• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Best Buy 4 Hour Sale | 10% off PSN, XBL, Eshop, Steam cards etc.

Flash Sale has ended. Discount is no longer available at Bestbuy.com however

The deal is still available through Best Buy on eBay. Here's an example: $50 PSN Card for $45 link

Original OP:

Just saw the email for the sale and thought people might want to know

Flash Sale Page

XBL Credit and Subscription Cards on sale

PSN Credit and membership cards on sale

Nintendo eShop credit on sale

Steam Wallet cards (+ Other PC credits) on sale

Steam Cards $20 $50 $100

Lock if old

I noticed this as well, but CDkeys (I think that's the name) is selling XBL 12 month subs for like $32 and you get 5% off if you like them on Facebook.

I noticed this as well, but CDkeys (I think that's the name) is selling XBL 12 month subs for like $32 and you get 5% off if you like them on Facebook.

Yes I would strongly recommend not buying a year of XBL at $54 as you can regularly get it for $35

This thread is intended more for those who buy digital and would like to save 10% off everything they buy that way

Can't access site from work but does this apply to digital codes as well?

I don't believe Best Buy sells anything but physical cards for this sort of thing?

Last few times I've been to Best Buy, they have had packs of three XBL $15 gift cards and one bonus $5 gift card together priced at $45 (the net value of the gift cards being $50). This is basically the same deal.

Don't bother with Xbox monies, you can buy a box of Golden Crisp and get $10 off a purchase $25 or more instead on the Microsoft store. Email deliveries too.

bumpkin

Codename Steam worth $16 with the updates for speed?
The reviews seem to be all over the place. Some praise it for being imaginative and having funny dialog, others crap on it because its RPG elements are light (compared to its maker's pedigree, Fire Emblem) and that the combat can be dull. I tried the demo from the eShop way back and wasn't strongly in one camp or the other. It's very tempting at that price tag though.

I have been needing to buy some eShop credit, so there's at least one thing in this sale I can go for!

lt519

Stack with American Express 25 off 250 deal if you have it but beware they usually do at least 15% on Black Friday for eShop cards.

GobFather

For Ps Plus. Does it get cheaper around Black Friday or is this a good enough price to stock up on? Thanks in advance

MauroNL

Damn, no email delivery. Still looking for some deal on US$ Xbox Live money, but I'm not from the US so most deals aren't accessible for me. Ah well.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Is this online only? Im about to go to best buy to pick up mgs5, mind as well get a psn card.

Oozer3993

Is this online only? Im about to go to best buy to pick up mgs5, mind as well get a psn card.

Yes, it's online only. And I'm in the same boat. Picking up MGSV after work and my PS+ runs out in two weeks. Great timing on the sale for me. Serendipity, that. I ordered a 12 month code for pickup.

B1G1 25% off is effectively only a 12.5% discount. I don't think it's work waiting around for an extra couple of points.

It always amazes me how people get caught up with the the percentage off, especially if the word free is involved, without distributing the discount evenly to see what the real discount is.

gar3

$100 Steam
$25 Xbox Currency
$20 PSN

Was debating about two $10 eShop cards for two of my four children but at only a $1 savings each, meh.
Thanks for the head's up, OP!

How long does it take to redeem said coupon?
Get a specially marked boxed of Golden Crisp, open it, use the code at checkout on the Microsoft store. It's immediate.
B1G1 25% off is effectively only a 12.5% discount. I don't think it's work waiting around for an extra couple of points.
I always buy cards at $20 or more and I buy two at a time for eShop and Steam. I don't use them right away so the more savings (even if tiny) the better.

jacobeid

Banned
dammit. I would buy a $20 card for Firewatch (assuming that it's a $20 title.....) but I don't have my gift card on me at work :(

AP90

Thanks! Just bought $75 worth. Had $20 in gift/reward points. So total cost was $47.50

Edit: Mine is going towards QB and RotTR =D

$100 Steam
$25 Xbox Currency
$20 PSN

Was debating about two $10 eShop cards for two of my four children but at only a $1 savings each, meh.
Thanks for the head's up, OP!

Just a reminder bump.

Had $15 in BB credit, so I got $100 of PSN money for $75. Thanks for the post OP.

Going to pick up at the nearest store an eShop $30 pack for $17 due to the sale and rewards certificates. Thanks OP!

You're all very welcome :)

Sale ends in 20 minutes I believe

Do you have to pay taxes on PSN cards? I might order a $50 card and have it be sent to me.

No you shouldn't be charged tax on it

arrant those keys pirated.

I've read mostly positive things regarding the site, but I've seen some people complain about keys not working and customer support taking a while to respond. I'd advise some independent research before pulling the trigger on a purchase. However, it seems to be legit.

Top Bottom