• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Frolow

Banned
The longer we wait, the better the prizes will be!

images

Believe.

LostAnkh

There's a Club Nintendo limited time offer in the eShop for Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei IV, get $30 in credit.

It's saying to see the game page for details, but I'm not seeing anything different.

There's a Club Nintendo limited time offer in the eShop for Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei IV, get $30 in credit.

It's saying to see the game page for details, but I'm not seeing anything different.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

Sounds like something.

I don't think I could cancel my SMTIV retail order for digital. That box looks so sexy.

Jme

So the awards are always memorabilia and such? As someone who has pretty much no interest in Nintendo products outside of their games, that's disappointing.

A 3DSXL case would be appreciated, though.

Yeah, I have both the Mario and Luigi hat cases for 3ds but my 3dsxl wont fit in them so they are just pinned to my wall...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Checked on my 3DS & yup, I see it as well, on the front page a few tabs over. I would totally be motivated to get FE:A digital if I get $30 back.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm not seeing any mention of it on Nintendo's site anywhere, even on the FE:A game page. I feel like waiting until Thursday or whenever Nintendo officially announces it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Not available in Canada? Not surprised in the least. :(

Anustart

I don't get this :( Nintendo knows full and well when the Club Nintendo year is up, that damn prize should be revealed every year on July 1st :/

Cbajd5

I'm guessing you have to buy/own both to get the $30 credit.

It's like there's going to be a cross over game or something...

LostAnkh

I'm guessing you have to buy/own both to get the $30 credit.

It's like there's going to be a cross over game or something...
That's probably the "cool" announcement Atlus is going to reveal.

I would get SMT4 digitally but... damn that packaging...
Same here, already pre-ordered on Amazon. Thank god that they're going to have it arrive on release, I'd hate to drive up to Lamestop to get it. And that lame medieval armor.

Cbajd5

That's probably the "cool" announcement Atlus is going to reveal.

I hope you mean the $30 if you buy both thing since we already know about the crossover game. It would be silly for them to announce it again.

But this is a pretty good idea for getting more people to buy both, which will get interest for the crossover game, which will get interest for the Wii U, which no one will buy because it has no games they're interested in.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Most likely, yes. & yeah, this could be the "very cool announcement related to SMTIV in a few days" that Atlus was teasing on Twitter.

Actually, damn, it never occurred to me you might have to buy both games to get the $30 credit. That kind of makes more sense. Get $90 of eShop games, get 1/3 of it back.

LostAnkh

I hope you mean the $30 if you buy both thing since we already know about the crossover game. It would be silly for them to announce it again.

But this is a pretty good idea for getting more people to buy both, which will get interest for the crossover game, which will get interest for the Wii U, which no one will buy because it has no games they're interested in.
It's more of "get the audience acquainted with the characters and games", and reveal more about this cross over game.

Actually, damn, it never occurred to me you might have to buy both games to get the $30 credit. That kind of makes more sense. Get $90 of eShop games, get 1/3 of it back.
Same, but it's still a good deal regardless if you don't have those titles.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
great deal and I don't own either.. but damn the physical version of SMTIV is too good to pass up.. :(

Hopefully they still give you the credit for the physical version.

Velcro Fly

The picture on the eShop does show the physical boxes so who knows.

If we do get the credit for physical I'd probably end up buying DLC anyway.

Chairhome

The picture on the eShop does show the physical boxes so who knows.

If we do get the credit for physical I'd probably end up buying DLC anyway.

It would be pretty cool if physical worked, too, cause I have no intention of buying SMT IV, but would if it gave me $30 back (I already have FE)

RoadDogg

I think it is a pretty safe assumption that you need to buy both games to get the credit. I'm going go guess that both digital and retail work as all they will be looking for is if they are registered to your account.

I hope physical works, that'd be amazing. But I'll be upset if i'ts like the 3DS XL promotion where you have register them after a certain date, because I registered Fire Emblem just a few days ago.

LostAnkh

YO WHAT. bought.
WAT
You gotta wait till this stuff gets clarified.

So far, it seems like you have to get both games and if you have a Club Nintendo account, you will get $30 in credit.

Assuming the credit will only apply for 3DS? Not Wii U?
Can someone clarify this for me?

corn_fest

Maybe I jumped the gun a little bit. I don't even know if SMT4 is good.
I was just surprised to see Club Nintendo US actually have a promotion after missing out on the last couple.

Top Bottom