• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

New game announced on the PS Blog just now called Myriad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=61&v=2Sc-J7SY9Tw

zXw98aO.jpg

I don't understand it but it looks and sounds awesome

Fady K

Edit - Yiangaruga beat me to it ;D

New Vita game announced a few minutes ago guys: Myriad is a musical shooter coming from Bifrost Entertainment. The official preview courtesy of the official Playstation Blog (with highlights from yours truly)

Erlend Gresfrud said:
Hey, I’m Erlend Grefsrud, and I’m making Myriad on PS4 and PS Vita. It’s my first solo game, published by my company Bifrost Entertainment, and I’m responsible for everything except the music, courtesy of his reverberant majesty Mathias Rudsengen.

Myriad is a beatmatched crystallization of arcade aesthetics. It’s a game that grows more and more beautiful the better you play, where you make and break worlds, control time, and bend space — all for one thing: performance.

Myriad is purely about performance. It’s stark naked, with no story, no obvious meaning at all, just actions and consequences, crisp shapes and you. Everything springs out of your performance.

The game is pretty simple: defeat enemies to build the level you play in. But beware: defeating enemies only multiplies their numbers. Your goal is to blow up the level you built in a glorious chain reaction to clear it of enemies, upgrade your weapons — and do it again. Bigger and better.

As you progress, you make and break bigger and bigger worlds along with ever greater swarms of enemies. All the while, the soundtrack builds around your performance, punctuating events and swelling towards the next explosive crescendo.
You compete to deliver the highest-scoring performance. The current best is showcased right on the title screen where everyone can see it, thanks to Myriad’s replay system.
Every performance is recorded and can be rewinded, meaning Myriad lets you control time. You don’t restart when you die — you just rewind. No game over screen, no breaking the flow, just undo your mistake and keep performing.

Your highest-scoring performances are saved too, so you can share them and enjoy your friends’ best performances — and even participate in them. Any time you watch a replay, you can just resume playing. Myriad puts you in control and lets you carry on the performance.

Myriad is about giving you as much control as possible. You can control space as well as time: every circle can be picked up and moved, whether it’s an enemy or part of the level.
This is Myriad’s purpose: to open possibilities, yield control, get out of the way and let you play — I want your performance to be Myriad’s meaning.
I made it as beautiful as I could. Now it’s your turn to make it more so.

Screens:

19148516580_3a348b5e7c_b.jpg

19330086432_4c908e153a_b.jpg

19340126961_090f2d628c_b.jpg

19148518200_950cd6782f_b.jpg

Nekoburo Catsblock tomorrow folks! The game I'm way more excited about than I probably should be, given that it could be a total turd. But what the hey, you only live once.

I love how the release date popped out of nowhere (a Vita tradition :D). Looks so darn cute.

Moobabe

I've taken a step back from multiplayer games to sink some time into more single player games to finish a few off that have been lingering.

I'm coming for you Persona 4.

OptimusLime

I've taken a step back from multiplayer games to sink some time into more single player games to finish a few off that have been lingering.

I'm coming for you Persona 4.

Hope you have plenty of time on your hands XD
I've been working on P4G off and on for nearly 2 years now.

Cha

Thanks for sharing this Kallisto, I really hope the game does well. It has a great team of developers behind it.

Speaking of Zodiac, here is a new preview for the game thanks to RPGfan.com. Here are some new screens as well:
This looks beautiful, but the preview didn't sound impressive. Looking forward to more opinions and gameplay when it releases.

All teh colours! My eyes are going to bleed, but I want this.
Edit: Just watched the Lance Spread video and Cannon Spread Gameplay. I don't know what's happening, but I am aroused.

Fady K

Good day to you my Vitafriends :D Here's another small update to (hopefully) add to your day :D! I'll try to get another update tomorrow (updated with the releases of this week as well!)

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

* Pumped BMX+ (thanks Infernal Monkey!) is a 2D cycling game from published Curve Digital and developer Yeah Us where you have to face challenges whilst pulling off crazy tricks & stunts (similar to the Vita gamer Urban Trial Freestyle). Check out the trailer.
1kj2OZF.jpg

jlukAHbl.jpg

RELEASE DATE UPDATES

* Volume - the new stealth game from Mike Bithell (of Thomas Was Alone, great game also on the Vita) will be released on August 18th, 2015. New trailer here. Among the cast in this game is Andy Serkis of Lord of the Rings fame among many more (played Gollum).
Volume-Dated-Aug-18.jpg

screen1small-570x293.jpg

* Assault Android Cactus will be hitting Vitas this summer. The game is a twin stick shooter from Witch Beam. Trailer here. Enjoy these screens!
ss_c27231c8bdd72b681ca451c141dfc4bc897ff8b9.1920x1080.jpg

ss_71cede0ab88df52629740fcace506a88cb62c3bd.1920x1080.jpg

ss_bd03ece77e230a71af48c1137879efefb0ec034f.1920x1080.jpg

ss_c950e9e591f7b562e5ecaf23c555e9969a16bd0c.600x338.jpg

NEW MEDIA

*Extreme Dimension Tag Blanc + Neptune VS Zombie Army - Publishers Idea Factory and Compile Heart uploaded a new trailer on the game's website. The game is developed by Tamsoft. The (up to) four player action game is due out in Japan this fall. Also, I don't recall sharing any screens from the game before, so lo and behold:
Neptune-Zombies_06-11-15.jpg

Extreme-Dimension-Tag-Blanc-Neptune-VS-Zombie-Army_2015_06-17-15_001.jpg_600.jpg

Extreme-Dimension-Tag-Blanc-Neptune-VS-Zombie-Army_2015_06-17-15_002.jpg_600.jpg

Extreme-Dimension-Tag-Blanc-Neptune-VS-Zombie-Army_2015_06-17-15_004.jpg_600.jpg

Extreme-Dimension-Tag-Blanc-Neptune-VS-Zombie-Army_2015_06-17-15_005.jpg_600.jpg

Extreme-Dimension-Tag-Blanc-Neptune-VS-Zombie-Army_2015_06-25-15_005.jpg_600.jpg

Extreme-Dimension-Tag-Blanc-Neptune-VS-Zombie-Army_2015_06-25-15_006.jpg_600.jpg

* Shantae: Half Genie Hero - the Shantae series are a very lovely animated 2D platformer from developer Wayforward and the series is finally making its Vita debut. Trailer here.
0ndwsJw.jpg

monkey.jpg

crab.jpg

*Utawareruno: False Mask - Aquaplus revealed new screens and a new the opening movie for their upcoming Vita game. The game is due in Japan on September 24 2015.
6XPpOKx.jpg

Utawarerumono-False-Mask_2015_06-11-15_001.jpg_600.jpg

Utawa-FM-Opening-Movie.jpg

Utawarerumono-False-Mask_2015_06-25-15_003.jpg_600.jpg

Utawarerumono-False-Mask_2015_06-25-15_004.jpg_600.jpg

Utawarerumono-False-Mask_2015_06-25-15_005.jpg_600.jpg

Utawarerumono-False-Mask_2015_06-25-15_008.jpg_600.jpg

Utawarerumono-False-Mask_2015_06-25-15_009.jpg_600.jpg

NEW INFO

* Mighty No. 9 - though no release date has yet surfaced for the Vita version of this Mega Man-inspired 2D platformer from Comcept & Inti Creates, the developers did confirm that the game will be cross buy with the PS4 version, so there's that.
mighty_thumb.jpg

This looks beautiful, but the preview didn't sound impressive. Looking forward to more opinions and gameplay when it releases.

All teh colours! My eyes are going to bleed, but I want this.
Edit: Just watched the Lance Spread video and Cannon Spread Gameplay. I don't know what's happening, but I am aroused.

Hello there Cha - yes, the preview doesn't sound promising at all. The game looks awesome though so I hope it can redeem itself before release :)

Myriad looks nuts!

Another awesome update Fady. I'm hoping the delay on Mighty Number 9 will make it as good of port as possible, as having the game on a handheld will be awesome.

Geometry Wars 3 is a brilliant port as well, been playing the open levels last night and I'm really happy at all the content packed into the game, as well as the fact that it runs flawlessly.

Looking forward to getting my Taiko Drum Master import in a week or two, I've not played much of the series bar its brief appearance in Yakuza 5 but I loved what I played. Plus this one has DLC music from Megaman 2 so that's good.

Fady K

Dragon Quest Builders (looks like it's aimed at the growing Minecraft community in Japan)

http://www.dragonquest.jp/builders/sp/

GAF thread:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1076798&page=1

Oh my God. A Dragon Quest game on the Vita. Never thought I'd see the day. I don't care that it's a minecraft-like spinoff, this is big.

Thanks red, will add it shortly :)

Another awesome update Fady. I'm hoping the delay on Mighty Number 9 will make it as good of port as possible, as having the game on a handheld will be awesome.

Geometry Wars 3 is a brilliant port as well, been playing the open levels last night and I'm really happy at all the content packed into the game, as well as the fact that it runs flawlessly.

Looking forward to getting my Taiko Drum Master import in a week or two, I've not played much of the series bar its brief appearance in Yakuza 5 but I loved what I played. Plus this one has DLC music from Megaman 2 so that's good.

Thank you kindly Shadowman16 :) Next update lands tonight God willing. Hopefully the Might No. 9 port will land a few weeks later at mos.

I look forward to trying out my free copy of Geometry Wars! PS + rocks <3

Do share your impressions of Taiko when you get it. The game has soooo much content!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Oh my God. A Dragon Quest game on the Vita. Never thought I'd see the day. I don't care that it's a minecraft-like spinoff, this is big.

Thanks red, will add it shortly :)
Dragon Quest Heroes 2(a musou-like game) is also on vita ;)

VLiberty

Curve Digital is on crack. They're currently porting to Vita:

Ultratron
Four Sided Fantasy
Pumped BMX+
Action Henk
The Swindle
Nova-111

and they've already released Stealth inc 2 this year.

Fady K

Dragon Quest Heroes 2(a musou-like game) is also on vita ;)

Oh yeah! Wish the updated version of Dragon Quest VIII would hit the Vita as well, would be beneficial for Square-Enix IMO

Curve Digital is on crack. They're currently porting to Vita:

Ultratron
Four Sided Fantasy
Pumped BMX+
Action Henk
The Swindle
Nova-111

and they've already released Stealth inc 2 this year.

Curve are easily one of the best Vita supporters out there &#128525;

Fady K

Here's another update for you guys, enjoy :)

NEW RELEASES

* Ar No Surge Plus - An enhanced version of Koei Tecmo's PS3 RPG (developed by Atelier franchise devs Gust) is out now for the Vita. Trailer here.
arnosurgeplus13.jpg

lmeZIm9.jpg

* Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved - from Sierra Interactive & Lucid Games, the famous twinstick shooter series has just made its Vita debut. The game looks gorgeous and is FREE for PS+ users. Trailer here.
19116914790_254033af20_b.jpg

19298540712_9a46771e58_b.jpg

* Nekoburo Cats Block - possibly the cutest puzzle game on the Vita yet, is out now. See for yourself in this trailer.

7rUjb9I.png

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

* World of Final Fantasy (Thanks Redcrayon!) Gosh, I know i'm so late with this one but I had to add it for the sake of the list as well give it a proper introduction (with all the latest updates). It's a chibi style Final Fantasy game (which seemingly features maaaany FF characters and monsters), where you befriend monsters and battle among other things. The game is due in 2016. For those who missed it, here's the reveal trailer. Website here. The game should be released physically as well.
World-of-Final-Fantasy_2015_06-16-15_023.jpg

C25KJ2v.jpg

battle_02_fix001.jpg

battle_03_fix001.jpg

battle_cloud_fix001.jpg

event_02_fix001.jpg

field_01_fix001.jpg

field_fix001.jpg

monster__fix001.jpg

monster_fix001_3.jpg

monster_fix001_5.jpg

* Steins;Gate 0 - 5pb and Mages' upcoming game is the sequel to Steins;Gate. The game is due in Japan on November 19, 2015. Here's a teaser trailer.
SteinsGate0660x330_thumb.jpg

20150615_222733_thumb.png

steinsgatezero_1506232_thumb.jpg

Steins-Gate-0-PV_07-08-15.jpg

NEW MEDIA

* Gal Gun: Double Peace - Opening movie for the game has been released. It comes from publisher Experience and developer IntiCreates (Mighty No. 9). Game is due in Japan on August 6.
GGDP-OP-Movie.jpg

Gal-Gun-Differences_06-26-15.jpg

w1xSsRJ.jpg

* Y2K - A "post-modern RPG" from Ackk Studios due for release this winter. New trailer here. Also, enjoy some new screens:
tumblr_npzqhsPYED1s53pxbo4_1280.png

tumblr_npzqhsPYED1s53pxbo5_1280.png

tumblr_npzqhsPYED1s53pxbo3_1280.png

tumblr_npzqhsPYED1s53pxbo2_1280.png

tumblr_npzqhsPYED1s53pxbo1_1280.png

* Rain World - Joar Jakobsson's game is a 2D survival platformer with a focus on stealth and exploration. New video here. Set for release later this year.
RW_NEW.jpg

RWb.jpg

RWe.jpg

RWc.png

RWa.jpg

RELEASE DATE UPDATES

* Amnesia: Memories - IdeaFactory's upcoming visual novel will be hitting the Vita on August 25.
Amnesia_06-12.jpg

CrdxtMgl.jpg

* Steins;Gate Though people in Europe already got their hands on the game, fret not gamers in North America: the game is officially coming out on August 25th in those regions. Not only that, but you guys can get the limited edition of the game as well. For those who want to preorder the standalone physical version, you must do so through Amazon. Official trailer here.
SG_RiceEdition_US-600x343.jpg

Steins-Gate-Amazon-Only-US_07-08-15.jpg

NEW INFO

* Heart Forth, Alicia - the lovely looking retro action RPG from Alonso Martin has been previewed in great detail by the fine folks at RPGfan.com.
ss-001.jpg

ss-005.jpg

ss-003.jpg

ss-002.jpg

Thanks for the updates per usual Fady.
______

My copy of Ar No Surge Plus just came in today, not sure when I'll be able to get to it due to work but I'll likely enjoy it. While I am no fan of Dragon Quest, I may check out DQH2 if it comes over (at the very least digitally on Vita since I'll be skipping the first) as I rarely will pass on a Musou game.

Fady K

Thanks for the updates per usual Fady.
______

My copy of Ar No Surge Plus just came in today, not sure when I'll be able to get to it due to work but I'll likely enjoy it. While I am no fan of Dragon Quest, I may check out DQH2 if it comes over (at the very least digitally on Vita since I'll be skipping the first) as I rarely will pass on a Musou game.

Thanks buddy :) Appreciated! I'll try to work on another update for tonight as well. Got plenty to come!

Takao

Banned
Wait, #2? I heard the first is getting localized, but I didn't even know they were making a sequel yet. Was the first on vita too? am i completely misunderstanding something?

Square Enix had the bizarre idea of announcing DQH2 about a month after the first game (which is only PS3/PS4) launched in Japan.

marcincz

Steins;Gate 0 - Nov 2015 in Japan.
Damn. Currently playing in SG on my Vita, from European launch, over 40 h in. This is so amazing. I've never played in any VN before, but now....I want more of them. I Hope SG 0 will be release in NA/EU next year as soon as possible. Cross fingers for that, especially for physical release.

Now I need Danganronpa 1&2, VLR, incoming Zero Escape 3 and Danganronpa 3.

Steins;Gate 0 - Nov 2015 in Japan.
Damn. Currently playing in SG on my Vita, from European launch, over 40 h in. This is so amazing. I've never played in any VN before, but now....I want more of them. I Hope SG 0 will be release in NA/EU next year as soon as possible. Cross fingers for that, especially for physical release.

Now I need Danganronpa 1&2, VLR, incoming Zero Escape 3 and Danganronpa 3.

Have you read 999?

redcrayon

Crypt of the Necrodancer coming to Vita!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/07/10/crypt-of-the-necrodancer-is-coming-to-ps4-and-ps-vita/

An awesome mash-up of roguelike dungeon crawling and rhythm, the blog post doesn't explain it well but spare a minute to watch this gameplay video (now a little outdated) and you'll understand it well enough. Essentially you are cursed to move to a pulsing beat, move through a dungeon and kill monsters, but the monster move to it to. It's pretty tough but insanely addictive.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TOcBdl1elTc

Crypt of the Necrodancer coming to Vita!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/07/10/crypt-of-the-necrodancer-is-coming-to-ps4-and-ps-vita/

An awesome mash-up of roguelike dungeon crawling and rhythm, the blog post doesn't explain it well but spare a minute to watch this gameplay video (now a little outdated) and you'll understand it well enough. Essentially you are cursed to move to a pulsing beat, move through a dungeon and kill monsters, but the monster move to it to. It's pretty tough but insanely addictive.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TOcBdl1elTc

Oh man, oohh maaan.

So there is not any chance to understand plot in VLR without playing in 999 firstly?

No, but it will be so. much. better.

I am not kidding, you won't be as confused as, say, starting to read LotR on The Two Towers, but some of the late game reveals are not anywhere as striking if you have now played 999. It would certainly diminish the impact of VLR, and as such play 999 beforehand, and play the DS version. The iOS port is castrated of its puzzles which are (were?) a highly important part of the game (30 percent of the game)

So there is not any chance to understand plot in VLR without playing in 999 firstly?

No, but it will be so. much. better.

I am not kidding, you won't be as confused as, say, starting to read LotR on The Two Towers, but some of the late game reveals are not anywhere as striking if you have now played 999. It would certainly diminish the impact of VLR, and as such play 999 beforehand, and play the DS version. The iOS port is castrated of its puzzles which are (were?) a highly important part of the game (30 percent of the game)

I just want to echo this. You can understand VLR without playing 999, but it will be a vastly inferior experience without the background of having played 999. It's absolutely worth it to spend the ~$30 to get a DS just to play 999, in my opinion.

I don't know what the hell is going on with 2K. The've just rated XCOM Enemy Unknown Plus in Korea. This and Civ Rev 2 Plus have been rated by many boards but still no word on their release. Are they just teasing us? Because XCOM Vita would be a dream come true.

I'm almost getting a little irritated by this too. Good irritated. But I just want them to announce these games - you don't get things rated on multiple ratings boards for it to be just a rumour. They have to be coming, wonder what the hold-up is?

Top Bottom