• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

isny

napkin dispenser
Alright, I think I'm gonna go for the cards. Posters can't cost too much on eBay... right?

Now I need to ebay the poster and that Mario pillow :(

The last set of Club Nintendo Zelda posters go for $30-$50 on ebay for the set of three. I'm hoping to get at least $50 for these as they'll be even rarer.

zroid

Banned
You and I both, brother. I wouldn't be complaining right now if the Platinum Reward was an OST Collection of Kid Icarus Uprising, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Or Xenoblade Chronicles.

If you were complaining after that, I'd have to bonk you right on the head!

zroid

Banned
Soundtracks would be perfect for this type of reward. Even if they want to cheap out and use digital distribution I'd be all for it.

I keep saying this, I don't understand why they don't do the soundtrack thing. They have to be among the cheapest things to manufacture, right?

And it's clear there is a ridiculously high demand for soundtracks. It doesn't make sense.

Drago

The last set of Club Nintendo Zelda posters go for $30-$50 on ebay for the set of three. I'm hoping to get at least $50 for these as they'll be even rarer.
$50 for the three wouldn't be too bad. If someone is selling the posters individually I'd pay up to $30 for the Kid Icarus one.

;)

Do platinum prizes go up in value over time (Japanese ones)? Don't want to get the Mario pillow just yet and the $60 price isn't that awful.

Alchemy

I keep saying this, I don't understand why they don't do the soundtrack thing. They have to be among the cheapest things to manufacture, right?

And it's clear there is a ridiculously high demand for soundtracks. It doesn't make sense.

Digital soundtracks would be cheap as dirt, and I imagine that the CD cases and any inserts would be more expensive than the actual CD nowadays.

Hero

If you were complaining after that, I'd have to bonk you right on the head!

I'm not unreasonable, I don't want or expect a Wii U made of real platinum or some shit. Nintendo is definitely more than capable of providing really good rewards that aren't that expensive either. Soundtracks would be really awesome and easy/cheap for them to do even if they were digital. I personally would've liked a matching gold nunchuk for the Skyward Sword remote I have and I don't think that's really being unreasonable.

Sora_N

Not interested in either, deciding if I give a damn about playing cards or not. I might just get the posters to resell though.

I must be missing something. I'm only being offered the Playing Cards as my Platinum gift, are the poster sets for another region or something? Gold gift is just the desk calendar.

Not that it matters, free is free, and the cards look pretty nice, just curious about the poster set i see lots of folks pondering :)

I wish we got the Kid Icarus Uprising soundtrack.
Saaaaaaaame here! I just ordered it off eBay a few weeks ago but I'd be so stoked if Nintendo made soundtracks available in NA. Sell them, make them a Club N reward, I don't care! Just bring em out here please! I'm starting to covet the FE Awakening soundtrack that's offered by Club Nintendo Japan.

Drago

Oh lol I didn't even get platinum. I had 590...

sigh
You aren't missing much :p

I sorta wish I got Gold so I could force myself to get Metroid 2. It's the only 3DS download title that could show up that I'd want (DSiWare excepted).

The fact it hasn't shown up before this makes me hopeful that it shows up regularly soon.

Lucent

I really wish I could see a video of these so I can see which one I really want better. The posters looks pretty awesome. I don't really care much for cards. Hmm...

Levyne

Banned
You aren't missing much :p

I sorta wish I got Gold so I could force myself to get Metroid 2. It's the only 3DS download title that could show up that I'd want (DSiWare excepted).

The fact it hasn't shown up before this makes me hopeful that it shows up regularly soon.

I thought I had Plat because I thought I got 600 coins each of the last 2 years but I actually had 610 and 590

I will probably get the calendar but do you guys think if I get a code for MM that I could get it via the Wii U? (Don't have a Wii)

RoylAsult

How come when I check the prizes only the cards come up? Is it because I'm looking this up on my phone? I don't currently have access to a computer for a few days

japan got the mario pillow, and europe got a translated mother 3.

So mean.

idlethreats said:
Saaaaaaaame here! I just ordered it off eBay a few weeks ago but I'd be so stoked if Nintendo made soundtracks available in NA. Sell them, make them a Club N reward, I don't care! Just bring em out here please! I'm starting to covet the FE Awakening soundtrack that's offered by Club Nintendo Japan.

How much is it going for? I kept hanging on to my coins in case it ever made it here, but I'm guessing it won't :(

I still can't decide between the cards and posters.

Vidiot

Went with the cards. The Zelda poster is nice but it's too similar to the 25th anniversary set that Club Nintendo was offering before and honestly I like the purple one better.

dtekdahl00

Neo Member
japan got the mario pillow, and europe got a translated mother 3.

Japan did not get the mario pillow. They got the mario hat we got several years ago or the Game and Watch Ball that we've had as a prize for ages. Check their page.

After realizing sarcasm:...I'm leaving this up for informative purposes anyways.

zroid

Banned
I personally would've liked a matching gold nunchuk for the Skyward Sword remote I have and I don't think that's really being unreasonable.

Of course not. :)

I don't think it's too much to ask for a Platinum reward that isn't a reskinned version of rewards that are already available on the site.

If that's how much they value the Elite program, then it really might as well be scrapped, and just let us buy this stuff with regular coins. Maybe unilaterally decrease the price of rewards to compensate.

Vidiot

I was dumb to hope for Hyrule Historia. :( At least I found one on Ebay for only $63 after shipping! :D They have good feedback too so nothing to worry about. I told myself I'd wait until after this years prize was announced before ordering the Japanese one in the hopes we'd have a English version announced by now.

sikkinixx

Fucking Nintendo. What shit prizes this year. Why not just give everyone the DD games, since it's not like it even costs them anything anyway?

Playing cards it is. To go in the drawer with the pin set. *grumble*

Depends how many people tell Nintendo their posters were damaged and get sent a second set.

lol.

Ill say they are really good with this....almost too good.
My giant AR card came creased (not the center) so I called and they shipped another one no questions asked.
Which also came creased but i wasn't about to cry again

RoylAsult

I like how the description doesn't say. It's like they don't care.

Yeah kinda annoying but I notices is says they won't ship till December, I'm moving in August is there a way to change my address for that order? If I change it on the main site will it update the orders address as well?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny...Every year when the platinum prize is announced I think "Meh...That kind of sucks but I guess I'll redeem it" but when I see it in person I'm always impressed with the whole package. Hope the playing cards carry on the tradition!

Yeah kinda annoying but I notices is says they won't ship till December, I'm moving in August is there a way to change my address for that order? If I change it on the main site will it update the orders address as well?

I think as long as you change your address before the order ships (I'd do it as soon as you have your new address) you'd be fine. I moved into this house just after the platinum prize was announced last year and got my order without a problem.

Top Bottom