• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

OnPoint

Finally hit platinum. Almost didn't make it!

Please Nintendo, make it something stellar this year. Either figuratively or literally is fine.

zroid

Banned
Finally hit platinum. Almost didn't make it!

Please Nintendo, make it something stellar this year. Either figuratively or literally is fine.

literally?

AAAAC_9sa14AAAAAAHhESw.jpg

Roge_NES

bb121610dd2c11e2b4ef22000a1fbd4d_7.jpg

Here's an overview of the stuff I managed to get this year. Luckily most of my friends don't care about CN so they always give me their codes.

I'd recommend you get the account to Platinum Status and stop registering them after that, save your codes in case a "Must Have" reward appears, otherwise just save them up till the next year starts or create a whole new Club Nintendo Account (Not a Sub Account).

Roge_NES

Hey now were did you get those pins from??? I some how missed those are you in the US?

Those were given to only 5 people by @NintendoAmerica, they had some trivia questions and you had to win all rounds by being one of the first 5 to answer their questions.

After winning they asked you to send them your Club Nintendo username, probably to get your mailing address.

Yes Boss!

Here's an overview of the stuff I managed to get this year. Luckily most of my friends don't care about CN so they always give me their codes.

I'd recommend you get the account to Platinum Status and stop registering them after that, save your codes in case a "Must Have" reward appears, otherwise just save them up till the next year starts or create a whole new Club Nintendo Account (Not a Sub Account).

Very cool! I got a bunch of stuff this yea toor. Mainly the Gold nunchuck which I've not seen yet since all my club stuff gets sent to cali.

That pouch is ace.

This year I took one of my accounts to Platinum and the other to Gold. I usually get plenty of points for two platinum accounts but figured why not try a Gold.

wilflare

just discovered my brother's stash of DS and Wii games...
(their points value do drop over time right... darn I went to register all the 3DS games PINs first...)

this is pretty awesome

IrishNinja

that pic is awesome but i keep using my coins on silly 3D classics shit, i need more physical stuff i want...i was so sure the WU/3DS new gen would bring new goods. still waitin'

Drago

I usually hoard my coins but the digital games offerings have been exceptionally good lately. Now I'm down from ~450 to 15 coins, and I wiped all of my hoarded digital game surveys :(

There is a serious lack of good physical items. The fact that half of them have been wiped out recently gives me hope for a total refresh of items. Doubt it'll happen though.

Anyone know if I buy something like Oracle of Seasons or Gunman Clive in the 3DS eshop, will I get a registration survey within the next 5 days?

iphys

Gunman Clive would get you a 5-coin registration survey within an hour. VC games don't have registration surveys, just the post-plays.

AniHawk

Hey now were did you get those pins from??? I some how missed those are you in the US?

Those were given to only 5 people by @NintendoAmerica, they had some trivia questions and you had to win all rounds by being one of the first 5 to answer their questions.

After winning they asked you to send them your Club Nintendo username, probably to get your mailing address.

they were also at e3 2012. you had to play the demo to get the pin. this was easier to do as the convention wore on.

Rootbeer

Banned
Been platinum for months... stupidly wasn't keeping track of the club nintendo rewards :( Nothing I want listed on there and yet I have 380 coins expiring... I settled for the two 3DS games currently available. I would get SMB3 but I really don't care about wiiware. Would LOVE to have it on my 3DS but alas...

I know it's a pipedream but considering the rough year with the Wii U and all, sure would be great if Nintendo gave us dedicated fans another epic option like the now legendary figurine from a few years ago. Come on, Ninty!

So I have about 2000 coins left (yeah... I should start saving the codes. I will be doing that going forward), after June 30th they will add more rewards, right? Need to get more of these spent o_O

I'm hoping that Game & Watch returns. That's what I'm saving up my coins for since nothing else appeals to me, except that Boo notebook but that disappeared within a few days.

bumpkin

I'm hoping that Game & Watch returns. That's what I'm saving up my coins for since nothing else appeals to me, except that Boo notebook but that disappeared within a few days.
It'd be cool if the Hanafuda (sp?) cards returned too. I have a set, but I haven't opened it. Kind of want a second set to open and play with.

IrishNinja

not directly thread-related, but the 2 closest best buys to me both have dead nintendo zones, so no raccoon clocks in AC...plus i missed the post-E3 demos where i heard there were plenty luigi coins. a bummer all around - i'm gonna write to NOA and include my member # just to see what response i get.

Bullza2o

It does. I have two of them, which I use for my 3DS XL and my PS Vita.

I just ordered a red one for my Pikachu XL, and I can't believe I never thought of getting this until today.

The XL is in need of a case, so I can finally take it outside safely.

I might get the blue one also sometime, but I only have 650 coins left. I might as well wait for better prizes.

FireVoa

Snagged Platinum for my first year a week ago with a cool 1140 coins and about 270 coins worth of surveys/games/3DSXL ready to go after June 30th. Hopefully the gifts are decent this year seeing as I've always wanted the Mario hat and statue from previous years.

Chairhome

not directly thread-related, but the 2 closest best buys to me both have dead nintendo zones, so no raccoon clocks in AC...plus i missed the post-E3 demos where i heard there were plenty luigi coins. a bummer all around - i'm gonna write to NOA and include my member # just to see what response i get.
There's a workaround for the AC stuff. I think you change your router 's ssid to "bestbuy" or something like that and that's it. Google it. I saw it on tinycartridge.com

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Holy shit the NA Club Nintendo selection is at an all-time low. Instead of adding items, they're removing everything.

veras

I assume they're just running out of stock of things as people blow their end-of-Nintendo-year expiring coins

Hopefully it gets replaced with a bunch of new items in the new Nintendo year

veras

Not all your coins:

Do Coins Expire?
Answer:
Yes. Unredeemed Coins expire after 2 Club Nintendo years (July 1-June 30). When logged in, you can view your Coin Balance with the account information at the top of the page. See Terms and Conditions for more information.

Only 2 year old coins expire on the year rollover, you can see if/how many are expiring in your account info

DaBoss

So is Club Nintendo down for anyone else?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just couldn't go to the main page for some reason. It wouldn't load at all.

iphys

Looks like you can only use the coins towards next year though: "Receive 20 Coins in your Club Nintendo account on July 1. Plus, you'll still earn an additional 10 Coins for taking a post-play survey for every game purchased."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wouldn't mind a Luigi hat to display with my Mario hat from the first year they gave the platinum reward (& my Sonic hat). Just hope it's not something among the lines of the pins.

Top Bottom