• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

redcrayon

Hey Fady, good to see you back here!

Quick update on the Regalia kickstarter- after storming through the $60k Vita version stretch goal, it's now reached $75k, gaining an even bigger game and voice acting in English. The last stretch goal is an orchestral score at $90k, but with only a little over a day to go, I think that might be a stretch.

I'm really excited about it, looks fantastic and I love the way they responded to feedback about the initially empty, simplistic battle maps.

wilflare

Quick update on the Regalia kickstarter- after storming through the $60k Vita version stretch goal, it's now reached $75k, gaining an even bigger game and voice acting in English. The last stretch goal is an orchestral score at $90k, but with only a little over a day to go, I think that might be a stretch.

I'm really excited about it, looks fantastic and I love the way they responded to feedback about the initially empty, simplistic battle maps.

I backed this KS - hmm was thinking of revising my pledge now haha

Shinriji

Vita reached the 1000th game milestone this week.

As of writing this, Vita have 1004 games released and announced. Now vita is the 10th console with more games of all time (behind PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP, XBOX360, Wii, GBA, DS and 3DS). Next milestone is GBA, with 1074 games released.

OBS - Not counting "The best" rereleases, edutainment software, localizations were counting one time only (even if they have with different names).

Yep, no games.

18-Volt

Quoting myself from the PSN thread.

Namco also will hold a panel at Japan Expo at Paris. They've already announced tons of stuff from there, Tales of Symphonia PC etc. Maybe new stuff are same in those two.

My guesses:
Namco
Digimon Cyber Sleuth PS4/Vita
God Eater 2 Rage Burst PS4/Vita

NIS
Stranger of Sword City
Great Edo Blacksmith
Mystery Chronicle I Won't Back down till I Win (Maybe)

Aksys
Ukiyo no Shishi/Ukiyo no Roushi

Though I want to be surprised by announcements of Ray Gigant from Namco, Kacolle Kai from NIS and Grand Kingdom from Aksys.

As of writing this, Vita have 1004 games released and announced. Now vita is the 10th console with more games of all time (behind PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP, XBOX360, Wii, GBA, DS and 3DS). Next milestone is GBA, with 1074 games released.

OBS - Not counting "The best" rereleases, edutainment software, localizations were counting one time only (even if they have with different names).

Yep, no games.

Saturn has more than 1000 games (just in Japan, not counting western exclusives)

Yasumi

Banned
Namco also will hold a panel at Japan Expo at Paris. They've already announced tons of stuff from there, Tales of Symphonia PC etc. Maybe new stuff are same in those two.
If I'm reading the schedule right, they're having a panel right now, with about 20 minutes left. Then they're having a second one on the 4th, around 5:30am-7am eastern time.

L.O.R.D

It's not exactly Vita news, but it could be: Bamco newly created italian account has teased some big news forJapan Expo this weekend
h1etm26.jpg

The tweet essentially says:"At Japan Expo we're going to announce a long waited big news. Fans of the series are going to be happy"

What are your speculations? My bet is Digimon Story:Cyber Sleuth after the successful petion being noticed by Bamco

i think its "tale of" game

Klart

Yep, no games.

Sweet. Passing GBA won't be a problem. Where do you find these stats?

kurahador

I don't think it's very likely, unfortunately. Shame really- I never got on with Tales in my previous attempts with the series (Symphonia, Abyss), but Hearts won me over in the end.

That's unfortunate. I thought it sold well enough because the retail version is hard to find.

18-Volt

If I'm reading the schedule right, they're having a panel right now, with about 20 minutes left. Then they're having a second one on the 4th, around 5:30am-7am eastern time.

It does sound like so, announcements are still coming - but none of them is for Vita for now. Saint Seiya, SAO Hollow Fragment PS4, Naruto Storm 4 etc. This wait is going to kill me. Just spill it, namco.

Link please? The biggest list that I found of Saturn games clocks at 917, and Xbox games at 969.

satakore.com, which is down actually and I don't know why

I signed with their site cause I'm collecting Saturn games and owning almost 300 titles I can't remember evey single name, but I'm sure they listed more than 1,000 titles for japanese market

anyway, segaretro also have this statement : "Its success in Japan led to over 1000 Saturn games being released, most of which were exclusive to the Japanese market. It is estimated that more than half of the library was not released in western regions."

link

Shinriji

satakore.com, which is down actually and I don't know why

I signed with their site cause I'm collecting Saturn games and owning almost 300 titles I can't remember evey single name, but I'm sure they listed more than 1,000 titles for japanese market

anyway, segaretro also have this statement : "Its success in Japan led to over 1000 Saturn games being released, most of which were exclusive to the Japanese market. It is estimated that more than half of the library was not released in western regions."

link

Interesting, bookmarked. Segaretro have 1142 different games, but I notice some "best price" games and bundles (but less than 20, anyway). Vita should pass Saturn within this year at the current pace.

Fady K

Some more things I missed in the last few weeks, enjoy! Hopefully another update to come tomorrow :)

NEW ADDITIONS

* Action Henk (thanks dangerblade!) - developed by Ragesquid (debut title) and published by Curve Studios. A 2D runner where you play as an action figure trying to relive former glories. Think of Toy Story X Sonic. Announcement trailer here.
18239801910_51e71a84e1_b.jpg

18239689868_cdd31442f8_b.jpg

18241331259_df8814aa9d_b.jpg

* Super Meat Boy (thanks redcrayon!) was a very big hit on Xbox 360. This classic from Team Meat will be hitting Vitas (FREE for PS+ users at LAUNCH). For those not in the know, SMB is a hardcore 2D platformer: and by hardcore I mean one of the hardest 2D games you'll have played in years. Announcement trailer here!
17841998673_f75d73c761_z.jpg

18274870488_6197321b19_z.jpg

* Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (thanks redcrayon) is a beautiful and VERY promising game coming from former-Castlevania series veteran Koji Igarashi (he was heavily involved with Castlevania Symphony of the Night, all the DS castlevanias, some of the Gameboy Advance ones as well!!). Most of you in this forum have heard of it now and likely know that the Vita stretch goal has been MET. The game will have cross-save and touch screen support on the Vita version. Also - it will be getting a physical version :) Check out some off-screen gameplay.
xlxibB4.jpg

NEW LOCALIZATIONS

* The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (thanks Shizuka & Yurinka!) - Xseed Games is localizing this great entry of Nihon Falcom's series (Xseed also confirmed that they will be localizing part 2 - yes, both parts 1 and 2!). NIS America will be releasing the European version. This one looks quite great and RPG fans should definitely be happy about this one. Cross save with the PS3 version is confirmed. The game is due this fall. Enjoy some screens.
LoH-Sen-West-Fall-2015.jpg

The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-of-Cold-Steel_2015_06-05-15_001.jpg_600.jpg

The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-of-Cold-Steel_2015_06-05-15_003.png_600.jpg

COLDSTEEL_thumb.jpg

art-001.jpg

image_thumb23.png

image_thumb25.png

*Senran Kagura: Estival Versus - the latest chapter in the all-female ninja series is coming to the Vita this fall in English thanks to Xseed Games. The game will support up to 4 players. Enjoy some screens!
Senran-Kagura-Estival-Versus_2015_06-05-15_003.png_600.jpg

Senran-Kagura-Estival-Versus_2015_06-05-15_002.jpg_600.jpg

Zl2JClq.jpg

RELEASE DATE UPDATES

*Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend - the 2D fighter from Aksys Games and Arc System Online will officially hit on July 28, 2015. Another fine looking fighter for the Vita.
New trailer here.
8QNyBzb.jpg

BlazBlue-CPE-Dated-Aksys.jpg

*The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (screen from part one) is due out sometime this summer, Xseed has confirmed.
the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-fc-20100517021111392-3211184_640w.jpg

NEW MEDIA

* Tokyo Xanadu . Here are some new media from Legend of Heroes series developer Nihon Falcom's next big RPG, due in Japan on September 30.
004_r_thumb.jpg

kisekitowa_150623_thumb.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu-Towa-Furage.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu_06-25-15.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu_2015_06-25-15_002.jpg_600.jpg

* Persona 4: Dancing All Night - The game is confirmed for North America and Europe this fall! To celebrate the recent release of the Japanese version (which earned rave reviews in Japan), enjoy some new screens as well some new videos. Video of margaret gameplay. Video of the Japanese special edition. Here's the opening of the game.
20150605_031851_thumb.png

P4D5_thumb.png

P4D1_thumb.png

P4D-Atlus-USA_06-23-15.jpg

* Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Fortress - Bandai Namco's upcoming F2P game is confirmed to be a real time strategy game. Here's a first trailer.
Z7CzlHn.jpg

I've played a bit of Whispering Willows. It seems cool, and though I'm only about 30 minutes in, I've already been scared pretty good!

The spirit walk mechanic will probably be a fun way to explore and solve puzzles, and I want to get back to it, but as you said, too many games... :)

From reading other people's experiences with it, supposedly it's identical to the PC/PS4 version, with just a little bit extra on the load times.

Only $10 right now if you have PS+.

Wow, lovely impressions of the game. Will definitely stay on my radar! Thanks for sharing coredecepts :) Enjoy it!

ahhhh Fady k glad to see you are kickin!!

lovely post my friend!

these look GOOOOD!!!

Likewise @Wreck, good to see you still kicking around in this thread :) Glad you enjoyed it, be sure to check out the daily posts I'll be publishing in the thread throughout the coming days!!

Yeah, if the Vita was even getting the kind of support the PSP got (in addition to what its getting already) I'd probably barely touch a console! As it is though I've still got plenty to play for a long time yet!

And yes, I ended up plat'ing Danganrompa in the end. Excellent game. I've moved onto Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 and Ragnarok Odyssey now.

Seriously! The PSP had excellent support from some big guns that we don't see anymore like Capcom, Konami, SEGA and Square-Enix. Even Sony had plenty of first party games on the platform. Shucks.

Congrats on platinuming Danganronpa!! Enjoy mate :)!

Thank you kindly redcrayon :) Always a pleasure to see you! Great news re: regalia, more Vita love to come :D

Yep, no games.

Whoa

Even if the only platform I had was the Vita, I'd be playing a backlog well into next summer at the very least :0!

Fady K

Some breaking news - Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is coming out officially in English, digitally. Confirmed by Bandai Namco.

18-Volt

That's tomorrow, not today.

I really hope you're right, I really want that surprise God Eater 2 announcement.

Btw, 2016 is really shaping up to be an awesome year for Vita. (Including all the potential localizations) Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Tokyo Xanadu, Trails of Cold Steel, Part 2, Valkyrie Drive, Tag Team Blanc, Luminous Arc, Net High, Grand Kingdom, Land of No Light, Atelier Sophie, Death Under the Labyrinth, World of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest Heroes 2, Operation Babel, Ray Gigant, Night Watch...

Great news on Digimon. I'm holding out on getting a physical release in Europe, or at least getting an Asian English release (and I'll be bothering you Wilflare if that's the case!). If really is a digital only game for the Vita then I'll just make some room on my 64GB card, I'd rather play it on my Vita than on my PS4.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, and it might be old-hat news to some, but I certainly didn't realise this was possible until today when my brain suddenly clicked in and asked "I wonder if I can use my bluetooth-enabled portable speaker with my Vita?'

img_0009vxqdz.jpg

Turns out you can! Just put the speaker into send mode, fire up the Bluetooth settings on the Vita and just connect to it. This is great for me as it means that I don't have to rely on a headset if I'm just playing on the Vita at home.

Who knows, it might help someone else who didn't realise you could do it. Anyway, back to the games! (^^)

img_0013gtq6a.jpg

Did not know you could do this! Thanks for the info!

VLiberty

Yep, no games.

That's amazing! :O we should spread more the word about this!

By the way, is there a way to see the other system's number of games?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Nostatic Software will be porting the 'Quiet, Please!' series (previously released on PlayStation Mobile) to Vita as native PSN titles. https://twitter.com/NostaticSoft/status/613739993727512576

So that's
- Quiet, Please!
- Quiet Christmas
- Vacation Vexation
- Candy, Please!

Not sure if they'll be bundled together or what. Alternatively you can grab all four on PSM right now for a total of three dollars.

rXncDf2.png

Yay. The Quiet series are probably one of the best PSM games.

Faustek

How does the frame-rate compare between Vita and PS3 versions of Cold Steel?

Visually, the games are pretty much exactly the same. PS3 runs at a higher resolution and that's about it.
There are some differences in performance though. Cold Steel on Vita can have major framerate issues during cutscenes that feature tons of particle effects and shit going crazy. It also has longer load times than the PS3 version, though after it got patched it wasn't nearly as bad.

https://m.ask.fm/RyougaSaotome/answers/129244081696

Fady K

What's going on guys? Here's another small update for now. Many more in the pipeline...

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

* Superbeat Xonic (thanks incpdo!) - the next rhythm game from the DJMax folks. Developed by Nurijoy AND coming out in English thanks to PM Studios (publisher of DJMax on Vita) and Acttil. 45 audio tracks, multiple difficulties, official website here,, set for a fall release, coming both digitally AND physically.
levelup.jpg

worldtour2.jpg

9DUYEJ1.jpg

* Ore ni Hatarakette Iwaretemo Tori is a new RPG coming to the Vita in Japan from e-Smile. It's the third part in a series. Not much is known about the game thus far as it was recently announced.
A3HFRLS.jpg

* Grand Kingdom (thanks redcrayon!) - a new fantasy themed turn-based tactical RPG from Spike Chunsoft from the director of the Japan-only awesome RPG Grand Knights History (his studio MonoChro is developing it). It will also support online multiplayer and Vita owners of the game can play online with PS4 owners of the game. The game hits October 22nd in Japan, though I would not be surprised one bit if this beauty of a game gets localized. Here's a debut trailer. and a newer trailer as well.
Grand-Kingdom-Teaser-Site-OP.jpg

51h9RraSiKL_thumb.jpg

Grand-Kingdom-PV1.jpg

20150630_051239.png

Grand-Kingdom-Dated-JP.jpg

Grand-Kingdom_07-01-15_Top.jpg

Grand-Kingdom_2015_07-01-15_001.jpg_600.jpg

Grand-Kingdom_2015_07-01-15_002.jpg_600.jpg

Grand-Kingdom_2015_07-01-15_003.jpg_600.jpg

Grand-Kingdom_2015_07-01-15_005.jpg_600.jpg

* Kenka Bancho Otome (thanks maouvin!) Spike Chunsoft is giving the beat em up series an otome spin with this upcoming Vita release. The game is being developed by Red Entertainment.
KB-Otome-Site-Open.jpg

PLAYSTATION PLUS - JULY 2015

*Playstation Plus members, your Vita games for July 2015 are the puzzle platformer Mousecraft (trailer here), the experimental Entwined (trailer here) and the all new Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved which looks incredible.
mousecraft_screen1.jpg

1402521101-1.jpg

cMkZD7V.jpg

NEW MEDIA

* Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal - Atlus has released a new class-specific trailer for the dungeon RPG. Due out in NA this summer and Europe this fall.
DT2_06-05-15.jpg

dungeon_travelers_2-001.jpg

* Luminous Arc Infinity - Marvelous has released three new character trailers for their upcoming RPG. Check them out. Due out in Japan on August 6th.
rhNEsd8.jpg

* Summon Night 5 - Are you interested in getting a physical version for this strategy RPG that is being brought over by Gaijinworks and Monkeypaw Games? Head to the website and sign up. Only 6,000 signatures needed in total and they are almost at 4,000 already. (For those who don't know about the game, watch this opening video.Should a physical version become a reality, here's what the boxart would look like:
SN5-Cover-med.png

* Deception IV: Nightmare Princess - the updated version of Koei Tecmo's awesome and incredibly fun trap simulator will, as some of you may have heard, contain plenty of new features. Newly revealed by the publisher are new stages and the deception studio. Fans should definitely check it out. The game hits NA on July 14 and Europe on July 17.
Deception-IV_06-09-15.jpg

* Ray Gigant - This dungeon RPG from Bandai Namco/Experience (developer of Vita RPG Demon Gaze) comes out at the end of the month in Japan. Here is a new lengthy trailer. There's an even newer trailer that came out a few days ago. Looks great.
20150522_015208_thumb.png

20150622_031140.png

Ray-Gigant-PV3.jpg

20150630_221008_thumb.png

best day ever.

Was very welcoming news indeed! Nice to see after the fans were very hopeful for it :D

Vita means life. So many games that are stacking up in my back log... Add in the games yet to be? This is an amazing console.

Word!!

Nostatic Software will be porting the 'Quiet, Please!' series (previously released on PlayStation Mobile) to Vita as native PSN titles. https://twitter.com/NostaticSoft/status/613739993727512576

So that's
- Quiet, Please!
- Quiet Christmas
- Vacation Vexation
- Candy, Please!

Not sure if they'll be bundled together or what. Alternatively you can grab all four on PSM right now for a total of three dollars.

rXncDf2.png

Thanks Infernal! Will add this to one of the eventual updates. Glad to see another dev taking their PSM game and making it native for the Vita instead!

Zero Escape 3 (sequel to 999/Virtue's Last Reward) announced for Vita/3DS, summer 2016

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1074656

Awesome. Easily one of the biggest announcements for the Vita this year. One many of us were dreaming for.

Should Trails SC be in that list? Isn't it actually a PSP game?

You mean in the main page list? It's definitely there ;D Couldn't ignore a game this big - especially when it'll be playable on the Vita :D

Nere

Guys what is going on with the resident evil revelations 2 port thought it was going to come out in summer but don't see any release date?

Fady K

Grand Kingdom looks interesting.
As always, thanks for the update.

It does indeed, one of the most interesting upcoming games for the system IMO. Thanks for the kind words friend! I'll try to have the next update ready tonight.

Beautiful update, thanks :)

Thank you so much Stan :) You are most welcome! Hoping to have another update tonight, stay tuned.

Guys what is going on with the resident evil revelations 2 port thought it was going to come out in summer but don't see any release date?

Although details are scarce, fear not - game is definitely coming. The Playstation Blog gave it an update recently that it is progressing and even a physical version has popped up for pre-order in Japan recently I believe. I'll keep you guys posted.

Nekoburo Catsblock tomorrow folks! The game I'm way more excited about than I probably should be, given that it could be a total turd. But what the hey, you only live once.

Top Bottom