• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

ev0

Once an item is removed from the store it never comes back?

Was hoping to get Vol 2 of the DS game and watch and it disappeared a couple days later once I had enough points :(

Made platinum awhile ago, with a WII U and several games left to add next month.

Have 300+ points expiring on the 30th though. How's the Wiimote holder? Pretty durable?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
110 coins from Plat. I think I can buy Luigi and get what, 40 coins? That will be me at 70. The question is, should I muster up the funds to push into Plat?

Drago

110 coins from Plat. I think I can buy Luigi and get what, 40 coins? That will be me at 70. The question is, should I muster up the funds to push into Plat?
If you have a WiiU, you can buy $20 worth of NES VC games for 80 coins before the end of the CN year.

Drago

Can I buy games on the Wii side as well and get coins?

Also, can I buy F-Zero with some of my coins to get MORE coins?
Only Wii VC games released after 2009 or 2010 (dont know exactly when) are eligible for coins. F Zero X is not one of those games, so that's a no.

I've gotten Platinum every year since they launched it...but I want that Luigi case to match my Mario case. But I wish they made a bigger one for 3DS XL since I have 2 of those and 1 3DS.

I never registered my Wii U. Also have Animal Crossing & Project X Zone to register :3

Does the Wii U version of MH3GU not have CN code?

or Do I need to put it in my console, I just haven't played either version since I bought them at release :X

Roto13

So no 20-coin survey until July, and only one game gets an upgraded survey?

That "deal" sounds pretty awful.

It's almost as though this is a bonus for buying a virtual console game now, and not some safety net for people who haven't made Platinum yet.

How dare they.

iphys

Oh man, just realized 30 cent Yoshi is included in the promo. If only we'd been psychic and waited. Anyone that didn't buy Yoshi yet better do so this weekend.

Drago

It's almost as though this is a bonus for buying a virtual console game now, and not some safety net for people who haven't made Platinum yet.

How dare they.
When I first saw the deal I thought it was a safety net type of thing for those who are so close to gold/platinum. Guess I shouldn't have expected NoA to be so generous. :p

Still, a bonus 10 coins for the next year instead of this year seems kinda pointless to me, especially since 10 coins isn't a lot. If it was gonna be for the next year anyways the deal should go on up until next Thurs; seems odd to cut it off for the end of the CN year if the deal doesn't pertain to this year. But I digress.

zroid

Banned
If you already own Gunman Clive, there's also that Bird Mania 3D game for $1.99. You should probably just spend like a dollar or two more and get something that isn't garbage, though...

mrmickfran

Guys, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor is being sold for $10 new at gamestop; and the code for that game gives 50 coins.

Just wanted to share the love.

As well as give Treasure some sales :(

NeOak

Does the Wii U version of MH3GU not have CN code?

or Do I need to put it in my console, I just haven't played either version since I bought them at release :X

Digital version has coins. The disc version doesn't include them.

3DS does for both eShop and retail versions.

iphys

If you already own Gunman Clive, there's also that Bird Mania 3D game for $1.99. You should probably just spend like a dollar or two more and get something that isn't garbage, though...

I actually preferred Samurai G to Bird Mania, and it gives a whopping 10 coins registration! But yeah, probably better off to spend an extra buck and get something better like SpeedX Hyper Edition.

zroid

Banned
I actually preferred Samurai G to Bird Mania, and it gives a whopping 10 coins registration! But yeah, probably better off to spend an extra buck and get something better like SpeedX Hyper Edition.

Ah, didn't even know about Samurai G. Well, I heard of it, but wasn't aware it was that price. I've been thinking Bird Mania and Gunman Clive were the only $2 games, heh.

iphys

There's also Rising Board 3D. It was originally $3, then went on sale for $1.49, and then afterwards has been $2.

Edit: And Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D.

Javier

There's also SpeedX 3D and Kersploosh, both of which are $3. Haven't played either but I hear the latter is pretty fun.

DaBoss

The latter is not really worth 3 dollars. The former is an endless runner kind of thing, but more interesting. I enjoyed it on iOS for what it is. I think $3 is a good deal for it since I'm not exactly sure, but that specific kind of endless game appeals to me.

iphys

How often do games reappear as awards on Club Nintendo? I would rather not spend ten dollars on 1080 Snowboarding.

Ever since August about 40% of the games they've offered are ones they've offered before, so at that rate I'd guess about two-thirds of the games they offer will ultimately get re-offered (but I doubt we'd see snowboarding before winter either way).

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The CN spreadsheet has been updated again... a month behind, but hey, who's counting? http://clubnintendo.potchgult.com

I've gotten a report that Rhythm Thief on the 3DS has a 20 coin post play survey still -- can anyone confirm that? Many 3DS titles did have 20 coin post plays, but Nintendo changed all that a while back -- it sounds like Rhythm Thief might have slipped their notice.
When it's on your to-do list on the CN home page, it says 20. When you go to take the survey, the standard intro text says it's worth 10 coins as usual, but you do receive the full 20 in the end.

Metroid: Other M is still giving 50 coins when registered.

------------------------
End of the CN Year Suggestions: If you need some more points to hit Gold/Platinum, here are some potential "deals" on the eShops. Note that all the coin values listed are registration values; you'll still get post play coins for these in a week or so, but these are the coins you'll get right away:

20 cents per coin (10 for $1.99) -- 3DS
Samurai G

30 cents per coin (10 for $2.99) -- 3DS
Pokemon Dream Radar

40 cents per coin (5 for $1.99) -- 3DS
Gunman Clive
Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D
Bird Mania 3D
Rising Board 3D

40 cents per coin (10 for $3.99) -- 3DS
Super Little Acorns (on sale)

50 cents per coin (20 for $9.99) -- 3DS
Farming Simulator 3D
Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move
Puzzler Brain Games
Tetris Axis
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D
Mahjong 3D – Warriors of the Emperor
Cave Story
THE "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave
Planet Crashers

50 cents per coin (20 for $9.99) -- Wii U
Mutant Mudds Deluxe
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
Nano Assault Neo

50 Cents per Coin - (30 for $14.99)
Deer Drive Legends, 3DS

50 Cents per Coin - (40 for $19.99)
Resident Evil the Mercenaries 3D, 3DS
New Super Luigi U, Wii U

iphys

Also, Rising Board 3D is 5 coins for $2 (price dropped), and Super Little Acorns is currently on sale for 10 coins for $4.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Also, Rising Board 3D is 5 coins for $2 (price dropped), and Super Little Acorns is currently on sale for 10 coins for $4.

Weird... I thought I put the SLA price change in already... oh, I see, it's a price drop so it wasn't calculated. The spreadsheet only handles current values... bother.

I'll add the data. Weird I missed Rising Board.

(That reminds me -- the cheap-o game collection on the Wii U got knocked down to $20, I believe ... better add that)

Does the post-play survey thing show up for VC games you get as Club Nintendo rewards, and if so how long does that take? I just registered SMB3 and F-Zero X on the Wii channel of my Wii U.

Shit. OMG. The Wii channel needs to be linked to Club Nintendo on its own, doesn't it? FML.

zroid

Banned
Does the post-play survey thing show up for VC games you get as Club Nintendo rewards, and if so how long does that take? I just registered SMB3 and F-Zero X on the Wii channel of my Wii U.

Shit. OMG. The Wii channel needs to be linked to Club Nintendo on its own, doesn't it? FML.

You better sit down. I've got some bad news for you...

games bought from the Wii Shop Channel on a Wii U do not qualify for Club Nintendo coins

You better sit down. I've got some bad news for you...

games bought from the Wii Shop Channel on a Wii U do not qualify for Club Nintendo coins

Actually that makes me feel better. Heh.

What about 3DS VC games purchased using Club Nintendo coins? I just redeemed Metroid II and that other game (Link Launch I think). Will I get coins for those? More importantly, will I get them before the 1st? I'd really like to avoid purchasing some crap 3Shop game just for points. Just need 15 more...

Top Bottom