• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Fandangox

F-Zero! Man I'd get it if I didn't already had it on VC.

Also F-Zero X available on Club Nintendo right before E3. Hype signal?
:C

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So we have until June 30th to get Platinum status, right?
Yes, June 30th is the last day of the reward year, then July 1st resets your yearly status.

From what I'm seeing, Link 'n' Launch got a decent reception when released. It's an Intelligent Systems puzzle game similar to Pipe Dream, but you have to direct fuel to 3 different boosters instead of just one goal.

Lavapotamus

Neo Member
F-Zero will be mine. I love SMB3, but I'll never be able to enjoy it as much as I do on the NES for whatever stupid reason. That controller just feels...right.

Nairume

Banned
p8HgUG6.png

Mario and F-Zero are both so tempting.

jph139

Cool, Metroid II is the only one I haven't played (well, that an Fusion). I've got a few hundred coins expiring, so...

Hey, do we get post-play surveys for these games, by the by?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm pretty sure, yes. My coin history states I got coins for the two games I got from CN, Metroid 2 from the last time it was up, and Punch-Out.

The games haven't updated for me yet, is it worth getting Excitebike while I can?
All honestly, no. I got it when it was originally free, and it was really "meh". Granted, the 3D effect was rather cool, but unless you enjoyed it previously, you'll probably get bored of it quickly.

Drago

I only have 265 coins... Do I really want to use my coins for next year towards these two games? :(

Really surprised at the excellent selection of games recently for the Wii side of Club Nintendo. 3DS however...

Eric C

p8HgUG6.png

Mario and F-Zero are both so tempting.

Gonna get Mario 3 so I can upgrade for $1 whenever it shows up on the Wii U.

Does Mario 3 qualify for any Club Nintendo coins? If so I might get it on my Wii and transfer it to my Wii U.

If not I'll just get it on my Wii U and save myself the trouble of transferring. I don't understand why Wii games purchased on the Wii U can't still qualify for Club Nintendo coins.

I am a bit dissapointed, as I only have a 3ds :/

Is platinum status really worth it..? I only need 105 more coins (would already be there if I never got Kid Icarus)

zroid

Banned
F-Zero X is tempting, but at this point I have every other F-Zero game and haven't played any of them for more than a few minutes each. -_-

Drago

At this point I'm only getting games off Club Nintendo so I don't have to pay a lot when the WiiU versions come out.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
i never played Super Mario bros 3, and i don't have a wii :/

why cant we play the damn thing on my 3ds :'((((

Because it wouldn't be Nintendo if it made sense. Anyways I'm grabbing SMB3 for sure.

So, if in the future I got a Wii U...would I just pay $.30 to convert, or do I have to wait for it to become an official Wii U VC game?

LGom09

Because it wouldn't be Nintendo if it made sense. Anyways I'm grabbing SMB3 for sure.

So, if in the future I got a Wii U...would I just pay $.30 to convert, or do I have to wait for it to become an official Wii U VC game?
$1.50 to convert when it comes to Wii U VC.

EDIT:
SNES - $1.50
NES - $1.00
Not sure about other systems.

Eric C

30¢ is the special sales price for only a few select games(SMB3 is not one of them), that promotion is ending soon.

The upgrade fee is $1 VS the $5 Nintendo charges for NES games if you didn't upgrade.

And yes you'd have to first transfer it to your Wii U, then wait for whenever Nintendo releases the Wii U version. Though I'm guessing SMB3 will be released sooner rather than later.

iphys

Cool, Metroid II is the only one I haven't played (well, that an Fusion). I've got a few hundred coins expiring, so...

You do, except SMB3 and F-Zero X won't qualify because they were released before Oct 13, 2008.

30¢ is the special sales price for only a few select games(SMB3 is not one of them), that promotion is ending soon.

The upgrade fee is $1 for NES games

And yes you'd have to first transfer it to your Wii U, then wait for whenever Nintendo releases the Wii U version. Though I'm guessing SMB3 will be released sooner rather than later.

can i redeem this with a WIIU, as i don't have a Wii?

wish Nintendo would get N64 games on the wii u cause i would want portable f-zero x on the gamepad :(

really tempted though.

already got metroid II a couple months ago and im stuck lol, i need to reset and use a map online

womp

Are VC games played through Wii Mode on WiiU displayed in 4:3 or stretched by default, like they are on a Wii?

zroid

Banned
June 30... sneaky bastards

edit: actually, if history's an indicator, we'd still have time to redeem them on July 1st morning.

Hmmm Knowing my luck if I get F-zero and Metroid 2 they'll come out with a good physical reward, but what are the chances of that happening before July 1st?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Hmmm Knowing my luck if I get F-zero and Metroid 2 they'll come out with a good physical reward, but what are the chances of that happening before July 1st?

I don't really see it happening, but if you're worried about it, Metroid 2 has been offered I think 2-3 times already (one time as a gold/platinum reward option). I'd be very surprised if it wasn't offered again at some point.

Top Bottom