• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

randomkid

So do Netflix and Nintendo Video on 3DS still get you 10 coins each? I just downloaded them and my coin total didn't update, is there a delay or something? This is the last year I'll ever be able to get Platinum and I just need one of these to work in order to make it heh.

wilflare

hmm. is there anything worthwhile for a 3DS XL-only owner to get on Elite membership?
most of the games do not seem playable via VC :/

iphys

So do Netflix and Nintendo Video on 3DS still get you 10 coins each? I just downloaded them and my coin total didn't update, is there a delay or something? This is the last year I'll ever be able to get Platinum and I just need one of these to work in order to make it heh.

If I recall, there are surveys you have 30 days to do.

What's up dudes and ladies -

I am 35 points away from Platinum, and I really have no interest in buying any more games before the end of this month. I saw someone selling codes for $5 a pop, I was wondering if that was worth it? Or is it likely that I will go with the Gold prize regardless?

EDIT: Nevermind, upon logging in for the first time in a while, I have four post play surveys on some old DS games I found and registered! Hell yeah

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not yet. Hopefully, by the end of the week or so, they'll get around to doing so. Though by past years, we might not know until July 1st or later that week, after the reward year has reset.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Made platinum my second year in a row. Please be better than those cards.

Ended up buying a couple Wii Points on EBay for $7 to get the last 120 points.

Galang

Banned
I wish I had done Club Nintendo when they gave the statue. I had enough points for platinum then too, but I was too lazy. And I didn't think the prize would be anything good.

Palehorse

This comes up every year, I fail to make enough purchases to hit Platinum and then I search around for codes/cheap games to make up the difference. I'm 150 points away this year so barring a miracle I think I'm stuck with Gold.

I'm up to 510, plus the 9 post-plays that should show up in a week means I should be good. I'm excited, this will be the first year I'll qualify at all! I've actually been hoarding codes for the last 3 years because I wanted to wait until I knew I had enough.

I only have 210 left over, so it's not likely I'll make it next year (not planning to get a Wii U....possibly a 3DS, we'll see).

Tunic

Made platinum a few months ago. Looking forward to the reveal for our prizes. I have a bunch of codes lined up to get platinum for the next year.

iphys

I'm up to 510, plus the 9 post-plays that should show up in a week means I should be good. I'm excited, this will be the first year I'll qualify at all! I've actually been hoarding codes for the last 3 years because I wanted to wait until I knew I had enough.

I only have 210 left over, so it's not likely I'll make it next year (not planning to get a Wii U....possibly a 3DS, we'll see).

Wow, congrats on having so much self restraint! If they keep up with giving downloadable games for Gold status, you might just want to go for gold next year. I'd sooner go with getting a free game than saving up for platinum and possibly being less interested in the platinum reward than the gold game rewards. Plus, easier to get more coins if you can just go ahead and register your games right away for early registration bonuses.

Downhome

I am Platinum for this year for the first time ever. I hope something good comes my way. I also have 765 unused coins, so I hope something good comes up for those soon also.

Eric C

I wonder if the New Super Luigi DLC will have club nintendo coins? If not I wonder if the retail disc will?

Does any Nintendo DLC give you coins?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I wonder if the New Super Luigi DLC will have club nintendo coins? If not I wonder if the retail disc will?

Does any Nintendo DLC give you coins?

NOA has a promo up a the moment mentioning "double coins" if you purchase and do the reg survey by August 1st.

They appear to be treating this as a new game more than "standard" DLC.

zroid

Banned
god DAMMIT, it's becoming harder and harder not to spring for both the DLC and retail versions. Must... resist! c_c

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That pin would've been perfect for a promo similar to OoT & the OST. Sucks people getting the retail version won't be able to participate in that contest.

Meia

First year in like 3 I haven't reached Platinum. I'm not even at gold, though I did buy an XL that I haven't registered yet, so that'll probably get me there. Tempted to buy some games to get there, but the last few platinum rewards have kind of sucked.

Made platinum my second year in a row. Please be better than those cards.

Ended up buying a couple Wii Points on EBay for $7 to get the last 120 points.

I just looked those up and those are crazy cool. Would MUCH rather have those than that Mario hat a while back.

First year platinum. I'm stoked! Do we find out the prizes on July 1?

KarmaCow

290 coins expiring and there is nothing worthwhile to get. :/

What are the chances they add anything new before the end of the year?

iphys

Low, but it might still be worth waiting. The pouches are always handy. Otherwise, go for the game codes: If you don't want them, maybe you can trade someone for different ones later.

Coins don't actually expire, they'll stay with your account into the next Club Nintendo year. The only thing that resets is the count of coins towards your Gold/Platinum status.

isny

napkin dispenser
Coins don't actually expire, they'll stay with your account into the next Club Nintendo year. The only thing that resets is the count of coins towards your Gold/Platinum status.

See the OP.

"Unspent coins expire two years after the year you earned them in ends. For example, any coins earned between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014 will expire on July 1, 2016. Your oldest coins are always spent first.

If you have coins expiring in a given year, Nintendo will indicate this in several places from about April until June 30 when they actually expire. You will see a note in the status box near your coin balance if you have coins set to expire in the current year. Nintendo will also send you an e-mail informing you of how many coins are expiring. In addition, anybody can check their coin balance by going to the Accounts & Coins page then clicking the Coins & Status tab."

See the OP.

"Unspent coins expire two years after the year you earned them in ends. For example, any coins earned between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014 will expire on July 1, 2016. Your oldest coins are always spent first.

If you have coins expiring in a given year, Nintendo will indicate this in several places from about April until June 30 when they actually expire. You will see a note in the status box near your coin balance if you have coins set to expire in the current year. Nintendo will also send you an e-mail informing you of how many coins are expiring. In addition, anybody can check their coin balance by going to the Accounts & Coins page then clicking the Coins & Status tab."

Oh rats, I didn't know they expired after two years. Thanks for the heads up.

isny

napkin dispenser
Oh rats, I didn't know they expired after two years. Thanks for the heads up.

NP

any Gold/Plat rewards worth getting?

or do you just get the entire set of rewards?

PLEASE start reading the OP people, sigh

"If you achieve Elite Status, you will get a choice of gifts to choose from in July that will be sent out at some time between October and December. You need to confirm your choice and address in July to ensure you will receive the free gift. The Gold Status has always been a set of desktop calenders featuring Nintendo art for the next year. The Platinum prize is usually a choice of the Gold prize or some other special collectible gift. Here is a summary of the Platinum prizes so far:

'08-'09: Choice between a plush Mario hat or the exclusive Doc Louis' Punch-Out!! game on Wiiware.
'09-'10: Mario and friends figurine.
'10-'11: Set of 25 Mario pin badges
'11-'12: Choice between Exclusive Mario Playing Cards or Exclusive Poster set (Luigi's Mansion 2, Skyward Sword, Kid Icarus: Uprising). Gold choice includes downloadable games."

wilflare

NP

PLEASE start reading the OP people, sigh

"If you achieve Elite Status, you will get a choice of gifts to choose from in July that will be sent out at some time between October and December. You need to confirm your choice and address in July to ensure you will receive the free gift. The Gold Status has always been a set of desktop calenders featuring Nintendo art for the next year. The Platinum prize is usually a choice of the Gold prize or some other special collectible gift. Here is a summary of the Platinum prizes so far:

'08-'09: Choice between a plush Mario hat or the exclusive Doc Louis' Punch-Out!! game on Wiiware.
'09-'10: Mario and friends figurine.
'10-'11: Set of 25 Mario pin badges
'11-'12: Choice between Exclusive Mario Playing Cards or Exclusive Poster set (Luigi's Mansion 2, Skyward Sword, Kid Icarus: Uprising). Gold choice includes downloadable games."

my bad! I misunderstood the FAQ on the Club Nintendo site. thinking I would get the whole set :/

sorry!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish this year we got eShop credit as a reward.
Wish we could get that as well, considering the EU Club Nintendo allowed you to do that since the Wii Shop. Then again, we get the free games each month, which I guess is decent enough depending on the games. Plus that Deluxe Digital Program on the Wii U (though I REALLY wish they'd put that on 3DS).

jph139

With you there man - 360 and I don't think there's a single thing I'm interested in.

Maybe I'll get the Mario Posters... not that I have anywhere to hang them. Should have nabbed the Animal Crossing cards when I had the chance.

Drago

I cant wait for the platinum award this year. I bet it's a computer paper printout of some Luigi artwork.

I really hope we get something nicer than posters or cards this year

Top Bottom