• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

My biggest problem with NA Club Nintendo is that when there are prizes people want (aka 3ds card case, mario hat 3ds sleeve) they are up for an extremely limited time.

Seriously NoA how long are you gonna have the fans up for before you realize nobody wants them?

isny

napkin dispenser
Yup.

Fuck NoA.

Reggie's expression when he heard your statement:

200px-Reginald_Fils-Aime.jpg

Seriously though, the email they sent out saying you reached Platinum really tried to stress the fact that it was so amazing of them to offer "you SEVEN different gifts to choose from." and how excited they were about it. =/

Drago

I love Reggie, he seems like a cool guy, but if he's the main cause for NoA's shittiness and not NCL then I love him a little bit less.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The fans and the reversible pouch are the only NA Club Nintendo rewards I've ever heard universal praise for.

Posters are close but one person I know got a damaged set so he gave it a negative before sending them back.

Drago

The fans and the reversible pouch are the only NA Club Nintendo rewards I've ever heard universal praise for.
What about the Card Case 18? I haven't seen any complaints for that.

I wanted all of those JP-exclusive covers though. Pikmin... :(

My biggest problem with NA Club Nintendo is that when there are prizes people want (aka 3ds card case, mario hat 3ds sleeve) they are up for an extremely limited time.

Seriously NoA how long are you gonna have the fans up for before you realize nobody wants them?

Supply and demand. People like those things, they redeem for it. There's no limit, so maybe they get multiples.

I would bet that NA membership is much higher than EU membership as well.

PKrockin

Wow. These platinum rewards suck. I have no use for the posters and the design of the playing cards is so busy and messy they would be supremely annoying to actually use in a game. Sigh.

At this point I kind of doubt I will see the 3DS game case in stock ever again, so I think I'll just order one from Amazon or something.

watershed

Banned
I'm probably really late to this but those new Mario Kart trophies on the European Club Nintendo are awesome. I really want them to come to NA.

I have NA Club Nintendo Codes for Mario Kart 7 and a Super Mario Land 3D to trade. I've bought both these games twice and discovered I can't use the codes again.

I've used codes for

Zelda
Pilot Wings
and
Star Fox

So I won't need those. Anyone have anything to trade and could use these codes?

Thanks!

Edit: Reads the FAQ. I'm going to try and setup a family account instead.

Thanks anyways.

Kazerei

Banned
I have NA Club Nintendo Codes for Mario Kart 7 and a Super Mario Land 3D to trade. I've bought both these games twice and discovered I can't use the codes again.

Read this:

I have two codes for the same game. Can I register and get coins for them both?
Not on a single account. However, if you really are desperate for those coins, you can set up a family account and link it to your existing account to pool the coins. This allows you to register one game per attached account.

jgkspsx

So, GAF, I sold all three previous Club Nintendo platinum rewards. Took in $167 total. Really, I don't think they were that bad.

(I actually feel bad they went for that much. I was hoping for $100 total.)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hmm... in theory, Electroplankton is no longer available -- so a new eShop/Wii Shop title could appear today.

Hmmmm, it doesn't really tempt me at all. Guess I'll wait until the 30th to see what replaces this one. I assume whatever replaces Mario Tennis is going to be a Wii game and my Wii isn't connected to wi-fi.

Smellycat

I already ordered my Elite gift and I got a confirmation email a while ago. But I logged in to my account and I noticed that I still had the option to pick a gift. Does that just mean that I can change my gift until the end of this month?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm adding Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure to the spreadsheet...

Does anyone know if

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy
or
Heroes of Ruin

come with Club Nintendo codes?

jgkspsx

You know what? I dislike most tower defense games, but Starship Defense has completely won me over. Now I feel bad about not buying it back when. It especially burns me that I wasted the money on Link'n'Launch, which I really hated.

Did you love Trajectile? Well, you will most likely love Starship Defense too.

iphys

Seriously, people that complained this was the reward don't know what they're missing. The game didn't get 82 on Metacritic for nothing.

Esiquio

So a few months back my brother had his 3DS stolen. He had Mario Kart 7 in the 3DS, which sucks to lose, and a bunch of downloaded titles. I just got off the phone with Nintendo and provided them with the serial number, and they were able to see the games he had downloaded on that 3DS, thanks to the account being linked to his Club Nintendo sub-account. Now, in order to POSSIBLY transfer the titles (something that the CS rep told me is in no way a guarantee), she said I would need a copy of the police report. Anyone else had a similar experience? Is this really the only way?

Vlad

Ok, given that I've never bought anything from the DS/3DS online store, I don't know quite how this works, but will Starship Defense work on a DSi? I know the reward page says that the system is 3DS, but the icon on the right side shows "DSiWare", which I had thought was the DSi-centric software.

zroid

Banned
Well someone should have said Starship Defense is a Q Games tower-d joint! I'm strongly reconsidering my earlier stance on this thing.

Roto13

Ok, given that I've never bought anything from the DS/3DS online store, I don't know quite how this works, but will Starship Defense work on a DSi? I know the reward page says that the system is 3DS, but the icon on the right side shows "DSiWare", which I had thought was the DSi-centric software.

DSi doesn't have anywhere to input download codes.

So a few months back my brother had his 3DS stolen. He had Mario Kart 7 in the 3DS, which sucks to lose, and a bunch of downloaded titles. I just got off the phone with Nintendo and provided them with the serial number, and they were able to see the games he had downloaded on that 3DS, thanks to the account being linked to his Club Nintendo sub-account. Now, in order to POSSIBLY transfer the titles (something that the CS rep told me is in no way a guarantee), she said I would need a copy of the police report. Anyone else had a similar experience? Is this really the only way?

Well how else can you prove it was stolen?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Top Bottom