• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Parallacs

I don't know why, but I just registered a code for the 2013-14 Club Nintendo Year. And it still shows 300 coins to Gold

It's a bug that everyone is having and have talked about. I'm sure Nintendo is keeping track and your numbers will eventually change.

I'm personally just waiting another week for everything to right itself out before I complete my pile of surveys.

aeolustl

It's a bug that everyone is having and have talked about. I'm sure Nintendo is keeping track and your numbers will eventually change.

I'm personally just waiting another week for everything to right itself out before I complete my pile of surveys.
Oh, I see. Thanks.
Maybe I should register others next week too

Fonz72

I had 580 points expiring so I picked up the blue card/stylus case. Is it actually worth having, or pretty cheap?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, already got DK on GB/eShop and Super Punch-Out on SNES (wasn't that a reward previously), plus Star Fox 64 on VC and 3DS.

Any opinions on Aura-Aura Climber? Don't think I've even heard of it.

zroid

Banned
You know what, I think I'll finally bite on Aura Aura Climber. Everyone seems to love it.

edit: huh it's only $2? i should just buy it, lol

Oh man, amazing game choices. Getting Donkey Kong and Super Punch-Out for sure, and I recommend you all to get them as well if you don't already. (especially DK)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This lineup is stacked top to bottom.

Aura Aura Climber was the original darling hit for the DSi.

Donkey Kong is one of the best GB games ever.

Super Punch Out and Star Fox 64 are really quite good!

corn_fest

Heads up, Donkey Kong is an awesome game and if you don't get it you may be an objectively bad person.
It reminds me of Portal in that every level introduces some new sort of level design or mechanic, so there's very little fat. One of the only GB games I've played through from start to finish in recent years.

Eric C

and here's the screencap of the new games

S6zMTMP.png

I'll get StarFox 64. My strategy with my coins is to slowly go digital with all old Nintendo games that I still own carts for.

But why for Wii? Can't we start getting these games on Wii U?

Drago

Only game I don't already have is Star Fox 64, and I have that on 3DS already.

Great selection but nothing for me! Last month killed my coin wallet so this is a good thing :)

ngower

Meh. Will wait to see what other rewards pop up.

Don't know if it's been mentioned in here, but there's a Luigi pin promo for Super Luigi U. Wondering if Nintendo will start doing more stuff like that for new releases down the road? They HAVE to do something when Pokemon and Zelda come out.

topplehat

I'm still confused how those Wii VC games work on a Wii U....Anyone able to clear that up for me?

You can play them in "Wii Mode". When the game becomes available on the Wii U VC, you can then pay a fee to "transfer" it to the Wii U, which will allow you to play with the GamePad, Miiverse, etc.

PopfulMail

Was just coming to mention this issue as well.. good to know. I've got 18 to dos and another 15 or so items to register at home... so I'll probably wait a few days to make sure this gets worked out first.

bumpkin

Partway through the first day of the new CN Year and I'm 150 coins away from Gold. Yay for stockpiled post-play and downloaded game registration surveys! I fully expect to be platinum by tonight; I have a pile of retail codes at home I've been hanging onto, including my 3DS XL serial/pin. :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oh shit I just remembered I will be moving next month. Will I be able to update my address then to get my platinum reward?

Yeah - I had to do this last year. Just make sure you do update it. If I remember correctly, they ship it to the address that's on file when the Platinum rewards get back from production. Last year, I moved and forgot to change my address, so someone else got the special edition playing cards. I was SUPER bummed. I called the Club Nintendo Rep and was able to get one of the extras they had sitting around sent to me. He told me this doesn't happen often, etc etc etc.

Moral of the story? Change your address as soon as you know it.

Yeah - I had to do this last year. Just make sure you do update it. If I remember correctly, they ship it to the address that's on file when the Platinum rewards get back from production. Last year, I moved and forgot to change my address, so someone else got the special edition playing cards. I was SUPER bummed. I called the Club Nintendo Rep and was able to get one of the extras they had sitting around sent to me. He told me this doesn't happen often, etc etc etc.

Moral of the story? Change your address as soon as you know it.

Ok thanks a lot!

Yay, stuff I already own. Except for Super Punch Out. But if I get it I still have to pay $1.50 for the WiiU version whenever it comes out so not really worth it imo.

Please for fucks sake let's get something good for platinum. I was hapoy with last years stuff, so it doesn't take much to please me just stuff that I don't already own.well I would be pleased with a calender so guess I'm good ether way...

Now to wait for them to announce the Platinum rewards. Yay....

I'm sure there will be much moaning about the gold/plat rewards, but I always like physical stuff. I was happy to get the pins and the cards. US will probably always be behind Japan in the coolness of the rewards, though.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Dang, was hoping for the NES DK, so nothing for me right now. Starfox 64 is a no brainer for anyone that doesn't own it.

When are we going to see Wii U VC games?

womp

Didn't even know that Donkey Kong GB was more than just the classic 'jump over rolling barrels' game. Seems to be a pretty good deal for 100 coins.

Haha...nope...it's a fantastic action/puzzle game and one of the best GB games ever.

Beyond the doubt worth 100 coins.

I bought it at launch right away (I still own my cart too) and everyone should grab it.

Top Bottom