• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

iphys

So I never really thought about this before, but they ship the Canadian orders within Canada, so they must have separate supplies in the US and Canada. Do you think they take the rewards down when they run out of supplies in one country, and lately all those old rewards they re-added were rewards where they just had a few leftovers remaining in one country? They still haven't shipped my game rack I redeemed 5 days ago, and usually they've been much faster, so I wonder if they're transferring some supplies from the US to Canada before they ship it, and that was why my reward said "Order problem" for the first 2 days.

zroid

Banned
So I never really thought about this before, but they ship the Canadian orders within Canada, so they must have separate supplies in the US and Canada. Do you think they take the rewards down when they run out of supplies in one country, and lately all those old rewards they re-added were rewards where they just had a few leftovers remaining in one country? They still haven't shipped my game rack I redeemed 5 days ago, and usually they've been much faster, so I wonder if they're transferring some supplies from the US to Canada before they ship it, and that was why my reward said "Order problem" for the first 2 days.

Yeah I have experienced something similar before. It often happens with brand new items. I think they first have to ship a large quantity of the physical rewards from Redmond to Vancouver, and only then begin sending them out to Canadians. It's why shipments to Canadians have a tendency to lag behind unless it's something which has been in stock for a while (in which case they already have them on-hand in Vancouver).

So I'm 25 points away from platinum... I just bought the seasons and ages Zelda's last night but see no points were available ...? What gives?

Plus any reccomendations on what to get to go over the point total I need? Might bite on gunman Clive finally.

teeg

So I'm 25 points away from platinum... I just bought the seasons and ages Zelda's last night but see no points were available ...? What gives?

Plus any reccomendations on what to get to go over the point total I need? Might bite on gunman Clive finally.

You will get 10 coins for each game when you complete out the Post Play Survey that appears in your To-Do list 7 days after downloading the game.

Jessicat

Blarg, I only need 10 more points to go gold D: I hate that some physical copies of games I have only got codes with their downloadable versions :/ [Soul Hackers, Scribblenauts Unlimited]. Been considering getting Art Academy but I can't find it cheap ^^; I would prefer physical copies of games, don't feel safe dropping my cc number on the eshop with no real account type of system ._.; Anyone got any suggestions? Or 10 points I can have? :p

zroid

Banned
downloaded NSLU and got my registration survey. 40 coins, expires July 20th.

Blarg, I only need 10 more points to go gold D: I hate that some physical copies of games I have only got codes with their downloadable versions :/ [Soul Hackers, Scribblenauts Unlimited]. Been considering getting Art Academy but I can't find it cheap ^^; I would prefer physical copies of games, don't feel safe dropping my cc number on the eshop with no real account type of system ._.; Anyone got any suggestions? Or 10 points I can have? :p

Have you by chance missed any of the freebies? Like Nintendo Video, Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc. Those'll get you 10-20 coins, each. With only 10 coins to go, might not be a bad idea to just grab any old $2 game like Gunman Clive either.

Jessicat

Have you by chance missed any of the freebies? Like Nintendo Video, Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc. Those'll get you 10-20 coins, each. With only 10 coins to go, might not be a bad idea to just grab any old $2 game like Gunman Clive either.
How do those work? I've downloaded Nintendo Video but none of the others there. Can't seem to find Hulu, that's a US-only thing though isn't it? *is Canadian* I do have the eshop linked to my club nintendo account too.

Yes! Just registered a few 3DS games I nearly forgot about and got to Platinum with 20 coins to spare! I'm glad I haven't bought a Wii-U yet because I can put the points toward the new year.

NEO0MJ

Just got platinum! i remembered I lent a friend Resident Evil Revelations for the 3DS and with its points and the post-play survey I have exactly 600 points for this year.

I plan on buying a 3DS XL and a Wii U later this year so I should be able to reach platinum again next year, I hope.

Quick question for you guys:

Can I still double dip with the coins if I buy a VC game on Wii first? Let's say for example, I buy Final Fantasy NES on VC Wii, then go to upgrade when the Wii U version comes. Will it count as two different purchases still?

Thanks

Was surprised to see NSLU was a whopping 40 points. Filled out all of the open ended questions with a request for a unified account system and removal of the region lock, as usual.

Ghazi

Was surprised to see NSLU was a whopping 40 points.
I actually kinda saw it coming since it's be a full on retail product too. Plus, anyone who would've bought the downloadable one would've already purchased NSMBU so either way Nintendo and the gamer wins.

Hi guys, quick question

Is this

nds_game_card_stylus_navyblue_big_2.jpg

good for holding 3DS cards as well?

Or maybe I should just hold out for them to bring back the card case 18?

NEO0MJ

Hi guys, quick question

Is this

good for holding 3DS cards as well?

Or maybe I should just hold out for them to bring back the card case 18?

I don't think so, it doesn't have space for the nubs on the 3DS cart's corner, unless you cut from it yourself in order to fit them.

hmm. aren't Downloadable Content codes points redeemed the moment you redeem the content itself?

or are the points and content not linked?

I receive a survey after buying a game worth a certain amount of points. Animal Crossing and New Luigi both have expiry dates in July so I can hold them for the next CN cycle.

alf717

I'm now 100 coins away. Need to find some quick pick ups or something. Might have to do an eShop shopping spree.

iphys

Awww, bought Super Little Acorns on sale assuming I would have 30 days for the registration survey, as per the CN guidelines, but it says it expires in 7 days. If you were planning on getting it on sale and registering it in July, best to wait a few days.

zigg

Awww, bought Super Little Acorns on sale assuming I would have 30 days for the registration survey, as per the CN guidelines, but it says it expires in 7 days. If you were planning on getting it on sale and registering it in July, best to wait a few days.
D'oh, wish I would have thought of that. Sale runs into July. Oh well.

Just got my platinum via a singular stealth photo at GameStop. I felt dirty as the girl there was goo-gooi-ng over my 1-year old as I fleeced them.

eggwolio

Just got my platinum via a singular stealth photo at GameStop. I felt dirty as the girl there was goo-gooi-ng over my 1-year old as I fleeced them.

I hope you took it from a used game and not a "new" one. I know GameStop's definition of new is a little off sometimes, hence the quotes.

randomkid

Oh by the way, here's a reply to a quick email I shot out to Nintendo Support.

Thank you for contacting Nintendo.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but Netflix and Nintendo Video for Nintendo 3DS are not eligible for Club Nintendo Coins.

You can view a list of eligible products on our website here: https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

So I guess they stopped offering 10 coins for those apps? I guess that means Wii Neftlix is also ineligible?

backlot

Just noticed that most of the rewards are gone. i wonder if that means a new collection of prizes are coming.

The DS Game & Watch collections are gone. Is that recent? Glad I was able to get them when I did. I hope Game & Watch Ball comes back in stock though. It was gonna be my next big purchase.

If anyone needs quick/cheap points, Wii Fit is 99 cents at gamestop and worth 100 points, and you get an extra white case. YMMV on points being used but the copy I just picked up had an unused code.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The DS Game & Watch collections are gone. Is that recent? Glad I was able to get them when I did. I hope Game & Watch Ball comes back in stock though. It was gonna be my next big purchase.
Think they've been gone for quite a few months now. Wonder if they don't even offer it anymore since it's not listed under "unavailable prizes".

-Horizon-

Crap 335 of my points are going to expire this week....I guess I'll get some more Kirby stickers? NA rewards are pretty lame :/

Yeah, there is nothing I want on it right now. If there were good posters or playing cards with game characters like say from Metroid or Fire Emblem I would've have gotten those. But nope.
Hoping Platinum doesn't suck this year.

I'm already at Platinum level for the year, but I noticed I have three surveys that go away on July 1st.

Anyone know if Club Nintendo gets rid of them on the day or it expires on July 2nd?

IrishNinja

so much stuff to register in like a week and a half

dear nintendo: if you wanna celebrate Year of Luigi by offering leftover e3 coins/hats etc i don't mind

DasMarcos

Banned
I cant wait for the platinum award this year. I bet it's a computer paper printout of some Luigi artwork.

I really hope we get something nicer than posters or cards this year

Let's all really hope that the platinum prize is something nicer than the previous year...

zroid

Banned
Already got 235 coins worth of post plays and registration surveys ready to go on July 1st, heh.

I'll fill those out and then register Animal Crossing for the early reg bonus. After the next batch of post-plays go up on July 7th, I'll have Gold in-hand. I have oodles of codes from yesteryear, but I'll save them. I don't want to end up in another situation where I have 1200+ coins earned in one Club Nintendo year. Such a waste...

iphys

Just noticed that most of the rewards are gone. i wonder if that means a new collection of prizes are coming.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. There haven't been any new physical rewards of sufficient quantity since 11/2011.

What I want for platinum: a polo shirt with Luigi emblem to wear with pride. What we'll get for platinum: a Luigi handkerchief to cry in.

Top Bottom