• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Drago

Impulse bought DKCR3D and now with that, FE:A, and the AC:NL XL, I would be eligible for a So Many Games! promotion game. All new codes, too, so not to run into a situation where previously registered games/systems aren't eligible.

Your move, NoA.

:'(

Chris R

Can people register the same game twice? IE if someone were to get a code for FE:A and they had already registered it, would they be able to register it again?

Roto13

Can people register the same game twice? IE if someone were to get a code for FE:A and they had already registered it, would they be able to register it again?

Only if one's digital and one's physical. You can link a second account to your main one and register it to that, though. It pools all of the coins.

Parallacs

The answer is in the wonderful OP, but in case you missed it :

I have two codes for the same game. Can I register and get coins for them both?
Not on a single account. However, if you really are desperate for those coins, you can set up a family account and link it to your existing account to pool the coins. This allows you to register one game per attached account.

Chris R

Well here someone goes (and if a lurker gets it sorry)

FE:A Physical NA: (quote to reveal)

Enjoy! Won't be updating this so just assume someone claimed it if you are reading this tomorrow.

edit: I lied, code has been used

Clipper

So guys, I bought and registered my 3DS this year (March) and since then I've bought a couple of other games. When will my points expire? This June?

As per the OP, two years after the end of the current Nintendo year, so they will disappear on July 1 2015 if yo do not spend them first.

The period you have to qualify for Platinum Status (earning 600 coins within a Club Nintendo year) for this year ends on June 30, though.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So are there any new rules or changes in the last year I need to know about? Doesn't look like it from the OP but I just want to be sure.

I accumulated enough for Platinum this year, just in the past few months... and now I go to see the rewards are essentially the same as they were the last time I had a few hundred points (2010-2011).

The fuck. Come on Nintendo!

zroid

Banned
I accumulated enough for Platinum this year, just in the past few months... and now I go to see the rewards are essentially the same as they were the last time I had a few hundred points (2010-2011).

The fuck. Come on Nintendo!

Yeah... it seems nowadays whenever they introduce new reward items, they have limited availability only. Very rarely is a new item permanently added to the catalogue.

trixx

Do you get two surveys for the 30 cent games or is it just 1 post play survey. I feel like I let a bunch of surveys expire because I haven't been on it.

I don't even know if I should even try to reach platinum

Kazerei

Banned
When doing a product registration survey for an eShop game, please ask for sales! Thanks all :)

tQkEF9K.png

Clipper

So are there any new rules or changes in the last year I need to know about? Doesn't look like it from the OP but I just want to be sure.
They extended the timeout on registration surveys from one week to one month. I think that's pretty much it for changes since the big change on survey values when this new thread was created.

zroid

Banned
When doing a product registration survey for an eShop game, please ask for sales! Thanks all :)

tQkEF9K.png

My stock response is "new content and discounts on existing content"

I'm not sure, but out of the ones I've registered, I think Mario Kart: Double Dash is the earliest release. Back then there were no coins though.

Was Double Dash one of the games which qualified for the Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition disc promotion back in the day? I think you had to register two games one winter from a shortlist. Maaaan we're never gonna get anything that cool ever again. :(

DonMigs85

I might hold off on getting Animal Crossing digitally until the end of June, I'd prefer that the coins go towards next year's Elite status.

Kazerei

Banned
Was Double Dash one of the games which qualified for the Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition disc promotion back in the day? I think you had to register two games one winter from a shortlist. Maaaan we're never gonna get anything that cool ever again. :(

Yep!

Players who already own a GameCube can get the disc in one of two ways, according to Nintendo. The first way is to register their GameCube system along with two of the following games: Mario Kart Double Dash!!, Mario Party 5, Mario & Luigi, Superstar Saga, and 1080 Avalanche.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2003/11/04/zelda-bundle-at-99

Those four games were all released in November 2003. It's possible that earlier games could be registered to "My Nintendo", but I don't have any record of it.

I want new rewards to be released, it has been so long :/ I've got a lot of games and surveys to register, but I'm saving them for the new year turnover. Is that in June or July?

iphys

Do you get two surveys for the 30 cent games or is it just 1 post play survey. I feel like I let a bunch of surveys expire because I haven't been on it.

I don't even know if I should even try to reach platinum

VC games just have the post-play survey, so you haven't missed anything.

Boney

Banned
Is there a way to unsync a 3DS eshop account with the club nintendo account that doesn't involve reverting to factory settings?

teeg

I just picked up a used 3DS XL that has a bunch of eShop downloaded games on it. I've also got my launch 3DS that I've also got a bunch of other eShop Downloads on it. I understand the only way to 'merge' the two accounts is to place all the downloads on to one system and to remove all content from the other. So I plan to leave them separate.

My question is can I have both systems linked to a single Club Nintendo account? Or should I make a family member and link the new 3DS to the new family member account?
Also if the previous owner had linked the system to a Club Nintendo account will that cause any problems? I checked the eShop setting and it currently is not linked to an account.

iphys

I just picked up a used 3DS XL that has a bunch of eShop downloaded games on it. I've also got my launch 3DS that I've also got a bunch of other eShop Downloads on it. I understand the only way to 'merge' the two accounts is to place all the downloads on to one system and to remove all content from the other. So I plan to leave them separate.

My question is can I have both systems linked to a single Club Nintendo account? Or should I make a family member and link the new 3DS to the new family member account?
Also if the previous owner had linked the system to a Club Nintendo account will that cause any problems? I checked the eShop setting and it currently is not linked to an account.

I don't believe that would pose a problem. The only real benefit to having them linked to a child account is if they release any new freebies then you can earn the coins twice for them by downloading them on each system. For instance, having both my DSi and 3DS linked to my main account only allowed me to get the coins for Zelda Four Swords once, whereas I could have got them twice if I'd been thinking and switched one to a child account ahead of time.

Is Kirby Collection for the Wii still 50 coins? Last time I checked I needed roughly 70 coins to reach Platinum for this year and figured I'd get that this week and then get the rest with some VC post play surveys.

Top Bottom