• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

isny

napkin dispenser
I packed my pin set away in a huge box the other day to put in storage since I'm moving soon. I don't expect to see it again for another ten years, and don't expect it to be any more awesome or worth anything more then either, lol

zigg

The way things are now, they're probably missing out on a lot of timely survey data thanks to people hoarding their codes for months or years. It would benefit them in the long-run, in my opinion.
They've already "solved" this problem by no longer having surveys that expire in five years. Use 'em or lose 'em.

I packed my pin set away in a huge box the other day to put in storage since I'm moving soon. I don't expect to see it again for another ten years, and don't expect it to be any more awesome or worth anything more then either, lol
When I got mine, it got smashed up because it was just packed in a bubble envelope… I sent it back to NOA for a replacement, but they never did anything with it and I never followed up until it was far too late. I kind of miss mine! I would've probably mounted the boxes on the wall or something.

zroid

Banned
They've already "solved" this problem by no longer having surveys that expire in five years. Use 'em or lose 'em.

that's only true for digital downloads and post play surveys, though

hoarding codes is still totally viable

Refyref

So I just got my 3DS in the mail. I want to set my 3DS to Canada in order to be able to buy from the eShop with a non-American CC. I'm guessing I need a Canadian address to open a CN account that will work with that. How can I find a valid one?

Velcro Fly

Thinking about getting DK 94 for 100 coins but I've never used coins for CN games before. I've played the game back in the day when a friend let me borrow it. I have 575 coins plus another 50 from post play surveys. Plus SMT4 coming in a couple weeks.

I have a couple weeks to decide.

donny2112

They could just drop the coin value of a frame after a certain period of time

They did that last year, and it worked to cause people to register the games that were dropping and hold off on anything retaining full value or going up. Saving codes just consists of holding onto the registration code for a couple of years before putting it in now.

Codeblue

They did that last year, and it worked to cause people to register the games that were dropping and hold off on anything retaining full value or going up. Saving codes just consists of holding onto the registration code for a couple of years before putting it in now.

That would be totally screwing over anyone who bought at full price a year later though.

Edit: Also, not going to happen but I'd love if they just gave us a selection of soundtracks to choose from since we're not getting them as regular rewards.

I'd kill for this:

MRRp5Qc.jpg

or this:

ydMNTag.jpg

Nori Chan

So I got my first platinum status in 09 and then nothing after that lol

I recently bought a 3DS xl to get back to my favorite nintendo franchise and then I decided to register everything for club nintendo. I had about 30 surveys from before and such and with that, I have about 580 coins lol 20 away from platinum :(

I'm just curious to know what other 3DS games they have offered for 100 coins? I just got Donkey kong and I'm happy to see they are giving away somewhat free games. How often do they do that?

Jme

Mario Hat, Mario Statue, and Mario Pin Set... skipped 2012 in terms of club nintendo point gathering, did not regret missing that prize anyway...

This year hopefully wont suck for the physical gift... Fingers crossed.

Something like this would be cool
WjKtTlN.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would freakin' dig if the pillow was a prize, but that was from 2011, so who knows if they still have some left over/made more.

Just hope they announce the prize tomorrow.

Shoyz

Am I the only one that thinks the pillow looks awful? Those gray sides..
And what's the point of a pillow you can't lay on :(

zroid

Banned
Given the timing, it might be one of the prize's Japan got this year:
club_nintendo_platinum_japan_pikmin_tote_bag.jpg

It may seem like "just a dumb bag" but by virtue of it being something I would absolutely use (and that it looks really friggin' cool) I woul be more than okay with this.

On that note, has anyone actually played Nintendouji? Is it actually any fun at all?

multivac

Mario Hat, Mario Statue, and Mario Pin Set... skipped 2012 in terms of club nintendo point gathering, did not regret missing that prize anyway...

This year hopefully wont suck for the physical gift... Fingers crossed.

Something like this would be cool
WjKtTlN.jpg

Given the timing, it might be one of the prize's Japan got this year:
club_nintendo_platinum_japan_pikmin_tote_bag.jpg

I would LOVE either of these, which is why they won't happen. We've had pins and playing cards, no way we get anything this good :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Thinking about getting DK 94 for 100 coins but I've never used coins for CN games before. I've played the game back in the day when a friend let me borrow it. I have 575 coins plus another 50 from post play surveys. Plus SMT4 coming in a couple weeks.

I have a couple weeks to decide.

There's really nothing to decide here. DK94 is well worth it.

IrishNinja

thread's getting me hyped on the possibilities so i gotta bail now, haha

i guess the good news after last year's cards/posters is that nearly anything they offer this year could be better?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
That would be totally screwing over anyone who bought at full price a year later though.

Edit: Also, not going to happen but I'd love if they just gave us a selection of soundtracks to choose from since we're not getting them as regular rewards.

I'd kill for this:

MRRp5Qc.jpg

or this:

ydMNTag.jpg

God damn they really need to let us get some soundtracks with our coins :/

Socreges

Banned
So the awards are always memorabilia and such? As someone who has pretty much no interest in Nintendo products outside of their games, that's disappointing.

A 3DSXL case would be appreciated, though.

Frolow

Banned
So the awards are always memorabilia and such? As someone who has pretty much no interest in Nintendo products outside of their games, that's disappointing.

A 3DSXL case would be appreciated, though.
They've given out some Virtual Console titles for last year's rewards.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a highly Platinum member that doesn't live in US, so DD games prizes is the only option for me =(
This is why I didn't complete the surveys that would have made me reach (or get pretty close to) Platinum. I'm saving them for this next year.

Top Bottom