• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

backlot

Yeah kinda annoying but I notices is says they won't ship till December, I'm moving in August is there a way to change my address for that order? If I change it on the main site will it update the orders address as well?

It asks you for a shipping address after you redeem it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I think I'll just get Metroid II. I don't feel like asking someone to pick the cards up and send them for me, haha. Not worth it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Guess I'll get the cards :( I really wanted the pillow.

Figures that the one year I got platinum, it's possibly one of the worst prizes yet (I know last year wasn't great either).

I'm guessing that due to the Ambassador program, and the introduction of 3rd party games coming with friend codes, that so many people achieved platinum this year. Therefore, they wanted to make the gift really inexpensive ...

jgkspsx

For what it takes to get these prizes that's not much of a return.
Oh, I dunno, I acquired a lot of free coins last year. If I had dumped all my coins on these, I could have converted it to $150 in cash. That's a lot higher than I get back from any other reward program.

Link0080

Got the posters, fucking love posters. Only got it for the Skyward Sword poster but the others are nice. Now I will have 9 posters from Club Nintendo, I really need to get some frames for these, anyone have a good place to order some online?

Got the posters, fucking love posters. Only got it for the Skyward Sword poster but the others are nice. Now I will have 9 posters from Club Nintendo, I really need to get some frames for these, anyone have a good place to order some online?

Most of them measure 22" x 28" but the "History of.." posters are 16.5" x 28.7".

I drove to my local Wal-Mart and grabbed these. I even did the same for the History of Zelda poster; I simply left the solid black insert in as a sort of border. Worked quite well!

...I'm moving in August is there a way to change my address for that order? If I change it on the main site will it update the orders address as well?
Yes. I was in the same situation last year. I had redeemed my prize (the pins) and between July and later that year when they shipped, I had moved.

When I moved in October and had my new address, I was easily able to go to my profile and change it. Just remember to change it before they ship and you'll be fine.

Link0080

Most of them measure 22" x 28" but the "History of.." posters are 16.5" x 28.7".

I drove to my local Wal-Mart and grabbed these. I even did the same for the History of Zelda poster; I simply left the solid black insert in as a sort of border. Worked quite well!

This looks good, I'm going to order a few, thanks!

Well I got the posters. Still can't believe how mad everyone one is over free posters/cards/calendar/games.

But I guess no matter what, I will be satisfied since I would like to have the calendar...actually kinda bummed about that. I've wanted to get a calendar every year but the platinum prize is always just a little bit better. *sigh* maybe next year...got a Vampire Diaries Calendar this year for $10 on amazon and I want a calendar every year so I wonder what this years calendar will be now that its not Nintendo....

Also got the Handheld cards. Been wanting them for awhile so I finally bit the bullet bill. Still have 200 coins incase some good downloadable game that I don't own and doesn't cost $2 comes along.

Gartooth

Well I got the posters. Still can't belive how mad everyone one is over free posters/cards/calendar/games.

But I guess no matter what, I will be satisfied since I would like to have the calendar...actually kinda bummed about that. I've wanted to get a calendar every year but the platinum prize is always just a luttle bit better. *sigh* maybe next year...got a Vampire Diaries Calendar this year for $10 on amazon and I want a calendar every year so I wonder what this years calendar will be now that its not Nintendo....

Also got the Handheld cards. Been wanting them for awhile so I finally bit the bullet bill. Still have 200 coins incase some good downloadable game that I don't own and doesn't cost $2 comes along.

Honestly I like the rewards this year better than last year's pin set. (although on my end because I live in a college dorm during the school year, I will make good use of both posters and playing cards.)

I decided to pick the cards though, mostly because I see more value in Mario themed playing cards than I do posters.

M-PG71C

Yeah, last year's reward kind of sucked really. The pins were nice but I had no real use for them. The Mario playing cards, however, I can see me using them in a big way.

As much as I want the Kid Icarus poster, I ordered the cards. Won't use them, but whatever

But until NoA gets off their lazy asses and puts KIU AR Cards up as CN gifts, I'm done redeeming games for coins

isny

napkin dispenser
It's funny...Every year when the platinum prize is announced I think "Meh...That kind of sucks but I guess I'll redeem it" but when I see it in person I'm always impressed with the whole package.

Not me. When I saw the pins in Super Potato in Tokyo last year prior to them shipping them out to N/A members I was kind of bummed, and was just as bummed when I got them in my hands a few months later They're the type of cheapo thing you get given to you at a small anime convention. I've gotten better swag at Comic Con type conventions =/

I think I'll just get Metroid II. I don't feel like asking someone to pick the cards up and send them for me, haha. Not worth it.

I've still yet to get Metroid II. I may bite when I can use coins on it, but I'm really holding out for a remake. Nintendo not remaking this is one of the many stupid decisions they have made over the years.

zroid

Banned
Not me. When I saw the pins in Super Potato in Tokyo last year prior to them shipping them out to N/A members I was kind of bummed, and was just as bummed when I got them in my hands a few months later They're the type of cheapo thing you get given to you at a small anime convention. I've gotten better swag at Comic Con type conventions =/

On their own, perhaps, but certainly not with that presentation. Rotating boxes revealing images? Pins arranged logically according to SMB? That's so cool!

I'm proud to have the whole set on display; equally proud to have never removed the buttons themselves from their packaging.

isny

napkin dispenser
On their own, perhaps, but certainly not with that presentation. Rotating boxes revealing images? Pins arranged logically according to SMB? That's so cool!

I'm proud to have the whole set on display; equally proud to have never removed the buttons themselves from their packaging.

As a recent example, look at what was given to attendees at E3 this year. This is just one of many pieces of swag that was given to them for free.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...U6Am2I1pd02BqqnA5EyoM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I'd much rather have something cool and unique like that instead of posters or playing cards. I already have limited edition Mario playing cards that I purchased, and they've already made playing cards available through Club Nintendo for points. Ditto with the posters, similar ones have been made available for points. (And also, how many adults are really going to put a video game poster up somewhere in their home?)

The pins, yes are in a unique box, but are still not something of real value and not really practical. Not like a Mario Hat or Statue which can easily be displayed and are a lot more classy than hanging a Zelda poster on your wall or putting a cheap cardboard box with pins on your bookcase.

zroid

Banned
Yeah I agree about the cards and posters. But the pins are pretty damn awesome, imo. Whether it "looks" cheap or not is besides the point, I think. The package as a whole is unique.

I have also warmed on the cards to be fair, since the revelation they are plastic and not "card". My only problem with them at this point is it's difficult to display playing cards and I'm not going to use them either. So it'll be a nice trinket but nothing more.

---

Unrelated, but at least one good thing did come from this. We officially have a physical Platinum reward now that isn't Mario-themed. I almost feel bad for redeeming the cards; if a lot of people get the posters maybe they'll have something Zelda-themed next year. Or... (gasp) Kid Icarus-themed!

Drago

Unrelated, but at least one good thing did come from this. We officially have a physical Platinum reward now that isn't Mario-themed. I almost feel bad for redeeming the cards; if a lot of people get the posters maybe they'll have something Zelda-themed next year. Or... (gasp) Kid Icarus-themed!
Posters aren't going to lead to new series having physical prizes next year :lol

It would be really nice but I doubt it will ever happen. Club Nintendo NA is largely Mario, as unfortunate as that is

zroid

Banned
Posters aren't going to lead to new series having physical prizes next year :lol

It would be really nice but I doubt it will ever happen. Club Nintendo NA is largely Mario, as unfortunate as that is

Gotta dream, mang. I GOTTA

edit: I just realized how me and you are quickly on our way to the top posts in this thread again, lol

craaaaaaaaaaaap
refuse to make another new post

isny

napkin dispenser
I have also warmed on the cards to be fair, since the revelation that were plastic and not "card". My only problem with them at this point is it's difficult to display playing cards and I'm not going to use them either. So it'll be a nice trinket but nothing more.

That's the problem I have. I have a lot of "trinket" items that are sitting around collecting dust. I already spent $25 on a set of OOP Mario playing cards from Japan over two years ago and have yet to open them and use them once. The last thing I need is another set.

Something like the Mario statue from a few years ago, or a Zelda statue, or even something like those Epic Mickey earhats, are all things that will actually get more use, and are easier to display/more functional. Even a CD soundtrack would get more use, as I would at least rip it and throw the files on my ipod and listen to them every once in awhile.

edit: I just realized how me and you are quickly on our way to the top posts in this thread again, lol

I was going to pick the posters as my gift and when I clicked on it, it asked me to log in again (I was on the page a while) and now I only have the gifts from last year to pick from, the pins and the calendar. :\ WTF.

This is what I'm seeing. Just to show you guys.

l5ipt.jpg

Top Bottom