• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

rekameohs

Banned
I've thought about picking up Punch Out NES on the 3DS, but now this Super Punch Out deal is making me consider getting that one on Wii instead. Which game would you say is better?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get why people would do the surveys today. It's like they wanna crash the servers on purpose.

Ghazi

I just got an error for a survey and my points have gone up, but not towards the new Nintendo Club year but everyone's having that problem.

Lexxism

The timeline for each Club Nintendo year is typically as follows:
July 1 - June 30: Earn coins
July 1: Discover prizes (usually around midday PDT)
Remainder of July: Fill in choice of gift survey
October-December: Gifts are sent out and received

I have a question on this one. It said that they will send the gifts around Oct-Dec. This will only applies with physical, right? Since you get the digital rewards immediately.

Mupod

I just got an error for a survey and my points have gone up, but not towards the new Nintendo Club year but everyone's having that problem.

Yeah, I'm getting coins but not progress towards the gold thingy. I forget if this happened last year.

I have a bunch of unused codes but I totally don't remember which games. Time to hunt through my stuff, I guess.

Has DK 64 aged well? I always see people praising it but I don't know if it's because of nostalgia... Is it worth it for someone who has never played it?

DK 94' is what I am assuming you mean. Yeah I'd say it has aged very nicely, and my first time playing it was the day it appeared on 3DS eshop. It starts off very simple and seems just the original DK. Then the real game starts and it becomes pretty awesome. It's just a lot of fun.

DK 64 I have no idea as I have never played it before. Would love to see it on VC some day though!

zroid

Banned
It's happening

DvqzDTA.png

soon

Has DK 64 aged well? I always see people praising it but I don't know if it's because of nostalgia... Is it worth it for someone who has never played it?
I know you meant '94, but I can answer your question. Absolutely NOT. DK 64 is a travesty of collect-a-thon game design, and this is coming from someone who adored Star Fox Adventures. DK '94, on the other hand, is nearly flawless. Buy it now.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
If you don't own DK '94 you really should. Still a wonderful game. Aura Aura Climber is solid too, but it's also only $2, so idk if I'd waste the coins.

Does anyone else's 'Coin & Status' page have 2014 Elite Status written under 'Elite Status History?'

I'm thinking I might wait for that to show up before doing surveys/adding coins.

Mupod

Yeah I'm gonna wait a bit on my surveys. But even if I used every code I have right now, the 3DS/Wii U games I have preordered right now are all enough to push me over platinum before next June.

Boogiepop

Man, they really need to stop looping the prizes. I mean, they're great games, but I already own them all (well, I guess I don't own SF64 on the Wii, but I have the cartridge AND the 3ds version, so I don't see the point). I want to spend coins Nintendo!

For that matter, they also REALLY need to introduce some new prizes into the normal prize loop. We're down to like 12 things that aren't out of stock, screensavers, or the monthly games.

zroid

Banned
It's odd that they haven't made more of those. It's possibly the best thing they offered.

Yep, those and the reversible pouches. I have two of each!

Would've picked up a third 18-card case, but I'm waiting (read: hoping) for the amazing Pikmin cover sleeve that Japan got.

WYRs4l.jpg

BooJoh

Jul 1, 2013 - Coins Added - Wii U Virtual Console Promo - 20

Not reflecting on my 2014 Status. I see this is a universal problem atm and I'll wait until it's fixed to start registering things. I just hope they get it worked out soon since I have some stuff expiring early this month.

I'm so glad I snatched up two of the 3DS game cases and one of the reversible pouches while they were till avaliable. They're the best rewards I could have hoped for from Club Nintendo (well besides maybe limited edition controllers, but NOA hates those apparently).

I just registered New Super Luigi: U and it didn't count for this new year. What's going on?

Same thing for me with my used copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening. I bet it's just glitchy. If it doesn't carry over in like a week or so, I'll just send over an email.

Canon

Banned
First day of the new year and already have 280 coins, 20 to gold. I'll be platinum by August (would be July if we were like Europe and got Dream Team and Pikmin 3 in July!)

Yep, those and the reversible pouches. I have two of each!

Would've picked up a third 18-card case, but I'm waiting (read: hoping) for the amazing Pikmin cover sleeve that Japan got.

WYRs4l.jpg

I HATE that they still have the stupid DS card+Stylus case as a reward, but not the infinitely superior 18 card case.

I do not need extra styluses for my DS/3DS, nor will I ever need a separate case JUST for my styluses. The systems have a BUILT IN slot for them!

skip

Same thing for me with my used copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening. I bet it's just glitchy. If it doesn't carry over in like a week or so, I'll just send over an email.

Yeah, I registered my 3DSXL today and didn't get the credit applied. Must be a widespread thing.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. That's what I did recently but it's not showing right now. Maybe they are having a technical problem or whatsoever.
Same here. Only filled the ones that expire tomorrow or in 2 days, and I was scared I'd lost 45 coins due to the new year's Gold counter not updating.

Let's hope this happens:
Same thing happened last year, it'll update eventually.

The first person to write a haiku about Rick Rude wins their choice of either a Super Punch-Out, Donkey Kong or Aura Aura Climber download code for the 3DS.

For reference, this is Rick Rude:

rude2.jpg

Shoyz

Weakest game downloads yet..I wish they'd start offering 3DSWare instead of gameboy games and DSIware month after month.

tenchir

Just registered the majority of my codes. I have 520 coins for this year, I am saving up 3 codes left to push it over. I got the same bug as you guys where it is still currently displaying 2013 Gold Status.

Top Bottom