• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

zroid

Banned
I'm 20 points short of gold. What's the easiest way to get them?

easiest? there are a handful of eShop games on 3DS and Wii U (generally $10-15) with 20 coin registration surveys.

cheapest? probably find a copy of Steel Diver or something for 3-5 bucks and register that.

Edit: 10 points short actually.

apparently there's a $2 eShop game on 3DS with a 10 coin registration survey... Samurai G

When do platinum members get their special thing? I keep checking to see the rewards and nothing shows up. I thought around this time of year is when we get to pick something special or something?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It should hopefully be revealed tomorrow. Possibly later this week.

As for when people actually get it in the mail, it takes a couple of months. Sept.-ish, I would say.

I bow to your superior wallet.
Heh, don't, I play like .0001 percent of the games I buy. My Nintendo backlog is nothing compared to my Steam, MS, and Sony backlogs.
Beast.

I wonder, did Nintendo ever send you a special gift for registering an exorbitant amount of products? I know someone who received something like that a year or two ago.
I honestly don't remember, but I don't think so? I have some vague recollection of what you're talking about, though. I got a "letter from Reggie" one year, but a lot of people go that.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I have 40 worthless coins that are expiring today. However, I have enough coins to reach Gold tomorrow (around 450), so Platinum next year is a piece of cake. I even found some DS games I have had forever that still had unused coins.

1) Buy all 3 screensavers and an extra one... to give someone. I guess.
2) Register 40 more coins and get Grill Off with Ultra Hand.

easiest? there are a handful of eShop games on 3DS and Wii U (generally $10-15) with 20 coin registration surveys.

cheapest? probably find a copy of Steel Diver or something for 3-5 bucks and register that.

apparently there's a $2 eShop game on 3DS with a 10 coin registration survey... Samurai G

Where does it say on Samurai G there is 10 point survey?

Grief.exe

Should be midnight tonight, NOA time.

(Which is Pacific, regardless of what the Wii U eShop might have led you to think.)

Okay, so I have some time. Thanks.

I got your PM, I'll keep checking around for some codes to get me those extra 10 points.

At 290 coins right now.

DDayton

Okay, so I have some time. Thanks.

I got your PM, I'll keep checking around for some codes to get me those extra 10 points.

You don't have a 3DS, do you? That's probably the easiest method at the moment...

(And/or downloading the Amazon, Netflix, or Hulu apps on the Wii...I think all three still give coins.)

Grief.exe

You don't have a 3DS, do you? That's probably the easiest method at the moment...

(And/or downloading the Amazon, Netflix, or Hulu apps on the Wii...I think all three still give coins.)

No, I don't have a Wii, WiiU, or a 3DS lol.

I've been expanding my GBA and DS library this year, the latter is what netted me all of the points.

I will be getting a 3DS eventually though.

DDayton

No, I don't have a Wii, WiiU, or a 3DS lol.

I've been expanding my GBA and DS library this year, the latter is what netted me all of the points.

I will be getting a 3DS eventually though.

Okay... you have your work cut out for you, sadly...

Went way over this year due to the 3DS XL promo for the free game.

2013 Elite Status: Platinum (900 coins)

2012 Elite Status: Platinum (600 coins)

2011 Elite Status: Platinum (680 coins)

2010 Elite Status: Platinum (620 coins)

2009 Elite Status: Gold (350 coins)

Thanks guys. My girlfriend wanted the acorn game so we got it and went to 300.

Bought 3DS XL last week. First Nintendo console since GBA. So many game to catch up on. Hell, I have never even played a megaman game.

JCoYCmW.png

I didn't "reconcile" with Nintendo until the 3DS came out, I guess. heh

Interestingly, five years ago today I registered my Wii.

abrack08

Just barely got gold, I had to register 3 old Pokemon games (Diamond, HeartGold, White) to get there. I'm surprised a code for a ~7 year old game that I got right at/around launch still works. I also bought Theatrhythm today, only has a Square-Enix code though =/

JKTrix

After the first couple of years, I kind of got tired of filling out the forms. I have tons and tons of stuff in my backlog, but since 2011 it's been almost exclusively 'product registration' surveys.

qvHcq+

I haven't actually registered anything for about 7 months now, I have a backlog of systems and games that will likely get me at least to Gold status right away. Getting physical items to Bermuda is kind of a hassle, since my local customs department doesn't understand how something can not cost money.

Gin

bah.. I need 120 points to get plat status.. can anyone help out or recommend something to buy on eshop ??

Skelter

Banned
bah.. I need 120 points to get plat status.. can anyone help out or recommend something to buy on eshop ??

Crimson Shroud! Do it uhh how many points is that?

EDIT: Nowhere even close. I guess you don't mind spending a lot of money then? Because Etrian Odyssey IV is an excellent game.

Gin

Crimson Shroud! Do it uhh how many points is that?

EDIT: Nowhere even close. I guess you don't mind spending a lot of money then? Because Etrian Odyssey IV is an excellent game.

If I were to buy Etrian - how many coins would I get ?
Played the demo and I loved it.

Do you get immediate coins (surveys) for buying stuff on the eShop? I need 30 coins and all the stores around me are closed, otherwise I would just pick up one of the 3DS games I want.

Help!

Palehorse

I just had my 3DS XL stolen, with all my Ambassador games and certificate, and Fire Emblem bought through the eshop.

What's the next step? Am I screwed? Will Nintendo help?

I'm still in denial at this point, but I can't think of anything else happening but it was stolen out of my passenger seat while my car was in my friend's driveway. A brazen act, that makes me incredibly angry.

Any advice on if Nintendo can/will help is appreciated.

zroid

Banned
I just had my 3DS XL stolen, with all my Ambassador games and certificate, and Fire Emblem bought through the eshop.

I'm still in denial at this point, but I can't think of anything else happening but it was stolen out of my passenger seat while my car was in my friend's driveway. A brazen act, that makes me incredibly angry.

that sucks dude, sorry to hear. if you want to recover your software, you need to file a police report, and, if you've linked your Club N account to your 3DS, all that stuff should be quite easily recoverable. I don't know the exact step-by-step, but once you get a new 3DS and your police report, call Nintendo support and they should help you through it.

-Horizon-

There was a similar thread about this. I recall the person filing a police report and calling Nintendo.
I think this was the thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=520131&highlight=3ds+stolen

Top Bottom