• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

I just had my 3DS XL stolen, with all my Ambassador games and certificate, and Fire Emblem bought through the eshop.

What's the next step? Am I screwed? Will Nintendo help?

I'm still in denial at this point, but I can't think of anything else happening but it was stolen out of my passenger seat while my car was in my friend's driveway. A brazen act, that makes me incredibly angry.

Any advice on if Nintendo can/will help is appreciated.

damn dude. hope you can retrieve everything without hurdles.
Nintendo needs to fix this digital thing, and fast.

Gin

if i buy something off of eshop - am i credited with coins immediately?

just bought project x and some other game thru eshop.. no coin update as of yet.

was hoping to get the 120 needed for platinum status. :(

Man, the rewards are slim pickens right now.

Anyone have 200 points they don't want? I'm interested in F-Zero X and I'll paypal you some money!

Edit: Kai Dracon came through and didn't want my money. Thank you so much and I'll be sure to pay it forward!

eggwolio

I just had my 3DS XL stolen, with all my Ambassador games and certificate, and Fire Emblem bought through the eshop.

I'm still in denial at this point, but I can't think of anything else happening but it was stolen out of my passenger seat while my car was in my friend's driveway. A brazen act, that makes me incredibly angry.

Posts like this hurt my heart.

I have never been through this particular experience, but Nintendo's Customer Service has always been SUPER helpful to me. They go out of their way to make you happy. Just be polite and patient with them on the phone and I have very little doubts they'll get you taken care of. I've heard a few horror stories, but they're the exception, rather than the rule. Keep us posted.

Oh my god whoever bumped this thread, I owe you forever. I just made Platinum 10 minutes before the deadline and almost missed it because I completely forgot.

if i buy something off of eshop - am i credited with coins immediately?

just bought project x and some other game thru eshop.. no coin update as of yet.

was hoping to get the 120 needed for platinum status. :(

PM'd you. I got your back in case they don't show up in time. ~

I'm truly sorry to hear this. I hope Nintendo does right for you. Keep us informed.

Shoyz

A Tier: Nintendoji, Figure/Statue
B Tier: 3DS XL Dock, 3DS Game Case, Plushie, 3DS Game Download, T-Shirt
C Tier: Luigi Hat
D Tier: 8bit Mario Pillow
E Tier: Posters, Cards
F Tier: Pins, Coaster, Paperweight
Dream Tier: Miniature (playable) Ocarina, (G&W-esque) 3DS Game, Controller (SNES Wii/Gold Nunchuck-esque)
(A-B: Excited, C-D: Good, E-F: Junk)

It'd be cool to get something Animal Crossing related. Perfect timing considering we're riding the launch of New Leaf, and Villager's popularity in the next Smash Bros.

Vibed

As always, I wait till the last minute registering my games, also wasting all the coins I could've gotten on expired post plays or registrations (more so from downloadable games). I also always miss those extra coins from registering in the first month or putting it on your want list.

Whew, close call. Hadn't seen this thread in awhile but luckily I randomly went on Nintendo's site and saw it was ending today. Looks like I missed out on my Nintendo Land post play survey :( and I guess my Animal Crossing XL bundle doesn't have a code for the actual game but I made it. Platinum another year! :)

Only missed out on last year because I completely forgot and wasted a bunch of coins.

Gin

Got PLAT status finally.. woohoo !
I really hope Nintendo puts out some nice goods this time.

Thanks for everyone's help. Sorry for the bumps in this thread - but glad I reminded some people above me :)

backlot

You'll probably have to file a police report and give Nintendo your 3DS's serial number to get them to do anything.

Jessicat

weird, it's past 1am here but nothing's updated o_O Not like I can go platinum now anyways [need 270 coins XD] ah, well. This is my first year being part of club nintendo ^^; Sucks that some of the games I did buy only had coins for the download version :/

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I guess we won't know what the Plat prize is for about another week...last year it was announced on July 6

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hmm. 24 minutes left.

How did everyone do? It's technically not too late! Is there anyone just shy of the Gold/Plat status?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Given up expecting anything special after they gave us playing cards last year anyways.
The playing cards were really nice.

Now, I could see being mad at a cheap foam Luigi hat being the new platinum, but those cards were actually pretty well done. I actually want to get that nice Luigi coin with my points...

Entered in my codes last night, Platinum again of course.

Still have a pile of codes to enter in once it ticks over and becomes the new year. Ugh I hate the survey process since they don't need to know my opinion of where I got X or Y game. :(

DDayton

I do hope we don't see a sudden and unannounced drop in survey values tomorrow... I mean, there's not really a precedent for it, but...

Elija2

How do some of you guys have huge stockpiles of codes? I barely made it to Platinum this year, yet some of you already have enough codes to reach it again next year? Do you steal codes from your friends, or do you actually buy that many Nintendo games?

DDayton

How do some of you guys have huge stockpiles of codes? I barely made it to Platinum this year, yet some of you already have enough codes to reach it again next year? Do you steal codes from your friends, or do you actually buy that many Nintendo games?

Stealing codes would be unethical.

Note that the Club Nintendo site didn't start until two years AFTER the Wii launched and about 3/4 after the DS. Many early Wii and DS titles were eligible for points, and it became clear very early on that registering one's entire backlog was counterproductive. Some of us have been sitting on the older titles since the launch of Club Nintendo... hence the spreadsheet for tracking this data.

M-PG71C

Honestly, I'm Nintendo's bitch. Sad eh? :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member

DS/Wii games going on sale for 5-10 bucks the past two or three years and a very good 2012-2013 for Nintendo releases.

As for getting coins if you do the product registration deals/intend to buy and buy a lot of digital titles you can get stacks and stacks of coins.

DDayton

Status just reset... nothing else appears different, which is as expected.

Okay, GAFfers -- the race is ON -- who can get Platinum for 2014 first?

(cannon blast)

Parallacs

The door opens to reveal... nothing.

I keep loading the page just to see if they are refreshing their rewards stock. I can wait another week to see what the platinum prize is.

Drago

happy-new-year-clipart.gif

Canon

Banned
I buy almost every Nintendo-published game that has codes. I can get platinum in a couple months.

I got Gold. 95 coins shy. Wii U only counting as 160 coins was some bullshit.

Hopefully Nintendo will do a better job of releasing games I want this year, so I can actually hit Platinum. Probably not, although I do need a new 3DS...

DDayton

I miss the days of hoarding surveys forever... now you have to keep the slips or remember to keep registering within the dinky timeframes. Sigh.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I miss the days of hoarding surveys forever... now you have to keep the slips or remember to keep registering within the dinky timeframes. Sigh.

You can just start a document file, enter or scan in the info depending on how lazy you want to do it and keep notes about it.

DDayton

You can just start a document file, enter or scan in the info depending on how lazy you want to do it and keep notes about it.

I find it's better to keep things more physical -- unlike the envelope full of Amazon vouchers that has been missing for the past year... urrgh...

Edit: How cute. The page is telling me I'm "All Done" -- silly me, thinking I had 198 incomplete surveys to do...

Velcro Fly

Got enough surveys sitting around that I should be able to hit Gold whenever I feel like this week. Depending on how many 3DS games I buy I could have platinum by Christmas.

I do have a text file that has all my unregistered CN codes but I also keep them in game boxes in case I ever need them. Figure the text document is a safer route than little slips of paper.

DDayton

Interesting... New Super Luigi U registeres for 40 coins, as expected, but the full value of the game is 40 coins -- the extra 20 isn't being given as a separate entry (early reg bonus) like I expected.

Husband bums them off people. :: shrug :: They're not doing anything with them!

Arc07

I just answered my ACNL survey, but it still says 300 coins to Gold 2013. Am I screwed or is this a glitch?
It will update... eventually. I remember it doing that last year after I put 600 points worth of stuff and it updated the next day with my platinum status.

Top Bottom