• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

wilflare

i'm a little lost. i'm like 70coins to GOLD. I do have some coins I have yet to redeem.. should I redeem now? or will my new GOLD status expire end June?

there is also a difference between registering on Club Nintendo.. and getting coins right?

i'm a little lost. i'm like 70coins to GOLD. I do have some coins I have yet to redeem.. should I redeem now? or will my new GOLD status expire end June?

there is also a difference between registering on Club Nintendo.. and getting coins right?

Your Gold status would expire in June if you reach it, but you will keep the coins if you don't use them. If you are close to getting either Platinum or Gold you might as well do it.

wilflare

Your Gold status would expire in June if you reach it, but you will keep the coins if you don't use them. If you are close to getting either Platinum or Gold you might as well do it.

hmm they don't carry over right?
can I try to hit Gold/Platinum after June 30? doubt I'll be able to hit Elite.. I need about 230 coins

Synless

Gold Member
I thought that Tanks! game on Wii U gave you coins even though it was free. I am still 40 coins away now because it gave me none.

thanks! hmm but I'm not on any GOLD/PLATINUM now so would it better to wait?
or will the reset start my coin balance at 0 (though my points do not expire)

Any coins you add will stay in your balance for around 2 years (there's a link on your account to see when they expire). If you add them this month, they will not expire until some time in 2015.

But, to reach Gold or Platinum, they only count the coins you add for that year. So, if you add 600 coins today, you'll reach Platinum for this year, but on July 1st a new Club Nintendo year begins and those 600 coins will not count towards achieving Gold or Platinum for the new year (you'll still have the 600 coins though, as I said, for around 2 years, and can spend them on rewards in the reward catalog).

zroid

Banned
I thought that Tanks! game on Wii U gave you coins even though it was free. I am still 40 coins away now because it gave me none.

Yeah, it was worth 60 coins for about a day or two... and then they realized people were getting free coins and fixed it. :(

wilflare

Any coins you add will stay in your balance for around 2 years (there's a link on your account to see when they expire). If you add them this month, they will not expire until some time in 2015.

But, to reach Gold or Platinum, they only count the coins you add for that year. So, if you add 600 coins today, you'll reach Platinum for this year, but on July 1st a new Club Nintendo year begins and those 600 coins will not count towards achieving Gold or Platinum for the new year (you'll still have the 600 coins though, as I said, for around 2 years, and can spend them on rewards in the reward catalog).

thanks! that's much clearer now :D
should I add then... is there anything worthwhile now?

I was thinking of getting touch pouches haha

RoadDogg

Woohoo! A friend of mine apparently doesn't use club nintendo and gave me some of his codes for games I didn't have. 4 DS games put me over the edge to platinum! I sure hope it isn't a crap fest price like last years.

isny

napkin dispenser
Woohoo! A friend of mine apparently doesn't use club nintendo and gave me some of his codes for games I didn't have. 4 DS games put me over the edge to platinum! I sure hope it isn't a crap fest price like last years.

TBH the last two years have both been miserable Platinum gifts. The pins and posters have both been sitting in storage since I got em.

Galang

Banned
I just realized I only registered the serial number and not the actual club Nintendo pins on either of my family's 3DS systems. Not sure why I never even noticed until now..

Roge_NES

The accessory box arrived today, it's really big, no wonder it costs 700 coins.

45eeffd0cfd311e2a8fa22000ae9142a_7.jpg

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
We nabbed one of the accessory bags and I can confirm the build quality is very nice. Sturdy stitching, and there is a steel ring sewn into the top rim of the bag to keep it rigid.

IrishNinja

yeah, im close to 1k coins and not much to use em on, after our next disappointing platinum reward if we don't see any other top-tier offerings i might bite when they restock

Coldsnap

Can you not register two games on an account? I got two copies of fire emblem and two copies of mario cart 7, my doubles are not going through :(. If not anyone want to trade these codes for others?

zroid

Banned
Or better yet can I just link my girlfriends 3DS to my account, so when I buy doubles of games I can get the points?

uhh no, don't do that if you're planning to buy multiple copies of the same game. the trick to getting credit for the same game 2+ times is to use a family account. just make a second CN account and then add it the family of your main account. you'll have to sign into the sub-account to fill out its surveys, but all the coins accrued will be added to the same pool and count towards the same Elite status.

Coldsnap

uhh no, don't do that if you're planning to buy multiple copies of the same game. the trick to getting credit for the same game 2+ times is to use a family account. just make a second CN account and then add it the family of your main account. you'll have to sign into the sub-account to fill out its surveys, but all the coins accrued will be added to the same pool and count towards the same Elite status.

that worked! thanks!

JosiahB

I have a quick question, just to make sure I'm correct. If I save the CN code for AC:NL, and enter it in July (before the 9th), I'll get the full points, right? Even the bonus ten? I'm pretty sure I would, but I just want to make sure...

Lexxism

I have a quick question, just to make sure I'm correct. If I save the CN code for AC:NL, and enter it in July (before the 9th), I'll get the full points, right? Even the bonus ten? I'm pretty sure I would, but I just want to make sure...

What bonus? Intend to buy? The retail code will only last 1 week(7days). You'll only get 60 coins(40 survey, 10 early registration, 10 post survey) minus the intend to buy.

JosiahB

What bonus? Intend to buy? The retail code will only last 1 week(7days). You'll only get 60 coins(40 survey, 10 early registration, 10 post survey) minus the intend to buy.

I was talking about the early registration, sorry for not being clear. (I already did the intend to buy survey.)

Lexxism

I was talking about the early registration, sorry for not being clear. (I already did the intend to buy survey.)

Yeah. You'll get the early registration bonus if you register the code before the 9th of July. That's what I'm planning also. I don't want to waste my 60 coins on this club nintendo year since I'm already platinum.

JosiahB

Yeah. You'll get the early registration bonus if you register the code before the 9th of July. That's what I'm planning also. I don't want to waste my 60 coins on this club nintendo year since I'm already platinum.

Alright, great. Yeah, I'm already 50% over Platinum, so figured I need to start saving stuff (I have seven post plays waiting). Anyway, thanks.

95 coins to go. I'm not disappointed in myself. I'm disappointed in Nintendo. For not giving me more points for my Wii U and for not releasing more games I wanted to buy. Maybe next year...

Top Bottom