• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've got enough surveys stashed to hit platinum the second the clock hits without even bothering my stash of codes.

Drago

This is probably in the OP but just to be extra sure; I registered a Blue XL on my CN account. I bought a new Animal Crossing XL recently - would I be able to register two XLs on my account or no?

If no I may give the code away, unless it having AC installed means I get a separate survey for New Leaf when registering.

ReconPeon

This is probably in the OP but just to be extra sure; I registered a Blue XL on my CN account. I bought a new Animal Crossing XL recently - would I be able to register two XLs on my account or no?

If no I may give the code away, unless it having AC installed means I get a separate survey for New Leaf when registering.

I registered both of those exact same consoles on my account.

Drago

I registered both of those exact same consoles on my account.
Alright, excellent. There's 160 coins for 2014 already, plus quite a few 3DS games I've yet to register.

I always reach platinum within the first week of a new CN year, hoping the same happens for 2014. :p

jph139

I'm 10 coins away from Gold, and once my next post-play kicks in this week I should be there.

I haven't hit Platinum since 2010 and honestly haven't really regretted it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've heard that Project X Zone, should you be getting it, will have a Club Nintendo code included, so that'll give you 30 or 40 coins, though the 10 coins for doing the survey won't be available until July 2nd, the day after the new reward year starts.

Fantomex

Hey guys, totally new to this. Just bought a 3ds Xl, Kingdom Heards DDD and Mario Kart, should I register now or wait till after July? Is there any cool freebies I can take advantage of currently?

Goon Boon

Banned
Hey guys, totally new to this. Just bought a 3ds Xl, Kingdom Heards DDD and Mario Kart, should I register now or wait till after July? Is there any cool freebies I can take advantage of currently?

If you you have less than 600 coins worth, save them for July so you can be in the running for 2014's platinum prize.

chrono01

Yeah, definitely save your coins if you're already Platinum for this year.

I have a 3DS XL and a few games to register, but I'm waiting until July so they can contribute to 2013-2014 Platinum [I've already obtained Platinum for 2012-2013].

Fantomex

Ive only got 120 coins for this year, and now I bought a 3ds Xl and 2 games. So I doubt it would help get me to 600 this year. I haven't bought a Nintendo game since SSMB ;/

chrono01

Ive only got 120 coins for this year, and now I bought a 3ds Xl and 2 games. So I doubt it would help get me to 600 this year. I haven't bought a Nintendo game since SSMB ;/
Yeah, in that case wait until after June 30th and then start working towards Platinum for next year. I doubt you'd be able to make it this year, even with the 3DS XL and two games. :(

iphys

Actually, I'd go for gold status this year rather than saving up for platinum next year. I think there are pretty good odds they will give downloadable games for gold again this year, since that seems to be the focus with the NA Club Nintendo of late, and quite frankly I'd rather have gold status for 2 years and get 2 downloadable games than save up for 1 platinum reward I'm unlikely to find any use for.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
925 coins and I want nothing on the store.

I'm still waiting for a cool mug. Something like this would be cool:

mario-mug.jpg

Goddamnit. I only needed 35 coins for platinum status and I had and extra DKCR code, so I made a "family" account to get the coins and I completely forgot they decreased the value of some games.... DKCR is only worth 30 now and I'm 5 coins away from platinum status. Q_Q

How long does it usually take the post play survey to pop up?

EDIT: Looks like it takes about a month after you register a game for the post-play survey to pop up.... shit.

wilflare

Goddamnit. I only needed 35 coins for platinum status and I had and extra DKCR code, so I made a "family" account to get the coins and I completely forgot they decreased the value of some games.... DKCR is only worth 30 now and I'm 5 coins away from platinum status. Q_Q

oh man.. I think I really should go redeem all my codes now...
I am at 230 now..

with the following unredeemed
Luigi Mansion's Post Play Survey
3DS Red
Fire Emblem Awakening
Nano Assault
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Castlevania Lord of Shadows: Mirrors of Fate
Project X Zone (hoping it has)
Download Code for Super Mario 3D Land

Anyone know if the free TankTankTank on the eshop gets you points? And how long would it take for the survey for Yoshi to pop-up after you buy it?

Key2001

I have a extra pin for 'America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking' (20 for game + 10 for survey) if anyone is close to getting Platinum and needs it.

I have a extra pin for 'America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking' (20 for game + 10 for survey) if anyone is close to getting Platinum and needs it.

I'll take it if you don't need it, but I'll probably hold on to it for a few days to see if I can't scrounge up a couple points from something cheap. I'm sure there's someone else who could use the 20 points more than me since I only need 5, so I'd give the code that you give me away unless I can't get 5 points somehow.

isny

napkin dispenser
Not to mention shipping cost. We won't ever get something like that as a Platinum reward. :(

A really expensive catalogue reward would be the only way.

Not sure about in the U.S., but in Canada the cost for them to ship a poster tube, or the huge envelope with the pin set would be just as much if not more than a small box with a mug.

Just found this thread, and I gotta admit it's extremely helpful. I'm a bit short of gold at the moment (just got a 3DS XL), but knowing all this FAQ material will be invaluable coming into next year.

Keep on keeping on GAF.

zroid

Banned
Not sure about in the U.S., but in Canada the cost for them to ship a poster tube, or the huge envelope with the pin set would be just as much if not more than a small box with a mug.

Hmmmm mugs are pretty heavy. Good quality ceramic ones, at least. But you may be right.

iphys

EDIT: Looks like it takes about a month after you register a game for the post-play survey to pop up.... shit.

7 days, but that would put you at July 1st, if you just did it today. I would go for a cheap 3D game download that comes with a 5-coin registration survey if you have a 3DS.

iphys

Try getting 10 $1.99 game. You will get 10 coins for each post survey.

It's too late for post-plays now. You have to get games with registration surveys. Most of the 3D ones are only 5 coins, but some are 10 or 20 if you look up the values first.

Sagitario

ARGH!

Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate didn't come with a code :\

Nintendo support answer:

QydJvGm.jpg

"Not my problem. Ask Konami"

iphys

ARGH!

Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate didn't come with a code :\

Nintendo support answer:

QydJvGm.jpg

"Not my problem. Ask Konami"

The worst part is I actually went to all the trouble of looking up where to contact Konami about it, and then they never even responded.

Jonboy

I've got at least 600 coins ready to fire on July 1st.

Platinum get!
Haha. I have some I'm holding back on as well. I'd say a lot of people hit platinum this year thanks to XL and Wii U both coming out.

Probably means the prize will be lame, lol.

iphys

My copy of castlevania didn't come with a code either. I live in California.

Wow, Konami sucks. Nintendo really should have done something about it, or at the very least removed the listing that promoted the game was worth 40 coins when so many copies don't even have the insert. If I had just gone out and dropped $40 on this game specifically to reach platinum and discovered no code, I'd be so full of rage right now.

Sagitario

My copy was purchased in MX, but it's a US print/cartridge... so yeah, there are apparently lots of copies [everywhere] without the PIN code.

The worst part is I actually went to all the trouble of looking up where to contact Konami about it, and then they never even responded.

Then I won't even bother :\
Let me know if you ever get a response, please.

Tenumi

Banned
Rumor is this years prize is the Luigi hat Iwata wore in the direct.

I so wouldn't mind that. Of course, this is the first time I've hit Gold or Platinum. I went through my huge supply of DS and 3DS games and reached Platinum with many more games yet to be used.

The Reversible Pouch says that it fits a 3DS XL, is anyone able to confirm that this is true?

Top Bottom