• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

KarmaCow

Maybe I jumped the gun a little bit. I don't even know if SMT4 is good.
I was just surprised to see Club Nintendo US actually have a promotion after missing out on the last couple.

The impressions in the JP thread made it seem pretty good. Theres a lopsided difficulty curve and some shitty DLC stuff but overall worth it.

Skelter

Banned
It's in the eShop.
rsDndanl.jpg

Holy damn. I'm buying it digitally now since Dream Team is out next month.

cacildo

Its on the canadian eshop.

But 90$ is too much for me right now. Besides, i have a lot to play at the moment (animal crossing)

Lucent

I think it is a pretty safe assumption that you need to buy both games to get the credit. I'm going go guess that both digital and retail work as all they will be looking for is if they are registered to your account.

I've already got fire emblem so if this was true I'd be set after I get SMTIV =D

Alec

I can't imagine that this will retroactively apply to those who already bought Fire Emblem. If so, I will be pleasantly surprised by the pro-consumerism.

Lucent

I can't imagine that this will retroactively apply to those who already bought Fire Emblem. If so, I will be pleasantly surprised by the pro-consumerism.

Well I'm crossing my fingers. I don't see how hard it is for it to detect that you have it registered on your account.

bumpkin

If they did make it retroactive and included retail, I'd probably buy SMT to get the promo credit (already bought and reg'ed FE at retail).

Alec

Well I'm crossing my fingers. I don't see how hard it is for it to detect that you have it registered on your account.

Oh I'm sure it would be super easy for them. The question is whether or not they want to keep the money that you already gave them (the 'early-adopter' fee, you could call it).

But yeah, I hope it works out for everyone.

LostAnkh

Just shot Ninty an email for clarifications. Hopefully the offer doesn't miff those who bought FE earlier.

Edit: eShop is undergoing maintenance.

Mupod

Yeah I was gonna check for myself but eshop is down right now.

I got the physical version of FE:A on release and I'm doing the same for SMT4, so in the likely scenario that it's digital-only or not retroactive then it's meaningless to me. But 30 bucks for nothing would be nice for sure.

Also on the subject of SMT4, it'd be really stupid if it was $50 on the eshop. Wasn't their reasoning for the price tag the large cart size and all the extra crap it comes with in the retail box?

Refyref

Yeah I was gonna check for myself but eshop is down right now.

I got the physical version of FE:A on release and I'm doing the same for SMT4, so in the likely scenario that it's digital-only or not retroactive then it's meaningless to me. But 30 bucks for nothing would be nice for sure.

Also on the subject of SMT4, it'd be really stupid if it was $50 on the eshop. Wasn't their reasoning for the price tag the large cart size and all the extra crap it comes with in the retail box?

50$ is the eShop price of it, and they never gave a reason for the premium price tag.

Javier

If retail works for the SMTxFE promo then that would be amazing. I have FE:A but haven't used the code yet, and I'm planning to buy SMT4 this month.

zroid

Banned
Weird to see all these bundling discounts on the eShop. You don't really even see that kind of promotion on PSN.

If retail works for the SMTxFE promo then that would be amazing. I have FE:A but haven't used the code yet, and I'm planning to buy SMT4 this month.

Same situation here. That would be fucking amazing if retail qualifies. The best part is I have SMT4 pre-ordered for a meagre $33 thanks to E3 dealz.

If it's $50 on the eShop then it's certainly to keep retailers happy since Atlus can't afford to undercut retailers - maybe in the short term but in the long run it'd kill them. :/

suikodan

I already have FE so I hope it will count somehow.
I expect to physically receive SMT4 next week but I'd trade for a digital version and 30$ credit :D

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Platinum: vacations on a cruise ship with Iwata and Miyamoto
Gold: leftover calendars from 2012

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Why are they taking so long? I wanna be disappointed already.

Shoyz

No matter what the $30 promo is digital-only I assume?

I guess it's a pittance for those who, for some reason, buy SMT:IV for $50 digital.

Remember, guys, this is a Club Nintendo promotion. That means that this is probably a "Register two CN codes and get a $30 voucher" deal. We'll see, but I won't be surprised if I'm right.

I am honestly baffled that anybody thinks it will be $30 per game. It's be: buy both (physical or digital) and get $30 in eShop credit.

I'm expecting nothing special from the Club Nintendo rewards. Maybe an eShop voucher for $10 if we're lucky.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
No matter what the $30 promo is digital-only I assume?

I guess it's a pittance for those who, for some reason, buy SMT:IV for $50 digital.

no offense, but your two singular statements make NO SENSE when combined. if anything, the fact that both versions (digital and retail) are $50 leads one more to believe that it IS physical or digital.

my honest belief is that this will unquestionably be digital AND physical. the only real question that exists is: what is the buying time line for FE:A? If people who bought it at release are screwed, that would kind of stink.

I bet Platinum will be all their extra Year of the Luigi coins that they made.

I actually got one in a 4-person draw at the Best Buy event, one of the others gave me a ticket when they weren't giving out anymore, I even offered a toonie ($2) as my way of saying thanks (he kindly didn't accept). :)

no offense, but your two singular statements make NO SENSE when combined. if anything, the fact that both versions (digital and retail) are $50 leads one more to believe that it IS physical or digital.

my honest belief is that this will unquestionably be digital AND physical. the only real question that exists is: what is the buying time line for FE:A? If people who bought it at release are screwed, that would kind of stink.

I think the poster means that Nintendo is offering this to people who decide to go digital since they won't get all the cool extras in the box copy.

zroid

Banned
Remember, guys, this is a Club Nintendo promotion. That means that this is probably a "Register two CN codes and get a $30 voucher" deal. We'll see, but I won't be surprised if I'm right.

It's the Club Nintendo element which leads me to believe this might be true, but just in light of how unbelievably good the deal is it if includes retail, I'm skeptical. Besides, there have been Club Nintendo promotions for digital purchases before. The Donkey Kong one, for example.

Jarsonot

Dangit, just caved and got Donkey Kong for 100 coins, and can't redeem because of maintenance!

This is really putting the brakes on my impulse decision. =(

Don't ya hate it when you finally decide to get something and then can't for some reason? Store's closed, out of stock... Maintenance.

Top Bottom