• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
8iCbpvZ.png

Success, or something. Will probably get Platinum this year since I have two years worth of surveys to use, including a Wii U.

I love how that green super Mario box that was on there for ~700 points a few weeks ago sold out so quickly and then completely disappeared from the site. I'm guessing it's one of those things that we'll never see again.

This is my second time as Platinum, last time was year #1 with the Mario hat.

Lexxism

Wow. I just registered my acnl game and I still got 60 coins. I thought it will only be 50 coins. Good thing I didn't register it on launch.

I'm sure it's just an early morning hiccup, but I just noticed that a survey I did today didn't count against the gold status for 2013/2014. I did 70 coins worth of surveys, but I'm still showing 300 coins left til Gold.

JohngPR

I had totally forgotten about the due date on this until I saw Wario64 tweet about it.

I went to check my status and

4NmQ2Dk.png

I would've been pissed if I missed Platinum by 10 points! Luckily I had three 10 point surveys I hadn't done so I made it by the skin of my teeth. :)

Here's my overall status:

zxUdf2N.png

I'm sure it's just an early morning hiccup, but I just noticed that a survey I did today didn't count against the gold status for 2013/2014. I did 70 coins worth of surveys, but I'm still showing 300 coins left til Gold.

Doesn't seem to be updating for a lot of people. I entered about 600 coins and nothing.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Oh wow, was so busy with work last month that I forgot all about this. First year I didn't hit Plat despite having a ton of unentered games.

90sRobots

The 20 bonus coins promo is still on the Club Nintendo page, even though it expired hours ago. Anyway, two things make me lol about this photo:
uN11fd4Kh3EXHw8UlsPYfzvQvHJxFJsC.png

-They're using sprites from a game that you can't play on Wii U.
-The "screen" is slicing off a chunk of the Y button.

A+ shoop, Nintendo. You've... you've earned it.

salt_n_pepa-shoop(1).jpg

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Hit Platinum again this year, and should be able to next year as I've held on on registering my U (plus I've got some game codes I've yet to enter).

So I checked my account and I got the bar saying I'm 300 coins away from Gold status.

I can probably start adding codes and doing surveys but I think I'm going to wait a few days into the new year just in case.

Deku Tree

So I checked my account and I got the bar saying I'm 300 coins away from Gold status.

I can probably start adding codes and doing surveys but I think I'm going to wait a few days into the new year just in case.

Yeah, I got that "300 coins to Gold" Bar this morning too. Then I did a 10 coin survey, and it gave me the 10 coins but the bar still says 300 coins to Gold...

Hah, just came in to post about the bar issue. The coins are being entered as 7/1 and the Elite Status coin amount for 2013 isn't going up, so I'm fairly confident they'll count towards the new CN year. The site has always been a little "slow" to put it nicely...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I know we get whatever it is in the fall, but when do we know WHAT it is?
A week or two from now if past years are anything to go by.

EDIT: Glad I didn't buy Yoshi until this weekend because that netted me the extra 20 coins today. 30 cents for 30 coins, nice. :D

WowBaby

It was a slow Nintendo year for me. I managed platinum in one account and gold in the other. I hope the offerings are good.

Ghazi

2013 will probably be the onu year I Platinum, let alone Gold. I don't buy many Nintendo products and I just got there this year because I registered a bunch of old games, a 3DS XL, and my parents Wii U plus any games they had bought. I hit 890 points this year, also does anyone know when the point bonus for Animal Crossing expires? My copy arrives on the 5th and I want to know if I can get the 60 instead of 50.

ReconPeon

I'm confused. It said I was platinum until today. Now it says I'm gold, why is that? I know I'm probably being dumb, I just don't get it. I want the platinum reward, so I'm confused.

Edit: Sorry, I'm dumb. So it says 300 coins to gold. Meaning that it reset today I guess, so I should be good if I was platinum before today?

Lexxism

I'm confused. It said I was platinum until today. Now it says I'm gold, why is that? I know I'm probably being dumb, I just don't get it. I want the platinum reward, so I'm confused.

Edit: Sorry, I'm dumb. So it says 300 coins to gold. Meaning that it reset today I guess, so I should be good if I was platinum before today?

Yeah. July 1 is the start of the new cn year. That's why your status was reset.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Really? But the OP says:
Well not exactly. Here are the dates the prizes were announced in previous years.

2012: Announced July 6th
2011: Announced July 1st
2010: Announced July 1st
2009: Announced July 14th

It might be today or it might be in a week or two.

Well not exactly. Here are the dates the prizes were announced in previous years.

2012: Announced July 6th
2011: Announced July 1st
2010: Announced July 1st
2009: Announced July 14th

It might be today or it might be in a week or two.

Ah, I see.

Time to tone my excitement down a bit then, just in case.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They should, but they're not showing up for the 2014 year yet. Might wanna wait until it's confirmed that they appear on your account.

Lexxism

So if I start filling the surveys that I intentionally left uncompleted today those coins will count toward the new Club Nintendo year?

Yeah. That's what I did recently but it's not showing right now. Maybe they are having a technical problem or whatsoever.

Javier

I purchased a Wii U VC game (Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts) during the weekend to get the extra 20 coins promo. I noticed I had 195 today in the morning when yesterday I had 175. I checked the coin history and 20 coins were automatically added because of the VC promo. Is this the first time coins get added without having to fill a survey?

Got Platinum for the third year in a row, which leads me to an apology. Ever since I started using Club Nintendo, the Platinum awards started being lame. Sorry everybody.

Also, just registered some handheld games I bought a while back and already have 200 coins to the next Platinum. Feels good.

isny

napkin dispenser
So, the x coins to gold thing isn't updating is it? Maybe I should wait to register more stuff today...

Once I redeem my platinum prize I can then wonder where the hell it is in the fall and then get it in the mail some time mid-January...

Didn't make it to Platinum this year unfortunately as I couldn't get as many Nintendo games as I had hoped, haha. Next year should be a solid, easy platinum though with the boatload of 3DS and Wii U games that are coming out.

hunnies28

After last year's reward I'm not holding my breath. I still have a bunch of codes for next year's status but I'll wait a few days to use them.

They better tell us what Platinum is today. I don't wanna have to wait like last year. :(

They could at the very least update the digital games but as always it'll probably be stuff that I already have, am not interested in, or that I feel will be too high in coins. 150 coins for a $4 game? lol. I ain't doing that when a new physical reward could be right around the corner.

Top Bottom