• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

CDX

New rewards are up (until June 2nd):

Super Mario RPG (Wii) - 200 coins
Maboshi's Arcade (Wii) - 150 coins
3D Classics: Excitebike (3DS) - 150 coins
Art Style: Acquia (3DS) - 100 coins

pic

gh2zJeS.png

I think I'll get Super Mario RPG

zroid

Banned
There's also save states and button mapping.

And screenshots via Miiverse! <3

The secret best feature, lol

I redeemed my coins for Art Style: Aquia, but there was some trouble connecting to the eShop, causing the download to break off so I had to redownload the game through the store page.
wol
Long story short, the game does not appear on my registered games list on my Club Nintendo account. Should it? If so, would I benefit from contacting costumer support to get it on there (coins for registering or something)?

It's a bit early for all that, give it at least a day or so before contacting them. It's a DSiWare game so you would get a 10 coin post-play survey in 7 days.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I haven't played it before so looking forward to jumping into it.
I'm right there with you. (...well, technically I rented it a few times as a kid over separate weekends, so progression was basically impossible...)

Totally makes up for no 3DC Kirby. You're pardoned until next month, Nintendo. I just remembered that I'm probably going to buy it for real money since it's on sale, so I guess that's more of an acquittal.

cacildo

As usual, 3 games I already own and 1 that I'm not really interested in. I guess I might as well ask anyway: How's Maboshi's Arcade?

Well, i think its pretty fun. And frustrating, but pretty fun!

Do you people think someday they will let us upgrade WiiWare to wiiu?

D'oh, I just nabbed Super Mario RPG recently with credit I had left on my Wii point balance (when I used coins to get Paper Mario). Kinda wishing I hadn't now, but whatevs. I'm glad they're offering a game lots of people will want to redeem

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Good selection, but nothing for me because I already own what I'd want. I hope Super Mario RPG makes the Wii U transfer quickly.

iiicon

definitely grabbing SMRPG once I get 10 more coins. do you get any coins for upgrading Wii VC games to Wii U ones? if not I can wait until 30 cent Super Metroid.

mAcOdIn

But I can still play it on the Wii U right (just in Wii mode)? And I guess I'll need a CC?

Does it mean that it only has the regular in-game save states?
You can still play any, well 99%, of your Wii games on the Wii U in Wii mode, just remember while in Wii mode your Wii U is a Wii. Whatever the game is like on the Wii that's what it'll be like on the Wii U, those are the controllers it'll support and that's how the saves work. So yeah, you'll need your Wii controllers.

rjc571

Banned
Now I'm getting an error message while trying to redeem the code on the eShop. Very frustrating. Whoops, this was supposed to go in the Nintendo Download thread.

Thorakai

Nothing I don't already have or interests me. I have 270 coins expiring soon, I'm really hoping something good comes out on June 2.

mAcOdIn

Now I'm getting an error message while trying to redeem the code on the eShop. Very frustrating.
I just redeemed a code for Super Mario RPG myself, I know the eShop and whatever the Wii's store is called are separate but make sure that anything you have that looks like an "O", the letter o, you've put in as a zero. Otherwise maybe give it another hour?

Fandangox

Super Mario RPG?

Mmh. Might give that game a second chance. Will try to get it for my Wii U's Wii mode when I get time to connect the thing on the internet.

Camjo-Z

As usual, 3 games I already own and 1 that I'm not really interested in. I guess I might as well ask anyway: How's Maboshi's Arcade?

This is exactly the post I came here to make.

It's a fun arcade style game that has three different gameplay modes where you... er... do random things, I guess. There's also a really awesome 3-player mode though where you can all play different games and what you do in your game will affect the other person's, so if you've got multiple people to play with it can be a lot of fun. This video probably explains it better than I could... Oh, and you can also download a mini version of the game to a DS. I'd say it's worth the coins.

Shoyz

Man, I was hoping with the launch of the WiiU VC they'd start offering some on Club Nintendo.
How long do you figure it might take them to offer Mario RPG on WiiU? Might sit on a code for it.

bumpkin

Hmm, seems I only have 170 coins. I guess I'll have to dip into the pile of CN codes I've been saving for July 1st to get the 30 I need. Once I do that, Super Mario RPG is MINE!

Shoyz

Just tried Maboshi's Arcade. Not sure how it's $8, it is literally -three- minigames. Seems like you need friends to make it much fun.

zigg

Just tried Maboshi's Arcade. Not sure how it's $8, it is literally -three- minigames. Seems like you need friends to make it much fun.
I recall it being spoken of somewhat fondly, regardless. Wasn't Flametail (DSiWare) one of the three, brought up into a full game?

Super Mario RPG entices me. Never played it before and was thinking about picking up the cart but it's pretty expensive. This seems like the more logical option. Wish I didn't have to pay $1.50 (?) to upgrade it to Wii U eventually. Definitely thinking about it.

Shoyz

Excitebike has to be the coolest use of 3D though, very reminiscent of the 3DS setup process where the Nintendo logo sinks to the background, the entire stage transforms. Very cool.

Clipper

I have 270 coins left to achieve Platinum, and I have several post-play surveys yet to answer (they expire in August, if I'm not mistaken). Should I wait until the next Nintendo year before answering them.,as I only plan to get digital rewards?

In the first Club Nintendo year, one of the Platinum prize choices was digital (Doc Louis' Punch-Out!!). The last year did include a bunch of downloadable games as Gold prizes, so Gold is probably enough for you this year.

If you can make it to Platinum by June, then you could probably easily make it to Platinum both this year and next year, so that might be something to consider, though...

zroid

Banned
Excitebike has to be the coolest use of 3D though, very reminiscent of the 3DS setup process where the Nintendo logo sinks to the background, the entire stage transforms. Very cool.

I was so impressed when I saw they'd actually added graphics into the background rather than simply 3Difying the existing frame. 3D Classics had a lot of potential. I wonder if it might be more economical to sell them in packs with retail releases. I would definitely be willing to pay $30 or so for a cart with 4-5 games on it.

L.O.R.D

i bought 3 copy of mario 64 for my friends last month and now i am out of points
can anyone got any spare Excitebike code for me ?

Hrm. I have 870 coins. Do I blow them all on Virtual Console games, or do I hold out for Nintendo to actually start having some new physical prizes again, or dare I say the golden nun-chuck?

Drago

Alright, got Super Mario RPG downloaded.

Now the long wait until the WiiU VC version comes along. Hopefully by the end of summer :/

Toki767

I was about to get Excitebike when I realized they gave it out for free a while ago.

I wish Super Mario RPG was on Wii U.

How is that Art Style: Acquia game?

Top Bottom