• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Atlus has confirmed via e-mail that Shin Megami Tensei 4 will have a Club Nintendo code included with it.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I think he meant it's cruel that it's not the actual reward :p

Exactly! I loved the cradle for my original 3DS and I'd like to have one for my 3DSXL, but no way I'm paying $20 + shipping for this... :(

The cradle for the WiiU gamepad was also horribly overpriced, but I managed to find one on clearance somewhere for $5. Now that's better!

Jessicat

Atlus has confirmed via e-mail that Shin Megami Tensei 4 will have a Club Nintendo code included with it.
Both the physical version and the download one? Because Soul Hackers had a code for the download version only, I got the physical version and ain't buying the same game twice :/

Bii

Reached Platinum and still have 15+ 3DS games and a few Wii games left unregistered. Not sure if I should save them for next Club Nintendo year or just register them now. Though, I'm pretty sure I can easily reach Platinum each year due to the number of new Nintendo games I purchase.

Apparently Club Nintendo was hacked. From Rich George of IGN:

BtSh1oY.png

TNtWs7X.png

womp

OK, so...I just changed my password with the whole hacking thing (no email or anything, just seemed like the right thing to do) and got 20 coins after it saved and refreshed. WTF?

I haven't done any surveys or registrations since Monday. My current gold status went from 90 coins needed to 70 (975 to 995 coins total) when I just changed my password. o_O

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
OMG I just checked my to-do history. I've let 550 coins worth of surveys expire since the expiration date change. ugh self-owned total.

I just got an email this afternoon about a new bonus survey.

Subject: Take our bonus survey and get Coins now.

Body: You were randomly selected from a group of members to take a bonus survey about Nintendo products. The survey is quick and easy. Plus, you'll receive 10 Coins when you complete the survey in your to-do list by 7/8/2013. Thank you for your support!

Note: I added an asterisk next to my responses, in case the survey questions are dynamic.

Do you know about the handheld gaming system, the Nintendo 3DS? (Not the Nintendo DS)

I know what kind of game system it is
I have heard the name but not much else
I don't know
* I have a Nintendo 3DS

Do you have a Nintendo DS (including DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL)?

* I have one, and I still play it
I have one, but don't play it anymore
I used to have one, but I don't have it anymore
I never had one

Do you know about the Animal Crossing series of games?

I have played at least one of these games
* I know what kind of games these are, but I never played them
I have heard of the name, but not much else
I don't know

How interested are you in the newest game in the Animal Crossing series?

Extremely interested
Very interested
Somewhat interested
Hard to say either way
Somewhat uninterested
* Very uninterested
Extremely uninterested

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is the newest game in the Animal Crossing series, which was released in June for the Nintendo 3DS. Do you know about this game?

* I know about what kind of game it is
I have heard the name, but not much else
I don't know
I already own the game

How interested are you in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the newest game in the Animal Crossing series? Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a Nintendo 3DS game.

Extremely interested
Very interested
Somewhat interested
Hard to say either way
Somewhat uninterested
* Very uninterested
Extremely uninterested

Have you seen or heard information, opinions, or screenshots about Animal Crossing: New Leaf within any of the following? Select all that apply.

Conversations with friends or family
E-mails or texts from friends or family
Facebook
Twitter
Tumblr
YouTube
* Blogs
None of the Above

How much do you want to buy Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the newest game in the Animal Crossing series? Select one. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a Nintendo 3DS game and the price is $34.99.

I really want to buy it
I very much want to buy it
I somewhat want to buy it
Hard to say either way
I somewhat don't want to buy it
I very much don't want to buy it
* I don't want to buy it at all

Why do you not want to buy Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the newest game in the Animal Crossing series? Please tell us in as much detail as possible.

Velcro Fly

Yep got a free 10 coins from Nintendo for that survey. It's weird because I was just about to register a ton of games including ACNL too. 10 coin head start on Platinum I guess!

I just got an email this afternoon about a new bonus survey.

Subject: Take our bonus survey and get Coins now.

Body: You were randomly selected from a group of members to take a bonus survey about Nintendo products. The survey is quick and easy. Plus, you'll receive 10 Coins when you complete the survey in your to-do list by 7/8/2013. Thank you for your support!

Note: I added an asterisk next to my responses, in case the survey questions are dynamic.

I was just about to post this, but then it turned out I got a completely different survey.

Opening Question was asking if I had a 3DS. Said yes, was like: You know this, I registered it. Then it asks how I get Nintendo news, and what of their Nintendo News do I watch like the trailers, nintendo direct, wrap up videos etc.

After that it got interesting. Turned into E3 questions, before it finally asked the question I was waiting for: "Do you know about Microsoft and Sony." Following that it asked if I heard of some Nintendo games that were coming out.

Bayoneta 2
DKCR Tropical
Mario Kart 8
Mario Land 3D
3DS Zelda
Zelda Wind Waker HD
Wii Party
Wonderful 101

Maybe one more was on there or something else, I think that was it. X wasn't on there, but then it asked me if I had heard about those games. Then it asked me which ones I was excited for. Then it wanted to know to why I was excited or not interested in them.

Finally it wrapped up with asking if I was going to buy an Xbox One, and then repeated the same question with Playstation 4. No explanation or reasoning as to why just the usual "extremely likely, extremely unlikely' type.

Yeah, I got the bonus survey for ACNL. They basically gave me 10 coins to tell them I think AC is crap.

EDIT: not trying to be internet tough guy or anything. I genuinely do not like AC. The wife enjoys it, but I tried with DS and Wii and it's just not my cup of tea coffee.

Palehorse

My bonus survey was about the Wii U, Nintendo games and if I was going to buy an xbone/ps4. I said no to the bone and yes to the four.

10 points,....on my way to platinum, wooo!!

Thanks for the heads up on the bonus survey. Didn't get an e-mail but checked to see if I had it and I did. It was weird because they were asking why I hadn't bought a 3DS even though I clearly registered one.

ngower

Last year's CN rewards were revealed on July 6th. Surely the announcement is coming any day now? Hurry up and disappoint me, Nintendo!

Pikma

Banned
So I forgot about the deadline and didn't got around to registering the last 170 coins in codes I needed, WTF's wrong with me. At least now I decided to it and I'm already platinum for 2014

I find it funny that the caption for Star Fox 64 is "Do a barrel roll!" Glad to see Nintendo recognize these sort of things lol.

Anyways, I'm excited to know what prizes platinum members have in store. I'm seriously kicking myself over missing that Luigi's Mansion poster last year.

Sushigod7

Last year's CN rewards were revealed on July 6th. Surely the announcement is coming any day now? Hurry up and disappoint me, Nintendo!

I know I'm so excited, then I remember the shit we've got years past and then I'm depressed. Hey it's been low key items the last few years maybe we'll get a statue again I love my Mario characters statue. I'd like a Mario Kart trophy.

Under the "Coins and Status" tab in "Account and Coins", the Elite Status History section now has entries for 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. Maybe someone realized it was too much work to add a category every year and they just got ahead of themselves. Maybe now we can forward earned coins to future years' elite status. Maybe I'm a dreamer.

zroid

Banned
Maybe now we can forward earned coins to future years' elite status. Maybe I'm a dreamer.

ahahahhahaha

I think it's a good idea, though. Here's my suggestion: Nintendo should allow coin-forwarding, but increase the gold level to 400, and platinum to 800. The way things are now, they're probably missing out on a lot of timely survey data thanks to people hoarding their codes for months or years. It would benefit them in the long-run, in my opinion.

Lasdrub

As long as I can download something fun that I don't already own, I will be happy with the rewards this year. Last year I got a Donkey Kong vs Minis game and I was happy with that.

Top Bottom