• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Clipper

October has been the earliest they ever shipped so far. And that's why I include that prediction in the OP... which people should be reading ;).

I'm pretty sure the following post was the first person to post on GAF when they got it last year. Take a look at the date and now forget about your reward because it'll be a long while before you get it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33107440&postcount=6320
WAT!

October has been the earliest they ever shipped so far. And that's why I include that prediction in the OP... which people should be reading ;).
I really should've.

Joining in on the fun, just signed up and registered three 3DS games. Need to find the coupon I got with my 3DS. Probably going to go for Gold and get the calendar, especially if next year's prizes are disappointing again.

Question time: I downloaded the Ambassador games a long time ago (in addition to free 3D Classics Excitebike), but I only registered last night. Will my account recognize and treat these old downloads on my account as survey-applicable? I'm not expecting them to be, but it would be nice to be able to cash in.

isny

napkin dispenser
Joining in on the fun, just signed up and registered three 3DS games. Need to find the coupon I got with my 3DS. Probably going to go for Gold and get the calendar, especially if next year's prizes are disappointing again.

Question time: I downloaded the Ambassador games a long time ago (in addition to free 3D Classics Excitebike), but I only registered last night. Will my account recognize and treat these old downloads on my account as survey-applicable? I'm not expecting them to be, but it would be nice to be able to cash in.

To answer part of your question, you don't need any coupon from your 3DS, just enter in the serial number from the back of the unit.

Clipper

To answer part of your question, you don't need any coupon from your 3DS, just enter in the serial number from the back of the unit.
That's incorrect. Only the DSi is registered via the serial number. All other hardware comes with a separate code. Entering the serial number of other hardware will give you the extended warranty and that's all.

No, they won't be survey-applicable. And it's too late to call Nintendo and ask nicely for them to add them in for you as the 120 days for the post plays have also expired.

Parallacs

So a few months back my brother had his 3DS stolen. He had Mario Kart 7 in the 3DS, which sucks to lose, and a bunch of downloaded titles. I just got off the phone with Nintendo and provided them with the serial number, and they were able to see the games he had downloaded on that 3DS, thanks to the account being linked to his Club Nintendo sub-account. Now, in order to POSSIBLY transfer the titles (something that the CS rep told me is in no way a guarantee), she said I would need a copy of the police report. Anyone else had a similar experience? Is this really the only way?

Yeah. I got my 3DS stolen as well as my PSP, cell phone, and a lot of other items when I went to Vegas last winter. I was stupid and left my suitcase in the car which we VALET parked at New York, NY on the last day.

I instantly got ahold of Nintendo upon returning. They quickly escalated my call and told me a police report is the only way they can do anything. I called the las vegas police dept to file a report. It took about 30 mins to itemize everything and provide all my personal information. Then they informed me they couldn't email or fax the report and that it would come once an officer had processed it and talked to me. Two weeks later I got a call from an officer who basically told me there wasn't much they could do. The report was mailed to me a week later.

I scanned the whole 20 page document and emailed it to the address Nintendo provided. I got another call and was told that they would transfer my ambassador games and I would be eligible for the GBA ones when they came out. I would not be able to recover my eShop purchases (I had only made two). I also lost three physical games that they wouldn't cover.

Overall, it was a hastle but it doesn't hurt to try. I have one of the few ambassador qualified red 3DSes in the world! It just makes me mad that there is a valet out there with my teal 3DS and PSP.

isny

napkin dispenser
That's incorrect. Only the DSi is registered via the serial number. All other hardware comes with a separate code. Entering the serial number of other hardware will give you the extended warranty and that's all.

No, they won't be survey-applicable. And it's too late to call Nintendo and ask nicely for them to add them in for you as the 120 days for the post plays have also expired.

Guess I'm used to the years and years of just entering the serial prior to Club Nintendo. My bad =(

isny

napkin dispenser
Just cross posting from the Nintendo Downloads thread. This is for the Japanese Club Nintendo.

http://andriasang.com/con1zw/3ds_dow...ales_campaign/

"Nintendo kicks off 3DS download game sales in a big way next week with New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Demon Training. Both first party titles will be available simultaneously at retail and as full downloads via the 3DS e-Shop.

To commemorate the occasion, Nintendo will be holding a campaign (promotion). Buy the download version of either game, and you'll receive Donkey Kong Original Edition (NES Donkey Kong) on the 3DS Virtual Console and double the Club Nintendo points, or 40 points per game. Buy both games, and you'll also get an addition(al) 20 Club Nintendo points as a bonus."

Are you really that excited about a deck of cards or a calendar?
Im excited for my posters yes I am I collect posters and wall scrolls. What you want me to do feel like you? Besides they're free.

US/CAN Club Nintendo |OT| New and improved. Read the OP.

:p
I just saw "read the OP" Im on my phone most of the time and it cuts it off...and I thought this was a club nintendo OT2 just worded differently lol :p

iphys

Just cross posting from the Nintendo Downloads thread. This is for the Japanese Club Nintendo.

http://andriasang.com/con1zw/3ds_dow...ales_campaign/

"Nintendo kicks off 3DS download game sales in a big way next week with New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Demon Training. Both first party titles will be available simultaneously at retail and as full downloads via the 3DS e-Shop.

To commemorate the occasion, Nintendo will be holding a campaign (promotion). Buy the download version of either game, and you'll receive Donkey Kong Original Edition (NES Donkey Kong) on the 3DS Virtual Console and double the Club Nintendo points, or 40 points per game. Buy both games, and you'll also get an addition(al) 20 Club Nintendo points as a bonus."

Wow, that's like barely an incentive at all if they try to offer us the same thing. A lot of people already pre-ordered New SMB 2 for $10 off, and I'd sooner save my money.

Edit: Intend-to-buys are up for the eShop and retail versions of New SMB 2.

Clipper

Edit: Intend-to-buys are up for the eShop and retail versions of New SMB 2.

It's interesting that there are two separate entries...

Edit: Also, lol at

In what condition do you plan on buying New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Downloadable version)? Choose one.

• Plan to buy new
  • Plan to buy used
  • May rent or borrow
  • Not sure yet

donny2112

Double coins for purchasing the eShop version (retail download code works, too) of NSMB2 and registering by Sept. 20. 100 coins for the game, then.

Edit:
Aaaaanddd, thus begins the reason to not reach Platinum in July. Stuff like this for extra coins through the year. :)

Drago

Aaaaanddd, thus begins the reason to not reach Platinum in July. Stuff like this for extra coins through the year. :)

Exactly. Thats why I stopped redeeming codes once I reached gold.

Hope that double-coin/DK Original offer comes to NA... I'd download a second copy of NSMB2 so my sister could play coop with me :)

donny2112

I'd download a second copy of NSMB2 so my sister could play coop with me :)

Yep. Assuming Co-op requires two versions of the game (and it should), I'd get one DL version and one retail copy. Just hope there's some good deals out there for these near launch. :)

isny

napkin dispenser
As I said in the Nintendo Download thread, the chances of us in NA getting the same promo as in Japan were basically zero, and lo and behold we get a crappier version of the promo =/

Anyone who downloads the game just for the double coins is just silly. Nintendo's track record for digital content has been horrible, and tangible games are really superior in almost every way.

Now...if Nintendo were to offer a FREE download version to anyone who purchases a physical version, or offered the DL version for an extra $5 after registering the legit copy...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
As I said in the Nintendo Download thread, the chances of us in NA getting the same promo as in Japan were basically zero, and lo and behold we get a crappier version of the promo =/

Anyone who downloads the game just for the double coins is just silly. Nintendo's track record for digital content has been horrible, and tangible games are really superior in almost every way.

Now...if Nintendo were to offer a FREE download version to anyone who purchases a physical version, or offered the DL version for an extra $5 after registering the legit copy...

Nintendo of America do this?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

iphys

Lol, 50 extra coins, which might get you half of a Game Boy game -- it barely covers the expense of the extra SD storage space you'll probably need. I'll keep my pre-order discount, thank you.

bumpkin

Lol, 50 extra coins, which might get you half of a Game Boy game -- it barely covers the expense of the extra SD storage space you'll probably need. I'll keep my pre-order discount, thank you.
Well, in all fairness, SD cards aren't that expensive these days. And admittedly, it would be nice to be able to play the game whenever I want with a different game card in my 3DS. The thing I'm wondering though is how much space the DD version takes up.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Except every person would just download the digital version and return the game to a number of stores that accept opened copies. Even doing the power trades back to EB would work.

iphys

Well, in all fairness, SD cards aren't that expensive these days. And admittedly, it would be nice to be able to play the game whenever I want with a different game card in my 3DS. The thing I'm wondering though is how much space the DD version takes up.

I think the game cards are 2 GB, and it's usually about $1/GB to buy SD. Of course, they may have decided to compress the game terribly so that it will download more easily (I hope not).

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Spreadsheet updated to reflect:

1) Thursday's Releases
2) The Intend To Buy surveys for NSMB2 and NSMB2 "Digital".

I've temporarily assigned the eShop version of NSMB2 a value of 90 coins, + 10 for early reg. I'll adjust that later when we see how the "100 coin" bonus really works. NOA is showing a 50 coin value for it, although you should really get 60 (40 + 10 early + 10 intend).
I'll drop the value back to regular levels in September and note the 100 coin value in the Revaluation column.

Did I go a little too nuts lol?

I never bothered to do Club Nintendo stuff before this year, and I'm already up to 610 points (mind you, every game that was registered except for one Wii game was bought this month!).

I've registered my new 3DS and a bunch of games, and now I'm not sure what reward to get (not Elite rewards, I understand I won't be able to pick one until July of next year). Even though some of the physical rewards are "overpriced," I can't help but want something physical and exclusive to Club Nintendo.

Any suggestions?

bumpkin

Scrubbed it looks like just under 700. Although Animal Crossing is in the 400 range.
Now this would be a game that I would give serious thought to going the E-Shop route to purchase. It was mildly annoying having to play musical game cards in my DS when I was in the thick of AC while still playing other games off and on.

Alrix

Kinda wanted the posters but last time I tried it told me I had already redeemed my platinum gift and this time it says its only available to 2012 platinum members. anyone else have this issue?

donny2112

Did I go a little too nuts lol?

Wario64 went nuts when Club Nintendo started. I don't think anyone else can qualify as "going nuts" next to that.

syH3f.png

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wario is slacking. I was Platinum the first day of the new cycle.

lol, 2740 coins in 2009. I would have been around 2300 in 2012 if I didn't start holding off

iphys

It looks like they're counting them as two different things so you could get the coins for both I'm guessing. I wonder if they're actually hoping the craziest of Nintendo fans will want to buy both.

TehOh

Just curious, what would happen if you try to register both the retail and downloadable version of a game on the same account?

I think you will be able to. You can do an "intend to buy" for both versions, which will presumably put two "to do" items on your list. I think they're treating each version as a different game.

zroid

Banned
50 coins for physical is nice.

If digital had DK I would've gotten that

Edit: talking about NSMB2

If they give us DK with digital copies of Oni Training like in Japan I will happily buy that one off the eShop. For NSMB I gotta have dat box. :)

Roto13

Now this would be a game that I would give serious thought to going the E-Shop route to purchase. It was mildly annoying having to play musical game cards in my DS when I was in the thick of AC while still playing other games off and on.

Yes, it was a pain for the GameCube version and it was the reason I only played the DS version for about two weeks and why I didn't bother with the Wii version.

Hearing I could play the 3DS game without keeping it in my game card slot literally changed it from a pass to a buy for me.

Clipper

I'm going with the digital simply because it means I don't have to pay the price of shipping to Australia. The extra coins will be a bonus.

Double coins for purchasing the eShop version (retail download code works, too) of NSMB2 and registering by Sept. 20. 100 coins for the game, then.

Edit:
110 if you do the Intend to Buy survey...

Spreadsheet updated to reflect:

1) Thursday's Releases
2) The Intend To Buy surveys for NSMB2 and NSMB2 "Digital".

I've temporarily assigned the eShop version of NSMB2 a value of 90 coins, + 10 for early reg. I'll adjust that later when we see how the "100 coin" bonus really works. NOA is showing a 50 coin value for it, although you should really get 60 (40 + 10 early + 10 intend).
I'll drop the value back to regular levels in September and note the 100 coin value in the Revaluation column.
They never list Intend to Buy coins in the value on the site and I doubt they will also be doubled.

Given that the offer ends at the end of early registration period, I think the best loading is to give it 40 coins registration, 60 coins early reg. and 10 coins ItB. That way you don't need to add any extra notes to indicate the changed value unless they end up doubling the ItB coins too.

Just curious, what would happen if you try to register both the retail and downloadable version of a game on the same account?
You'd get coins for both. The fact there are two ItBs makes it clear the game has different IDs, so both will happily sit on the same non-family account.

Heads up for anybody that bought Mighty Switch Force on sale last weekend (like me) - do your registration survey (if you haven't already). I almost missed mine. I only logged in to compare the platinum gifts again. I think I've decided on the playing cards over special print effects posters.

Oh, and I'm keeping my $30 Newegg preorder for NSMB2.

Top Bottom