• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Did anyone buy Super Mario World last Sunday? I still haven't gotten any survey for it, and looking at the to-do history it says it's completed.

Did you upgrade for a dollar? It may not give you the survey twice if you are upgrading and already filled one out for the Wii version.

zroid

Banned
What do you mean by "last Sunday"? As in May 5th? If so, the only survey you're gonna get won't be showing up for another couple of days.

There should be a registration survey and a post-play survey, right? 10 coins each?

Ah, there we are. There's no registration surveys for VC games, as a rule. Although strangely I believe Mega Man 4 on 3DS has one, but it's the sole exception as far as I know.

Bullza2o

Did you upgrade for a dollar? It may not give you the survey twice if you are upgrading and already filled one out for the Wii version.
No, this was my very first VC purchase outside 3DS.

Ah, there we are. There's no registration surveys for VC games, as a rule. Although strangely I believe Mega Man 4 on 3DS has one, but it's the sole exception as far as I know.
Oh so it's only the 10 coin post-play. Thanks for the info!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Guys, if you have downloaded DLC for Fire Emblem: Awakening check your ClubNin accounts. I got an email yesterday saying I have a special 10-coin survey for the FE DLC, and it only lasts one day, so hurry! (Just filled mine and was set to expire today).

This is also the chance to complain about censored Tharja.
Wow, glad I checked the thread. I just did it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My wife framed a set of our cards from the History of Nintendo Handhelds set. Just a garbage frame we found, but pretty nice.

DSC02844.JPG

2013-05-13+15.18.54.jpg

eggwolio

My wife framed a set of our cards from the History of Nintendo Handhelds set. Just a garbage frame we found, but pretty nice.

I bought frames specifically for these cards. I actually bought four frames, to frame two sets of cards. I only got one set, but I'm going to make some color copies at Kinko's so I can trim them to fit. If it ever pans out, it's gonna be awesome. Any chance I could see a better picture of the Game Boy below it? Is that made out of wood? It looks neat.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I bought frames specifically for these cards. I actually bought four frames, to frame two sets of cards. I only got one set, but I'm going to make some color copies at Kinko's so I can trim them to fit. If it ever pans out, it's gonna be awesome. Any chance I could see a better picture of the Game Boy below it? Is that made out of wood? It looks neat.

Another one of my wife's projects. It's actually layers of cardboard glued together, staples for the start select buttons, foam for the buttons and broken CDs for the screen.

I'd buy another card case 18 if they put them up again, my original 2 are filling up fast. I agree though, we are waaaay overdue for some new physical goods. As for platinum reward, it'd be cool to see something not Mario related. Something Zelda or Metroid related would be cool.

Well....Im still 155 points from platinum this year, and Ive bought so many new games for my 3DS and my Wii U!

I really screwed myself by getting the DD versions of MoHun on both, because it automatically added them to my Club Nintendo, and then I totally forgot to do the surveys, so thats 100 points right there I should have, haha.

How much is a 3DS XL worth? I might pick one of those up.

edit: oh god, haha 335 missed points over the years. most of that this year! I missed both MoHun games, NSMB U, Nintendo Land, Nano Assault Neo. Thats fucking horrible, haha. Stupid digital games are fucking me hard! (no excuse for Nintendo Land though!)

160, so it'd pretty much put you right there

I just scrolled down and saw it. I was trying to hold off until they had a colour im 100% happy with.

But I dont think there is enough games coming out before the 'year' ends, or old games Ive missed that would give me enough points.

Ondore

I'm hoping for the choice of a Luigi hat, Nonspecific Action Figure or a day 1 code for a 3DS retail game in 2H 2013.

But I'm nuts like that.

IrishNinja

you know, i don't usually jump on digital goods, but seeing as how that Doc code for Punch-Out never turns up, i'd prolly go for something like that, yeah

Roto13

Japan got an exclusive DSiWare game called Nintendoji as one of their Club Nintendo yearly rewards this year.

One of the characters looks like a dude from Sakura Samurai. Not sure if it has any connection to it.

zroid

Banned
Anyone know whether the early registration bonus is applied when you enter the code or when you complete the survey?

That is... say I were to register a copy of DKCR two weeks from now, and then fill out the survey on July 1. Would I get the +10 bonus?

Shoyz

Goddman I need 20 points but don't really want anything. I guiess DKC will have to do./

Have you downloaded all the free software that gives 10 coins each? Don't buy a port just for coins, buy a code off of eBay for a few bucks.

I'd muuuuch rather have Nintendoji than a hat.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Anyone know whether the early registration bonus is applied when you enter the code or when you complete the survey?

That is... say I were to register a copy of DKCR two weeks from now, and then fill out the survey on July 1. Would I get the +10 bonus?

You get the points when you complete the registration and get the points from that.

zroid

Banned
Goddman I need 20 points but don't really want anything. I guiess DKC will have to do./

Could also just dl a couple cheap DSiWare or whatever. Or get some of the free apps that grant coins. Lots of easy ways to get 20 coins.

You get the points when you complete the registration and get the points from that.

Hmm, I know you get the points only when you complete the survey, but just to be clear, are the 10 bonus coins applied to the value of the survey when you register the code or when you actually get the coins?

Clipper

You qualify for early registration based upon the date you register the game. So yes, you can register the game in early June to qualify for the bonus and fill in the survey in July so that all the coins, including the early reg. ones, count towards the 2013-2014 Club Nintendo year.

I probably should add it to the OP. I had left it out previously as in each previous year, it could only be done a week before the deadline, so was of very little use. The extension of registration deadlines to a month rather than a week makes it useful (for only one or two games a year, like in this case).

Fireblend

Banned
So guys, I bought and registered my 3DS this year (March) and since then I've bought a couple of other games. When will my points expire? This June?

Damn-I have 1720 and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I've been waiting for something good to pop up. Should I go ahead and get the Game & Watch game? Is it valuable at all?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Damn-I have 1720 and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I've been waiting for something good to pop up. Should I go ahead and get the Game & Watch game? Is it valuable at all?

I have that thing - if you mean the Game and Watch: Ball handheld.

I recently saw a couple being sold in a game store in NJ and they were $60-75 depending upon the box.

zroid

Banned
You qualify for early registration based upon the date you register the game. So yes, you can register the game in early June to qualify for the bonus and fill in the survey in July so that all the coins, including the early reg. ones, count towards the 2013-2014 Club Nintendo year.

I probably should add it to the OP. I had left it out previously as in each previous year, it could only be done a week before the deadline, so was of very little use. The extension of registration deadlines to a month rather than a week makes it useful (for only one or two games a year, like in this case).

Oooookay, thanks! Yeah, it's not exactly a situation which would come up often, hah. I'm not even planning to get DKCR 3D yet, but I was just asking from curiosity.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I remember one GAFer admitting to walking through an EBgames and taking out all the Club Nintendo points sheets to use the codes for themselves.

Top Bottom