• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
captainfalcon-yes.gif

Camjo-Z

Hm... I own all these new game rewards except for Link n Launch. I guess I'll look up some reviews and see if it's worth grabbing.

Also to anyone wondering, F-Zero X is awesome and well worth the coins. Definitely more in common with GX than the original game, though. Metroid II is also decent, although it's kind of hard to play these days since it's about as primitive as the original Metroid. Nintendo really should give it a Zero Mission-style update on 3DS.

teeg

I noticed the History of Handheld Systems cards and the Luigi 3DS Pouch are now back in stock.

I ordered the handheld cards as I've wanted them ever since I saw this photo posted by EvilMario earlier in this thread:

EvilMario do you know what size frame you used?

eggwolio

I wish they would update the history of handhelds cards. Would be nice to see them send out an updated 3DS card with more colors shown on the back, as well as a 3DSXL card.

Drago

You only get coins from the download games if you redeem them on Wii right? Just did that and transferred them to WiiU in the hopes I can get 20 free coins...

teeg

I suspect that these re-stocks are just they found a few more items sitting in a box somewhere. I wouldn't expect them stay around forever.

Now if they'd only find more of the History of Donkey Kong poster that I neglected to get when it came back for a few weeks...

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Ooo never played F-Zero X. I know a big deal was made of it being 60 fps all the time back in the day. Worth 200 coins?

I have a question. Can I transfer content from my current 3DS to a new 3DS without registrating the Club Nintendo code? Also, if I transfer the content will it automatically register on the website?

Thorakai

I think I'll nab F-Zero X and take a chance to see if my remaining expiring coins will be valid in time for new games on July 1st. Worst come to worst I'll lose 70 coins. I'll wait to see if any good physical rewards pop up from now until the 30th.

iphys

You only get coins from the download games if you redeem them on Wii right? Just did that and transferred them to WiiU in the hopes I can get 20 free coins...

Unless they've changed their policy lately, the Wii VC and WiiWare titles released before Oct 13, 2008, don't qualify for coins, and both these games were released in 2007.

Portman

I noticed the History of Handheld Systems cards and the Luigi 3DS Pouch are now back in stock.

I ordered the handheld cards as I've wanted them ever since I saw this photo posted by EvilMario earlier in this thread:

Sweet, thanks for the heads up on the history of handhelds cards! I had been waiting on those to show back up for a while. After seeing them framed I think I'm going to duplicate that with them once they arrive and put the holder for the cards with my other Club Nintendo stuff.

Damn the Luigi pouch is out of stock. I was at work but didn't have enough coins registered. Now I do, so hopefully someone around here will alert us when they are up. I already have the Mario case lol.

Davey Cakes

Are there any updates on how coin values will change going into the next Club Nintendo year?

I'm trying to be strategic with my game registrations. I want to register a game in order to bump me up to Platinum while also giving me enough coins to purchase F-Zero X.

Two of my main choices are Sin & Punishment 2 and Pilotwings Resort. Considering that you can always find these games for way under their original prices, I feel like they're good candidates for coin value drops. Any word on if these games (or other games) are changing their coin values as of July 1st? Is this, perhaps, recorded in the Coin Value Spreadsheet?

Two games for me! SMB3 and F-Zero X. I only spend my coins on games, so this is a good month. I have carts for both, but slowly I'm using Club Nintendo to go digital for all my Nintendo first-party games.

Eric C

So I have SMB3 now.

It's so annoying having to go into Wii mode and switch to using the Wiimote. I wanna play it on the GamePad like I can with SMW.

Nintendo, hurry up and release it on the Wii U VC, I'll give you the $1.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
815 coins and absolutely nothing that interests me on the store (something physical, not a game). Plus, I have Metroid II and SMB3 already. Not really interested in F-Zero X, though I might look into it ... I have F-Zero on SNES, GBA and F-Zero GX already. Might as well get X I guess.

Is it so damn hard to have a cool Nintendo themed mug as a reward. IS IT!? :(

Fuck, the History of Handheld Systems cards are already out of stock. Should have jumped on it a few hours ago.

What are the chances of new prizes being added before the end of June? Probably pretty slim? Got 240 coins expiring and nothing of interest. Guess I'll get one of the hand towels if nothing comes up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering we just got the new games and that box was added last week, I honestly can't see anything else being added for the time being.

Morts

I'll probably end up with cashing in some coins for SMB3, but it's odd that they haven't started doing codes for the Wii U eShop yet.

Drago

I'll probably end up with cashing in some coins for SMB3, but it's odd that they haven't started doing codes for the Wii U eShop yet.

There aren't any 1st Party eShop games for WiiU yet I believe, and the WiiU Virtual Console is way too recent to be giving out games there for free.

We'll probably see WiiU games come by the end of this year, hopefully.

So I have SMB3 now.

It's so annoying having to go into Wii mode and switch to using the Wiimote. I wanna play it on the GamePad like I can with SMW.

Nintendo, hurry up and release it on the Wii U VC, I'll give you the $1.

Remember to hold "B" on the WiiU gamepad when you turn on the system to go straight to Wii mode. That shortcut has saved me a bit of time when I want to just play Wii stuff.

Just remember, folks, this is the last month to achieve Gold or Platinum status for 2013. Don't wait until the last moment to start scrambling for coins. And before people start asking, we don't find out what the Gold/Platinum rewards are until a week or two into July. (edit: actually last year it was announced on July 1st) They usually announce them then. Sometimes they surprise us early, but don't expect an announcement before July.

Picked up F-Zero X, which I had never played despite loving the SNES original, GX and the one GBA version I had. Just played about half an hour and man, it seems pretty awesome. Really surprised how many ideas they used in GX originated in X, it really feels like the proto version of GX. Cool game, framerate mostly smooth as butter, and so far I recommend, although again I haven't played it a ton.

Picked up F-Zero X, which I had never played despite loving the SNES original, GX and the one GBA version I had. Just played about half an hour and man, it seems pretty awesome. Really surprised how many ideas they used in GX originated in X, it really feels like the proto version of GX. Cool game, framerate mostly smooth as butter, and so far I recommend, although again I haven't played it a ton.

Sega gets a lot of credit for GX, but it's heavily based on what was established for F-Zero X. F-Zero X was one of the main games in rotation for me and my friends in high school along with Mario Kart 64, StarFox 64, and Goldeneye.

Ondore

I'd love a choice as long as it's:
- Cool physical thing A
- Cool physical thing B
- Retail 3DS game

Of course, we'll probably get none of those options.

Top Bottom