

I'm loving Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth right now. I wish I got into the series earlier.

XSEED announced the last of their E3 lineup and no Ukiyo no Roushi/Shishi to be found. I imagine that'll be their entire 2015 collection of games so I doubt we'll see it from them. :/

NISA or Aksys are my only hope now...

Prelude.

Eh, just wait guys, any company would want to have something like that in their catalog. If Ray Gigant will be published by its own publisher SoSC should be next in line.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Btw, why is Time Travelers considered to be bad?
It isn't really, it stands fine on its own. The complaints stem from it inevitably getting compared to the director's previous work on 428 (he also produced 999). The length is relatively short, choice complexity is shallow in comparison, etc. 428 is one of the most well received VNs of all time and they used that fact in the marketing of Time Travelers so it's mostly fans disappointed that it doesn't come close to living up.

cj_iwakura

It isn't really, it stands fine on its own. The complaints stem from it inevitably getting compared to the director's previous work on 428 (he also produced 999). The length is relatively short, choice complexity is shallow in comparison, etc. 428 is one of the most well received VNs of all time and they used that fact in the marketing of Time Travelers so it's mostly fans disappointed that it doesn't come close to living up.

I'd love to play 428 eventually. Is it an FMV game, or is the live action just marketing?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to play 428 eventually. Is it an FMV game, or is the live action just marketing?
It's fully live action photos/fmv in the game. Kind of surprised no one has taken the trouble to fan translate it from what I can tell? Wonder if the lack of the usual anime art style actually decreased interest for the title.

Shizuka

It's fully live action photos/fmv in the game. Kind of surprised no one has taken the trouble to fan translate it from what I can tell? Wonder if the lack of the usual anime art style actually decreased interest for the title.

I heard it's a whole lot of text, even for a visual novel.

cj_iwakura

I'm sure it didn't help. Might also be difficult. I can ask Esper, I know he's interested in it. (He has no limits in terms of projects, admirable trait really.)

KiteGr

Looks like I've thrown my self into the wolfs.

Don't take me wrong guys. I love my Vita.
This is a genuine list of thinks I abide when I buy games for portables.

I like collecting my games as much as I like playing them, and for me digital stuff have no collection value, so when I came to the topic expecting to find something worthy of buying and when I scrolled down to see mostly indies and PSN games you can't imagine my disappointment.
Also, since I own a PS3 and a PS4, I have the the tendency to buy the version of a game that appear to be the most ideal. My best hope for a portable console, was that it would get some retail release of some indies that would feel awkward comming on a home console, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the Vita.
Vita's Wifi connection doesn't reach all the way to my room, while other devices I own do, so to play Vita online I have to join the rest of the family just to sit in a corner and play, plus when outside where portable consoles originally intended to be played, a Wifi connection is not a given. Besides that, I'm no longer in middle or high or even college to have various people in my circle caring portable consoles to play even local multiplayer.

So my tastes say...
No huge emphasis on online multiplayer, No digital and no games I can find much better ports on my other platforms.
I started scrolling full of excitement, and then I found out that there are very few stuff to buy in that giant list.
It makes me very sad.

Oh, Deer! sounds like it's going to be a blast. Well worth reading the full write-up at Eurogamer, especially for the story about how Motohiro Kawashima got on board for the soundtrack.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-05-oh-deer-its-the-last-playstation-mobile-game

It's a love-letter to Sony, to Vita, to PlayStation Mobile. Oh, Deer! That's what it's called.

Oh, Deer! looks like OutRun 1, plays like OutRun 2006, apparently. It simply plays like OutRun to me. The idea of the game is to drift your station wagon into lines of deer, or completely avoid them, racking up points as you clear timed checkpoints. It's weird but familiar, and it's snappy and fun.

What makes it more special is the music from Motohiro Kawashima. Who?! That's sort of the point. Not many people know he did the music for retro beat-'em-up Streets of Rage 3

"And there was this one part of our conversation that actually made me get a little misty[-eyed]," he goes on. "We were talking about money and I was like, 'Listen, we're an independent developer, we don't have a lot of money, we aren't going to be able to pay you that much.' And he's like, 'Don't worry about it - I'm just happy that someone's asking me to make music again.'

With any luck it should be a couple of weeks away, at which time I encourage you to buy it, all 49 cents of it. Further down the line, if enough people like it, the game may expand and come to other platforms such as Vita (natively) or PS4 or PC.

Really hope it gets a native release down the line.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

This is a genuine list of thinks I abide when I buy games for portables.

I like collecting my games as much as I like playing them, and for me digital stuff have no collection value, so when I came to the topic expecting to find something worthy of buying and when I scrolled down to see mostly indies and PSN games you can't imagine my disappointment.
Also, since I own a PS3 and a PS4, I have the the tendency to buy the version of a game that appear to be the most ideal. My best hope for a portable console, was that it would get some retail release of some indies that would feel awkward comming on a home console, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the Vita.
Vita's Wifi connection doesn't reach all the way to my room, while other devices I own do, so to play Vita online I have to join the rest of the family just to sit in a corner and play, plus when outside where portable consoles originally intended to be played, a Wifi connection is not a given. Besides that, I'm no longer in middle or high or even college to have various people in my circle caring portable consoles to play even local multiplayer.

So my tastes say...
No huge emphasis on online multiplayer, No digital and no games I can find much better ports on my other platforms.
I started scrolling full of excitement, and then I found out that there are very few stuff to buy in that giant list.
It makes me very sad.
Unless they have a deal with sony indies have no reason to do exclusive games on vita or any other platform, they are small teams that need all the money they can get.

Again what's "better" or "superior" is relative, portability and better dpad make vita the best way to play multis and ports(unless we are talking about sony ports... ugh) for me and many others, especially indies because they have no improvements on home consoles, they are not "better" or "superior" at all on home consoles.

Again you prefer to play games on console and it's fine, but at the same time i prefer to play every game on vita but i don't say that the same indies on ps3 or 4 don't count because i know that there are people like you that prefer to play them on home consoles or don't have vita, do you understand the difference?

Your tastes and preferences are yours and not universal. Should i feel sad looking at a ps4 list of games because MOST of them are multi with vita, xb1 and pc? Using your way to look at lists i should be really sad, but i'm not because i give to games the right value.

Oh, Deer! sounds like it's going to be a blast. Well worth reading the full write-up at Eurogamer, especially for the story about how Motohiro Kawashima got on board for the soundtrack.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-05-oh-deer-its-the-last-playstation-mobile-game

Really hope it gets a native release down the line.
It looks awesome! But i don't like killing poor deers :( but for 49 cents i'll give it a try....

CHUl8ctUsAA19cc.jpg

So, Playstation Germany tweeted this. Out of all questions, this specific one. I believe it says "Will the Vita content be announced at E3?" with Ja's winning. I know, it's the E3 week, and we take every single tweet as a hint or a tease, but still. It gives me hope.

There are going to be many broken hearts :(

Yeah but what's weird is Official Playstation Germany account tweeting this. Why this specific question only? To make fun of hopeful Vita fans?

They didn't only have this quesion. They had several other polls. I'm pretty sure it's just the German community manager having some fun.

KiteGr

Unless they have a deal with sony indies have no reason to do exclusive games on vita or any other platform, they are small teams that need all the money they can get.

Again what's "better" or "superior" is relative, portability and better dpad make vita the best way to play multis and ports(unless we are talking about sony ports... ugh) for me and many others, especially indies because they have no improvements on home consoles, they are not "better" or "superior" at all on home consoles.

Again you prefer to play games on console and it's fine, but at the same time i prefer to play every game on vita but i don't say that the same indies on ps3 or 4 don't count because i know that there are people like you that prefer to play them on home consoles or don't have vita, do you understand the difference?

Your tastes and preferences are yours and not universal. Should i feel sad looking at a ps4 list of games because MOST of them are multi with vita, xb1 and pc? Using your way to look at lists i should be really sad, but i'm not because i give to games the right value.
I love playing games on my Vita as long as it's equally good as it's console counterpart.
I would LOVE for example to play Broken Age and Bastion among other indies, but I encounter the same obstacle that I encountered on their home console counterpart. They are not in Retail form!

Other games that might be equally as good graphically and yet I avoid them on a portable console are those that don't take into account the portable console's weaknesses.
For example: after playing Street Fighter Apha 3 Max on the PSP and trying SFxT on the Vita I know that Portable consoles are not fit for fighting games. Their controllers are not fit for that level of play, and these games are best played locally with friends, which is very hard to set up as everyone must own a Vita and the game. Those games will never be as good as their console counterpart, no mater how much better their graphics are and how much extra content they have.

As for my tastes for wanting my games physical, I might not be as much of a minority as you think. This focus on digital is IMO a big reason that drives away new and casual gamers. They made the console and the process of playing a game more complex that it should be, and uninformed casuals still judge a console by going to the store and look at the games there. Also I believe that children who play mobile crap on their cellphones using their mother's accounts don't want to deal with the process of learning yet another interface on a different console. As a result, N3DS where there are lots of retail tripleA children-friendly games thrives, while the Vita suffers as it's audience is primary us hardcore guys who write in these forums.

I love playing games on my Vita as long as it's equally good as it's console counterpart.
I would LOVE for example to play Broken Age and Bastion among other indies, but I encounter the same obstacle that I encountered on their home console counterpart. They are not in Retail form!

Why does a Vita game not having a physical release (exactly like how it is on home sonles as you pointed out) make it inferior to home console versions?

Edit: Might have misunderstood your example, I apologize if that is the case.

Why does a Vita game not having a physical release (exactly like how it is on home sonles as you pointed out) make it inferior to home console versions?

Edit: Might have misunderstood your example, I apologize if that is the case.

I *think* KiteGr's point is that they'd rather go for the console edition if they're both digital, whereas having a retail vita copy would cement that as the best option.

I guess kinda like I did with Child of Light, which actually did get a legit retail version on Vita for some unknowable reason.

It's not a Vita game yet, but Regalia, an SRPG on kickstarter, has just met it's initial funding target with 19 days left to go, and a Vita version is a stretch goal.

Is it? Nothing up to 70k has a Vita version.

edit: Nvm, just read the replies in the thread. So it is a stretch goal, but we have no idea how much?

CamHostage

This is a genuine list of thinks I abide when I buy games for portables...

So my tastes say...
It makes me very sad.

Not taking you wrong. Saying instead, there are plenty of other places to take that distaste for what the Vita is failing to offer. This thread is about what it is offering.

Look, maybe there's an overabundance in this thread of "Woot, how can anybody be missing out on this incredible library!", that'll happen when a group of interested parties get into a room (or thread) and talk on a like-minded subject. But I think the point of this thread is, "Here are all these games coming out for this platform. Did you know about them? What games are you interested in?" That's all. And for the fervent Vita fanbase, that's valuable and exciting. Yes, had the stars aligned differently, Vita could have been in a very different place, but that's not reality. Where Vita ended up instead, however, is still interesting as a gamer's market to a group of people, and here's a thread for all of them.

Ideally this list will give people ideas of several games that they may want to check out on their Vitas, or finally take the plunge and invest in a Vita for a selection of titles that may make the hardware desirable to them. Complaints about Vita games that don't exist can go fill up some other thread or forum about things that are not things.

This focus on digital is IMO a big reason that drives away new and casual gamers. They made the console and the process of playing a game more complex that it should be, and uninformed casuals still judge a console by going to the store and look at the games there. Also I believe that children who play mobile crap on their cellphones using their mother's accounts don't want to deal with the process of learning yet another interface on a different console.

Somehow I doubt any of this is a major or even minor hurdle. There's nothing complex about the process of playing a digital game on Vita. You're talking an entire generation of kids nowadays who are growing up with PCs/tablets and smartphones with twitter/FB/youtube accounts, and can flip through each as effortlessly as chewing gum. Generally we're being acclimatized to digital goods and services across multiple storefronts and interfaces. Of all the reasons I've seen for why the masses didn't buy Vita, the above wouldn't be one of them IMO.

Moobabe

Somehow I doubt any of this is a major or even minor hurdle. There's nothing complex about the process of playing a digital game on Vita. You're talking an entire generation of kids nowadays who are growing up with PCs/tablets and smartphones with twitter/FB/youtube accounts, and can flip through each as effortlessly as chewing gum. Generally we're being acclimatized to digital goods and services across multiple storefronts and interfaces. Of all the reasons I've seen for why the masses didn't buy Vita, the above wouldn't be one of them IMO.

Didn't the reports for Gamestop show that they still account for something like 40% of game sales in the US (someone can check that) - that's still an enormous amount of the market. When Vita doesn't get shelf space at a number of big stores - here in the UK it has extremely small sections in our Game stores and minimal (if any) presence in supermarkets - then people don't see it and, despite what we might think, there's still an enormous amount of people buying their games in brick and mortar stores.

Now I'm not saying that that's why the Vita has failed - but having minimal presence in these places certainly hasn't helped.

Didn't the reports for Gamestop show that they still account for something like 40% of game sales in the US (someone can check that) - that's still an enormous amount of the market. When Vita doesn't get shelf space at a number of big stores - here in the UK it has extremely small sections in our Game stores and minimal (if any) presence in supermarkets - then people don't see it and, despite what we might think, there's still an enormous amount of people buying their games in brick and mortar stores.

Now I'm not saying that that's why the Vita has failed - but having minimal presence in these places certainly hasn't helped.

I'm not sure exactly what gamestop report you're referring. That said, the other poster( unless I misunderstood) was speaking to the difficulty of accessing the digital library on Vita, having to learn another interface, etc etc. I'm only saying its not rocket science to gain access to the vita psn store and games, so I really can't see that being a barrier. The lack of store presence is a separate matter from the 'complexity' of accessing the software through psn.

Moobabe

I'm not sure exactly what gamestop report you're referring. That said, the other poster( unless I misunderstood) was speaking to the difficulty of accessing the digital library on Vita, having to learn another interface, etc etc. I'm only saying its not rocket science to gain access to the vita psn store and games, so I really can't see that being a barrier. The lack of store presence is a separate matter from the 'complexity' of accessing the software through psn.

There was a report thread a few weeks back - but sorry, I didn't see the person you were responding to. Yeah - it's not complex at all.

KiteGr

I think you underestimate the chore that is to invest on more than one services.
In the past, portable consoles where all about "put the thing inside and play". Playing a game was as simple as owning the console and the cartridge. In Nintendo consoles, despite them supporting digital purchases now, it's still as simple, with the game launching Icon being the first option you see shaped as a cartridge, while in Vita you have to look for the well hidden cartridge port, install it, then look for the game in this App-style menu among all the other similar looking apps, deal with all the other notifications that a 8 year old wont know what they do (wile an adult will be simply annoyed), and finally play a game that is very unlikely to be casual-friendly and good at the same time.
There is a reason Nintendo has so many hardcore fans despite having shitty hardware, and that's because both their consoles and their games are designed as Ideal starting points for new gamers!
I'm 29 years old, and If I ever have children I want them to grow up with proper games, rather those mobile junk, but as much as I like Sony, I wont be able to bring my self on getting them a Vita, as I know that they'll find it confusing and there won't be any games for them.

The simpler a console is, the better!
If you want complicated stuff, such as Accounts, DLCs, Apps and other gimmicks, they'll have to be Extras for children who are willing one day to explore the console. Not being forced to go through them so you can play it!

I think you underestimate the chore that is to invest on more than one services.
In the past, portable consoles where all about "put the thing inside and play". Playing a game was as simple as owning the console and the cartridge. In Nintendo consoles, despite them supporting digital purchases now, it's still as simple, with the game launching Icon being the first option you see shaped as a cartridge, while in Vita you have to look for the well hidden cartridge port, install it, then look for the game in this App-style menu among all the other similar looking apps, deal with all the other notifications that a 8 year old wont know what they do (wile an adult will be simply annoyed), and finally play a game that is very unlikely to be casual-friendly and good at the same time.
There is a reason Nintendo has so many hardcore fans despite having shitty hardware, and that's because both their consoles and their games are designed as Ideal starting points for new gamers!
I'm 29 years old, and If I ever have children I want them to grow up with proper games, rather those mobile junk, but as much as I like Sony, I wont be able to bring my self on getting them a Vita, as I know that they'll find it confusing and there won't be any games for them.

!

Ok, you're going from the 'complexity' of accessing games, to design issues( the hidden cart port?! Thats a new one....), the kinds of games available on Nintendo systems versus what Vita offers, 'mobile junk..... With due respect your post is all over the place as to what you're trying to express.

Really, overall you're overstating things just a tad. I don't see the apps interface on the vita screen as being any more a nuisance or hindrance as interfacing with apps on a modern tablet or smartphone. The average 10 year old can figure out an ipad in a few mins.

Anyways, as mentioned earlier, this thread really is more about whats coming up for Vita fans. Its really a thread made by a vita fan for vita fans. There's plenty of other places to dissect why the vita 'failed' and other issues. Let's not take the thread off track from its premise. Peace?

Skyzard

Banned
It's hilarious how people will try to convince others they chose wrong.

I can already play that game elsewhere, on my massive non-portable device, connected to a whole bunch of stuff! Why would I want it on a handheld - although I'm clearly interested in handhelds.
Oh that console quality (incredible for a portable) game is a bit worse on the handheld (but still better than most games run on other dedicated handhelds and they're even simpler).
Oh I want a handheld that has completely different games to the console counterpart, but this doesn't count because. And that isn't the same because...
But I can only get this game on this device! It's not actually that good but it's all mine!

Just gets embarrassingly hypocritical as time goes on.

Top Bottom