• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

backlot

How did you navigate here?

Link works and I can see the same gifts as you though. Anyone redeem their DD gifts yet?

I could only get to the prizes through that link and it won't let me redeem it yet. Seems like the website is having some problems.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
c4kfJ.png

:(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When I try to redeem I get..

Your Elite Status reward has already been redeemed.

WAT

Definitely hope I don't have to jump through hoops to get the prize post-maintenance.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If you bitch about the rewards, they'll give you access.

And it's still up for me. Really contemplating not redeeming a prize.
I'm not big in Twitter like you.

Redeem it and give it to me so I have two sets of cards.

Alchemy

If you bitch about the rewards, they'll give you access.

And it's still up for me. Really contemplating not redeeming a prize.

Yeah. Yeaaaaaaaaaaah. I think I will eventually just order the damn cards, leave them in the packaging and shove them on top of a shelf out of sight like I did with the pins.

Nairume

Banned
When I try to redeem I get..

Your Elite Status reward has already been redeemed.

WAT

Definitely hope I don't have to jump through hoops to get the prize post-maintenance.
You might want to check your mail. They gave me the whole maintenance thing, but still sent a confirmation e-mail after a few minutes.

Metroid II hasn't been a free reward yet, right? That and Majora look like a good deal for gold, at least.

EYEL1NER

I like the way the cards look but they will just sit in a drawer somewhere. Two of the posters are kind of cool but they will just sit in a closet while I dream about having a house with a game room.

Drago

You might want to check your mail. They gave me the whole maintenance thing, but still sent a confirmation e-mail after a few minutes.

Metroid II hasn't been a free reward yet, right? That and Majora look like a good deal for gold, at least.
All games have already been offered, Metroid 2 aside. Hopefully it goes up regularly soon, I don't have it yet :/

But then I would be redeeming a prize
:(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Nothing yet.

And I don't own a Wii so Majora's Mask would be of no use to me.

EktorPR

I really don't get it. I swear I'd reached Gold status about a month ago, way before the end of the year... And now there's no sign of it anywhere on my "Coins & Status" page. I reached 300 coins! :(

backlot

I really don't get it. I swear I'd reached Gold status about a month ago, way before the end of the year... And now there's no sign of it anywhere on my "Coins & Status" page. I reached 300 coins! :(

Are you looking at the 2012 elite status or the 2013? The current prizes going up are for 2012.

Goretrail

I liked the pins better... totally dissapointed this year. Was really hoping for the pillow. If I didn't already have plat status for 2013 I dunno that I would bother, those surveys get old quick. still wanna grab those washcloths tho...

EktorPR

Are you looking at the 2012 elite status or the 2013? The current prizes going up are for 2012.

Okay, now I'm a bit confused.

I thought the 2012 Club Nintendo year ended June 30th of 2012... If I reached Gold status about a month ago, I'm supposed to be eligible, right? Am I understanding this correctly?

The entire Club Nintendo site is now down for maintenance for me, whether I try to access it directly or through Wario's links on the last page.

I thought the 2012 Club Nintendo year ended June 30th of 2012... If I reached Gold status about a month ago, I'm supposed to be eligible, right? Am I understanding this correctly?

Sounds correct to me.

backlot

If you are eligible for the prizes that were just announced today it would say so in the year marked in red:

QE3YO.png

AniHawk

man, those cards look really awesome, and better now that i know they're plastic. way better than the pin set.

wonder if there's anything special to the posters.

M-PG71C

Not bad, I'll use those cards for poker or some shit. Better than those fucking pins I never used and are still sealed somewhere around here.

I remember the days of no Club Nintendo and when you registered a game, you got a damn screensaver. A digital title beats the fuck out of a calendar. The platinum prize isn't shabby at all. No Mario statue but its pretty solid.

EktorPR

If you are eligible for the prizes that were just announced today it would say so in the year marked in red:

QE3YO.png

That's the thing. I remember being notified (and congratulated!) by Nintendo on achieving Gold status after hitting that 300 Coins checkpoint last month... I even ordered a cloth bag for my loved one's 3DS, which left me with about 50 Coins on the purse... And there's no sign today, no sign whatsoever, of my previously attained Gold status, and no way to claim my prize. :(

MarkusRJR

Are the prizes available yet? I've decided to get Majora's Mask. I've already bought it on my broken Wii (I had it replaced 2 times and it broke again, the GPU this time) and because I can't transfer it to my current Wii due to no accounts, this is better than me having to buy it with my own money.

backlot

That's the thing. I remember being notified (and congratulated!) by Nintendo on achieving Gold status after hitting that 300 Coins checkpoint last month... I even ordered a cloth bag for my loved one's 3DS, which left me with about 50 Coins on the purse... And there's no sign today, no sign whatsoever, of my previously attained Gold status, and no way to claim my prize. :(

Well no one can currently claim the prize yet. Seems like the whole site is down for maintenance now. If it is still saying that after the site comes back up I'd email customer service.

bluehat9

Well, if anyone is getting the posters to sell or just doesn't want the Luigi's Mansion one, I'd buy it for a few bucks.

TDLink

Are the prizes available yet? I've decided to get Majora's Mask. I've already bought it on my broken Wii (I had it replaced 2 times and it broke again, the GPU this time) and because I can't transfer it to my current Wii due to no accounts, this is better than me having to buy it with my own money.

Even without accounts you should be able to transfer your stuff if you call Nintendo/send it in. Though it obviously isn't optimal to do it at least you don't have to get shit again.

Oh, I forgot to mention this earlier: I was a little surprised to see that there wasn't anything Zelda-centric. There is the Skyward Sword poster along with the other two, but Mario has been the focus of the "main" platinum prize for three years running, INCLUDING the Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary year. Seems like a bit of an oversight.

Drago

Try contacting Nintendo Customer Support. They are really good about helping people out. They have helped me out many times before over many different subjects. I'm sure they can work something out...

MarkusRJR

Even without accounts you should be able to transfer your stuff if you call Nintendo/send it in. Though it obviously isn't optimal to do it at least you don't have to get shit again.
See, I would trust them if they didn't fuck up my older Wii when it got repaired. My GPU died on my launch Wii, so I sent it in. When I got it back the disc drive wouldn't read anything and the SD card slot wasn't aligned correctly (it was also coated in a black powder which took ages to get off). I sent it back and I eventually got another replacement, this one coated in scratches. I just don't trust Nintendo to not fuck up my new Wii in some fashion. I know my case is a rare one but it's still turned me off the idea of sending both Wii's to them.

EktorPR

Well no one can currently claim the prize yet. Seems like the whole site is down for maintenance now. If it is still saying that after the site comes back up I'd email customer service.

Drago said:
Try contacting Nintendo Customer Support. They are really good about helping people out. They have helped me out many times before over many different subjects. I'm sure they can work something out...

Thanks, guys. I'll check again once the site is up and if the status doesn't change, I'll contact customer support. :)

iphys

There was a bug that would tell you that you reached gold status when you had 300 coins in your account instead of 300 coins earned in the year. I had platinum status, and it congratulated me on reaching gold when I topped up to over 300 coins again. If you had coins left over from previous years, it might have mistakenly told you that you reached gold status when you hadn't. I would complain if they told you that you were gold and you weren't.

Drago

I see what you did there...
"your" instead of "you're"
Yeah, I caught him before an edit and called him out :p

So, should I get the cards or the posters? The cards look really cool and would be much better than pins, but I LOOOVE that Kid Icarus art and I have a perfect place to frame it. The other 2 posters I don't really care for.

Tunic

I think I will be choosing the playing cards. I have too many posters as it is right now. I was really hoping for the pillow though.

BooJoh

When the site is up, log in, go to Account & Coins, then Coin History or whatever, and look for the section backlot posted an image of that says Elite Status History. I'm guessing you have less than 300 coins for 2012.

Here's what's probably happening to you:

There has been a bug with the site for a while now, where every time your current coins reach 300 or 600 you will get the congratulatory screen for hitting Gold/Platinum. This screen should only be displayed when your yearly coins reach those numbers, but it has yet to be fixed.

So if you had, say, 200 coins leftover from 2011, then registered products in 2012 and hit 300 coins on your coin balance, it would congratulate you for making Gold, even though you would only have 100 coins for 2012 and would not, in fact, have Gold status for the year.

Top Bottom