• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

ngower

Anyone have recommendations for a cheap retail title or some cheap eShop games (I don't want anymore Zelda games!) that'll get me twenty Club Nintendo points? I'm so close and want to reach Platinum status before I forget and end up in a period of regret, angst and self-loathing for failing to meet the 600 point threshold. (Sarcasm...)

Will Attack of the Friday Monsters come out before the June 30 cut-off? Because I plan to get that anyway.

95 coins to go. I'm not disappointed in myself. I'm disappointed in Nintendo. For not giving me more points for my Wii U and for not releasing more games I wanted to buy. Maybe next year...

Ya I only need 110, oh well. I got gold so hopefully something decent will be given away. Maybe next year since I am planning to get a Wii U this fall.

I hit platinum a while ago thanks to my nephew's 3DS XL. Hopefully the prizes are awesome this time around. Last year, I picked the Nintendo desk calendar >_>. IIRC the other stuff wasn't as appealing.

Korigama

Probably a silly question, but I figured I might as well ask (only need 30 more coins, and every little bit helps): do monthly digital games purchased through Club Nintendo still yield surveys for more coins, or do they not count them because you used coins to get them in the first place?

noquarter

Just a heads up for those of you with Prime and needing a few coins, Amazon has Rhythm Heaven Fever and Spirit Camera at $10 or so and eligible for Prime. Those should net you 60 coins.

alf717

Just a heads up for those of you with Prime and needing a few coins, Amazon has Rhythm Heaven Fever and Spirit Camera at $10 or so and eligible for Prime. Those should net you 60 coins.

I'm 120 away from Platinum this year. I might do this. That would make 3 3DS titles and 0 3DS handhelds. :p Had a chance to get Steel Divers for $5 used but I figured the code wouldn't work. Is it possible to register the same game twice and still get coins for them?

NEO0MJ

Probably a silly question, but I figured I might as well ask (only need 30 more coins, and every little bit helps): do monthly digital games purchased through Club Nintendo still yield surveys for more coins, or do they not count them because you used coins to get them in the first place?

I just redeemed 150 coins for Metroid II last week and I now have a post-play survey for it.

cacildo

I got two animal crossings (digital) in two different XLs that are tied to the same Club Nintendo account.

But only one survey shows.

Is that it? Did i lose one of the surveys because bought the same game twice on one account?

NEO0MJ

Last years was a sham, this year had better be good.
Please let there be something good Nintendo

Year of Luigi, I feel so certain it will be a Luigi hat this year.

I got two animal crossings (digital) in two different XLs that are tied to the same Club Nintendo account.

But only one survey shows.

Is that it? Did i lose one of the surveys because bought the same game twice on one account?

Yeah, you can't redeem the same code twice. If one was cart and one was digital I think it would have been accepted.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got 10 post play surveys waiting to be taken and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon to register. Already have enough coins for 1/2 way towards Gold status once the next reward year starts. Wish I knew Nintendo Land bundled with the Wii U didn't count for the Intent-To-Buy.

Strangely, despite downloading it the same day it was out, I never got the survey for Tank Tank Tank.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's going to be a Luigi hat
For some reason, the first thing that popped in my head was a promo similar to OoT 3D, where the first people who registered the game got the OST, except getting the hat for registering New Super Luigi U.

...wish they would do those more often. I know we discussed them earlier with GCN & GBA era games, but it was neat getting bonus items for registering specific games.

alf717

Think I might make it this year but only if I can get surveys for Wii to Wii U VC game upgrades. I could score 90-100 point if this works.

zroid

Banned
For some reason, the first thing that popped in my head was a promo similar to OoT 3D, where the first people who registered the game got the OST, except getting the hat for registering New Super Luigi U.

...wish they would do those more often. I know we discussed them earlier with GCN & GBA era games, but it was neat getting bonus items for registering specific games.

They really should. Japan gets those kinda of promos all the time.

More importantly, I don't know why they won't give us more soundtrack rewards. I mean, CDs with music they own but don't sell anyway have to be like the cheapest things to manufacture, right? It's messed up.

A few months ago, I hassled their customer service about offering more soundtracks, got a pretty generic response. :(

Zeeman

For Wii games, you have to do it on an actual Wii. If you get them through the eshop in Wii mode on a Wii U, you won't get the coins.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Let's say I bought a used 3DS XL with Ambassador Status (which I did).

Since it has ambassador status, I figure it's registered on some club nintendo account.

Can I somehow transfer it's registration to another club nintendo account and NOT lose everything in it, like the ambassador status and it's games? I currently don't have a Club Nintendo account.

Do I have to use the Club Nintendo account it's registered on?

If the seller doesn't provide that info, will all my points go towards his account and he'll get all the bonuses?

I'm mostly talking about digital purchases, because any physical purchases (hint hint, there won't be any) I could register to the new club nintendo.

How would all of that work?

iphys

The ambassador games have nothing to do with what Club Nintendo account you link the system to. They're tied to the system, so go ahead and make a new account and link the system to it.

zroid

Banned
Depends on the game, though. Virtual Console, DSiWare, and WiiWare titles only have post play surveys, so it takes a week.

Original 3DS eShop and Wii U eShop content have registration surveys, which should show up soon after you purchase the game.

Javier

I'm platinum..what does that do for me? Do I get anything cool for it?
Yes, you get an exclusive gift that should be revealed around July, although they don't start shipping them until November at the earliest.

Last year they let you choose between a physical reward or a digital game, so it's probably like that again this year.

Yes, you get an exclusive gift that should be revealed around July, although they don't start shipping them until November at the earliest.

Last year they let you choose between a physical reward or a digital game, so it's probably like that again this year.

Didn't Plat get the digital game and the physical reward last year?

GAF, I'm 50 points away from Platinum and deciding on getting a 3DS game to reach it.

Recommend a game?

Already got:
3D land
OoT
Mario Kart
Animal Crossing

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
GAF, I'm 50 points away from Platinum and deciding on getting a 3DS game to reach it.

Recommend a game?

Already got:
3D land
OoT
Mario Kart
Animal Crossing

Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion for sure. Fire Emblem is much more accommodating for newcomers than previous iterations, thanks to Casual playstyle. Luigi's Mansion oozes polish, has multiplayer, can be completed in ten hours if you desire, or can last you close to thirty hours if you want to explore and obtain everything without a guide.

I would recommend Paper Mario: Sticker Star as well, although it's a very divisive game. Kid Icarus: Uprising is an amazing title (presentation value, voice acting, comedy, great online multiplayer), but the controls leave a poor taste in the mouth of some people.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a good, if underwhelming (compared to 3D Land) title. Pilotwings can be found for cheap and is a nice title if you enjoy shooting for perfection and high scores. StarFox is in a similar boat, although I see it marked down a bit less than Pilotwings.

DaBoss

What kind of games do you like? I recommend these two as general games for anyone who doesn't own them.

Fire Emblem Awakening
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Kid Icarus: Uprising

zroid

Banned
Really hoping it's not a Luigi hat now, seeing as I just snagged this thing yesterday:

hni_0074_mpouwzf0.jpg

it's crappier than the one the might give us as a Plat reward, but even so... one Luigi hat is enough :p

iphys

Recommend a game?

Already got:
3D land
OoT
Mario Kart
Animal Crossing

Donkey Kong is still eligible for early registration and only costs $35. Otherwise, I'd go with Luigi's Mansion or Kid Icarus.

Top Bottom