• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

pXlPwnS.jpg

I've let 70 surveys expire too due to infrequent CN site visits... I have a problem. My backlog is legend.

Just downloaded mario bros 3! This game is tricker than I remember. Hope the platinum reward is good! This is the first and only year I will hit it lol.

zeitgeist

So all of my coins will expire tomorrow if I don't get something?

Are the new games added SMB3 and F Zero or are they about to be replaced?

Not necessarily. Did you check your coin status in your account? It should tell you how many u have expiring.

Thankfully I have about 1000 coins with none expiring. Bring on the good stuff tomorrow!

No. Log in to Club Nintendo and click Account & Coins then Coins & Status. At the top it will say if you have any expiring coins. Coins expire in 2 Club Nintendo years. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/club/en/faq.jsp?menu=coins

And yes, new digital rewards tomorrow so now would be the time to grab SMB3, F-Zero X, Link 'n' Launch, or Metroid II if you want them. All are great.

Ondore

For the former, you can go to Account and Coins -> Coins and Status and it will say something like "You have N expiring Coins on June 30, 2013". If N isn't 0, you'll want to grab F-Zero and SMB3 since those games change at about 12:30pm ET tomorrow.

Edit:

pXlPwnS.jpg

I've let 70 surveys expire too due to infrequent CN site visits... I have a problem. My backlog is legend.

I bow to your superior wallet.

Ondore

I think that was the 18, actually. It came in last... winter, I believe, sold out straight away, then made brief comebacks in June and December.

Revven

Oh man, 10 coins away last year. Sure it was buttons but I really liked the packaging.

Yeah it really pained me! I was like, "frick let me get 10 coins nooooooo" but thankfully last year's reward wasn't anything too amazing. (Though I still would have liked it anyway).

iphys

Quick question. If I do my post-play survey tomorrow will it count towards next years coins?

Just make sure it's July 1st pacific time and it shows your elite status has reset and you should be good to start earning coins again.

zroid

Banned
pXlPwnS.jpg

Beast.

I wonder, did Nintendo ever send you a special gift for registering an exorbitant amount of products? I know someone who received something like that a year or two ago.

So just to clarify, if we hit platinum today, but don't use the points, they still carry-over to use on rewards starting tomorrow, but just don't count towards hitting gold/platinum for the next cycle, right?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have 410 coins in the queue from digital purchases in the last few months and at least ten physical codes to register...

Ocaso

An exclusive pin set and custom branded plastic playing cards are a hell of a lot cooler than a box to put games in. Just sayin', the 3DS game case would kind of suck as the prize. I much prefer exclusive bits of memorabilia. I've no idea what it could be, but hopefully it's something new and not something old from the catalog.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I took half a day off work the last time the 3DS case came to get as many I as I could for me and my friend. It's the best physical reward they've ever offered.

I need two more!

What time, exactly, does the year end?

I am 10 points short, don't have a Wii U or 3DS, and looking for some options.

I dunno, maybe pick up Golden Sun DD. Gamestop has it new for $15. Probably a dumb suggestion, but it's the cheapest Nintendo game I can think of for easy points.

I didn't register any games this year so I just put a hex on Club Nintendo. The 2013 prize will be awful. It certainly won't be a Luigi hat, or anything cool that I'll feel bad about missing out on. You guys are getting some sticker/button quality rewards.

But next year will be the best ever.

I pruchased both Game and Wario and Super Luigi U and now of the registeration surveys are appearing.

I'm 10 points away from getting platinum. Nintendo's eShop is shit. -_-

I'ma wear out my Blooper fan in this goddamn heatwave...

But seriously, I can't believe how disappointing the rewards are for NoA. 16 things total? Even the notebooks are sold out. Not seeing fans anymore... or hand towels... or 3DS accessories. What the hell. JP & EU get amazing things out the friggin' ears and we're stuck with Mario & Luigi greeting cards. I really wanted to get my hands on the Hanafuda set this year, or even the other two fans, but oops! Sold out again as well.

I love you Nintendo, but seriously, you're gonna have to step it up a little.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
US Club Nintendo has games for points which is better than any of the other rewards on the EU site.

Japan though has some great soundtracks and a few other things I'm jealous over.

iphys

When you download something from the eShop it can take about an hour before the registration survey shows up. It might be even more delayed than that right now if a lot of people are trying to reach platinum at the last minute, so just check back in a bit. I'm guessing you have till midnight pacific time.

elite_zpsc4b963e5.png

2009 was the hat.
Had no interest in 2010, and missed out on that cool statue.
2011 had a pin set. '12 had cards.
This year's plat reward better be good.

When you download something from the eShop it can take about an hour before the registration survey shows up. It might be even more delayed than that right now if a lot of people are trying to reach platinum at the last minute, so just check back in a bit. I'm guessing you have till midnight pacific time.

I hope it shows up soon..

I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sorry if this has been asked countless times before, it's not covered in the OP: at what time do the regular monthly games update?
Sometime around 9 AM PT/Noon ET. Though considering they gotta deal with resetting the reward year and the fact that if the yearly prize is up, traffic is gonna be HEAVY, so it might be an hour or so later.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sometime around 9 AM PT/Noon ET. Though considering they gotta deal with resetting the reward year and the fact that if the yearly prize is up, traffic is gonna be HEAVY, so it might be an hour or so later.

It's usually much closer to 1 PM Eastern.

Quake1028

I have 40 worthless coins that are expiring today. However, I have enough coins to reach Gold tomorrow (around 450), so Platinum next year is a piece of cake. I even found some DS games I have had forever that still had unused coins.

Top Bottom