• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

DO NOT DO THIS.

You're screwing over someone else.

Agreed. It a terrible thing to do.

Also, if the rightful owner ever complained to Nintendo that their new console was already registered then it would be a simple matter for Nintendo to track down the offending unit and find out which account registered it. Then when they noticed multiple units registered to a single account prosecution would likely follow.

AirBrian

That's actually very surprising they number like that. Usually the last digit in serial numbers are more of check-digits and are not consecutive to prevent this kind of thing. If one did do this and Nintendo approached them, it's an easy excuse out to simply say you fat fingered the input since so many consecutive letters on the keyboard are next to each other or in very close proximity. Although, I suppose they could check the dates of the multiple 3DS' registered and see you did the "legit" one first.

bumpkin

Woohoo, Platinum get! And best of all, I still have two 3DS XL registrations and a few new games (AC, Luigi) that I'm sitting on. Kind of holding out hope that NOA will do some sort of promotion like Europe's "So many games" where you can get a freebie for reg'ing a system and some of the new releases.

trixx

One reason i bought a Wii u was to get the gold nunchuck and that disappeared. So if they gave me the opportunity to buy it as a prize for my gold membership I would be happy

Socreges

Banned
Trixx, that seems optimistic.

That's actually very surprising they number like that. Usually the last digit in serial numbers are more of check-digits and are not consecutive to prevent this kind of thing. If one did do this and Nintendo approached them, it's an easy excuse out to simply say you fat fingered the input since so many consecutive letters on the keyboard are next to each other or in very close proximity. Although, I suppose they could check the dates of the multiple 3DS' registered and see you did the "legit" one first.
Yep. There's really no excuse you can give. So, karma for those that did it, I guess.

zroid

Banned
bought a "new" (gutted) copy of Steel Diver from EB Games for $0.99, lol

it has a Club N code, of course :p

I already have the game so I'm giving it to my friend tho. I could swipe the code but he always struggles to get elite status so he'll derive more use from it than I can.

Cactus

Banned
I have two extra NSMBU Club Nintendo codes. I'm not sure if they work, but I'm willing to trade them for other codes (WiiU or 3DS).

I'd let the buyers test the codes before they sends me theirs, of course.

Mupod

bought a "new" (gutted) copy of Steel Diver from EB Games for $0.99, lol

it has a Club N code, of course :p

I already have the game so I'm giving it to my friend tho. I could swipe the code but he always struggles to get elite status so he'll derive more use from it than I can.

I saw that on the shelf yesterday and did a double take. I got a brand new sealed copy too.

This happened to me with my 3DS, which I downloaded a couple of games before linking my CN account. I e-mailed Nintendo explaining what happened, and they added the surveys to the account.

I emailed them last night, and they replied this morning and added New Super Luigi to my list!

They were great! Thank you, or I wouldn't have contacted them.

Ondore

How would they do that if you already own the WiiU? Equivalent in Deluxe Digital points or eShop credit?

(Actually...)

One reason i bought a Wii u was to get the gold nunchuck and that disappeared. So if they gave me the opportunity to buy it as a prize for my gold membership I would be happy

Yeah, I want that too. They also took the 1200 coin handheld ball game off the market. Grrrrr...and I have more than enough coins for it.

I Want to thank OP, this thread inspired me to finally get a club n account and register my backlog of codes. Too bad many of my DS and none of my GBA games were no longer valid or I'd be platinum for years to come. As it is I was able to hit it for 2013 and still have more than enough for a platinum 2014.

I just hope that the rest of 2013 and then 2014 sees better eShop downloads as prizes on CN. Other than DK94, there's been nothing I wanted.

How exactly does that work if I want to spend some of my coins on a digital download. Do I get to choose which of my wii's or wii u I download the game to? I'm guessing they issue some kind of code that I'll just punch in on the system I want the game?

Camjo-Z

The Platinum gift is going to be a Smash 4 demo with all the announced characters playable! Believe!

it's going to be mario-themed stickers

I wonder what the chances are of having the same PIN as somebody else except for the last letter...

Pretty damn high, actually. For this sort of thing they usually enable codes as they are produced* (or in the case of eShop cards when they are activated at the store). They probably have the system enable the code after writing said code down on one of the pamphlet thingies, which are then put into the appropriate game box.

Basically, if the code works then there is probably a 3DS somewhere out there that has it. Though, judging by the code I wouldn't be surprised if it was produced in the same batch...

EDIT: *Unless they're putting codes out there that don't exist for the hell of it, of course.

Give me a Wario Pro Controller and i will be happy....Or a NES color scheme cause the Wario is a pipe dream and the NES well that is a pipe dream as well. Just give me a damned controller Nintendo. NoJ would do it.

Then again the actual owner could be clueless about Club Nintendo and the PIN is sitting unused in the box or even the trash...

But yeah it's not ethical.

Dude yeah, it's a good catch on your part, but I'd be freaking pissed if i bought a brand new 3DS, and discovered someone already registered it. It's nice of Nintendo to have club-nintendo at all. Abusing it like this would probably eventually cause it to shut down.

Drago

I wonder if NoA would give away an early VC copy of Earthbound to platinum members. No way, but it's nice to dream... it would almost definitely be a better reward than whatever it's actually going to be :p

Still hoping for the Club Nintendo Picross that's been out in Japan for a while to come over too, seeing as Picross games are finally coming to NA. That and those XL docks...

How exactly does that work if I want to spend some of my coins on a digital download. Do I get to choose which of my wii's or wii u I download the game to? I'm guessing they issue some kind of code that I'll just punch in on the system I want the game?

You just go to CN, pick the game you want (it tells you what system it's for with a banner around the game's picture), and spend your coins on it. You are then given an eShop or other shop code (it is also sent by email), which you punch in under "redeem code".

Upon entering the code, you will be given a free download to the game you chose.

Drago

XL docks...

nintendo_3ds_ll_charging_cradle_colors.jpg

I really want the white one

Bullza2o

Got platinum long ago, and I have around 210 to start this CN year. I'm getting a ton of Wii U games later on, but I hope I'll be able to platinum again with just games. The only reason why I got platinum for 2 years was due to the systems I bought (2 of them per year).

Socreges

Banned
I don't see much point in the dock. And I bring my charger into different rooms all the time so I'd actually find it to be annoying.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I don't see much point in the dock. And I bring my charger into different rooms all the time so I'd actually find it to be annoying.
Different color for each room?

zroid

Banned
lol hey I would take one of these as a reward for Platinum hell it would be better than a button set.

I think he meant it's cruel that it's not the actual reward :p

Intend-To-Buy survey for Pikmin 3 (retail & download) is now up, available until July 28th.

on it!

--

also, is it news that SMT4 will have a Club N code? I don't think the earlier Atlus 3DS games had them, or did they.

Top Bottom