• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Drago

Yeah, once there isn't a console/ambassador program to get a lot more people to platinum than usual, the prize quality should increase.

At least, I would hope so. :p

So weird, I didn't register any points at all this year for the American Club Nintendo and yet I got sent an email telling me congratulations pick a prize. :\

What does your Coins & Status tab on the Accounts & Coins page of your account say for the 2012 year?

I have to check when I get home, thats how much I've used it in the last year (none at all lol) I don't even remember my login/password.

Because the 3DS is region locked and the PAL Wii being much better release wise for the last few, I've barely had any reason to import from America lately.

If anyone is not at Platinum or Gold member status and is dying for any of the rewards, I'm still willing to sell them, I only have one taker for $20 for the cards, money's tight so if anyone is willing to offer more, that would be REALLY appreciated. :)

garfep

Sigh, I wish we got anything even close to this cool:

@NintendoUK said:
Check these ‪#MarioKart‬ mini trophies, now available in our ‪#ClubNintendo‬ Stars Catalogue! http://www.twitpic.com/a6ou5v http://bit.ly/N2cDWF

wbeaO.jpg

iphys

For some reason, buying trophies for yourself seems kind of weird, even if you are buying them with stars that you "earned" I guess.

Shiggy

If those were available in the US Club Nintendo, they should also cost an insane amount of coins. Just so that you get an impression of how shitty the European system is.

Lothars

If those were available in the US Club Nintendo, they should also cost an insane amount of coins. Just so that you get an impression of how shitty the European system is.
It's still worlds better than the US Club Nintendo, I would rather save up coins and use them on those than 99.9% of the things we have.

JeTmAn81

I am only Gold status, and I already have Majora's Mask and Mario Vs. DK, so I ended up picking Metroid II. S'cool, I owned it on the GB back in the day.

I'm not sure how many stars you get per game in Europe, but I did a quick comparison to what's available there vs. over here in NA, and it looks like the trophies would be worth about 800 coins apiece.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
I'm not sure how many stars you get per game in Europe, but I did a quick comparison to what's available there vs. over here in NA, and it looks like the trophies would be worth about 800 coins apiece.

The conversion rate of CN stars to coins in roughly 5:1. For example, a $50 Wii game is worth 50 coins in the US and 250 stars in Europe.

So at that rate these would cost about 1000 coins in US CN currency.

The SNES controller would cost 1400 coins. The Zelda statue would cost 3000.

Sigh, I wish we got anything even close to this cool:

wbeaO.jpg

Whaaaat! These are so neat! Well, as lackluster as this years gifts were, maybe this is a sign of things to come? I can only wish. Wish really, really hard.

dat Animal Crossing bag

AnimalCrossingone-strap-bag_large.png

OMG that bag!! It's so cute :( I really wouldn't mind giving up a free gift at the end of the year if it meant we could just save up a ton of points for awesome bags and trophies...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
When are they aiming to ship the cards? I'm moving next month and not sure which address to send it to.

'By the end of 2012' is what they told me when I placed my order. Probably okay to send them to your new address, or someone in the area you can pick them up from.

Clipper

When are they aiming to ship the cards? I'm moving next month and not sure which address to send it to.

If you know the new address, use the new address. If you don't, use the old address and e-mail them when you do know it to get the address changed. They'll ship in October at the very earliest given past years.

Edit: Also Stump, read the OP :p
If you achieve Elite Status, you will get a choice of gifts to choose from in July that will be sent out at some time between October and December.

Top Bottom