• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Damn, hadn't thought about club nintendo in a while. I had a bunch of surveys for games I bought around Christmas expire in the last two weeks.

You can get the classic controller AND and statue platinum prize from years ago...
The poster [Merino] can't get those because a 3DS and 4 games does not get you 7000 stars. They have 24 months left (they have an expiration system to stock hoarding of points and demanding of huge prizes) to get the remaining, what would it be...about 5000 stars, a 3DS game might be 250 stars so that is only about 20 games...not bad for getting there but the road to there being fairly devoid of anything isn't good.

But getting back to the pouch, if we say 5 stars=1 coin (and the thing was on the EU catalogue) Merino would have it (or be very close) and no complaints.

That said Europe does have its own Club Nintendo thread to complain about only receiving the scraps of meat.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have 270 coins left to achieve Platinum, and I have several post-play surveys yet to answer (they expire in August, if I'm not mistaken). Should I wait until the next Nintendo year before answering them.,as I only plan to get digital rewards?

Codeblue

Damn, hadn't thought about club nintendo in a while. I had a bunch of surveys for games I bought around Christmas expire in the last two weeks.

Same. I got so caught up in exams that I let about 120 coins worth of post play surveys expire.

Also, apparently my MH3U digital download registration survey expired. I didn't even know registration surveys could expire. Ah well, one more reason to buy retail from here on out.

Ondore

The secret to sanity as a Nintendo fan is low expectations. Expect Metroid Other M 2 in every direct and Mario Clock for every Club Nintendo reward, and you're happy.

Fox Mulder

Same, I'm almost platinum anyways, but it sucks they expire.

I try to fill out thorough surveys, and didn't get a chance to even play those games yet. My fault I guess.

Merino

The poster [Merino] can't get those because a 3DS and 4 games does not get you 7000 stars. They have 24 months left (they have an expiration system to stock hoarding of points and demanding of huge prizes) to get the remaining, what would it be...about 5000 stars, a 3DS game might be 250 stars so that is only about 20 games...not bad for getting there but the road to there being fairly devoid of anything isn't good.

But getting back to the pouch, if we say 5 stars=1 coin (and the thing was on the EU catalogue) Merino would have it (or be very close) and no complaints.

That said Europe does have its own Club Nintendo thread to complain about only receiving the scraps of meat.
Thanks for the understanding :)

Before I'll move on to complain in the EU thread let me just add that even if I would get to 7000 I still wouldn't know what to spend it on. If you don't won a Wii/WiiU there's pretty much nothing left other than statues and other plastic junk (imo) that I'm absolutely not interested in.

Oh well, still another 11,5 months to go in the hope for better rewards.

RoadDogg

I really needed those Tank! Tank! Tank! coins but couldn't download it until Saturday :(

I am 165 coins away and can't think of a single game coming out before the end of June I want. I can think of plenty announced but not dated games I want but nothing by next month. What are the chances they will make Game & Wario worth 170 coins? That could happen right?

iphys

Wow, I don't think too many people had a problem reaching platinum this year with the 3DS XL and Wii U coming out. Well, you could cheap out and buy like 16 $2 DSiWare or 3DSware games, but it would probably be rough finding many decent ones.

Bullza2o

Oh so surveys are being delayed for some reason. Good to know I'm not alone. I downloaded Tank! and Super Mario World and have not received any new to-do surveys.

RoadDogg

Wow, I don't think too many people had a problem reaching platinum this year with the 3DS XL and Wii U coming out. Well, you could cheap out and buy like 16 $2 DSiWare or 3DSware games, but it would probably be rough finding many decent ones.

If I bought a 3DS XL I would have no problems, but I own a perfectly fine launch 3DS so I see no reason to re-buy it. The Wii U helped, but having no games I want since launch hasn't helped anything. I don't have much time for gaming anymore so I pretty much only buy Nintendo games at the moment, so unless Nintendo puts out enough games to meet platinum I most likely won't hit it.

corn_fest

Super Mario RPG (Fuck yes, exactly what I was waiting for) (Wii VC): 200 coins
Maboshi's Arcade (WiiWare): 150 coins
3D Classics: Excitebike (3DSWare): 150 coins
Art Style: Aquia (DSiWare): 100 coins

AirBrian

New rewards are up (until June 2nd):

Super Mario RPG (Wii) - 200 coins
Maboshi's Arcade (Wii) - 150 coins
3D Classics: Excitebike (3DS) - 150 coins
Art Style: Acquia (3DS) - 100 coins

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Is Aquia any good? I think I remember the Nintendo Life review being quite favorable. Might pick up Mario RPG as well just to transfer it over to a Wii U eventually.

isny

napkin dispenser

Wait, weren't we all given Excitebike for free?

Eric C

pic

gh2zJeS.png

iphys

Is Aquia any good? I think I remember the Nintendo Life review being quite favorable. Might pick up Mario RPG as well just to transfer it over to a Wii U eventually.

I thought it was one of the weaker Art Style games, but since they priced it at 100 coins instead of 150, I'd say it's worth it.

zroid

Banned
MARIO RPG WOW

So bought. Only Mario RPG I haven't played.

So jealous. I want to play SMRPG for the first time again. ;-;

I love it so much that when it was released on Wii VC, a couple friends and I met up and played through the whole thing in one sitting. We passed the controller after beating a major boss. Memories~

Zeeman

200 coins for an SNES game? Come on Nintendo :(

That's right, I'm complaining about the "price" of a free game I'm almost certainly going to download anyway

3D Classic Kirby WILL NEVER BE A CLUB NINTENDO PRIZE! :mad:
Wish I could get Super Mario RPG on the 3DS. :(

Oh well, I guess I can keep saving up for the DS Game + Stylus case now. My DS/3DS case is full so I need more space. Shame they don't still have the awesome DS/3DS double sided case, but I'll make due with the game + stylus one.

bumpkin

I'll Grab Mario RPG. I wonder how long we will have to wait until we can buy the WiiU upgrade.
Same thing I'm wondering. I mean there's nothing wrong with having to boot my Wii U into Wii mode to play it (other than the process period), but I'd love to be able to play it off-TV.

Sushigod7

Holy shit was just thinking about buying Mario RPG, this is the first game drop I'm excited about! I'm all over this one just need to get 15 points registered to have exactly 200. I'm saving most of my game codes till the new year to work toward next years platinum. I'm pretty excited about this.

As usual, 3 games I already own and 1 that I'm not really interested in. I guess I might as well ask anyway: How's Maboshi's Arcade?

Is Aquia any good?

Well, It's a fairly simple/straightforward block-shifting puzzle game with a relaxing style and music. I like it, and it's the only Art Style game I will actually play anymore. I didn't like the others as much. Pictobits is okay based on all the classic Nintendo references but to be honest I didn't like the gameplay much. The others just weren't my cup of tea.

I'd likely buy into these game downloads if they weren't so expensive coin-wise.

I just can't bring myself to spend half of what it would cost me for a set of posters just to have Mario RPG on one system, with no way of getting it back if the system conks out. Especially when emulation on SNES titles is so good and we're overdue for a new set of physical goods.

I redeemed my coins for Art Style: Aquia, but there was some trouble connecting to the eShop, causing the download to break off so I had to redownload the game through the store page.

Long story short, the game does not appear on my registered games list on my Club Nintendo account. Should it? If so, would I benefit from contacting costumer support to get it on there (coins for registering or something)?

Top Bottom