• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Vibranium

Banned
Hopefully Nintendo's "soon" time for the Platinum/Gold prizes isn't on the same wavelength as Valve Time.

Anyways I picked up DK game reward because of all the good word of mouth it's getting here, I'm sure I'll have a blast.

Ondore

I had 0 coins at the start of the day, entered 900 coins worth, and bought Star Fox/Aura-Aura.

I can now buy any physical reward I want... but I don't want any of them. Meh.

Penguin

The first person to write a haiku about Rick Rude wins their choice of either a Super Punch-Out, Donkey Kong or Aura Aura Climber download code for the 3DS.

For reference, this is Rick Rude:

rude2.jpg

Oh the inspiration for my tag!

DasMarcos

Banned
I'm terribly (and probably foolishly) excited for the platinum reward coming up! I really do hope for an item with a lot more punch after those playing cards last year...

I've registered 300 coins so far for this new Club Nintendo year, so I'm in a good place. :)

No_Style

I'm got Platinum for this year. Hopefully it's something neat. The last time I was Platinum, there was that neat statue that I still enjoy. Hopefully this year won't be something lame.

Anustart

I'm got Platinum for this year. Hopefully it's something neat. The last time I was Platinum, there was that neat statue that I still enjoy. Hopefully this year won't be something lame.

I've got a feeling this year is going to be a fully functional, gas powered mario kart, complete with arsenal*

*1 blue shell per customer.

Zeroth

I've got a feeling this year is going to be a fully functional, gas powered mario kart, complete with arsenal*

*1 blue shell per customer.

Luigi themed WiiU. Believe.

They have to get rid of those recalled basic models anyway

Zebra

These rewards, or lack thereof, are getting on my nerves. Do they even care anymore?

I'm thinking they have just been trying to clear their stock of current rewards... Set coins to expire which forces people to spend them on the current rewards that CN has likely had difficulty getting out of the door so as to make room for new rewards that people might actually want. :lol

Either that or they're transitioning to purely digital games rewards.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I was typing random stuff into eBay the other day, and I came across a guy selling a 3DS club nintendo code....and the picture he put up was of the actual code. Did I miss something there? Nobody is that stupid, right?

What am I missing here...I only have 455 coins, and it says 300 to gold... I don't know how many coins I had before but I was platinum so I know I had more

EDIT: Ohhhhhh! I guess the 150 coins I spent on Kid Icarus still counted towards my status. Sorry everyone :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just checked & yup, the coins I got for registering the 3DS version of MH3U have been applied. Says I'm 260 coins from gold. Time to go on a survey spree.

I was typing random stuff into eBay the other day, and I came across a guy selling a 3DS club nintendo code....and the picture he put up was of the actual code. Did I miss something there? Nobody is that stupid, right?

Apparently, they are, haha.

Did four surveys and added three registration codes for a total of 160 coins. Only 140 coins away from Gold. Definitely will be buying more games as they come out so hitting Platinum again won't be a problem.

I already have DK '94 on cart, but I'm really tempted to pick it up for 100 coins. Already played through it a year ago, but it's just so good, I'm sure I would play it, it's perfect for short bursts. Not sure about StarFox 64. Isn't it really short?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Haha. Did you try entering it in?
I felt kind of bad, but yeah, haha. It was definitely a code for a 3DS, and it said it had already been claimed. I thought about messaging the seller but, eh.

zroid

Banned
Well, time to get cracking on my pending surveys. Once those are done, it should put me at around 200 for the year.

Oh and I guess I'll register Animal Crossing now for the early reg bonus.

Got Platinum (630) yesterday, and I have enough codes for Gold next year already lol. I have yet to fail to obtain Platinum. Now if only they'd put up some new physical rewards. I still think they just want us to "waste" our coins on the digital releases.

Bii

I already have DK '94 on cart, but I'm really tempted to pick it up for 100 coins. Already played through it a year ago, but it's just so good, I'm sure I would play it, it's perfect for short bursts. Not sure about StarFox 64. Isn't it really short?

Star Fox 64, on the first play through, can be completed in 1-1.5 hours for a new player. There are different paths in the game where you can play different worlds as well as getting an alternate final battle and ending. If you play the game three times, I believe you can go through every path...which should give you 3-5 hours of gameplay. Of course, you can replay the game to get a higher scores if you're into that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got all my surveys taken & products registered. 55 coins short of Gold status. Still kind of confused as to why Nintendo allowed an Intend-To-Buy for Nintendo Land, then made it so if you got the Deluxe Bundle, it was a separate code. Oh well. Just have to get a code for that & then DKCR 3D and Game & Wario once I get around to getting them.

Now if only they'd put up some new physical rewards. I still think they just want us to "waste" our coins on the digital releases.

Shit, I wish they'd give me more digital options to spend my coins on. Games that I might actually play are far less wasteful then silly trinkets to clutter up my living space.

I'm very tempted to pick up DK '94 as well, my difference being that I've never played it before. Looks fun though

Does anyone know at what point they pull your address for shipping the Plat/Gold prizes?

Normally it's a page you go to to redeem the prize on your own.
In the case of Platinum members, you can then choose between the Plat or Gold rewards.

So the address will be used when you confirm your order, I guess.

Top Bottom