• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Jessicat

Possibly a dumb question, but how long does the "early registration" +10 coin bonus last? I registered Project X Zone [for last year's coin total] but I think I only got 40 coins o_O Is that extra 10 added later, or is there an extra survey for that or what?

*edit* and how do you access to the "intend to buy" surveys for upcoming games?

Mupod

I don't really go out of my way to plan out saving codes, it just happens that I had some left over 'cause I'm lazy. Considering how much is releasing in the next year I don't think I'll have any trouble hitting Platinum. Thanks in part to the company with that same name.

The way I see it if those damn 3DS game cases go up again I want to have some points ready to go so I try to keep a certain amount in there.

zroid

Banned
Possibly a dumb question, but how long does the "early registration" +10 coin bonus last? I registered Project X Zone [for last year's coin total] but I think I only got 40 coins o_O Is that extra 10 added later, or is there an extra survey for that or what?

Early registration consists of 30 days I think, but unfortunately 3rd party games don't qualify for it (nor do they have intend to buy surveys)

*edit* and how do you access to the "intend to buy" surveys for upcoming games?

if there are ITBs available then they should appear in your "earn coins" tab, below the pending surveys. I don't think there are any right now, but Pikmin 3 should be going up in a few days.

Lasdrub

120 coins to get to Gold. I had a lot of post-product registrations to do. I accidentally registered Animal Crossing too early, but oh well. I think I told Nintendo that all digital content should be purchased to an account rather than to a system five times.

Nintendo fixed the issue where my coins weren't counting towards this year, as well.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, will Kokuga be worth 30 pts forever or does the asterisk mark that it's a temporary increase?

bumpkin

Went through all of my post-play surveys and a chunk of my PIN inserts this morning before I had to leave for work. I'm up to 120 coins away from platinum with several more PINs I can enter tonight. Platinum is so mine! >:)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, will Kokuga be worth 30 pts forever or does the asterisk mark that it's a temporary increase?
The asterisk is just for informing you that you get 20 for buying it/registering it, then 10 for doing the post play survey a week later, equaling 30 coins you can get from the game.

Damian.

Banned
I am hoping if it is something that will collect dust, that it is a Luigi hat to go along with my Mario hat I got several years ago.

So I reached Platinum for this past Club Nintendo year, but right now it has the amount of coins I have (875), but is saying 300 coins to Gold.

Would I be good to start doing more surveys for those coins and they wouldn't just add/count towards last time's amount?

So I reached Platinum for this past Club Nintendo year, but right now it has the amount of coins I have (875), but is saying 300 coins to Gold.

Would I be good to start doing more surveys for those coins and they wouldn't just add/count towards last time's amount?

Right, as of July 1st, any new coins you earn will count towards the 2013-2014 Platinum status, not last year's (the 2012-2013 year).

Lasdrub

Awesome, it's just that my coin count stays, then?

"Coin Expiration: Please note that unredeemed Coins expire after 2 Club Nintendo years (July 1 - June 30)."

Check out the Coins & Status tab under Account & Coins (located under sign out) to find out if any of your coins will expire. Mine is still showing the expiring coins for last year, but it will be updated eventually.

On a different topic, I am looking at my reward order inquiry, and with my Club Nintendo coins I have gotten:

Super Mario Kart
Majora's Mask
Dr. Mario Online RX
Super Punch-Out!!
Mario Party 2
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario
Star Fox 64
Donkey Kong '94

Total value of about $80. Not too shabby.

Registered Kirby Mass Attack, PXZ, Fortune Street and Rhythm Heaven Fever (thank you, newegg, for those last 3 being $10 each) and am 140 shy of Gold. 12 surveys, 2 of which are 5 instead of 10 and the post plays for these will put me into gold in the next week. I plan on getting NSLU, so I'll be well on my way, already.

Quake1028

Sweet, I just entered all of my coins and I am at 490 for the year already. +50 for M&L in August and +50 for Pokemon in October means I can start saving coins from then on for next year. Not bad for only having a 3DS XL.

DasMarcos

Banned
Sweet, I just entered all of my coins and I am at 490 for the year already. +50 for M&L in August and +50 for Pokemon in October means I can start saving coins from then on for next year. Not bad for only having a 3DS XL.

Nice bro! I plan on getting Game and Wario (60), Pikmin (60), 2 Pokemon (Wife and I), among many others so I'm already set for this year too.

zroid

Banned
Hey donny, if you're seeing this, you may be happy to know that I've finally relented. I'm going to record all my codes in a spreadsheet.

YOU WIN!

Ondore

I like how they're putting status out to 2017 in the Coins and Status screen. I'm not sure the service will be *around* in 2017.

tenchir

I am good for this year.

platium.png

Man i was going to buy Starfox or super punch out until i found out wii shop purchases on the wii u do not qualify for coins. can you only system transfer once?

Javier

Wish I had remembered to Link my club Nintendo account before I bought New Super Luigi U last week

D'oh!

=(
This happened to me with my 3DS, which I downloaded a couple of games before linking my CN account. I e-mailed Nintendo explaining what happened, and they added the surveys to the account.

This happened to me with my 3DS, which I downloaded a couple of games before linking my CN account. I e-mailed Nintendo explaining what happened, and they added the surveys to the account.

I forgot to fill out a survey once. After it disappeared, I emailed Nintendo saying I never got it and they put it back up.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm always looking on eBay for those Japanese colored XL docks, and I finally see a couple. I just can't see spending like $50 to get one. C'mon NOA, do this one favor for me.

Hmm. I suppose I'll try emailing them then. Thanks.

Also, nice avatar. :D

DonMigs85

Did you guys know that re-registering your 3DS system PIN code and changing the last letter to the next one over (for example L to M or P to Q) gets you 160 coins again? I was scared to answer the survey though in case Nintendo discovers it and bans my account.

When do we find out what the platinum and gold rewards are?

It varies year-to-year. Some years we found out on July 1st, other years around July 6th, and I think the latest was around July 13th or something. So, we don't know honestly, but probably between today and the 14th would be a safe bet.

Did you guys know that re-registering your 3DS system PIN code and changing the last letter to the next one over (for example L to M or P to Q) gets you 160 coins again? I was scared to answer the survey though in case Nintendo discovers it and bans my account.

oh shit really?

EDIT: HOLY SHIT IT WORKS

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
oh shit really?

EDIT: HOLY SHIT IT WORKS
That's not "re-registering" your unit; you've essentially created a code from a different 3DS. It's unlikely Nintendo will ban you for it, but it's possible that somebody somewhere is going to open their brand new unit, go to CN and find out it's already been registered. Dick move, because it locks them out of the 3-month warranty extension. :/

That's not "re-registering" your unit; you've essentially created a code from a different 3DS. It's unlikely Nintendo will ban you for it, but it's possible that somebody somewhere is going to open their brand new unit, go to CN and find out it's already been registered. Dick move, because it locks them out of the 3-month warranty extension. :/

and now I feel kinda bad :/

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

DO NOT DO THIS.

You're screwing over someone else.

Top Bottom