• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
New to this, we still keep the coins we have at the end of this months right? We just won't be "gold/plat" anymore?
Correct. You have to earn 300 & 600 within a year to qualify for Gold & Platinum. You still keep your spending coins, but your status just resets.

Jeez, they're out of the History of Handhelds Cards again. Anyone happen to know how long they seem to take to restock a reward or is there no real pattern?

Also, did they raise the threshold for Platinum? I thought it was at 600.

donny2112

Also, did they raise the threshold for Platinum? I thought it was at 600.

Platinum threshold is 600 in a year. There's some kind of bug where if you're Platinum, and then your coins go below 600, it lowers you back to Gold on the graphic on the top right of the page. Check your account history for your real status as Gold/Platinum, though. Guessing you're maybe hitting that bug?

teeg

Jeez, they're out of the History of Handhelds Cards again. Anyone happen to know how long they seem to take to restock a reward or is there no real pattern?

There's no real pattern. However I highly doubt that any of the items that were added briefly yesterday will ever be restocked again. It seemed like a box with a few of each items was found and that small amount was placed back into stock. Or they were kept to replace any lost/damaged item claims and there were no more outstanding orders so they placed them on the site.

Although the History of Handhelds Cards are something that can easily be printed again, so that's a possibility.

RussellXV

Got the accessory box in yesterday. Looks exactly like the one below. No long handles.

It's only 450 on the JPN Club Nintendo..

pop_itemimg_p163.jpg

Much as I like the sound of a limited quantity reward, I'd much rather wait for something more substantial. Like the XL docks, 3DS Game Cases or something numbered.

Vamphuntr

Tried to complete a post play survey, got a Whoops! Page not found at the end and now my coins are reset to zero. Lost about 350 coins. I'm not happy. Is that a common glitch?

Parallacs

Bummed I couldn't get either the handheld cards or luigi case yesterday. The cards were still showing up all evening but I kept getting Konged when I tried to order.

I wish this whole thing wasn't like buying concert tickets.

Bummed I couldn't get either the handheld cards or luigi case yesterday. The cards were still showing up all evening but I kept getting Konged when I tried to order.

I wish this whole thing wasn't like buying concert tickets.

Yeah it's really nuts how quickly they sold-out. I'm hoping they'll put them back up soon since they're just plain cards, and they're kinda out of almost half of the rewards they'd normally offer.

I just thought of this, but Deluxe WiiU owners get a code for each $5 they get, right?

So...if anyone wants to trade, I'll buy F-Zero 64 off of CN if you will give me a $5 code with the deluxe program.

If you just want it to play without off tv, the you would be saving $5 off of F-Zero 64. So if anyone wants to trade, send me a pm.

I may also be willing to trade for a physical product if its not too much in coins.

Has anyone gotten their surveys for Zelda Seasons and Ages yet?

I've only got 100 points to go so every one counts. Those two Zeldas, Animal Crossing, and maybe another VC game should be enough to bump me over to Platinum.

Has anyone gotten their surveys for Zelda Seasons and Ages yet?

I've only got 100 points to go so every one counts. Those two Zeldas, Animal Crossing, and maybe another VC game should be enough to bump me over to Platinum.
VC post plays don't show up until 7 days after downloading them so if you downloaded them the first day you'll get them tomorrow.

VC post plays don't show up until 7 days after downloading them so if you downloaded them the first day you'll get them tomorrow.

Sweet, wasn't sure how long that process normally takes. I better pick up the other VC game I wanted soon so I can get the points from that as well.

noquarter

Does anyone know if you cam register 2 3DSs on the same account and get credit for both? I lost one and replaced it, but had Nintendo help get the digital money and ambassador stuff before registering it and now I don't have coins. Just curious before I call them again and wait.

Thanks.

Weird question: What is the value of these codes in US dollars? I really don't have much interest in redeeming codes and would rather sell them if I can.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Weird question: What is the value of these codes in US dollars? I really don't have much interest in redeeming codes and would rather sell them if I can.
I tend to see them on CAG for about $3ish. Might get $4 or $5 from people who need a last minute code near the end of the reward year, but that's pretty much the max you'll get.

Does anyone know if you cam register 2 3DSs on the same account and get credit for both? I lost one and replaced it, but had Nintendo help get the digital money and ambassador stuff before registering it and now I don't have coins. Just curious before I call them again and wait.

Thanks.
From my understand/Nintendo's FAQ, you can register multiple games/systems, but you only get credit/coins for the first.

Colby

Will Monster Hunter U and Game and Wario give me 100 coins? I'm not sure if MH comes with a code...I sure hope it does. What about Denpa Men 2?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
MH3U gives you a code on 3DS for 40 coins (Wii U version, only digital, 60 coins), and Game & Wario will give you an extra 10 coins if you sign up for the Intend-To-Buy by the 16th, retail or digital. Sure you would get 60 + the 10 bonus + the 10 post-play survey. So yeah, You should get 100+ coins for registering both. Both Denpa Men games give you 20 coins.

List of all qualified games and their values can be seen here.

jbueno

I´m 140 coins away from Platinum this year, I don´t think I´ll make it. Oh well it´s not like the rewards have been amazing or anything, but I will kick myself if they offer something nice like a special OST or that SFC Classic Controller.

noquarter

From my understand/Nintendo's FAQ, you can register multiple games/systems, but you only get credit/coins for the first.
Thanks. I saw that, but the DSi would allow you to register at least two, so was hoping someone had done that.

Still 190 coins away from Platinum, but still got old PostPlays from a couple of years ago and some DS. and Wii games I bought on clearance for such an occasion. Time to open Pokemon Battle Arena and hope there is a code inside ;)

Thanks. I saw that, but the DSi would allow you to register at least two, so was hoping someone had done that.

Still 190 coins away from Platinum, but still got old PostPlays from a couple of years ago and some DS. and Wii games I bought on clearance for such an occasion. Time to open Pokemon Battle Arena and hope there is a code inside ;)
I've registered 2 3ds' on the same account (1 launch, 1 XL) and got coins for each of them. I've also registered multiple Dsi's in the past and got coins for each of them.

Does Nintendo change up the rewards at all after June 30th?

I've nearly got 600 points and I'm wondering if I should get the DS Game+Stylus Case or if I should wait a little bit to see if they ever restock the 3DS/DS Game Case.

Obviously I'd prefer the 3DS/DS one since you can fit twice as many games (and the last one I got is full!), but if they don't restock it then I might as well just go with the current one available.

jblank83

No, rewards come and go piece meal. There's no end of year mixup, at least not in the 5 years we've had Club Nintendo in the US.

No, rewards come and go piece meal. There's no end of year mixup, at least not in the 5 years we've had Club Nintendo in the US.

Yeah, I was afraid of as much. I loved that 3DS/DS game case reward, it's so useful!
Oh well, the DS/Stylus Cases never seem to go away and I don't have any points expiring so I may as well wait it out for a while.

People's stories of using friend's Club Nintendo cards got me to thinking that a lot of my friends probably don't use their points, so I'm checking to see if I can get a whole bunch since one friend just bought a 3DS for his GF. :D

NEO0MJ

Will Monster Hunter U and Game and Wario give me 100 coins? I'm not sure if MH comes with a code...I sure hope it does. What about Denpa Men 2?

Only the digital version of MH 3U gives you Nintendo points, the retail version doesn't come with a code.

Fou-Lu

Managed to get 20 coins away from platinum. So close.

EDIT: Oh yeah! I totally get post play surveys for Ages and Seasons. I will get to platinum exactly. Score!

AirBrian

Do you earn coins from buying games from a prepaid card? I bought both Ages and Seasons and I did not receive coins yet. It's also the first time using a prepaid card, so that's why I'm asking.

Do you earn coins from buying games from a prepaid card? I bought both Ages and Seasons and I did not receive coins yet. It's also the first time using a prepaid card, so that's why I'm asking.

I bought Mario Kart 7 with a prepaid card and received my coins.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I got coins for winning a code for MH3U, and even cooler, got the points for the Deluxe Digital Program, so I also got $5 in credit. Pretty sure that codes on the prepaid cards will count as well.

krae_man

Anybody need 30 coins to hit platinum? I have an extra Epic Yarn code. I don't want to create another account. I already have 4:lol

Top Bottom