• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

DaGWSgX.png

*pounds chest proudly*

y1kgiUM.jpg

I obviously didn't pay attention to any of this until 2011 when I went on a buying spree. I didn't even own any Nintendo hardware in 2010. In 09 I stupidly sold my ds.

This... this was possible? I feel horrible for not doing that now.
Don't feel too bad. They were gone within 24 hours. Hell, they may have run out of them within a few hours. And the website had a hard time keeping up with demand. It was a whole big thing.

I still have my OST sealed. Wonder if it's worth anything.

chrono01

Don't feel too bad. They were gone within 24 hours. Hell, they may have run out of them within a few hours. And the website had a hard time keeping up with demand. It was a whole big thing.

I still have my OST sealed. Wonder if it's worth anything.
It's funny you mention this, I was re-arranging my games/bonus pre-order items/etc. today and I found this very CD. It's still sealed too, I actually forgot I had it.

It has more tracks than I remembered. I refuse to open it, though. That "Collector's Item" dilemma!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
fQKSizt.png

I have no idea why I subbed for Club Nintendo back when I didn't own any Nintendo systems. :S

Hibiki Rush

Neo Member
Got in again this year for Platinum. Surprised as I generally don't buy a lot of Nintendo games, but I guess the Wii U and 3DS XL purchases helped me out. Plus so many good 3DS games out.

I haven't registered like 4 3DS games and this year I'm still going to buy a 3DS XL, New Leaf, Mario Kart 7, Mario & Luigi, Zelda...

And of course... a Wii U

So Platinum for the next year and spare coins for the other one are guarantee

Roto13

Here comes Club Nintendo Lent, when every other post in this thread is asking what the Gold and Platinum rewards are, even though they don't get announced until about a week after the year ends. Then comes Club Nintendo Easter, where the prizes are revealed and everyone bitches about the free stuff they're getting for having gotten a bunch of other free stuff for buying video games.

Here comes Club Nintendo Lent, when every other post in this thread is asking what the Gold and Platinum rewards are, even though they don't get announced until about a week after the year ends. Then comes Club Nintendo Easter, where the prizes are revealed and everyone bitches about the free stuff they're getting for having gotten a bunch of other free stuff for buying video games.

Ah they don't show up till a week after?

Alchemy

Free stuff? I not only paid for Nintendo products, but also gave Nintendo valuable marketing information for this shit. Companies pay out the ass to collect marketing data, Club Nintendo doesn't exist because Nintendo is so nice to its fans.

Update: After hinting through the house to redeem everything I could, I found I'm pretty close to hitting Platinum after all. (Why is Wii Fit worth 100 coins?!) I am, however, just 60 coins short. Any particularly generous souls willing to donate a code or two to help me hit Platinum?

Ondore

3000 coins? Woah!

Edit: Holy shit at dat 3,000 coins for this year.

I started out with enough surveys to get day 1 Platinum, then it was a case of going a little nuts with eShop purchases, wanting to get the Gold Nunchuck, and basically blowing the rest on the 3DS 18 case and download games.

I've actually managed to 0 my balance and have 45 surveys saved up for tomorrow including a WiiU.

DaBoss

I started out with enough surveys to get day 1 Platinum, then it was a case of going a little nuts with eShop purchases, wanting to get the Gold Nunchuck, and basically blowing the rest on the 3DS 18 case and download games.

I've actually managed to 0 my balance and have 45 surveys saved up for tomorrow including a WiiU.

Holy shit. I post that often, but damn, you really killed it. My wallet would cry.

Roto13

Free stuff? I not only paid for Nintendo products, but also gave Nintendo valuable marketing information for this shit. Companies pay out the ass to collect marketing data, Club Nintendo doesn't exist because Nintendo is so nice to its fans.

It's a reward program. You paid for Nintendo products and you got Nintendo products. Everything else is a bonus. Even if oh my goodness heaven forbid you take a minute now and then to do a survey.

Zebra

It's a reward program. You paid for Nintendo products and you got Nintendo products. Everything else is a bonus. Even if oh my goodness heaven forbid you take a minute now and then to do a survey.

A reward program is only as good as its rewards.

zroid

Banned
Sure it was buttons but I really liked the packaging.

Same. I have never once opened the box, but I like keeping the whole thing on display. It's a neat piece of memorabilia.

Hey, if you don't think doing the surveys is worth your time for the rewards you're receiving, I'll gladly take those codes off your hands.

Taichu

Made platinum again this year. I am betting the prize is a Luigi hat that Iwata and NOA have been pimping in their directs for the year of Luigi.

Anyone have the Mario characters figurine from the second year that they do not want? It's the only year I didn't make platinum.

What should I get for the Wii U VC 20 coins promotion?

Here are the VC games I already have:

Kirby's Adventure
Kirby's Dream Course
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Kirby Silver Star
Mega Man
Mega Man II
Mega Man III
Mega Man IV
Mega Man X
Punch Out!
Ghosts N' Goblins
Super Ghouls N' Ghosts
Super Metroid
Yoshi

I kind of don't want either of the Mario games since I've already played them to death.
I had Excitebike as a kid, not a huge fan.
Never liked Xevious that much.

What should I get for the Wii U VC 20 coins promotion?

Here are the VC games I already have:

Kirby's Adventure
Kirby's Dream Course
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Kirby Silver Star
Mega Man
Mega Man II
Mega Man III
Mega Man IV
Mega Man X
Punch Out!
Ghosts N' Goblins
Super Ghouls N' Ghosts
Super Metroid
Yoshi

I kind of don't want either of the Mario games since I've already played them to death.
I had Excitebike as a kid, not a huge fan.
Never liked Xevious that much.
F-Zero?

zroid

Banned
How do the Mega Man games look on Wii U? I'm a bit hesitant because of how dark and muddy the 30c NES games are, but I wouldn't mind grabbing one for the promo. Plus spending $5 will put me over the 500 ddp mark.

Top Bottom