• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Wiggy

Another vita Assasin's Creed Chronicles listing

http://www.xtralife.es/playstation-4/assassins-creed-chronicles-pack/19199

Says release date is November 19th, includes china, russia and India.

Has box art too
portada19198.jpeg

Wiggy

Well that's interesting. Chronicles may be the first Assassin's Creed related product I've been interested in since the second. Should work pretty well on Vita, hope this turns out to be true.

Yeah same, Liberation sold pretty well and there have been lots of rumours so I'd almost surprised if it's not true at this point. Though i wonder why they haven't officially said anything about it yet...

Has box art too
portada19198.jpeg

Awesome, I will totally will buy it and I'm not too informed on this games but I hope its a complete package with all additional DLC included in the cartridge. Ubisoft has been pretty awesome with the Vita, I hope this sells well and they bring over to the Vita Valiant Hearts like they did for Child of Light :D

Faustek

I actually enjoyed AssCreed LIberation. Haven't finished it yet though, I mean come on. I have like a Scrooge McDuck vault filled with games(not Vita only) I need to finish and I try to finish them all at the same time ^^

Anyway, will pick this up as well :)

Should I get a Vita everyone? I own a PS4 and PS3. I've had PS plus for a while now and have like 50+ Vita games.

Not sure where to even start looking lol

incpdo

Yup. I love JRPGs. I'm not sure about P4G though. Hows the combat?
Jrpg wise the combat is genéric but the game is one of the best jrpg ever easily on the top 10. At least for me. This versión has enough content to buy a vita for it more if you never played persona 4. In my case even when i did play persona 1 , 2 and 3 it was this installment the fiesta one i have finished. Im a big fan of ajrpgs and tradicional ones. This is a tradicional jrpg that feels updated and really fresh. It also contains some really nice extras. This is tho. My poor and subjective point of view of what you should do. If you like jrpgs . buy it!

Jrpg wise the combat is genéric but the game is one of the best jrpg ever easily on the top 10. At least for me. This versión has enough content to buy a vita for it more if you never played persona 4. In my case even when i did play persona 1 , 2 and 3 it was this installment the fiesta one i have finished. Im a big fan of ajrpgs and tradicional ones. This is a tradicional jrpg that feels updated and really fresh. It also contains some really nice extras. This is tho. My poor and subjective point of view of what you should do. If you like jrpgs . buy it!

I understand. I appreciate the response. Have you played Tales of Hearts R at all?

Would you be getting one just for P4G? There are several other great JRPGs if you're not sure about P4G, I'd say it's a worthy platform for someone that loves JRPGs.

No not just for P4G. I have a PS4 so I'd be able to use it for Remote play. Plus I've always wanted to play Uncharted Golden Abyss. And I have a ton of Vita games from having PS plus.

Underwhelming. Since you got a ps3 maybe give Persona 4 a shot? Its on sale.

Cool. Had no idea. Will check it out. Thanks!

incpdo

I understand. I appreciate the response. Have you played Tales of Hearts R at all?

No not just for P4G. I have a PS4 so I'd be able to use it for Remote play. Plus I've always wanted to play Uncharted Golden Abyss. And I have a ton of Vita games from having PS plus.

Cool. Had no idea. Will check it out. Thanks!
Not the best tales , not the worst. It is fun. As an action jrpg delivers what is expected but does not surprise at all. If you can live with that is a fun game to play. Do not expect too much of it or you'll be disappointed.

CamHostage

Well that's interesting. Chronicles may be the first Assassin's Creed related product I've been interested in since the second. Should work pretty well on Vita, hope this turns out to be true.

Very excited that this is happening (or at least appears to be,) as I couldn't believe there wasn't a Vita version when they announced the AC Chronicles games. Nice little 2.5D mid-sized game work wonders on portables. Climax Studios knows its way around Vita (their Resogun and Dead Nation don't get many thanks but I found them really nice and plenty satisfying for somebody without a PS4,) so even though it's on UE3 (which has been shaky on Vita, though the problems are more complex than just blaming the engine,) I'm hopeful it turns out well.

And it's cool to see a renewed interest in retail for Vita. They're not pushing first-run releases, but quality games like Child of Light and Hotline Miami or shared-with-console side games like AC Chronicles (and AC Liberation before it, even though that one started as a Vita exclusive I'm not ashamed to share if Vita support remains a key component,) that outside-AAA market in either indies or known brands is what I was hoping Vita would pick up on when exclusive titles started to fall out.

Anyway, OT, here's a Resi Revelations 2 Vita trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY-gJIMixL8

Weird that this hasn't made the rounds.

Looks like the developer had to scale back significantly (although video of Dead Nation Vita also looked like it was grossly underperforming yet it looked just fine on the system so I'd like to see it live to see if there's a contrast issue with the recording.) Nothing much is like it on Vita, but I was hoping this would turn out without much compromise and would be a decent calling card for the system like Borderlands 2 was. I plan to check it out and hope for the best.

Ryan95

It's not exactly Vita news, but it could be: Bamco newly created italian account has teased some big news forJapan Expo this weekend
h1etm26.jpg

The tweet essentially says:"At Japan Expo we're going to announce a long waited big news. Fans of the series are going to be happy"

What are your speculations? My bet is Digimon Story:Cyber Sleuth after the successful petion being noticed by Bamco

It's not exactly Vita news, but it could be: Bamco newly created italian account has teased some big news forJapan Expo this weekend
h1etm26.jpg

The tweet essentially says:"At Japan Expo we're going to announce a long waited big news. Fans of the series are going to be happy"

What are your speculations? My bet is Digimon Story:Cyber Sleuth after the successful petion being noticed by Bamco

DIGIMOOOOON

18-Volt

h1etm26.jpg

If they announce Cyber Sleuth only for PS4, I'm gonna be so mad.

And if they skip God Eater 2 announcement, I'm gonna be even madder.

Get your shit together Namco and localize everything you have released for Japan. We want Ray Gigant and Tokyo Ghoul too.

Should I get a Vita everyone? I own a PS4 and PS3. I've had PS plus for a while now and have like 50+ Vita games.

Sure, if only as a companion device to Ps3/4 its worth it. Library is subjective as far as taste, but since you already have a large selection of games via Ps plus I'd say it definitely worth owning. See if you can get one on sale for $160 or so...

Jrpg wise the combat is genéric but the game is one of the best jrpg ever easily on the top 10.

Persona 4 combat is generic? I mean, it's not the greatest thing ever, but between the persona switching and the weakness exploiting mechanics, I thought it was one of the better and more interesting turn based systems out there.

Absolutely, yes. You already have a huge library the minute you get it with more to come if you stay subscribed. And having both of the other PS consoles enhances the experience -- PS3 for content management and PS4 for remote play.

It's still odd to me that Sony hasn't brought the tethering/content management features for Vita to the PS4... wtf.

So... like 90% of the other animes.

I'm not even kidding.
"All Anime is trash" meme exists for a reason right :p there's a bunch of good stuff every season, Seraph was one of Spring's rotten apples though. It is only fitting that the game is turn based. They had to match the speed of those epic powerpoint slid- *ahem* I mean action scenes.

Fady K

Missing you folks!! I read through all the pages since the last big update of mine and you guys are FUN. Period. Also, such a pleasure to see a handful of new Vita owners here :)!! I'm desperate to finish the new update of mine which covers almost 80 games (yes, eighty!!). Ho boy, will try to finish it in the next 7 days with a dose of updates every day. For now, I wanted to respond to a few of you and quickly update the new releases that I haven't updated since!

Operation Abyss and Lego Jurassic World already hit since my last update! As for the new stuff that came out yesterday, here you go! (All four of the below look quite cool, still can't believe we got J-Stars Victory VS + in English. Anyone played Whispering Willows? It looks *great*!!)

Hoping to have another "meatier" update for you guys tomorrow. Stay tuned ^^

NEW ATTRACTIONS

Whispering Willows
4EjrRS1.jpg

J-Stars Victory VS +
4lvRQRL.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Century
671cFrA.jpg

Samurai Warriors Chronicle 3
5mmciNj.jpg

COMING SOON

Ar No Surge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star
lmeZIm9.jpg

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess
YIFMAs8.jpg

Squares
xWevH6Zl.jpg

Even if i don't comment i always read the updates ;)

I'm sorry to crush your dreams but that's not how the game looks, in fact unless i missed something there's not even a single screen of the game, that image is an artwork.

Glad that you do at the very least and I hope you enjoy them all the time :)

Haha, I know - I wish it ended up looking anywhere near that good. Still, the team behind it is ace, cautiously optimistic that they'll deliver a great looking and playing game :D A Koji Igarashi castlevania-like game is long overdue...

Another awesome update Fady. I've started catching up with my Vita games now, its practically the only platform I've touched in the last 4 days...

I'm even more hyped for Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls now. Almost done with my first playthrough and its been incredibly difficult to put it down!

Thank you Shadowman :) It is truly a very accessible platform huh? Just imagine it got more support from big developers (a man can dream). Oh you're almost done with the first Danganronpa you mean?

Add Trails of Cold Steel (1 & 2) and Senran Kagura Estival Versus to the list.

Haven't updated since early June, done deal :) Thanks bud.

Thanks Fady K for bringing to my attention Land of No Night. From the screenshots I thought it was a turn based RPG like Neptunia that I don't like, but after seeing the trailer to me it seems like a more action oriented Folklore which I love and now I'm hopping the game get's localized fast. This thread is really good and I should enter more often, so many good Vita games I didn't even know existed!

You are most welcome Serenade_King :) Sure looks fantastic, huh? Ah Folklore, can you believe it's been almost 10 years since that game? (Had great music!!) Fret not, I have a HUGE feeling this will get localized. Plus, it's Koei Tecmo, who have a GREAT track record when it comes to localizing stuff this gen. Enjoy the thread, glad you're liking it! Next update is imminent.

Action Henk has been announced for PS4 and PS Vita! Perfect game for Vita IMO :D

Adding it up with details, thanks Dangerblade. Looks funky! I love speedrunning games :D

I'm considering importing Tokyo Xanadu, someone stop me.

Also, Land of No Night is such an awkward title. That's Siliconera, alright.

I'll stop you - you can bet an English version will be coming. It has to - the game looks too awesome to be ignored by the likes of Xseed games :)

Bloodstained has reached the Vita stretch goal with a week to go! There will also be physical copies and possibly PSTV support, check out update 18 for Armature's ideas on a Vita version.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1254965

Glad to see this is now a reality :)

lol @ Hatoful Boyfriend, looks crazy... in a good way.
I will check it out.

Sequel will be hitting the Vita as well :)

More Vita love:

Trails of Cold Steel (Sen no Kiseki) coming to PS3, Vita in North America, Fall 2015
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1057829

Spike Chunsoft announces Mysterious Chronicle (PS4/Vita) - Remake of One Way Heroics
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1015726

Adding all the details, thank you Yurinka :)

It seems that a port of Unepic (PC/Wii u) for vita and ps4 is in the works. A metroidvania game is always welcome on a handheld.

I was really looking forward to Salt and Sanctuary but it has been so long since the last time I heard about it…

Is Unepic officially hitting the Vita?

Salt & Sanctuary should be fine :) The game was apparently at the Sony booth in E3 and played really well ^^

Super Meat Boy coming to PSV/PS4!

Free on PS+ later this year.

http://supermeatboy.com/159/Better_late_than_never___/#b

Another classic hitting the Vita :)

Any word on a western release of Ray Gigant? The game looks amazing.

I'd wait for the Japanese version to come out first ;D

Just noticed that the list is missing Slain! which is confirmed for release on Vita.

http://www.wolfbrewgames.com/slain

highlands.png

Totally missed this, thank you very much Dannee, will add it up in the list and update :)

This looks great. Grand History on PSV/PS4, a sequel to Grand Knights History on PSP.

JRPG with strategy elements and both an online/offline mode.

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/grand-kn...ounces-tactical-rpg-grand-kingdom-ps4-ps-vita

So much stuff has been announced recently, the PS4/PSV clinging on to life together in Japan, I suppose!

Stunning looking game. Definitely has the potential for localization.

Kenka Bancho is coming back to Playstation:
http://gematsu.com/2015/06/kenka-bancho-shoujo-listed-ps-vita-famitsu

How many of those did we get in the west? Just Badass Rumble?

Thanks Maouvin, adding it up :)

So hey, this game which has been on the 'coming soon' list forever actually launched today! It's a PlayStation Mobile release. I think it'll be on Steam and iOS soon too.

Old trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm4RGMyEwM4

Oh that sucks that it's a PSM game since it'll expire soon. I wonder why they didn't release it as a native Vita game instead.

Did I miss some page or something? Nobody cares for the new djmax's team game? It is an exclusive for the console and it is retail too. So I think this guys deserve some credit

Can't believe I didn't add that one. Thanks friend! Will give it the proper respect it deserves on my update and list :)

Curve Digital's announced Pumped BMX +, an upgraded port of Pumped BMX 2 on mobile. Looks fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3JQIcK6MN4

KfpCezMl.png

jlukAHbl.jpg

Thanks Infernal Monkey! I'll borrow one of your images for the main list if you don't mind :D

The best part is when the camera pulled away from the screen to instead show the crowd during that three-second-long Vita montage. ᐛ

I loved the Sony conference but as a Vita lover that part was hilariously bad :/ They could have had a far, FAR better montage of upcoming Vita games. Heck, they barely had 10 games from my upcoming Vita game list!

Thanks calc84maniac, adding it up :)

This was one of the Vita surprises, looks really charming!! Thanks :)

RONIN is coming to Vita. Game looks fucking amazing. I don't know if it was always known that a Vita version was coming or not prior to the Sony Press Conference.

Sure does! Devolver is a kick ass Vita supporter.

Gamescom will have little to nothing for the Vita, Anime Expo is your best bet.

There will be TGS and Paris Games Expo almost back to back. Hopefully we'll get a few things to cheer about Vita-wise!

It's a shame that Death's Gambit and Eitr won't come to Vita. These games would fit so well on it. :/

Hope this is not a tendency, my Vita needs that indie fix.

They seem like great fits for the Vita though, wonder if the devs are considering it after the PS4 releases.

So, I've got some insider news that the dev of Mother Russia Bleeds (a sort of super brutal Streets of Rage) is going to ask Devolver Digital to get their PS4-game published on the Vita as well!

E3 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7wABpMF1S8

Great news, Devolver will likely deliver, as always on the Vita :)

Gust announces Atelier Sophie for PS3/PSV/PS4

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1068815

I've often been tempted to try one of these, maybe I will next time they are on sale.

I would love to try this series sometime, I just don't know where to begin -_- Adding it up, thanks buddy.

NIS also anoounced a new horror game Yomawari

"Lost in darkness, a girl attempts to find her sister and their dog."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1068839

It seems the Vita version of Galak-Z is not really a sure thing anymore. It's not mentioned in any E3 material and questions about it are ignored on twitter. There was an interview about it that basically said "maybe later"

Please, please come out in English (Yomawari)!!

Punchline's video game is announced to be coming to PS4 and Vita, apparently the game and the anime have different endings (The anime is ending this Thursday). Famitsu link (Japanese)

Thanks Funyarinpa :)

God Eater Resurrection is coming to Vita (and PS4) as well.

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/god-eater-resurrection-announced

It's an updated version of the first GE:RB.

Hopefully we get a GE game in the west someday again! Nevertheless, promising stuff. Thanks Saphirax ^^

Hey man 'sup ? Your updates are missed here but the thread is breathing new games every week. Praise the vitaaa!!! Too much . yeah ...but seriously praise it!!! Haha

Hey buddy! Thanks for the kind words. Yes, seriously! Looking at the list of stuff to update the thread with in the last 20 days alone since my last update is giving me a headache in a good way :D So much awesome stuff to add!!

Hey Fady_K, any chance of a tidy-up of the front page as he first dozen or so are out now? :D

Yes buddy, definitely. I'm working on a huuuuuge update - I will have updates on 76 games - that's right - SEVENTY SIX (Gosh there is so much stuff hitting the Vita <3!!) I may update on a daily basis throughout the week :D

Haha! Man, I know some gamers who will actually go nuts for this!!

Dungeon crawler with zombie waifus anyone?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mrtired/undead-darlings-no-cure-for-love

Made by ex NISA staff

Vita stretch goal at $225k

Looks interesting but it certainly doesn't seem to be doing too well so far >_< (funding-wise)

Has box art too
portada19198.jpeg

Yes. Plz. Plzzz be real <3

Of a similar rumour vein, English trophies for Metropolis Defenders are listed:

http://nichegamer.com/2015/06/english-metropolis-defenders-trophies-are-discovered/

Article speculates that this might be one of Aksys' Anime Expo announcements. Hope so, game looks good.

But hope is slipping away for someone to announce Ukiyo no Roushi localization :'(

Hope for another localization, out of nowhere :D

Another day, another Vita game: http://gematsu.com/2015/07/seraph-end-ps-vita-strategy-rpg-announced

Never heard of the series, but I'm out of the loop regarding anime for quite a while.

Thanks maouvin. Too. Many. Vita. Games. <3 <3 <3

I've played a bit of Whispering Willows. It seems cool, and though I'm only about 30 minutes in, I've already been scared pretty good!

The spirit walk mechanic will probably be a fun way to explore and solve puzzles, and I want to get back to it, but as you said, too many games... :)

From reading other people's experiences with it, supposedly it's identical to the PC/PS4 version, with just a little bit extra on the load times.

Only $10 right now if you have PS+.

Shinriji

My GOTY Taiko is shipping soon, this month already have the BB CP Extend and just preordered P4DANCE.

Then I remember that I have to buy games for PS4 as well, lol.

Thank you Shadowman :) It is truly a very accessible platform huh? Just imagine it got more support from big developers (a man can dream). Oh you're almost done with the first Danganronpa you mean?

Yeah, if the Vita was even getting the kind of support the PSP got (in addition to what its getting already) I'd probably barely touch a console! As it is though I've still got plenty to play for a long time yet!

And yes, I ended up plat'ing Danganrompa in the end. Excellent game. I've moved onto Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 and Ragnarok Odyssey now.

Persona 4 combat is generic? I mean, it's not the greatest thing ever, but between the persona switching and the weakness exploiting mechanics, I thought it was one of the better and more interesting turn based systems out there.

Agreed. It's not Grandia by any means, but it still has a great combat system, a fun post-battle reward card game (not in the PS2 version), and fun leveling mechanics (allies, S-Links, and persona fusing). Just from a gameplay perspective, P4G is definitely in the upper tiers of RPGs and then you add all the other amazing stuff.

Top Bottom