• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Revven

I can't seem to access the page to redeem my gift. I keep getting a page that says I already redeemed the gift when... I didn't...

Help? Using Google Chrome if it matters.

Edit: nevermind, opened up IE and it worked fine. Redeemed Metroid II.

RetroGreg

This is what I'm seeing. Just to show you guys.

l5ipt.jpg

That's so strange. Maybe it will clear up overnight otherwise I guess you might have to call customer service.

(And also, how many adults are really going to put a video game poster up somewhere in their home?)
I'm curious as to why this seems to be an issue for some folks. I'm 27 and my partner is 34, and we've got both framed and unframed video game posters up in our living room (though eventually we'd like everything to be framed).

I'm curious as to why this seems to be an issue for some folks. I'm 27 and my partner is 34, and we've got both framed and unframed video game posters up in our living room (though eventually we'd like everything to be framed).
Same here--I'm 22 myself and yeah, I don't have any problem with it at all. It's my place--I'm going to decorate it the way I want. I'm not going to hide that I like playing video games, especially not in my home of all places, not that I see/understand the need for doing so.

In any case though, it would also help that the video game posters I'd consider putting up on my walls (if I had the money to waste on that kind of thing, which, being unemployed, I currently don't) are classy and are things people probably wouldn't recognize as being from video games unless they themselves played them anyway (especially the latter two here--unless you've actually played Earthbound/Chrono Trigger or otherwise are very familiar with them, no way you'd pick up on those being based on video games):
http://www.fangamer.net/products/chozaglyph-poster
http://www.fangamer.net/products/skyline-poster
http://www.fangamer.net/products/timewing-schematics

AniHawk

the special printing effect on the kid icarus and zelda one make me think there'll be some sort of shiny foil stuff to both. the luigi's mansion one, i have no clue. i'm really only interested in the skyward sword one.

but i really like those cards. i wish i had more info.

the special printing effect on the kid icarus and zelda one make me think there'll be some sort of shiny foil stuff to both. the luigi's mansion one, i have no clue. i'm really only interested in the skyward sword one.

I suppose you could also try calling Nintendo support and seeing if they know/can give more info about the prizes. Worth a shot, anyway. But yeah, would have been nice if the descriptions could have been more informative--they're really a bit lacking.

AniHawk

I suppose you could also try calling Nintendo support and seeing if they know/can give more info about the prizes. Worth a shot, anyway. But yeah, would have been nice if the descriptions could have been more informative--they're really a bit lacking.

yeah but then that would be me putting in effort to do things.

iphys

I half wonder if they haven't figured out the special effects themselves yet. Maybe they're waiting till they actually go to print them to see what looks good, or what effects they can afford to do might depend on the quantities ordered?

Wow, and to think my highest hope was to get a choice between the Mario pillow or some kind of Kirby plush item and we don't even get the pillow. Will definitely be importing that sucker. The two platinum choices are weak. The posters are bland and...yay, a deck of American cards to go next to my Hanafuda cards...I guess? The only choice of the games I don't already own in some form is MvsDK and I'm not a big fan of that series. As someone else said, it would've been more appropriate for Platinum members if we had gotten a pick of one of the prizes plus a download to distinguish between the Gold members a bit. Oh well, cards it is I guess. Only reason I'm picking them over a calendar is because they're not paper and have decent art. That said, CN has improved this year with a better site and especially the monthly download picks, just think more effort could've gone into these rewards. Pins and platinum PVC figure absolutely destroy these.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

The ghosts glow in the dark.

I'm making shit up again.

Reclaimer

Tempted by the cards...

But what if that Zelda poster is gold foiled!!?!???

Fuck. Nintendo is activating the post-troll trolling machine again.

SmithnCo

Ordered the posters. Kid Icarus and Luigi's Mansion <3

The prizes are kinda lackluster this year though. Hopefully the poster's special printing effects are cool.

Drago

Would I be able to contact Nintendo Customer Support if I wanted to change my prize?

My mind keeps going back and forth and I already got cards. :|

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The CN site seems to be showing that most/all 3DS Downloadable Games now have reg. surveys again. Could anyone check on that and see if you got a (late) reg. survey for the recent 3DS releases?

I had that same messed up page, and clicking the pin set took me to the card page where I could redeem it. My account says the cards have been ordered.

Hmm, I redeemed mine and got a confirmation email. But now I go on the page and they are offering me the rewards again. I wonder if I can pick something else and get both...

Davey Cakes

I probably wouldn't even get the gold nunchuk, but it'd be nice if it was there. Now, the golden classic controller, THAT is something I'd like to have. Or, better yet, the SNES/Super Famicom classic controller. I don't understand why we can't get anything like that in America.

Michan

If any platinum users don't want any of the prizes but would be happy sending on the cards in exchange for some $ (name your price), then please let me know by PM!

I probably wouldn't even get the gold nunchuk, but it'd be nice if it was there. Now, the golden classic controller, THAT is something I'd like to have. Or, better yet, the SNES/Super Famicom classic controller. I don't understand why we can't get anything like that in America.

Keep a look out for the Goldeneye bundle if you'd like the gold classic controller.

The CN site seems to be showing that most/all 3DS Downloadable Games now have reg. surveys again. Could anyone check on that and see if you got a (late) reg. survey for the recent 3DS releases?
I bought Bomb Monkey on release day, got a five coin registration survey on July 5th; bought Sakura Samurai last night and have a registration survey to complete this morning.

I just want to go on record as saying I'm looking forward to getting these cards and I'm in no way unhappy with this year's rewards.

The next reward in my sights are those Hanafuda cards, so these will make a nice addition to my little collection. And like I said before, it's not just the items themselves, but the way Nintendo packages them. I love these things.

WTF Nintendo really will disappoint me even further?

Why the hell does it show the stupid pin set? When you click on it, it shows playing cards.
Throw that picture away already.
I mean, I was going to get the cards anyway, but wow.

zigg

You know what I'm unhappy with?

Last year I got the pins, and the display boxes were banged up in shipping as they stuck them in a bubble envelope instead of a proper box, and they asked me to send them back&#8212;I did, and I never heard from them again, even when I asked again later.

These cards are fine.

TehOh

Got a registration survey for Marvel Pinball finally. They never fixed Slitherlink (which only had a postplay, and it was a Virtual Console postplay).

RoadDogg

I want the Wii U calendar. But CN's site makes no reference to that being the contents, only IGN did.

I doubt there is anything Wii U in it. None of the previous calendars I got had any current games in it, they were all from the previous year or older. I guess maybe if the Wii U comes out in early November you might get one or two games showing up but I doubt it.

Roto13

I got a (late) registration survey for both Bomb Monkey and Marvel Pinball 3D and they were worth 5 coins each. Then I did the surveys and immediately got post plays.

scoot3r

So today I went to GameStop and got 2 games. Neither code worked when I tried to register it : / I used to work at the local gs too...

b3b0p

My thoughts exactly. My mom helped me. We got some cheap frames and found some places to place them. She thinks they are legit and look pretty freaking awesome. She is 65 and a pastor. My dad loves them and is jealous. Also in the 65 age range. Everyone I know who has seen them thinks they look cool and match my persona. I'm 30.

Drago

I'm sure some people scour the GS display game cases for codes, unfortunately. Gamestop will give you the display case for used and sometimes new games (ugh), giving you a potentially used code if it wasn't taken from the case already. My friend did it this year to get platinum :/

I did it once but it was codes from Blockbuster display cases that would have never been used otherwise. Or at least, I tell myself that to make me not feel bad :p

If they were brand new sealed copies, then it's probably a bug on the site. Try calling Nintendo support if the problem persists.

Chose the cards. It's a better prize than last years, but I wish NoA would splurge on us the way the Japan branch does. They still haven't topped their first year with the Mario hat IMO.

iphys

Sometimes the CN site tells you a code is already registered when it has just registered it to your account without giving you the registration survey for some reason (like maybe if you accidentally double-click or something just goes screwy on the site). It happened to me once, and the game I had put it in for was an intend-to-buy that was still showing up as intend-to-buy right after, but a while later when I logged in again the registration survey for it was the first thing on my to-do list.

If Gamestop gave you used stuff as part of a new purchase that's pretty shady, and if people are taking the codes out of the cases, that is stealing something that rightfully belongs to the people that are going to buy those games. I bought a DS game from EB Games once that was supposed to be new and it had a save file on it, so I honestly don't trust Gamestop/EB at all.

Top Bottom