• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Hey guys, I've not bought any retail games from the eShop, so forgive the basic question, but if I buy a game tonight, will it dump coins into this calendar year, or do I still have to fill out a survey to get the coins? If that's the case, I could buy Animal Crossing tonight digitally and have the coins go into next year?

Because we're starving for new physical items and people have expiring coins. I wonder how many more will go out of stock before Nintendo gives us some new physical rewards.

teeg

A bunch of old items are restocked in Club Nintendo... https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

Now's your chance to get that Boo Notebook you never wanted but secretly always needed!

I picked up the DK poster Set for the DK History poster... tempted by the Mario one, but I really don't like to look of the history poster. I suspect they will be small quantities like the previous restocks.

iphys

Thanks, got the DS game rack. Thought we'd never see that again! I'm hoping it will fit 10 3DS games instead of 8 DS ones, but if not, I guess I can still use it for my DS ones.

iphys

I think the Animal Crossing cards have generally been available except just recently, but you can never count on when something might disappear for good.

eggwolio

I sure hope that rack sticks around for a bit. I gotta redeem some coins and take some surveys tonight. Have always regretted missing out on that one.

iphys

Yeah, I didn't redeem for the rack before, because it's a little expensive for how few cases it holds, but now that I've redeemed for everything else I ever wanted, I'm glad it came back. I'm pretty sure it should hold 10 3DS cases, because I stacked up 4 DS cases beside 5 3DS ones, and it looks the same as far as I can tell.

I hope it wasn't a mistake that it got listed though, because I ordered almost 2 hours ago, and I still have no confirmation e-mail, and my order history says "Order Problem" for it. They took my 600 coins, so at least it seems like the order went through.

iphys

Lol, almost everything they restocked has already sold out. What kind of joke is this with their limited supplies of everything? It still says "Order Problem" for my order, so I hope I am actually going to get it.

rpmurphy

That Boo notebook is too cute. I want to get the Animal Crossing fan first though... Hopefully it will still be available on July 1st...

I'm hoping that we get some new physical rewards related to Wii U or 3DS XL soon.

For example -- the new colored 3DS XL charging cradles that were added to the Japanese Club Nintendo would be awesome.

I would love to get a white one to match my Animal Crossing 3DS XL!

zroid

Banned
Lol, almost everything they restocked has already sold out. What kind of joke is this with their limited supplies of everything? It still says "Order Problem" for my order, so I hope I am actually going to get it.

They found a few extras under a table somewhere, lol

I'm really getting worried that permanent physical rewards are just getting phased out entirely. They'll keep putting up a few items now and again, but they'll sell out within days and never get restocked.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Are the fans good quality? I missed the Blooper one, and I want to get the Fireworks Fan for Animal Crossing goodness. :]

Davey Cakes

Decided to register S&P2 to bump me into Platinum status. I still think it's pretty sweet that I got the game for 8 bucks and yet I'll get the full 60 coins out if it in the end.

I'm curious about what the prize will be. Hopefully something that puts on a better display. The pins were okay for this, but the card box isn't really special and I don't think I'll ever actually use the cards themselves. I just prefer collectibles.

The Mario statue is still my favorite prize since it's a decent display piece. I always hope we'll get something else like that.

Decided to register S&P2 to bump me into Platinum status. I still think it's pretty sweet that I got the game for 8 bucks and yet I'll get the full 60 coins out if it in the end.

Sin and Punishment 2 for $8 might be the best deal in gaming ever.

zroid

Banned
Sin and Punishment 2 for $8 might be the best deal in gaming ever.

Not quite

YbNaCnl.png

:)

It's not in stock now, but it was a few weeks ago.

They refreshed the rewards, huh? No reappearance of the 3DS card cases I gather? Ah well. Even if they had shown up I guess they'd be gone by now anyways. That's the only thing at this point I still particularly have my eyes on.

Hex

Banned
I am 80 away from gold this year, I have been slacking so should I just not bother and hold codes I am assuming?
I figure I will be picking up a Wii U and other things down the line so the Luigi's mansion code I just got and any other codes I end up with this weekend are pointless wasting.

iphys

80 doesn't seem very far off. If you have a Luigi's Mansion code you still have time to do the post-play to get 50. Not too hard to get the other 30 with a couple cheap eShop games. I'd say gold status is worth it assuming they offer up games again, and I doubt they will go back to just the calendar since they seem to be moving away from physical rewards.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm curious about what the prize will be. Hopefully something that puts on a better display. The pins were okay for this, but the card box isn't really special and I don't think I'll ever actually use the cards themselves. I just prefer collectibles.

The Mario statue is still my favorite prize since it's a decent display piece. I always hope we'll get something else like that.
Yeah, the statue has probably been the best reward so far, and that hat was a nice one as well, especially since I have a Sonic hat that I got for pre-ordering Sonic Colors sitting next to it.

It was a huge disappointment to go from the statue to the pins (somehow, Nintendo sent me two sets of them). The cards at the very least were slightly better, and when I got my Space Invaders cards from S-E, they display next to them, which is kind of nice. Hopefully, for the 5th year, it'll be something good. I don't expect it to happen, but it'd be nice if Nintendo did something for people who reached Platinum all 5 years in a row so far, as some sort of anniversary/"thanks for being a big fan" gift.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, a friend let me use his 3DS XL code and I didn't get any coins. Do I really get coins only for a single system?! WTF is this shit?!

Top Bottom