• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm 150 CN coins from platinum status. Is it worth it? What have been previous rewards for Platinum status members?

Do Wii games have post-play surveys still? I got 20 coins for Pikmin 2 and I wonder if I'll get 10 more.

If so, I'll be 10 coins away from Platinum, and I still haven't bought Gunman Clive. Perfect.

EDIT: The OP says yes.

I'm 150 CN coins from platinum status. Is it worth it? What have been previous rewards for Platinum status members?

The OP has previous rewards. But it's never worth going out of your way to hit unless you find a whole bunch of $5 DS games like I did this year.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Finally updating the spreadsheet, after a month off...

Can anyone give me coin values for the following games? :

Wii U eShop
* Kung Fu Rabbit

I would've been 200 points away from Platinum if my MH3D product registration survey didn't expire. I didn't even know they expired since I bought it digitally. Sucks.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
A friend let me use his 3DS XL code, so I'm only 60 from platinum now. Not quite sure how I plan to get there.

Do you have Fortune Street? Fry's has it for $15 and Amazon has it for a little less. It's a fun Monopoly-like board game. Register it in the next couple weeks and you'll get your 60 points in time.

They gave something special for Mario 25 (pin set), but nothing for Zelda 25. :( Are we going to get a Luigi 20 Platinum Reward? Because all the rewards up until now have been Mario.

They gave something special for Mario 25 (pin set), but nothing for Zelda 25. :( Are we going to get a Luigi 20 Platinum Reward? Because all the rewards up until now have been Mario.
Mario's their meal ticket. I hesitate to think it could be anything else. Then again, the selection of Platinum prizes has been expanding every year so I guess anything is possible.

SmokeMaxX

A friend let me use his 3DS XL code, so I'm only 60 from platinum now. Not quite sure how I plan to get there.

Is that code on a card like in Nintendo games or can you register it for Club Nintendo through the device? I bought one used but I don't think they registered it.

Also, yeah you can check the B/S/T thread for points. Me and some other folks sell some of our extras.

zroid

Banned
I thought all product registration surveys now expired after 30 days. But I was just reading the FAQ and it said only downloaded games' surveys last 30 days -- physical game code registrations still expire after 7 days. Can anyone confirm?

So close to platinum!

I think I'm just about 1 retail game away. I really want one of those DS game cases (the game+stylus ones that are available) because my double sided game case I got last time is already full!

I can't decide if I want to wait and see if they ever get the Double Sided case back in stock or just pull the trigger on the one sided game+stylus case. Decisions, decisions...

I need 125 coins. Looks like I won't make it this year.

Also, I got no coins for the 3 Kirby games on Wii U. None of them gave coins?

MarkusRJR

I kind of expect this year's Platinum reward to be shit. They released two consoles (3DS XL and Wii U) so a lot more people than usual will have potential to reach Platinum.

zroid

Banned
Also, I got no coins for the 3 Kirby games on Wii U. None of them gave coins?

Only post-play surveys. They should show up one week from date of purchase.

I kind of expect this year's Platinum reward to be shit. They released two consoles (3DS XL and Wii U) so a lot more people than usual will have potential to reach Platinum.

Probably a Luigi hat -- not sure if that's shit or not, heh. I don't really want one, but it could be worse...

Zebra

So, will we ever get more of the green box? What's the likelihood of that happening within the next 30 days? Or was it a one-time thing?

I showed it to my gf last night because she had been waiting for something to spend her expiring coins on and she fell in love with it. She registered a couple games in order to hit 700 only to find out through trying to order it that it was out of stock. I wish nintendo would be more quick to update that shit on the main page so they don't get people's hopes up into thinking they still have stock.
It's in the unavailable section right now, but it wasn't last night and it didn't say anything on the item page itself. She had to try and order it to find out and I'm disappointed about that.

It should go in the unavailable section the instant the last one is ordered. I feel bad for even showing it to her now, since she seemed to really like it and she just used up a couple game codes that she might have been able to save for next year's platinum reward.

dam I'm 150 away from 1000 :(. I have 60 coins from post play though so it's more like 90.

That animal crossing looks mighty tempting though..... but I feel to self-conscious to play it in public

Synless

Gold Member
I had 730 Coins expiring in june and I'm leaving the country at the end of the week so I just ordered a few things yesterday and they come with a new reward?

Good thing it sucks.
Coins expire? On that note, I need 40 coins to hit platinum this year and I have nothing else that I wanna buy. Any way to get these coins by other means? I know I will get 20 coins for the two Zelda games today, and another 10 for Donkey Kong post play. How long does it take for post plays to pop up and when is the play deadline?

iphys

Coins expire? On that note, I need 40 coins to hit platinum this year and I have nothing else that I wanna buy. Any way to get these coins by other means? I know I will get 20 coins for the two Zelda games today, and another 10 for Donkey Kong post play. How long does it take for post plays to pop up and when is the play deadline?

You get the post-plays 7 days after downloading a digital game or registering a physical game. If you never downloaded all the freebies on the Wii or 3DS you might be able to still get some free coins. Otherwise, if you're only going to be 10 coins away, I'd just buy a $2 game on the eShop to make sure you get another 10-coin post-play.

I hope these club nintendo coin codes I have don't drop in value

Already platinum and waiting til the new year for club nintendo to redeem

I've got like 200ish saved :D

PedroRVD

I just bought a Wii U and I reached Elite :)

I have a question:

I live in latin america and I just read about changing the country to Canada to be able to use my credit card, I want to buy Super Mario Bros U. If I change to Canada to buy it, will I get coins for my CN account? or I will have a new Canada CN account with zero coins?

It takes like 2 years for coins to expire, and they'll email you a warning ahead of time if you gave them a legit email address.

zroid

Banned
I just bought a Wii U and I reached Elite :)

I have a question:

I live in latin america and I just read about changing the country to Canada to be able to use my credit card, I want to buy Super Mario Bros U. If I change to Canada to buy it, will I get coins for my CN account? or I will have a new Canada CN account with zero coins?

Yep, your existing account will accrue coins just fine.

If any games' values drop after June 30 will Nintendo say so beforehand?

I have 800 coins' worth of codes ready to enter but for some reason I'm not sure I want to. Rumors of a Luigi reward for Platinum + I'm not sure I can make Plat again next year...

donny2112

If any games' values drop after June 30 will Nintendo say so beforehand?

They did last year, but that's no guarantee of repeating such a forewarning this year. I'd expect them to pre-announce such drops, if games were dropping, but there's always a chance they won't pre-announce such drops.

rpmurphy

It takes like 2 years for coins to expire, and they'll email you a warning ahead of time if you gave them a legit email address.
You can also check how many coins expire at the end of the Club Nintendo year in your account details on the site.

seady

I am already hit Platinum this year, but will buy the Animal Crossing 3DSXL bundle, will it automatically process my points of the bundle toward this year if I log in online to transfer my files from old 3DS to the new XL?

PedroRVD

Yep, your existing account will accrue coins just fine.

Thank you, man. So the problem only is when we change from other country to Canada? Can I switch USA-Canada without problems? Is the deluxe digital promotion associated with Club Nintendo?

I appreciate your help.

iphys

They dropped the coin value for the Wii in the middle of the year without warning, although I was still able to get the 160 coins by registering quickly. And one of the games that wasn't supposed to drop in value on their list last year (the original Mario Galaxy?) did and they never fixed it to match what they had told people. Then there was the Tank Tank Tank fiasco where they advertised we'd get 70 coins, and only some of us were lucky enough to get 60, but that game was free, so I guess they didn't technically owe us anything. Who knows whether they will warn us before dropping game values again or not though. Legally, I think they'd be in the wrong because they specifically advertise on their site to buy their games to earn coins, and if people pay money for something, you have to give them what you advertised they would get for it. If they keep lowering the values on us, I think it's only a matter of time before some scruffy lawyer starts a class-action lawsuit over it, as silly as that sounds.

Lexxism

I am already hit Platinum this year, but will buy the Animal Crossing 3DSXL bundle, will it automatically process my points of the bundle toward this year if I log in online to transfer my files from old 3DS to the new XL?

No. The game that came from the bundle won't have any coins just like the MK7 bundle. So, you don't to worry of coins being processed.

zroid

Banned
Thank you, man. So the problem only is when we change from other country to Canada? Can I switch USA-Canada without problems? Is the deluxe digital promotion associated with Club Nintendo?

I appreciate your help.

The only thing about Wii U which differs from 3DS is you must have an NNID which corresponds to the country whose eShop you want to access. So if you have a US NNID for example, you have to set your Wii U region to USA in order to access the eShop. But if you have a Canadian NNID, you have to set the Wii U's region to Canada to access the Canadian eShop. You can make an additional NNID without any problems, though.

And the Deluxe promo is unrelated to Club Nintendo, I believe; it's linked to your NNID, not your Club Nintendo ID.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
My Mario Accessory Box arrived today. It's actually pretty nice. The material is thicker than I would have imagined, which is good.

Interestingly enough, the handles are the shorter ones seen on the Japanese version of the box instead of the long handles pictures on the Club Nintendo site (I'm definitely OK with this).

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
How did that Accessory Box sell out? It was 700 coins for a green square of fabric! It doesn't even have Luigi on it. :(

I hope people don't regret it when a 900-coin limited collector's thing comes out.

zroid

Banned
I thought all product registration surveys now expired after 30 days. But I was just reading the FAQ and it said only downloaded games' surveys last 30 days -- physical game code registrations still expire after 7 days. Can anyone confirm?

anyone?

Lexxism

As far as I can remember, yes. The physical code will only last for 7 days. I'm not quite sure with the digital since I rarely buy games on digital.

Roge_NES

Could someone help me, I got one question.

Can I register the same game on the same account after the Club Nintendo Year starts? For example, I registered Super Mario 3D Land back in 2011, Will I be able to register it again on the same account after June?

Lexxism

Could someone help me, I got one question.

Can I register the same game on the same account after the Club Nintendo Year starts? For example, I registered Super Mario 3D Land back in 2011, Will I be able to register it again on the same account after June?

No, you can't. You need to add a family account on your main if you want to do that.

Does anyone know if I can register digitally bought games?

Yes, you can. All you have to do is link you club nintendo account to your eshop. So once you downloaded a game, the survey will show up in your club nintendo site.

After Animal Crossing comes out next weekend, I'll have hit Platinum for this year. I gotta say I'm a little worried about the reward though, since last year's was a little lackluster (I got the cards, which are cool, buuuut just a little underwhelming). But even if it does turn out to be good, I'd still like a little more variety in the coin shop :\ They've gotten rid of so many things! And all the good stuff goes so fast :(

BooJoh

After Animal Crossing comes out next weekend, I'll have hit Platinum for this year. I gotta say I'm a little worried about the reward though, since last year's was a little lackluster (I got the cards, which are cool, buuuut just a little underwhelming). But even if it does turn out to be good, I'd still like a little more variety in the coin shop :\ They've gotten rid of so many things! And all the good stuff goes so fast :(

I have a feeling that they've come to realize that people eat up the digital games for coins, and "limited" items will sell out very quickly even if they charge far too many coins for them. Overall this works out to be a better deal for them.

zroid

Banned
As far as I can remember, yes. The physical code will only last for 7 days. I'm not quite sure with the digital since I rarely buy games on digital.

gah, okay, thanks :(

I snagged an extra code for NSMBU recently but I'm not sure if it was used or not. Guess I'll have to rein in my curiosity for another few weeks.

Top Bottom