• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Even though it's not happening, I would really want to have eShop credit as a reward.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Even though it's not happening, I would really want to have eShop credit as a reward.
Agreed, especially since the EU Club Nintendo has been doing that with Wii Points for quite some time.

& a Luigi hat would be alright, I guess, seeing as the first year's platinum reward was the Mario hat. Though I think I'd prefer if that was a prize that could be purchased.

I'm calling it. Wii U as platinum prize!

Believe.

For those who have been Platinum all years! Yessss!

QLvwttJ.png

Shoyz

bq1iCrE.png

Almost hit Plat three times over.
I'll take a copy of Nintendoji forever over a Luigi Hat I'll never do anything with.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sure, what the heck.

ClubNintendostatus_zps583e68ba.jpg

I have a tendency to just wait a while for the next year to register coins. I've already got about 1/2 needed for Gold waiting.

Well, after more money than I'd like to admit...I GOT CLUB NINTENDO PLATINUM AJDALDCMLKESFMESKLSFGS *rips phonebook* Now gimme the prize/Luigi hat/crappy pins! :p

Ocaso

3000 coins? Woah! I just made Platinum this year, so hopefully the reward will be something cool. I thought both the pins and last year playing cards were neat, but I missed out on the Mario statuette the year before which, in my opinion, has been the coolest of the platinum rewards overall. I remembered to fill out the last few surveys I needed thanks to this thread.

antonz

I would guess Luigi Hat or Luigi 30th Coin will be the platinum reward. Either would be cool. Hat would go with the Mario Hat and coin is just cool cause its a coin

I always have a bit of a rough time making Platinum. I make sure that I'm precise so that I can save Coins for the next year. Platinum rewards have been a bit lacking recently, but I know I'd regret the one year I don't make it.

nNMeqdU.png

Okay, just gonna go ahead and say that I will pm someone a $20 eShop card for this years gold calender. I won't buy the card for a few months since I can go ahead and spend my money on other stuff and they don't ship till the end of year. :p But I will take it when they start shipping.

Also I may do this for a possible second platinum prize as well, so if you get the gold or platinum prize that I don't choose then I will pay $20 eShop card for each. (Granted, that I want the second platinum prize that much, which I usually do...)

Also, here are my CN stats so far:

2013 Elite Status: Platinum (1575 coins)

2012 Elite Status: Platinum (1590 coins)

2011 Elite Status: Platinum (1700 coins)

2010 Elite Status: Platinum (950 coins)

2009 Elite Status: Platinum (2480 coins)

I buy alot, yeah. This next year will be no different. I hope to one day beat my 2009 record, which was basically just a backlog heh.

Edit: Holy shit at dat 3,000 coins for this year.

Okay, just gonna go ahead and say that I will pm someone a $20 eShop card for this years gold calender. I won't buy the card for a few months since I can go ahead and spend my money on other stuff and they don't ship till the end of year. :p But I will take it when they start shipping.

What?! Oh man...I should've just went for Gold then, cause I would've been all over this one. Oh well! :(

I honestly wonder what it'll be for Platinum...The hat/coin would be neat, and worth it for me, but I'm betting random stuff comes up...Also I wonder what the downloads will be!

eggwolio

I kinda hope that they limit the platinum prize to just one item instead of giving us choices. YOU ARE PLATINUM SO YOU GET THIS ONE PRIZE AND WE MADE THE CHOICE FOR YOU NOW ENJOY IT. Please understand.

I know that's wishful thinking, but...man, it was a tough decision last year. The options sucked, except for the download games, and really, if you're participating in club nintendo, you already have most of those, either the real versions or the downloadable ones.

chrono01

I'm still hoping for a Super Famicom-styled controller for the Wii [well, I guess Wii U now].

I know I'll never get it [without resorting to Ebay], and yet, I continue to dream...

Penguin

I always have a bit of a rough time making Platinum. I make sure that I'm precise so that I can save Coins for the next year. Platinum rewards have been a bit lacking recently, but I know I'd regret the one year I don't make it.

nNMeqdU.png

Now this is absolutely beautiful. Someone who gets the system!

jhitHkh.jpg

zroid

Banned
Now this is absolutely beautiful. Someone who gets the system!

It's not my fault, man! I had my 600 coins nicely laid out... and then I bought all these eShop games. And then I (incorrectly) thought the Wii U registration would expire in 30 days. And then that 3DS free game promo happened so I had to register my XL. Bam, 1300+ coins in 2013. :(

Codeblue

Damn you all! All my effort has been for naught then :(

Way I see it though, the damn thing is free, so I can't complain too much. I can use the points I got for other stuff, so no harm no foul

Sometimes we get some pretty neat stuff like that Mario statue thing, and if not they let you redeem some digital downloads as a prize last year if you didn't want the cards or posters. Also, a lot of this stuff usually goes for $20+ on Ebay if you want to go that route. It's by no means a bad deal and totally worth the effort, even if there are only pins waiting for you in the end.

ohlawd

Time for that year again. Here's my wall of fame (not shame) since it sux.

qhVtcEk.jpg

2011's odd 40 points was from Zelda OoT 3DS. Registered it so I could get the OST.

Dunno how I hit 790 twice in a row. That ain't an error, is it?

Top Bottom