• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

jgkspsx

I don't buy new games from Gamestop stores. If I really have to buy from the company, I buy online.

And I don't usually buy used games from them either, so...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
So I'm doing an update and I need to verify a few things...

1) Slitherlink -- it's still listed as only 10 coin (post play) on the CN site. Has -anyone- gotten a 5 coin registration survey for this?

2) Order Up -- has anyone purchased this AFTER July 1st? If so, was it a 5 or 10 coin registration survey? The CN site has it listed as being 20 coins total (10 reg, 10 post play), so it COULD be that 3DS software is 5 coins if less than $10, 10 coins for $10, etc.., but I needed to verify that first.

It does look as though all 3DS downloads (non-VC) released over the past few weeks do have Registration Surveys. If you didn't get one the week before the 1st, they popped up sometime this past week...

Why did Super Mario Galaxy (non Nintendo Selects) give me only 20 coins? I saved the code since it said it wouldn't drop from 50, but it did anyway. Nintendo stole me 30 coins.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Why did Super Mario Galaxy (non Nintendo Selects) give me only 20 coins? I saved the code since it said it wouldn't drop from 50, but it did anyway. Nintendo stole me 30 coins.

Someone else reported that the CN site changed it listed value from 50 to 20 on the 1st. My assumption, at this point, is that an NOA employee made a mistake and neglected to list it as dropping in value, even though it did.

This is what I'm seeing. Just to show you guys.

l5ipt.jpg

I got this shit too o_O. Le fawq
Edit: Used Chrome and saw the correct page. Was on Firefox before. Strange.. o_O
Wonder if I'd get the pins still :eek:. Doubt it ;__;

iphys

I would totally e-mail them about it, because they should really credit you with the coins when they specifically told us it would be worth 50. I know there is an article on NintendoLife complete with screenshots of what Club Nintendo had posted if you want to show them proof of what they had actually told everyone.

Man, I don't wanna sound ungrateful here since it's totally a free gift, but this year's Platinum gift choices feel pretty underwhelming compared to previous years' or to some of the stuff on Japanese Club Nintendo.

I almost wish I could roll-over my Platinum status and claim two of next year's gifts when it's revealed.

Davey Cakes

That would be an interesting concept. Instead of having "platinum status," you're given a "platinum token" or something of the like, and it expires in two years. So, you can choose to spend it on a prize now, or save it for the next two sets of prizes.

Basically, it would treat Elite prizes like regular rewards, the difference being that you unlock a special token for said prizes when you reach Elite status.

Of course, this might just over-complicate things.

Christopher

Will this year's lackluster gift change anyone's opinons of the program or will you not be striving for platinum in the coming year(s)?

zroid

Banned
I consider these rewards only slightly worse than the Pins, and better than the Hat, so no, I fully intend to continue being Nintendo's survey fodder.

Davey Cakes

For the most part, Platinum has come naturally anyway. Yeah, sometimes I'll boost myself up with games that I wouldn't normally buy (because they're wicked cheap, e.g. S&P2 for 5 bucks), but otherwise I just get there even with selective purchasing.

If my brother didn't buy a 3DS this year, I probably wouldn't have made Platinum. That was the real kicker. Seeing as we're both behind getting a WiiU, the 2013 Club Nintendo year probably won't involve "striving" for Platinum; it'll be a repeat of 2012.

flippedb

Banned
I can't see why you feel offended by the gifts. After all, they're gifts. Nintendo is giving you free stuff just because you buy their products.

bumpkin

For the most part, Platinum has come naturally anyway. Yeah, sometimes I'll boost myself up with games that I wouldn't normally buy (because they're wicked cheap, e.g. S&P2 for 5 bucks), but otherwise I just get there even with selective purchasing.

If my brother didn't buy a 3DS this year, I probably wouldn't have made Platinum. That was the real kicker. Seeing as we're both behind getting a WiiU, the 2013 Club Nintendo year probably won't involve "striving" for Platinum; it'll be a repeat of 2012.
Same here. For the most part, I haven't had to go out of my way to try and get extra coins. Although it probably helps that I do tend to ration my registrations and hang on to as many as possible for the next CN year once I've reached platinum. Case and point, I'm only 210 coins away from platinum for 2013 right now thanks to the slew of surveys I completed after July 1st.

donny2112

will you not be striving for platinum in the coming year(s)?

Don't believe any games I've bought have been for the CN coins. Therefore all it takes to get to Platinum is just the managed entry of previously purchased games, anyways. As the regular CN coin rewards usually have stuff that'd be "neat" to have, in any case, Platinum just sort of falls out of that. Still make sure that Platinum is reached each year with already available codes, but don't go out of the way (i.e. "strive") to get it.

No change, then. *shrugs*

Edit:
What Rash and bumpkin said. :)

WEGGLES

Ordered the playing cards and saw this

"
Your reward order has been placed.

Reward: Platinum Mario Playing Cards

Order #: 123456789

Your Elite Status Reward will be distributed before the end of December, 2012. You will receive a confirmation email when it has shipped. Click Reward Order Inquiry on your Club Nintendo home page to view your order status. Please allow 30 minutes for the order to appear in your Club Nintendo account.

:(

Ah well.

zroid

Banned
Mario poster set has been added to "Currently unavailable" status. Hadn't it previously been removed from the catalogue entirely?

Palehorse

I went for the cards, a nice set of plastic cards is never a bad thing. I also consider that to be far better than the pins last year. Such a useless gift I neglected to even claim it.

Anyone from Chicago going to July 21st Wii U event?
I just got invited by a friend.

edit ... and just got invited myself lol
If I don't use my invitation, I just might give it away to someone.

zroid

Banned
I went for the cards, a nice set of plastic cards is never a bad thing. I also consider that to be far better than the pins last year. Such a useless gift I neglected to even claim it.

That's sad. The pin set was easily a more impressive package than first appeared. You may not have loved it, but chances are you'd have liked it enough to at least get for free.

Presentation counts for a lot.

BooJoh

Will this year's lackluster gift change anyone's opinons of the program or will you not be striving for platinum in the coming year(s)?

I only need 260 more coins for 2013's platinum, and the post-plays for my July 1st registrations just popped up so some of that's already covered. 90% of the games I play are Nintendo games and most of those are on 3DS.

I use the surveys to give feedback and constructive criticism about Nintendo's services, and in exchange I can get free swag. When the year-end gift is underwhelming (like the pin set) I just shrug it off, because the only way I "paid" for it was with very small amounts of my time.

TLDR; I don't have to "strive" for platinum, I'm just getting free stuff for buying stuff I would've bought anyway. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

TehOh

1) Slitherlink -- it's still listed as only 10 coin (post play) on the CN site. Has -anyone- gotten a 5 coin registration survey for this?

I think I was the only person to buy this one, lol.

I never got a registration survey for it. The only survey that I did get was a 10 coin post play. The post play survey was in the style of a Virtual Console survey, so questions on whether I played Slitherlink on the original system, how the VC service could be improved, etc.

So, it seems that Slitherlink was incorrectly classified as a Virtual Console game.

I consider the platinum gift as a bonus so I'm not complaining. The Mario cards are at least of some use to me. I still have my pins in the plastic wrapping. This is my 4th platinum and I'm only 180 coins short of my 5th platinum.

wingz

Just went with the cards, because I already got the Skyward Sword posters from last year. I was really hoping for the Mario Pillow, that would have been amazing. Last year they decided to copy Japan's reward, but this year they didn't for some reason. I hope they make it a reward, so you can still get it and also make those awesome polos from Japan a reward as well.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate

As a whole I'm pretty satisfied with CN as a bonus rewards program. Here's my haul for the 2011-2012 Club Nintendo year:

baRWoyWNaPqVYqX7j4Aqvhmt2HJxlRC4.png
-O66MnQX-dtayRbEOfxvprdPF2D3gs_C.jpg
ck6zYQmAZbZ0rODlsWDYXVw8HvcEwU3D.png
0E6Sbu1FVMNS-h-e0Ead-35MlTpSyOsO.png

GRsY1.jpg

ShgFa.jpg

3D Classics: Xevious ($6)
Art Style: CUBELLO ($6)
3D Classics: Urban Champion ($5)
Donkey Kong ($4)
Nintendo 3DS Card Case 18 (~$25)
Mario Playing Card Set ($??)

All the games plus the 3DS card case add up to cost exactly 600 coins. The actual real-world value of it all is $46 plus whatever the playing cards end up being worth ($10-$15 maybe). Easily over $50 worth of stuff for filling out a few short surveys every other month.

No complaints from me.

Drago

The only download game I've picked up so far is Pictobits. All the others I already had/stupidly missed out on.

Other than that, I got the Cards Platinum reward and a Game Case 18 the first day they came out. I still need to get a second one whenever they go back up again :/

Palehorse

That's sad. The pin set was easily a more impressive package than first appeared. You may not have loved it, but chances are you'd have liked it enough to at least get for free.

Presentation counts for a lot.

Truthfully if I'd been even a bit interested in pins I would have claimed them for the collection aspect. But I was so disappointed I completely forgot about it until after the deadline and then it was too late.

I have heard the presentation was quite good though.

MrMan2k3

Anyone from Chicago going to July 21st Wii U event?
I just got invited by a friend.

edit ... and just got invited myself lol
If I don't use my invitation, I just might give it away to someone.

I got invited and am planning on going. It allowed me to invite three friends, but when I forwarded the invites out to them, it apparently signed them up for the Washington D.C. event rather than the Chicago event... I am currently sending e-mails back and forth with Nintendo to figure this out.

TriAceJP

Baaaah.

I went with the cards. It was a tough choice between that and the posters, but I think I am getting a little too old for posters.

MarkusRJR

Have they gotten rid of the 3DS game cases for good? I really want another one or two but they've no where to be seen for a while now.

IrishNinja

still deciding between the cards and the posters...prolly cards cause i can't see putting any of those posters up, i mean they're quality and those games are cool but i've already got 2 SS posters somewhere and all. tempted to go with MM but a) i should really get stuff that's not available otherwise and b) when they remake it for 3DS im gonna feel silly.

damn these $65 mario pillows.

DarkKyo

UM... wtf? Can somebody please tell me what happened?

I just logged in to choose the platinum gift as two months ago I finally reached platinum status for 2012. It had that silver P up in the corner and everything. So I click into the Mario cards to order them and it suddenly says "Sorry! This is only available to platinum elite status members" and the icon in the upper right now has a gold "G 2013"... what is going on here? What the hell happened to my platinum status?

Clipper

UM... wtf? Can somebody please tell me what happened?

I just logged in to choose the platinum gift as two months ago I finally reached platinum status for 2012. It had that silver P up in the corner and everything. So I click into the Mario cards to order them and it suddenly says "Sorry! This is only available to platinum elite status members" and the icon in the upper right now has a gold "G 2013"... what is going on here? What the hell happened to my platinum status?
The status bar is showing your status towards this year, which is probably 0 coins along the way to Gold. As for your status of 2012, could you check what your Coins & Status tab of your Account & Coins page says for the 2012 year?

It's possible you were confusing the on the way to platinum bar as actually being platinum...

DarkKyo

Weird, inside that tab it says I only got gold this year. I'm 100% positive I had the silver P though. If I didn't have it I would have kept adding new codes... :(

Weird, inside that tab it says I only got gold this year. I'm 100% positive I had the silver P though. If I didn't have it I would have kept adding new codes... :(

I almost made your mistake (thinking I had more coins than I actually did, by relying on the P indicator) but I realized my mistake a few days before July 1st and hurried to earn enough points just in time.

PaulSancheezzee

Neo Member

I made the same mistake as well, saving some codes for the 2013 year. I'm glad I did, considering there was nothing that stood out for me in terms of platinum rewards.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
20 Coins away from Platinum 2013. I'm afraid I won't make it, what with the weekend 3DS shop sales, registering the free club nintendo games, the launch of two systems, and the slate of half a dozen or so first party 3DS games coming before July 2013.

Top Bottom